Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? (23339 Views)

Sick Musa Under The Town Planning Bridge Linking Ilupeju To Anthony Village / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Jarus(m): 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
cold:
Why not build both of em simultaneously

Not that easy doing two projects simultaneously except you're an already established big man
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by sule5727: 9:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mc4larin:
Where can one build his first house? Is it the city in which you reside and work/do business? Or the village/town one came from?

Considering the political instability and hositlity in where one resides, which of the above is advisable to build your first house?? Because many buold houses in the village which they will not stay there...

Pls i need good answers with reasons please
building ur house first in the village u come from first, then letter build in were u reside wrk or do business!!!
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
Renovated my Dads house in the villa, but gonna build my first house at ABA, second Enugu, third at Owerri, fourth Awka, fifth Abakaliki before Gidi where I live.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by darlenese(f): 9:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
I think it depends on where u live!
If u live in the north and u are frm the east then it better to build in the village, but if u live in cities like warri, portharcourt or Lagos etc, then u hv no problem building ur first house in the city,
My Opinion tho'
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Edoblakky(m): 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
This is the reason many live in towns hoping that one day war will break out. I've started building here in Lagos because my house rent is in millions. My dad has a big house in the village to accommodate us all during festivities so I'm not under any pressure to build yet. But when I've finished building in town, I might consider building in the village. But my house in town will be far lavishly finished than the one that I may build in the village. I spent virtually all my time in town and only seldom visit the village.

2 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ibime:

It's the same principle. Always go for what produces the best return.

Why the hell would anyone build a house in the village where he visits twice a year before building where he lives?

An astute question. It makes no sense to do so.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Gabreal1(m): 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
ladyju:
During Jos crisis, a family friend's house got burnt, he was reluctant to run with his family like others cos he hasn't build house there yet.

Abeg it's better to build in d village first.

okay you mean houses built in the village cant get burnt too? I think the best place to build your first house is where your life is.

2 Likes

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by bakila: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mc4larin:

But if war or battle engulfed in the city, what will be ur refuge?
There are also instances where the village house could be destroyed by strife and envy. I built where I worked stayed in it for a while and rented it out. The rent was like a big dash when it begin to come in.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by donsteady(m): 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
As an Urhobo man, I build 2 houses already one in my village, the second in my town, building third and forth in the city.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Goodnuel: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
ladyju:
During Jos crisis, a family friend's house got burnt, he was reluctant to run with his family like others cos he hasn't build house there yet.

Abeg it's better to build in d village first.

But Jos is someone's village, same as every major city in nigeria.. There can also be crisis in the village too..
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by highcadre: 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mc4larin:

War no dey happen for village?
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by kross82(m): 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
Anywhere you like, you can build it doesn't matter.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by pak: 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
DuchessLily:
City where u live, So u stop paying house rent and also have a part to rent out , so u can collect house rent frm tenant

With that, it will be easier to save towards d village house.

Why build 1st in a Village u visit maybe once a yr?

Wise woman!

1 Like

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by highcadre: 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
Yomieluv:
Will build in another country because of war.

Like Syria or Ukraine? Great!
I heard recently that men have started buying property in space! Might just be the best option afterall.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by oginga: 9:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
City first...Thanks to the most high that I've completed one already somewhere around Lekki Epe express road and even collecting rent. By the grace of God, Ikorodu is my next target.

My village ?... Maybe!, seriously I am waiting for my uncle to kick bucket, GP tank, or even a full load of tipper truck with rock content before I do anything in my village.

@ op, if you are the type that travels to the village once in three years just like me,then building a house there is just a waste of time and putting your asset/capital to no good use. The reason is that village houses do not yield profit , except you're just proving your relatives wrong and thus -showing off.

1 Like

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by DuchessLily(f): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
pak:

Wise woman!

*singing* ori mi wu ooo....

Hahahahahaha.. *Kidding*

THANX plenty grin
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by wasolad01: 9:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
I think a lot of factors has to be considered. I chose village first because there is a polytechnic in my hometown. I got plots of land behind the campus fence and I am building on it like 2 chalets for student to rent. It's far cheaper to build in d villa and it is very safe too for someone that doesn't have millions to dispise at once. If you prefer city first, make sure you build on it immediately and prepare for omonile troubles too.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Atmmachine(m): 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
I will first build it in the city so as to recover back my money by renting it out to tenants.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by eduxerxes: 10:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mc4larin:
Where can one build his first house? Is it the city in which you reside and work/do business? Or the village/town one came from?

Considering the political instability and hositlity in where one resides, which of the above is advisable to build your first house?? Because many buold houses in the village which they will not stay there...

Pls i need good answers with reasons please
at the top of mount Kilimanjaro
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
Since all the cities are someone elses village, is it not better for one to start developing his own village to become citiy someday?
Goodnuel:
But Jos is someone's village, same as every major city in nigeria.. There can also be crisis in the village too..

1 Like

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by murphyrichy(m): 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
this topic can make a good debate, it depends on the individual. for me, villa first.

1 Like

Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by sala4solo: 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
It simply depend on individual
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by yomi007k(m): 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mc4larin:

If Boko haram or militants attack ur village nko?
No where is safe so long as na naija.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
Depends on if one's hometown is in d village or not. Mine isnbt in d village so I have no probs building a house there. But I'd rather I built in a city.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by menix(m): 10:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
I will advise u start wiv d city, mine aint favouring mii cous of distance to work..

Thou i feel ashamed having 3 in lagos buh not even a personal land at home..

D city house appreciates twice or more in value than d village house in no distant time....

Trust my Imo friends, none accepts building in anoda man's land if not their villa..
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by Justicealh3(m): 10:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
@Village, cause like our president who'll start packin 4rm #aso to his hometonw, if not 4 dat one mr ebele jona build, where did u tink he shld go now.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by nwadiuko1(m): 10:24pm On Apr 04, 2015
DuchessLily:

My father's house, till I build mine
what if you father biuld em own for town too
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by omortoyosi01(m): 10:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mc4larin:

nonsense undecided una no get family house
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by ArodewilliamsT: 10:29pm On Apr 04, 2015
If you are Igbo and you love yourself in this Nigeria wey we dey so, you better build first in the Village for your own good. Safety is key.

You can later look around the state capitals in the east and build. Awka, Owerri, Aba, Enugu are places you build buy and get good ROI. You may then look outside the East for tertiary investment.
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by CosmicJames(m): 10:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
lonelydora:
As the spirit leads.
You have to be specific. Which spirit?
Re: Where Should You Build Your First House (city Or Village)? by kayalla(f): 10:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
why build house in the village and pay rent in the city. that is if the "umu nnadi" (village winches) let u finish the house for village.
after 15 yrs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Guy Is Searching For A Companion For His Widowed Mother / I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. / Why Do People Change After Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.