Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria (4487 Views)

When Size Doesn't Matter: Pre-Wedding Photos / Naija Husband Doesn't Give ORAL To Wife / I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 1:03am On Apr 05, 2015
I am a western woman, I'm professionally employed and have been with an Igbo man for 6.5 years, married for nearly 3. He travels to Nigeria often. When he's hime he's happy, playful, caring even though he's extremely busy with business. When he goes to Igbo land he hardly calls, normally only when he wants something. Even though he promises me everything will be ok and he will call, he just doesn't call. I get upset and I tell humans he gets pissed off with me. He tells me I can call him anytime but when I call he's busy, in the bank, driving or on the street with too much noise and I can't hear him. He tells me he can't call me in the morning as he's rushing out for his business and when he gets home at night he just falls asleep through exhaustion. He is starting a business for our future and I respect him being busy but I am busy too and I will always make time for him. He is not a good organiser but I still don't think its acceptable that he can't make 5 minutes a day to call him wife. We are in different time zones which does make it very hard but I simply cannot understand how he can't call me. It puts a big strain on how I feel and I don't know how much I can accept. I love this man and we fought hard to be together but if he can pick my call or call me should I just accep this or should I be worried? Advice please.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 05, 2015
Story for Orunmila

Shey dey tell u say nairaland be hin papa house,nairaland look like Onitsha or Abakaliki?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 1:13am On Apr 05, 2015
Anambra. In his fathers house but parents deceased. I never met them.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Raiders: 1:17am On Apr 05, 2015
Igbowife1:
Anambra. In his fathers house but parents deceased. I never met them.
It seems like you don't trust your husband. If he hasn't cheated on you before then you have to trust him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Fairgodwin(m): 1:40am On Apr 05, 2015
Well, to be very honest with you, you have every right to be worried. I am a Nigerian, 'a good one,' but for your HUSBAND not to have at least 5 (not so good) minutes to call you, his WIFE daily no matter how busy, it definitely speaks volume.
Please I'm not trying to 'spoil' your marriage or ask you to start 'suspecting' him, but I'm definitely telling you it's either your husband has a wife in Nigeria or planning to get one. Please you do not have to take my comment seriously, I was only speaking my mind and being logical, as the [right thinking] human I was supposed to be.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Artistree: 1:42am On Apr 05, 2015
Your husband could be married for all I care!!! He's busy but happy when with you but suddenly becomes too busy to call you when he's in Naija...story for the birds!
I had a colleague who married a Nigerian living abroad but believe you me, the marriage lasted only three days! The conman had two seperate families in two different countries...she would have raised a third family but for the early discovery.
Do a thorough investigation and you'd be shocked by what you'd find. Igbowife indeed...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by ireneony(f): 2:09am On Apr 05, 2015
your husband have a wife in Nigeria.
shikena! take it or leave it!undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 2:09am On Apr 05, 2015
I have been to Nigeria and met his family. He's sister lives in my country too. I don't believe he has another family. I don't believe he is or has cheated but I am obviously worried.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:18am On Apr 05, 2015
ireneony:
am sick seeing this kind thread i swear,i dont believe most of this oyinbo Nigerian wives
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 2:23am On Apr 05, 2015
What proof should I be able to see if he has a wife in Nigeria too? Just because he doesn't call me much? What else? I've met all his family. I've stayed with them. He lived in Europe when we met for 10 years. He hadn't been living in Nigeria. How could he have another wife? I've met his son and his son lives with my husbands family because the boys mum is no good. The boy is 14. He is not with that mother. What should I ask him to find out?
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:23am On Apr 05, 2015
Igbowife1:
What proof should I be able to see if he has a wife in Nigeria too? Just because he doesn't call me much? What else? I've met all his family. I've stayed with them. He lived in Europe when we met for 10 years. He hadn't been living in Nigeria. How could he have another wife? I've met his son and his son lives with my husbands family because the boys mum is no good. The boy is 14. He is not with that mother. What should I ask him to find out?

