Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. (4608 Views)

Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church? / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by JUBILEE2000: 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
RobinHez:

Brother, u still haven't answered me! Was the law given when Abraham paid his tithe? Remember Abraham was called the father of Faith (believing without seeing)

Abraham also made animal sacrifices n married more than one wife.Since you want to imitate what Abraham did go ahead and do all that.Look my dear, Abraham paid tithe out of d spoils of war n NOT from his wealth n he did that ONLY once!!!!! Why are we making a doctrine out of this? Why are choosing only the part of the law that deals with finances only? If you uphold the law of tithe, u should also stone the adulterer, ur wife who is menstruating must not go to church etc..please let's repent from this scam called tithe n preach the gospel!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by kushsy: 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hello Mr Die Hard No Tithe Payer..Its God with a Capital G.......or the Bible Said otherwise too?
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by lonzo(m): 10:52am On Apr 08, 2015
I always wonder why this issue of tithing is been discussed all the time .. 90:10 is that much to ask . Besides if you dont pay tithe doesnt mean God wont bless you but he will bless someone who does .

My own opinion if you dont want to pay dont make it an issue .

1 Like

Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by tunde4top(m): 1:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
lonzo:
I always wonder why this issue of tithing is been discussed all the time .. 90:10 is that much to ask . Besides if you dont pay tithe doesnt mean God wont bless you but he will bless someone who does .

My own opinion if you dont want to pay dont make it an issue .
who need our tithe ?. God or pastors ?. If it is god, then where does god lives ?. Who are pastors ?. Are pastors saved different compared to other believers ?. Do pastors have special link to god, compared to other sons of god. Please answer my questions above.

1 Like

Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by tunde4top(m): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
kushsy:
Hello Mr Die Hard No Tithe Payer..Its God with a Capital G.......or the Bible Said otherwise too?
jesus will open your eyes to see the light of its true gosple, in the name of jesus.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by Image123(m): 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
tunde4top:
jesus will open your eyes to see the light of its true gosple, in the name of jesus.

Okay if we pay tithe, we have not seen the light of true gospel.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by tunde4top(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
Image123:

Okay if we pay tithe, we have not seen the light of true gospel.

that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that god raised him from the death, thou shall be saved (romans10:9).
and brought them out, and said,sirs, what must i do to be saved ? (act16:30). and they said believe on the lord Jesus, and thou shall be saved, and thou house ? (act16:31)
yes, it is easy to see from the above verses that tithe has no business with salvation in Christ, so why then do you pay tithe, or compel people to pay tithe ?
must i pay tithe to be rich ?
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by Image123(m): 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
tunde4top:

that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that god raised him from the death, thou shall be saved (romans10:9).
and brought them out, and said,sirs, what must i do to be saved ? (act16:30). and they said believe on the lord Jesus, and thou shall be saved, and thou house ? (act16:31)
yes, it is easy to see from the above verses that tithe has no business with salvation in Christ, so why then do you pay tithe, or compel people to pay tithe ?
must i pay tithe to be rich ?

Okay i yaf hear you, anyone that pays tithe has not seen the true gospel, according to tunde4top.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by tunde4top(m): 8:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
Image123:

Okay i yaf hear you, anyone that pays tithe as not seen the true gospel, according to tunde4top.
stop pretending as if u did not understand that quote. Read it carefully again, and then quote me back. One thing is to be saved, another thing is to understand who you are in christ, and another thing is to work in the understanding of who you are in christ. It is very shameful that many sons of god fall into this tithe manipulation. Stop trying to dodge the truths in this writup. The holy spirit inspired me to come up with this writeup. Dont be rebellion to the message of light and emancipation that are embedded in this tread. God bless you, and have a comfortable night rest.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by Image123(m): 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
tunde4top:
stop pretending as if u did not understand that quote. Read it carefully again, and then quote me back. One thing is to be saved, another thing is to understand who you are in christ, and another thing is to work in the understanding of who you are in christ. It is very shameful that many sons of god fall into this tithe manipulation. Stop trying to dodge the truths in this writup. The holy spirit inspired me to come up with this writeup. Dont be rebellion to the message of light and emancipation that are embedded in this tread. God bless you, and have a comfortable night rest.
Are you threatening me? Anyway, your message has to be very clear and to the point. Your message is that people like me who tithe have not seen the light, or the true gospel. Is that right? Those who tithe are not saved, is that correct?
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by tunde4top(m): 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
Image123:

