Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? (10031 Views)

Save Nigeria, Don't Condemn Us. We Are New To Democracy .. / Military Coup Option For Nigeria? Don't Commit Suicide!" Gumi Warns Military / Nigeria Don't Need An Ethno-Religious Biased Leader - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2009
Roflmao!!! The trend is predictable here. First the attack was on the westerner who published his opinion on his travel site. Now it is "Attack-the-diasporans-and-all-non-diasporans" for not seeing Nigeria as we choose to see it . And we wonder where the mentality of those who rioted only a two months ago in Jos, hacking their neighbours to death for not agreeing with them, comes from .

WOOHOO!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by mustafar1: 5:45pm On Jan 27, 2009
next it would be the fault of those HAUSAs who stole money, and the IBO's who go around 419ing everything that passes, and YORUBAs for not indulging in the alimajiri trade.

PS: those are not my words but the HERPIS i read on NL everyday.
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by tpia: 5:51pm On Jan 27, 2009
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by BOSS7: 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2009
GoldCircle:

Those Nigerians that see absolutely nothing good in Nigeria,should keep their opinions to themselves and mind the business of their adopted countries,

The response to your opinion somewhere, and that is stated by someone you surely loes to hate but it has a lot of meaning to it. Read below:

[center]Agressive minority should not force their views and tastes on everyone [/center] !
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by tpia: 6:34pm On Jan 27, 2009
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by Kobojunkie: 6:35pm On Jan 27, 2009
@B.O.S.S, You really expected that to be understood in here?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by BOSS7: 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2009
tpia:

I hope you apply your medicine to your own self?

Are you not an aggressive minority forcing your unenviable lifestyle on others?

Not really. I'm just about having an opinion (which is within my right) and I'm just against people trying to abuse me for stating my opinion while they are all entitled to as well. I'll not force my opinion on people however if I see an article I agree with, I would state why I agree with it and I don't think that's too much to ask is it?

tpia:

why not start a thread about your hometown so others can discuss what they saw there?
Let's start with yours first.
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by tpia: 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2009
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by BOSS7: 6:40pm On Jan 27, 2009
tpia:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

B.O.S.S and kobojunkie- Lagos na your hometown? why crying over other people's problem? grin

Yes it is. Do you have a problem with that? wink
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by namun(f): 6:47pm On Jan 27, 2009
@poster
yeah right
its people like you that have congested lagos and made it ugly. please go and advise others to go too
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by tpia: 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2009
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by BOSS7: 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2009
tpia:

of course it is!!! cheesy

how else will you save face? wink

what year did you migrate there.

You're funny. I'm from Lagos Island believe it or not. Plus I'm a typical born and bred Lagosian as well as my family have nowhere to run to apart from Lagos. I did not migrate to Lagos.
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2009
Roflmao!!!
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by UNLEASHED(m): 1:32pm On Jan 28, 2009
tpia:

of course it is!!! cheesy

how else will you save face? wink

what year did you migrate there.

Even if he ain't a Lagosian, isn't he a Nigerian?? see what that stupid thing wrote about Lagos and Nigeria as a whole for heaven's sake!!! what's his expected goal??
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by lucabrasi(m): 1:40pm On Jan 28, 2009
UNLEASHED:

see what that stupid thing wrote about Lagos and Nigeria as a whole for heaven's sake!!! what's his expected goal??
his expected goal is the same as all the other nigerian/african bashing mediums, neo liberalism,imperialism modern style all in a bid to keep nigeria in perpetual poverty,why should the westerners see anything good in lagos when fashola is running contrary to their usual expectations?if they did then fashola might be in danger of spreading that new way of doing things to nigerians and other states making us ledd dependent on the western world,knowing and fighting for our rights and leading other african countries in a united defiance of western world/values
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by Kobojunkie: 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2009
ROFLMAO!!! Oh my gosh!!! The guy now came to Lagos to attack Fashola?? ROFLMAO!!!

I guess everyone who lands and sees about the same is out against Fashola himself. WOW !!! ROFLMAO!!! This is unbeweavable!!!
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by lucabrasi(m): 1:55pm On Jan 28, 2009
predictable,
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by Kobojunkie: 2:09pm On Jan 28, 2009
You are so predictable yourself. Get over yourself. The world is not about you and your many fears? MY GOSH!!! SO everything lagos is now about Fashola who may be gone in, the next 2 years UNBEWEAVABLE!!! Rofllmao!!!

I cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone can reduce his perception of life to Pro-Fashola vs Anti-Fashola. This is ridiculous with you!! roflmao!!! Sort of reminds me of how MEND tries to inject it's cause into everything happening around the world. Nigerians and there ever growing need for attention even when it does not matter. O ga OO!!! injecting Fashola into every persons observation of Lagos is just wrong. roflmao!!
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by lucabrasi(m): 4:59pm On Jan 28, 2009
now that you have gotten that off your chest,calm down and dont take it so personal as if i have done more than make comments online lol.
as for fashola,im sorry to announce to you that come this time in 2011/2012 he ll still be right there,so you ll still be seeing him for a very long time

in case you have not read the article,lagos state was the focus,and even the thread heading was LAGOS,NIGERIA,DONT GO THERE, so who should be the obvious reference ill use in making my comments if not the present governor of that state?unless theres something im missing here,

lol who want the attention?r you sure it isnt you with your ever increasing posting of your trademark into every single thread?
as to the reason for injecting fashola into my comments,the above reason is more than enough to satisfy your curiousity and enquiry
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2009
lucabrasi:

now that you have gotten that off your chest,calm down and dont take it so personal as if i have done more than make comments online lol.
as for fashola,im sorry to announce to you that come this time in 2011/2012 he ll still be right there,so you ll still be seeing him for a very long time

in case you have not read the article,lagos state was the focus,and even the thread heading was LAGOS,NIGERIA,DONT GO THERE, so who should be the obvious reference ill use in making my comments if not the present governor of that state?unless theres something im missing here,

lol who want the attention?r you sure it isnt you with your ever increasing posting of your trademark into every single thread?
as to the reason for injecting fashola into my comments,the above reason is more than enough to satisfy your curiousity and enquiry