I think you should sit him down and talk to him about it when next he returns. If him don't call you the you should call him as long as he picks your call you have nothing to worried about
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by pasqal09: 3:26am On Apr 05, 2015
Igbowife1:

Firstly, I don't believe this moniker is genuine but I'll just drop my own one kobo.
Normally, I'd conclude that your hubby deifntely has a nigerian wife here in the country but you insist that can't be possible since you know his family and background quite well.

Therefore, the only assumptions left is that he probably has a woman who isn't he wife that he hiding from you. Or he's probably too busy to call you that is his wife.
So take your pick.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 3:33am On Apr 05, 2015
You've every right to be suspicious of him. All comments above me explained everything that needed to be explained. We're Nigerians and we know ourselves very well. Your husband is seeing another woman, be it his other wife or just girlfriend.

Insist on going with him to Nigeria when next he want to visit. This way you could just get privy to some hidden information that could be very helpful in exposing his dark secret.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35am On Apr 05, 2015
pasqal09:

Firstly, I don't believe this moniker is genuine but I'll just drop my own one kobo.
Normally, I'd conclude that your hubby deifntely has a nigerian wife here in the country but you insist that can't be possible since you know his family and background quite well.

Therefore, the only assumptions left is that he probably has a woman who isn't he wife that he hiding from you. Or he's probably too busy to call you that is his wife.
So take your pick.
I dont believe the moniker,i hate seeing these things...my yoruba husband,my igbo husband
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35am On Apr 05, 2015
ronald4lif:
You've every right to be suspicious of him. All comments above me explained everything that needed to be explained. We're Nigerians and we know ourselves very well. Your husband is seeing another woman, be it his other wife or just girlfriend.

Insist on going with him to Nigeria when next he want to visit. This way you could just get privy to some hidden information that could be very helpful in exposing his dark secret.
you wasting ur time my chairman
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Raiders: 3:37am On Apr 05, 2015
ireneony:
people like you destroy marriages with wrong advice. You don't have the facts of the case and you already arrived to the conclusion that her husband is married or cheating on her.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 3:37am On Apr 05, 2015
Ipledge:
you wasting ur time my chairman

Hmmm how. Like the OP is a dodgy character?
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Raiders: 3:39am On Apr 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

people like you destroy marriages with wrong advice. You don't have the facts of the case and you already arrived to the conclusion that her husband is married or cheating on her.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 3:40am On Apr 05, 2015
Raiders:

You could help her with a better advise, not just rubbish others opinion.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

Hmmm how. Like the OP is a dodgy character?
am tired of this kind thread,I dont know when nairaland become complain site....If she won report her husband,she can go to his village
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 3:43am On Apr 05, 2015
Ipledge:
am tired of this kind thread,I dont know when nairaland become complain site....If she won report her husband,she can go to his village

Hahaha @complain site. I no blame them na the person wey just come wake up me from sleep with one useless call like that.

The OP sound like the o...nila girl sha.
cheesy
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Raiders: 3:46am On Apr 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

You could help her with a better advise, not just counter others opinion.
I am not going to make any assumption till I get the facts. You should be careful the kind of advise you give here. Besides how do you know that the husband has a 2nd wife or girlfriend. There could be tons of reason why he could not call. I just hate it when people like you stereotype Nigerian men with foreign wives.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 05, 2015
Igbowife1:

I think you should sit him down and talk to him about it when next he returns. If him don't call you then you should call him as long as he picks your call you have nothing to worried about
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 3:56am On Apr 05, 2015
Raiders:
I am not going to make any assumption till I get the facts. You should be careful the kind of advise you give here. Besides how do you know that the husband has a 2nd wife or girlfriend. There could be tons of reason why he could not call. I just hate it when people like you stereotype Nigerian men with foreign wives.

How do you get the facts in a situation like this? Are we with the husband in Nigeria to get the fact and not make assumptions but fact?