Are you threatening me? Anyway, your message has to be very clear and to the point. Your message is that people like me who tithe have not seen the light, or the true gospel. Is that right? Those who tithe are not saved, is that correct?
your reply is making me to laff seriously here. I did not threaten you oo. Why are you finding it difficult to comprehend my messages ?. Let me help you out again. Mr A is admitted to a university, after fulfilling the entry requirement. Mr A is now a jambite with little knowledge on his rights in the school. Mr B approached mr A, and lied to him that the school said he must pay him 1k monthly for freedom of working freely on campus. Mr A kept paying the money. Now is it right for mr A to pay the monthly 1k to mr B ?. No! is mr A still a member of the university ?. Yes!
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
tunde4top:
you are so overwhelmed with your prove that you can't accept a simple correction,he said our supreme God's name should start with capital letter "G" like wise with Jesus's name.GET IT? Nw to tackle your observation's about tith,paul and the apostles with the old christians also brought yearly donations(story of ananias and sapheral) tith is mainly for the pastor or priest and the poor.what you should be saying is that many men of God are misusing the main perpose of tith.and mind you,tith is not for tarbanacle or what ever you said,it's was mainly for feeding the levites.man of God would not steal,he would feed from what the congregations gave him or her.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:41am On Apr 09, 2015
RobinHez:

Brother!
1. The law wasn't given to Moses when Abraham payed his tithe to Melchizedek.
2. The law was meant for the jews, and even the jewish apostles still practized them.
3. God commanded that tithe should be payed so that there would be meat in His 'House'...that's where ur stinginess comes in; would God use someone without helping the person. How would u feel being a pastor and after God has used u mightily, u're hungry.
At a time God was angry with the levites because they left their duties to go and farm because the people had abandoned them.
Lastly, the Almighty God said it Himself (He's not a man that repents of what He said);That the first-fruit of our offsprings was His (try tracing Melchizedek)

Also, God never said we would be rich by paying tithe, but we both know what happens when we don't.

1. Abram's tithe was not of his own property. Nor was it of his household income. Nor was it of his own riches. It was of the spoils of war. (Gen. 14:16,18-20; Heb. 7:5) it was of property that Abram promised God he would not claim as his own. The phrase "to the victor belong the spoils" doesn't even apply here, because Abram promised God he would not keep any of the spoils. (Gen. 14:21ff)

2. The Law was indeed for the Jews. God never gave the Mosaic Law to Other nations. (Psa. 147:19-20; Acts 15:5,10,24,28-29; 21:23-25)

3. The command that tithes be brought to the storehouse was not to the New Testament Church. God, through the Prophet Malachi, was rebuking the Priests of Israel. He was not speaking to the children of Israel as a whole, but to the Priests. Notice:

Mal. 2:1. And now, O Ye Priests, this commandment is for you.

What commandment? If you read the rest of the Chapter, there is no commandment givEn in it. It is not until Chapter 3 that we see the commandment. Verse 7...

Return to Me.

God told the Priests that they were to return to Him.

They ask, How?

God answered... (Remember, He is speaking to the Priests...

Will a man Rob God? Yet, ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

The Priests had robbed God. And in robbing God, they had robbed the nation. They robbed the nation of God's protection and provision. God would not send rain until the stolen tithes were brought back into the storehouse.

To see how they robbed God, read Nehemiah 13:1-10.

What happens if we don't tithe? Absolutely nothing. The curse for not tithing was upon Israel. They were commanded to tithe, we weren't. Tell me, would you punish your child for not gathering eggs from the chicken house if you never instructed him to do so? Why would God punish His children for not doing something when He never instructed them to do it?

By the way, the tithes that God said to bring to the storehouse were agricultural, not money.

1 Like

Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:57am On Apr 09, 2015
Pastors lie. God never gave them authority to take 10% of people's money.