Hey!! If your mind swallows all that gunk as valid reasons for your injecting Fashola into this and turning this into yet another PRO vs ANTI Fashola thread, good for you!!! If it keeps you sane, that is all that Matters. roflmao!!
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by lucabrasi(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Hey!! If your mind swallows all that gunk as valid reasons for your injecting Fashola into this and turning this into yet another PRO vs ANTI Fashola thread, good for you!!! If it keeps you sane, that is all that Matters. roflmao!!
i hear you,but not suprised really, resorting to sly verbal barbs as a reply to comments is really not the way to go, in case you dont belive my comments however all you have to do is glance up from your screenie and you ll see the thread heading again, LAGOS,NIGERIA,DONT GO THERE lol lol my mind doesnt have to sawllow anything as its visually clear to anyone the connection fashola has to lagos being what the thread is all about, but hey you might be right im getting it wrong lol
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2009
lucabrasi:

i hear you,but not suprised really, resorting to sly verbal barbs as a reply to comments is really not the way to go, in case you dont belive my comments however all you have to do is glance up from your screenie and you ll see the thread heading again, LAGOS,NIGERIA,DONT GO THERE lol lol my mind doesnt have to sawllow anything as its visually clear to anyone the connection fashola has to lagos being what the thread is all about, but hey you might be right im getting it wrong lol

And those of us who grew up in the state in question here who actually read the article that followed, and went to the site to check our facts are not serious for not reacting in the same way by injecting Fashola's name into it immediately? Hey!! like I said, whatever excuse fits, you are free to slap it on it to make yourself feel good. It really do not matter to me if you feel you need to inject the man's name into it all and make it a fight FOR OR AGAINST FAshola in all things. Now attacking the TOPIC is now the card you play.

I just observed and saw cause to laugh at you for doing it yet again. . . . If that does not sit well with you, I can not help you there as this is a free forum. grin
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by lucabrasi(m): 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

And those of us who grew up in the state in question here who actually read the article that followed, and went to the site to check our facts are not serious for not reacting in the same way by injecting Fashola's name into it immediately? Hey!! like I said, whatever excuse fits, you are free to slap it on it to make yourself feel good. It really do not matter to me if you feel you need to inject the man's name into it all and make it a fight FOR OR AGAINST FAshola in all things. Now attacking the TOPIC is now the card you play.

I just observed and saw cause to laugh at you for doing it yet again. . . . If that does not sit well with you, I can not help you there as this is a free forum. grin
you read the article cause it fits into your usual stance on most issues when it concerns nigeria/lagos, as far as i am concerned,any article that is subjective isnt worth the 5 mins of my life,seeing as you read the article from front to back why dont you publicly show not me but everyone on here where it wasnt addressing the situation in lagos?maybe the article was about osun state perhaps,or sokoto state?

like i said before predictable, in fact ill be totally suprised and really worried and uncomfortable if you didnt laugh at all as that ll be so unlike 99.9999% of your comments
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2009
For the umpteenth time, if that explanation is what gets your mind to settle down finally, I am cool and my observation stands. grin
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by mustafar1: 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2009
kobo u see wetin ur "rotflmao" don cause. now u r predictable! stop being so predictable already! change to lol or lmaorotf
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2009
roflmao!!!
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by lucabrasi(m): 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2009
must_a_far:

kobo u see wetin ur "rotflmao" don cause. now u r predictable! stop being so predictable already! change to lol or lmaorotf
na real wa for supporters club o,maybe this dude/dudette should run for a political post with this level of support, all hail the brigade
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by mustafar1: 11:19pm On Jan 28, 2009
so you wey u no be supporters club member but dey notice say she dey predictable wetin make we come do to ur case? i no even know wetin i fit talk in response to ur claim sef. if wat i said makes u feel im taking sides. i do not know how to help u.
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by lucabrasi(m): 11:35pm On Jan 28, 2009
lol which one is my own,abeg its a free world o, dont mind me i was just making a casual observation of the eyes lol
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by mustafar1: 11:43pm On Jan 28, 2009
bros nothing do u jare.
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by lucabrasi(m): 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

For the umpteenth time, if that explanation is what gets your mind to settle down finally, I am cool and my observation stands. grin
and if ranting and raving your way through will keep your bp down,then im all for it as well,im sure your observation and your stance on lagos/nigeria is constant just like the clocks in greenwich london
Re: Lagos Nigeria, Don't Go There? by UNLEASHED(m): 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2009
his expected goal is the same as all the other nigerian/african bashing mediums, neo liberalism,imperialism modern style all in a bid to keep nigeria in perpetual poverty,why should the westerners see anything good in lagos when fashola is running contrary to their usual expectations?if they did then fashola might be in danger of spreading that new way of doing things to nigerians and other states making us ledd dependent on the western world,knowing and fighting for our rights and leading other african countries in a united defiance of western world/values

@ lucabrasi
Fashola running contrary to their usual expectations? what expectations if i may ask?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) / Timi Alaibe Declares Ambition To Be Governor Of Bayelsa / Federal Executive Council Approves National Policy On 5G Deployment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.