When there's a question seeking public opinion people react to it based on the possibilities of the likely reason(s) or relate to it with the most common occurence. Is it uncommon for Nigerian diaspora to have a wife in Nigeria while married abroad?.

Most of what the OP said, if true, is pointing to the fact that the man has something he's hiding away from her. This is not the first time he's acting in such mannerism when he travels. Who stays for a day and running to weeks without speaking to their wife for just 5mins? Is he the only busy person in Naija or the first person to set up a business. Please.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Igbowife1: 3:57am On Apr 05, 2015
I might be stupid but I actually done think he's in another relationship. I came to this website for advice on how to communicate with my husband and to understand he's situation better. He is in Nigeria building a massive business for our future. I know this is fact. I know he is busy and very stressed. But when he doesn't call me I get stressed. I call him, I'm upset with him, I tell him, he gets upset with me and we never haveenjoyable conversations. Before he leaves we talk and ge promises he will make an effort but as soon as he goes East everything changes. He's too busy, too tired. No network, can't charge his phone, he's drivung or it's just too noisy because he's in the town. I was hoping other people had this experience and found a way to understand each other and get their partner to make an appropriate effort. I actually know my husband loves me. He's kind and generous. I just can't get him to be kind and generous when he's busy and stressed.
Thanks for all your comments as I'm prepared to hear anything that will give me insight into understanding my love.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:13am On Apr 05, 2015
Igbowife1:

Dear Missy, you know I used to think people in the family section of NL were cruel or cold when they deal hashly with people who come with such stories. But you know what after reading this i cannot hide my irritation as well.

People on this section will try and help you open your eyes but if they see you really like your dark place, they will leave you to it. So you need to be sure of what exactly you want to find out when you come here.

First of all, if you think him not calling doesn't mean he has another wife as suggested why are you in this forum about such a minor issue? Why not wait for him to come back again and ask why he is not making time to call you after all the discussions you had?

Secondly, do you want Nigerians or other Igbos to lie to you and tell you there are no phones in Igboland or their culture doesn't allow calls or its normal for igbo man to act like that when he's home bla bla bla or something ridiculous like that?

Do you go to forums about your small domestic issues like these all the time?

You say he would not be married as he has been in Europe for over ten years but you also mention he goes home often i guess that could be yearly or so, right? Just because you would not have a husband who sees you once a year you assume other women would also not agree to that? Right?

If you trust your husband and his family this much why are you not asking them why he doesn't call? Or better yet ask them to call him and get him to call you?

Why come to a forum of strangers who cannot even call or locate your husband rather than his family?

You know what I think? Deep down you know something is not right but you need strangers to tell you otherwise.

I had a friend who did the samething atleast she was not married and didn't know the guys family, she would put up one excuse after another but deep down she knew what was up.

My advise to you is, go ask his family and be satisfied with whatever response you get until he comeback to answer for himself. If and only if you are still not convinced you can comeback for real advise on how to find information about your husband marital status elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Raiders: 4:15am On Apr 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

How do you get the facts in a situation like this? Are we with the husband in Nigeria to get the fact and not make assumptions but fact?

When t[b]here's a question seeking public opinion people react to it based on the possibilities of the likely reason(s) or relate to it with the most common occurence. Is it uncommon for Nigerian diaspora to have a wife in Nigeria while married abroad?[/b].

Most of what the OP said, if true, is pointing to the fact that the man has something he's hiding away from her. This is not the first time he's acting in such mannerism when he travels. Who stays for a day and running to weeks without speaking to their wife for just 5mins? Is he the only busy person in Naija or the first person to set up a business. Please.
Just because its common for Nigeria men with foreign wife to cheat don't mean you should make the assumption that the man is cheating on his wife . Like I said before there could be a genuine reason for not calling his wife regularly. You should know that not all villages in Nigeria have regular network or electricity to charge his battery.
You live in the West and how would you feel if you travel to visit family in Nigeria and could not call your foreign wife regularly because of bad network or no electricity and then someone advice your wife the reason you cant call is because you are cheating back home or you got a new wife because most Nigerian men cheat on their foreign wife.
We should be careful the kind of advice we give here so we don't destroy peoples marriages
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24am On Apr 05, 2015
BluIvy:

Dear Missy, you know I used to think people in the family section of NL were cruel or cold when they deal hashly with people who come with such stories. But you now what after reading this i cannot hide my irritation as well.