2 Likes

Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 09, 2015
Guys tunde is not wrong I want you to read my thread "tithe and Offering".
Shey we are copying the lifestyle of Jesus and the early days Christians. You guys problem is that you don't take time to study the bible.
I have just 2 questions
1.was there any record of Jesus paying tithe
2. Was there any record of the apostles paying tithe

Some pastors go as far as preaching that if you don't pay your tithe you will go to hell.
But all Jesus said about it was "you leave the weightier things of the kingdom (salvation, love,) for the less weightier things(tithe)

If at all u are giving to God.. Give that money, tithe, seed or whatever you call it to poor servants of God who need and widows and orphans and less privileged.
As far as it States in James 1:27

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by Image123(m): 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunde4top:
your reply is making me to laff seriously here. I did not threaten you oo. Why are you finding it difficult to comprehend my messages ?. Let me help you out again. Mr A is admitted to a university, after fulfilling the entry requirement. Mr A is now a jambite with little knowledge on his rights in the school. Mr B approached mr A, and lied to him that the school said he must pay him 1k monthly for freedom of working freely on campus. Mr A kept paying the money. Now is it right for mr A to pay the monthly 1k to mr B ?. No! is mr A still a member of the university ?. Yes!

Actually, your message is very clear, those who tithe are not saved and don't know the gospel. I'll tell you what. Mr A is admitted into school. Mr A sees the advantage, privilege and organization of education. Mr A puts in his all making it worth the while; improving and preserving the quality of life around him all through his stay instead of waiting for government and school authority to spoonfeed him and do it all. Mr A is a responsible man. Yes!
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by Hiswordxray(m): 10:52am On Apr 10, 2015
tunde4top:
Good afternoon everybody. Hope you are all doing well.
Jesus is the High Priest therefore we must pay tithe to the High Priest, Jesus.
But you may ask, how can we locate Jesus and pay tithe to him?
Saul was persecuting the Church and Jesus told Paul, "Why are you persecuting me?"
Just as Jesus is the head, Jesus is also the body. The body of Christ is Christ himself. When you give to fellow believers then you have given to Christ.
Therefore we are to give even more then 10% to how fellow believers. The truth is that we are one with other believers and this means everything we have also belongs to other believers and everything other believers have also belongs to us, Just as God has given us His fullness through Christ.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by tunde4top(m): 11:20am On Apr 10, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Jesus is the High Priest therefore we must pay tithe to the High Priest, Jesus.
But you may ask, how can we locate Jesus and pay tithe to him?
Saul was persecuting the Church and Jesus told Paul, "Why are you persecuting me?"
Just as Jesus is the head, Jesus is also the body. The body of Christ is Christ himself. When you give to fellow believers then you have given to Christ.
Therefore we are to give even more then 10% to how fellow believers. The truth is that we are one with other believers and this means everything we have also belongs to other believers and everything other believers have also belongs to us, Just as God has given us His fullness through Christ.

I never said giving to fellow believers is wrong. The son of a giver, should also be a giver. it is rewarding when we financially support the ministry of Jesus. People supported Jesus financially, when he was on earth then. If i begin to work, i will learn to give at-least 20% of my income to a good ministry, for the spread of the gospel of Jesus. I am only against the title of a giving called tithe (10% of your monthly income). The notion behind it does not give glory to the victories that we have in Christ Jesus. sons of God don't pay tithe, but instead give willingly, cheerfully and bountifully. Have a pleasant day.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by tunde4top(m): 11:27am On Apr 10, 2015
Image123:

Actually, your message is very clear, those who tithe are not saved and don't know the gospel. I'll tell you what. Mr A is admitted into school. Mr A sees the advantage, privilege and organization of education. Mr A puts in his all making it worth the while; improving and preserving the quality of life around him all through his stay instead of waiting for government and school authority to spoonfeed him and do it all. Mr A is a responsible man. Yes!

Sorry to say. You lack basic comprehensive skills. I hope someone else can help you out.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by tunde4top(m): 11:31am On Apr 10, 2015
Bennyzino:
Guys tunde is not wrong I want you to read my thread "tithe and Offering".
Shey we are copying the lifestyle of Jesus and the early days Christians. You guys problem is that you don't take time to study the bible.
I have just 2 questions
1.was there any record of Jesus paying tithe
2. Was there any record of the apostles paying tithe

Some pastors go as far as preaching that if you don't pay your tithe you will go to hell.
But all Jesus said about it was "you leave the weightier things of the kingdom (salvation, love,) for the less weightier things(tithe)

If at all u are giving to God.. Give that money, tithe, seed or whatever you call it to poor servants of God who need and widows and orphans and less privileged.
As far as it States in James 1:27

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

God bless you sir.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by Hiswordxray(m): 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
tunde4top:

I never said giving to fellow believers is wrong. The son of a giver, should also be a giver. it is rewarding when we financially support the ministry of Jesus. People supported Jesus financially, when he was on earth then. If i begin to work, i will learn to give at-least 20% of my income to a good ministry, for the spread of the gospel of Jesus. I am only against the title of a giving called tithe (10% of your monthly income). The notion behind it does not give glory to the victories that we have in Christ Jesus. sons of God don't pay tithe, but instead give willingly, cheerfully and bountifully. Have a pleasant day.
I agree with you.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by Image123(m): 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
tunde4top:

Sorry to say. You lack basic comprehensive skills. I hope someone else can help you out.

I'm happy and satisfied as far as i am saved and i can give tithes, i don't need to comprehend anything more, thanks.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:10am On Apr 11, 2015
https://plotagon.com/52982

A video script I wrote...
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by joelbour: 4:09am On Apr 11, 2015
Quite a detailed analysis. But you must understand that Mosaic law or not, love is expressed in giving. I dont think anyone is coerced into giving against their will. The law of tithing and other forms of giving are universal. Non religious people do give and they are blessed. Your "heartily" giving enriches no one but yourself. Whatever is in ur possession isnt urs in the first place.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by tunde4top(m): 11:09am On Apr 11, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I agree with you.

thank you.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by brocab: 1:19am On Apr 13, 2015
Giving and tithing has two different meanings, tithing means a percentage, and giving can mean less or more.
For anyone to say whatever is in your possession isn't yours in the first place, is calling God an Indian giver-God don't give to take it from you, once he gives it's yours, while you live, we buy and sell everything God has given us.
We live comfortably, or we don't.

And besides you have a cheek giving God a small percentage, when you say nothing belongs to you anyway.
Do what Abram done, not only did he give 10% he gave all, from the spoils of war that didn't belong to him.

Why not give your 10% money back guarantee and all you have back to God, {work for nothing} give it to the kings of the Church-do what Abram done.

When God blesses me with work, he didn't say work for him, he said I have blessed you with work to be blessed, the more work I receive I can bless others in need.

And do you understand what really blesses the Lord? {Not Money} when He see's His Children following after Him 100%, Seeking His kingdom studying, reading your bibles, this is how the Lord is blessed, it's His word" we are blessed, "not money" His word of wisdom and knowledge.

Money can't buy Love

joelbour:
Quite a detailed analysis. But you must understand that Mosaic law or not, love is expressed in giving. I dont think anyone is coerced into giving against their will. The law of tithing and other forms of giving are universal. Non religious people do give and they are blessed. Your "heartily" giving enriches no one but yourself. Whatever is in ur possession isnt urs in the first place.

1 Like

Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by brocab: 3:09am On Apr 13, 2015
So funny> cool
tunde4top:
who need our tithe ?. God or pastors ?. If it is god, then where does god lives ?. Who are pastors ?. Are pastors saved different compared to other believers ?. Do pastors have special link to god, compared to other sons of god. Please answer my questions above.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by ebuscalla(m): 10:58am On Apr 13, 2015
Search - charlesbible14:
BIBLICAL REASONS WHY PAYMENT OF tithe IS ILLEGAL TO THE CHRISTIAN FAITH

Why did God ask the Israelites to pay tithe? Answer Numbers 18:21-24 shows that it was for the sake of the levitical priesthood.

2) However, in the days of Nehemiah, the Israelites has stopped bringing in the tithe to the levites, hence the levites were forced to abandoned their work in the temple and to look for what to eat, therefore God used Nehemiah to correct the matter, they came back to their work as the Israelites started paying tithe again. See Nehemiah 13:10- 13

3)Once again, in days of prophet Malachi, the Israelites stopped bringing in the tithe to the levitical priesthood as the law required (Numbers 18:21-24)This time God spoke harshly to them through prophet Malachi accusing them of robbing him (Malachi 3:8-10)

(4) However Christians are not required to pay tithe, why? Because the levitical- priesthood has ended and the law governing it also changed which included paying of tithe to them as HEBREWS 7:5,12 SHOWS.
Verse 5 says " And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood have a commandment to take tithe of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the lions of Abraham"
Verse 12 says "for the priesthood been changed, there is made of necessity a changed also of the law "KJV