First of all, if you thinking him not calling doesn't mean he has another wife as suggested why are you in this forum about such a minor issue? Why not wait for him to come back again and ask why he is not making time to call you after all the discussions you had?

Secondly, do you want Nigerians or other Igbos to lie to you and tell you there no phone in Igboland or what?

Do you go to forums about your small domestic issues as these all the time?

You say he would not be married as he has been in Europe for over ten years but you also mention he goes home often i guess that could be yearly or so, right? Just because you would not have a husband who sees you once a year you assume other women would also not agree to that?

If you trust your husband and his family this much why not go talk to them to call him and get him to call you?

Why come to a forum of strangers who cannot even call or locate your husband rather than his family?

You know what I think? Deep down you know something is not right but you need strangers to tell you otherwise.

I had a friend who did the samething least she was not married and didn't know the guys family, she would put up one excuse after another but she knew what was up.

My advise, go ask his family and be satisfied and when you are not satisfied then comeback for real advise on how to find information about your husband marital status elsewhere.

you too much free time,since she knows he is igbo,he can go look for him at Abakaliki
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:35am On Apr 05, 2015
Raiders:
Just because its common for Nigeria men with foreign wife to cheat don't mean you should make the assumption that the man is cheating on his wife . Like I said before there could be a genuine reason for not calling his wife regularly. You should know that not all villages in Nigeria have regular network or electricity to charge his battery.
You live in the West and how would you feel if you travel to visit family in Nigeria and could not call your foreign wife regularly because of bad network or no electricity and then someone advice your wife the reason you cant call is because you are cheating back home or you got a new wife because most Nigerian men cheat on their foreign wife.
We should be careful the kind of advice we give here so we don't destroy peoples marriages

Mister, since you're highly of the opinion that the man doesn't have a 2nd family in Nigeria then do give us one genuine reason why a man wouldn't be able to spare 5 mins in a day for his own wife...
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 4:35am On Apr 05, 2015
Raiders:

You have valid points I must admit. However, from what I can deduce you're literally more concern in not ruining the marriage than stating the most likely obvious. We both know the electricity and network issue can hardly hold water. Nigeria has evolve pass that era, at least not the East where I come from. Perhaps the North.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have an absolute zero interest in ruining the OP marriage, and I'm sure it's same for those that commented before me. I was only being pragmatic.

I wish the OP the best and I do hope she get more resounding advise from other readers.
Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41am On Apr 05, 2015
Raiders:

Dear, the lady didn't complain about connection at all but about the guy being busy and not making time to call for even 5 minutes. She says when she calls he cannot talk coz he is busy or its too noisy where he is.
I do not think she would be worried if there was connection issues but she wants advise on how to get him to make the call or make her understand why he doesn't call. Honestly? This is not a forum question.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria by Raiders: 4:41am On Apr 05, 2015
ronald4lif:

You have valid points I must admit. However, from what I can deduce you're literally more concern in not ruining the marriage than stating the most likely obvious.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have an absolute zero interest in ruining the OP marriage, and I'm sure it's same for those that commented before me. I was only being pragmatic.

I wish the OP the best and I do hope she get more resounding advise from other readers.
Nice one bro. I know you are not trying to ruin anyones marriage but just giving advice based on the general facts.

Anyway, I do read most of your comments on the romance section and you are one of the guys I admire most on the romance section because of your great advices. Keep up the good work bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Ladies Say "I Already Have A Boyfriend"... / This Is Why She Lost Interest In You, Based On Her Zodiac Sign / Mrbolt Vs Airforce1 Who Is More Sexy! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.