5) Hence, no Christian in the Bible paid tithe, even. The famous preacher Apostle Paul collected no tithe from all the number of congregations he helped to established. Rather he worked with his own hands to support his ministry as a tent maker (Acts 18: 1-3, 20: 33-34)

6. How then should Christians give today?
Answer 2 Corinthians 9:7 says "You should each, give then as you have Decided, not with regret or out of duty for God loves the one who gives gladly "(Good news Bible )

Finally, any Bible scholar, pastor etc who believes that this explanation is wrong -should Please proof me wrong using the Bible as his basis. Otherwise they should Please stop robbing their members by asking them to pay tithe! Romans 2:21-23 says "do you, however the one teaching someone else not teach yourself, you the one preaching do not steal do you steal?..... You the one abhorring idols do you rob temple? You who take pride in law do you dishonor God by your transgressing of the law?

Comparing our worship to an athlete who runs in a race, the Scripture says "An athlete who runs in a race can not win the prize unless he obeys the rules. (2Timothy 2:5)Good news Bible!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by davinero(m): 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
tunde4top:
I will need to brush over some basics before entering the main thing. I can explain this topic in many ways, but i think the points below should be enough to let you see the light. Please pardon my English because i am not a motivated writer. It may be a little bit long, but please read it with a free mind. (if u are smart, and can meditate on those words, then you will see things beyond this topic)
It pains me a lot whenever i go to any social site , and see threads and comments supporting the payment of tithe and first fruit. I think some people find it difficult to study the bible in a contextual manner. Some things were said, based on the situation of a time/period. It takes an intelligent student of the bible (after studying from genesis to revelation) to understand the message of the bible. The bible will show you lapses/deficiencies in the life without Christ. You will see prophecies about Jesus' sufferings and the glory that should follow (2peter10:11).

Being born of God was pleaded for by David in psalm51 (even though some so called Christians still sing these today) . God made a promise to do it in Ezekiel36:26,27. Jesus promised to fulfill it in john14:16. Romans15:8 said it is now fulfilled in Christ. You should be able to differentiate the above events in time, and the answer to them all is Jesus. Jesus is the message, and the word of God in the bible, and all the prophets wrote of him, according to luke24:25-27, luke18:31, luke24:44, john5:39, etc. That is why we need to study wisely to rightly divide the word of truth (2timothy2:15). If u claim you read the book of psalm and Isaiah, and you could not see Jesus in those writings, then you read mere letters. Jesus said in john5:39 that Moses wrote of him. but the Pharisees and Sadducees which were gurus in the laws of Moses could not comprehend, and solve out Jesus from those writings, which led to them questioning his(Jesus) teachings. To be frank, many so called Christians today are still battling with this demonic ignoramus. Now let us begin the proper settings of the writings of Moses in the light of Jesus.

If the moral laws of Moses were giving by God to MEN, for people to perfect, and become righteous, then why did he give another alternative law that set up a practice of yearly sin sacrifice, for sin cover up?. Why should i give you a pencil to write, with instruction not to make mistake in your writings, and then provide a temporary eraser for you again, to clean your errors yearly ?. "galatian2:16 says that nobody can be righteous by the works of law, but by faith in Christ". Did God lie for not telling Moses that only faith in the gospel of Jesus produces righteousness ?. Jesus said in Mathew5:17 that he did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it. Does that mean that Jesus is the answer to all the requirements of the law ?. Till date, the bible never gave account of a single person that attain righteousness through the law. I never said the law is against the promises of God, but the reality is that it cannot produce righteousness (galatian3:21) . verse 23 says " But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. verse 24 says " WHEREFORE THE LAW WAS OUR SCHOOLMASTER TO BRING US UNTO CHRIST, THAT WE MIGHT BE JUSTIFIED BY FAITH" Even Abraham was not justified by the works of the law (romans4). Go to my other thread to see reasons why Christians must chase practical righteousness on earth ( not for the sake of self righteousness). Romans10:4 says "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believe". . . The laws, including the practice of those sacrifices which they offered year after year then were all shadows of Jesus Christ, and could not make them comers unto perfection (hebrews10:1). Please sincerely answer these question. was there a day you taught you were righteous to God in the past ?. Are u righteous to God at moment ?. Will there be a day in the future that u can confidently be sure that God sees you as righteous ?. If your answers for the above are no, then you are practicing and worshiping shadows of Christian. you need to come unto the knowledge of the truth, and believe in the true gospel of Jesus (the realities of Christianity). stop leaving on shadows (things that are not real), because Christianity is real than what you can imagine. If you the preacher is not sure on where you will end up when you die, then what will be the faith of the people you are preaching to ? All the earthly players in the actualization of the yearly sacrifices in old testament, symbolizes Jesus. How ?. Let me quickly highlight the design in the practice of the sin sacrifice done yearly in old testament, and also see the cause/need for the payment of tithe and first fruit.

1). TABERNACLE: It is a building housing the spirit of God.

2). LEVITES: They are full-time workers in the tabernacle (house of God). to minister in the name of God. They are commanded by the law not to work, and the law also commanded people to pay tithe and first-fruit to God in the temple, in other to meet the needs of the tabernacle workers (i.e Levites) financially (numbers 18:21-24, malachi3:9-10 .......).

3). HIGH-PRIEST: It is the mediator between them and God. He can only carry out the sacrifice.

4). GOAT, AND ITS BLOOD: Read leveticus3:2 to know how they were used.

Glory be to Jesus, for manifesting the reality in the above players involved in the act of sin sacrifice (done yearly in old testament), by fulfilling all in us, through his death and resurrection.
OUR BODY IS NOW THE TABERNACLE, BECAUSE WE NOW HOUSE THE SPIRIT OF GOD (1CORINTIAN3:16). JESUS IS NOW THE GREATEST AND THE REAL HIGH-PRIEST (HEBREWS10:12, HEBREWS9:12, HEBREWS:15), LIVING IN OUR BODY (GALATIAN2:30). COLOSIAN1:27 ALSO SAYS CHRIST IS IN YOU. THAT SAME JESUS IN US IS STILL THE GOAT AND THE BLOOD OF ANIMALS OFFERED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT DURING SIN SACRIFICE (ACCORDING TO HEBREWS4:14, HEBREWS2:17)[/i]. . Every purposes that made God to demand tithe and first fruit from people has now been accomplished/solved by Jesus, and are now gunners

JESUS IS NOW AT THE CENTER OF IT ALL. HE SINGLE HANDEDLY FULFILLED ALL THE REQUIREMENTS IN US. THAT IS WHY HE IS ABLE TO SAVE ETERNALLY, BECAUSE THE ACT (REAL DESIGN) OF SIN SACRIFICE IS NOW ALWAYS AT WORK IN US (HEBREWS7:25, 1JOHN2:1-2, EPHESIAN1:13), AND THAT MADE IT PERFECT. [i]

My body is now the house of God, and if i have to pay tithe and first fruit, then i will be the collector. Jesus has made my body to run all the services of the players (like Levites, high-priest, sacrificial goat and its blood) involved in the practice of sin sacrifice in old testament, and Jesus is now the reality of it all in me.

Jesus told a Samaria woman in john4 that a time will come that you shall no more worship God in this mountain anymore, but true believers shall now worship God in spirit and in truth. Some gullible Christians today still go to church with the mentality that God can only be located at church building (they still see church building as a terbanacle). You will see them rolling on the floor, at the church altar. Some fox may now ask that, "does that mean that a church is not a house of God" ?. A church will not be different from a mere building if it lacks the presence and the identification of the sons of God. That made us the church, and the owner of our tithes and first fruits. A church is a place where Christians gather to worship God together, and learn more about Jesus. We also know more about ourselves, and tend to form a family. We contribute financially in church, in aider to aid the spread of the gospel of Jesus. God gave some apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelist, and some pastors, and some teachers, for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of ministry, and for the edifying of the body of Christ (ephesians4:11-12). Neither the pastor, nor the evangelist is our high-priest or Levite or sacrificial goat or stock house of God, but our bodies now possess all .

SOME MAY NOW ASK," HOW WILL YOU NOW BECOME RICH IF YOU DON'T PAY YOUR TITHE (THEY WILL BE QUICK TO QUOTING MALACHI3)" ?. . If you must pay a tithe to a believer in the congregation of believers before you can be rich, then all the rich people in the world must be Christians. If you must pay first fruit, and tithe to a son of God in the congregation of the sons of God before you can be rich, then all tithe payers must be rich by now (experience can only be the best teacher of people here). After collecting the tithe money and praying for you, they will now start preaching the gospel/reality of material prosperity to you, by telling you to find a passion, vision and strategist for the execution. If we Christians ever need the help of God in one way or the other, to be rich materially, then it must be freely giving to us in Christ. Romans8:32 says "he that spared not his own Son, but delivered up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things ? ".......................... We receive freely from God, by faith in Christ!

SOME FOX MAY EVEN SAY, "HOW WILL YOU THEN MAKE HEAVEN IF YOU DON'T PAY YOUR TITHE" ?.. I still have not found a verse that says you must pay tithe to another believer, for you to be saved. Popularly known verse john3:16 says "for God so love the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believe in him should not perish, but have an everlasting life". Romans10:9-10 says if you confess the lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from death, thou shall be saved. God spoke to Simon peter, and peter went to Cornelius in act10:1-48 to preach Jesus to him. He never included tithe and first fruit payments in the preaching of Christ to Cornelius, because we are free from the depth of tithe in Christ. Salvation in Christ is free.

To my greatest surprised, many of these pastors that included the payments of tithe and first fruit into the gospel of Jesus know the truth. I recently had an emotional discussion with one of those pastors. Initially, he disguised that it was right, but after my intense teaching from the bible, he now confessed and said " how will we pastors eat, if we don't preach the payment of tithe and first fruit ?"
this is nice, you really took tym to write all dis? I am not a religious freak so I won't want to sound spiritual here. That same bible you studied said u shud not despise d battering of brethren, do you also know you are a robber if u don't pay tithe, read abt Stephen and the other deacons, Paul etc u'll know DAT tithing and giving of offering is important. That's where the poor are suppose to feed from, I have seen churches pay students fees, supply food to the poor, involve in several community services. Pls don't just come here and put up things to discourage others. If u don't do it fine, just kip it to urself owk! And if wat u are saying is true then u wudnt nid all dis lng grammer to convince any1.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
davinero:
this is nice, you really took tym to write all dis? I am not a religious freak so I won't want to sound spiritual here. That same bible you studied said u shud not despise d battering of brethren, do you also know you are a robber if u don't pay tithe, read abt Stephen and the other deacons, Paul etc u'll know DAT tithing and giving of offering is important. That's where the poor are suppose to feed from, I have seen churches pay students fees, supply food to the poor, involve in several community services. Pls don't just come here and put up things to discourage others. If u don't do it fine, just kip it to urself owk! And if wat u are saying is true then u wudnt nid all dis lng grammer to convince any1.
perhaps you should read the Bible yourself.

We are not robbers if we don't tithe. The command to tithe was given to the children of Israel. They were not to begin tithing until they entered the land God had promised their father Jacob. Their tithe was not to be observed outside the land of Canaan. God did not give the command to tithe to New Testament Believers living on Gentile soil.

There is absolutely no mention of the Deacons paying tithe or instructing others to tithe.
There is absolutely no mention of Stephen paying tithe or instructing others to tithe.
There is absolutely no mention of Paul paying tithe or instructing others to tithe.

The method of giving for the New Testament saints and faithful Brethren is giving with a cheerful heart. But that giving is not to be coerced, not to be dictated by others. We are told to choose for ourselves what we will give.
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by brocab: 11:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
Yes you are a robber if you were a LEVI PRIEST back in those day's. Are you?

And didn't Jesus say go out into all the nations and preach the gospel, are you denying the truth in Christ-Have you not read the scriptures-in word and in truth. Are you disobeying the laws, Do you tithe, do you pay monies in tithing?
Do you read the scriptures, when God said: bring all your crops, stocks, into the storehouse, so maybe My People will be fed.
Are you a Jew, or are you a gentle Christian?

Quote if you don't tithe then kip it to urself.
Did the Lord not say spread the truth, and yet these persons are spreading the truth, and you say keep it to yourself.
Because you yourself are spreading lying wonders, about tithes and offerings...
davinero:
Re: If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2015
God never commanded monetary tithes in His Word. Monetary tithe teaching Pastors are thieves and the churches are their dens.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scientist Discorvered There Is God After Researching / The Sin In Garden Of Eden Was SEX And Not Fruit, Satan Had Sex With Eve PROOF / See What My Pastor Did That Made Me Quit My Church Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.