Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC (30744 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Igbo Senators To Visit Nnamdi Kanu At Kuje Prison / Ikpeazu, Ogah Lobby APC Leaders / Igbo Senators Collude To Deny Biafra 60 Biillon Naira Lagos - Calabar Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by joek(m): 8:34am On Apr 06, 2015
Igbo this, Igbo that; fine, they made a costly mistake but should we throw away a baby with the bad water? Remember the story of the Prodigal son in the Bible? I think if you guys are God, you will never let rain fall on your "percieved " enemy. Team OneNigeria. (am Yoruba)
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by tunlasky: 8:36am On Apr 06, 2015
kunle404:
PUBLIC NOTICE TO NIGERIA CITIZEN, CUSTOM
AUCTION!AUCTION!!. THE CUSTOMS ARE
SELLING CARS WHICH MAY INCLUDE:TOYOTA,
HONDA,VOLKSWAGEN,MERCEDES,JEEPS,NISSAN
PRODUCTS,EXAMPLES INClUDE TOYOTA( CAMRY
2.2 #300,000, COROLLA #300,00,HIACE BUS
#500,000,SEQUIOA #600,000,LANDCRUISER
PRADO #700,000,MATRIX #200,000, HONDA
( ACCORD #400,00, CIVIC #250,000,PILOT
#500,000,GOLF #200,000,PASSAT #200,000,
PEGEOUT #250,000 LEXUS JEEP GX #550,000
LEXUS RX #400,000 BENZ C230, C280 [#300,000]
MAZDA MPV #450,000 MAZDA 626 #250,000
VENAGON BUS #500,000 VW TOURAEG #350,000
CAMRY SPIDER #500,000 SIENNA #350,000
TOYOTA RAV4 #450,000 HONDA CRV #400,000
HONDA ODESSEY #350,000 TOYOTA HILUX &
TACOMA #400,000 MACK TRUCK #600,000 AUDI
A4 #250,000 TOYOTA VENZA #450,000 JAUGUAR
X #300,000 TOYOTA CAMRY SOLARA #300,000
HONDA PILOT #500,000 AND A HOST OF OTHERS
WITH LOW PRICES,AS LOW AS #200,000 TO
#900,000 OF DIFFERENT MODELS.CALL OFFICER
ADEKUNLE CHRIS ON 08105002901 FOR
BOOKING AND PURCHASE.WE DELIVER TO ANY
PART OF THE COUNTRY
Are u sure this is for real
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 06, 2015
Even if the igbos deserve this seat, APC needs to be very careful who they give. Anybody that could have stayed with PDP and encouraged the kind of rigging they did in the east, must be handled with care otherwise, he willbe the 5th columnist. Let them Ben Bruce
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 06, 2015
Even if the igbos deserve this seat, APC needs to be very careful who they give. Anybody that could have stayed with PDP and encouraged the kind of rigging they did in the east, must be handled with care otherwise, he willbe the 5th columnist. Let them give Ben Bruce
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by tunlasky: 8:39am On Apr 06, 2015
joek:
Igbo this, Igbo that; fine, they made a costly mistake but should we throw away a baby with the bad water? Remember the story of the Prodigal son in the Bible? I think if you guys are God, you will never let rain fall on your "percieved " enemy. Team OneNigeria. (am Yoruba)
What we are saying is that they don't have APC senator how can they produce Senate President

2 Likes

Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by magicfingers009: 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
It's serves the Igbo's right esp the Anambrains. They supported GEJ and didn't know it would have a ripple effect on all the polls.
They voted across sentimental biasness and got bitten in the fanny. When would they learn to be on the right side? Well let them feel how it feels to be on the opposition. 2019 isn't that far
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by galadima77(m): 8:46am On Apr 06, 2015
mikeansy:
Who else has noticed that rather than APC focusing on forming the next government and forging a policy direction that will help lift Nigeria they appear to be more interested in tearing the Igbos down!

What I do know is that there is only so far propaganda can get anyone or party in life!

APC should focus on leading Nigeria and just leave Igbos alone!

unfortunately for u Nigeria belongs to all and all shall be carried along....moreso that u are in no position to be d igbo's mouth piece.
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by seeker121(m): 8:46am On Apr 06, 2015
APC please don't agree cos i will hate my party for that if they agree.Next time the igbo shul learn the first principle of investment that says "you don't put all your eggs in one basket" is also applicable when it comes to politics,let them be marginalise now so that they will learn their bitter lesson. Beside i hope they are not trying to be slave to hausas cos yorubas are already slave and holding the 2nd position mtchew set of mediocres.

5 Likes

Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by MayorofLagos(m): 8:46am On Apr 06, 2015
tunlasky:

What we are saying is that they don't have APC senator how can they produce Senate President

Trust me, Tinubu will never allow it to happen. ACF will not accept it either.

1 Like

Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by dvee2: 8:48am On Apr 06, 2015
There was nothing that has not been said to the igbo leadership not to put all their eggs in one basket, they refused insulting everyone in the process, claiming they know better than other regions. Why are we now trying to appease themy? I strongly oppose these moves. They should be left to leak their wounds and learn their lessons the hard way.

1 Like

Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by tunlasky: 8:51am On Apr 06, 2015
Kingspin:
How did u guys voted if not ethnic sentiments. Pls stop deceiving urself alone.

The South west voted APC but they produce Senators under d platform of both APC n PDP. Which ever way d presidency had gone, they would have still be relevant in d Senate leadership, unlike d South South and d South east that gave all they had to PDP
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by femliany(m): 9:02am On Apr 06, 2015
DozieInc:

you dont want gini?
sure the S'East deserve d senate position.
make dem follow jona go do am in Otuoke now..
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by tall2ce(m): 9:07am On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=mikeansy post=32392709]Who else has noticed that rather than APC focusing on forming the next government and forging a policy direction that will help lift Nigeria they appear to be more interested in tearing the Igbos down!

What I do know is that there is only so far propaganda can get anyone or party in life!

APC should focus on leading Nigeria and just leave Igbos alone![/quote
guilty conscience
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by GentleToks(m): 9:08am On Apr 06, 2015
DozieInc:
Less than two months to the inauguration of the Eighth Senate, some Igbo senators are set to leave the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Con­gress (APC).

The APC, which clinched majority Senate seats in the March 28 National Assembly poll, is set to constitute the leadership.

Ahead of that, it was learnt at the weekend that three ranking PDP senators from the South-East had opened talks with top leadership of the APC.

At least, two of the sena­tors, it was gathered, opened a channel of communication with one of the senators fa­voured to clinch the Senate president seat from the North- Central.

The lawmaker reportedly told his ranking colleague that the defection, coming from a high-ranking member of the Seventh Senate could not be treated with kid gloves.

The senator told his col­league that he would have to consult the national leadership of the PDP because the gentle­man’s arrangement was that since there was no ranking senator from the South-East, at least, until now, “if he gets a positive nod from the APC leadership, the deal can be perfected on the day of inau­guration which will then allow him to clinch the desired slot.”

The senator was yet to get back to his colleague as at the weekend because the APC national leadership was yet to conclude on the zon­ing arrangement for leader­ship positions in the National Assembly. But the snag in the deal was that the South- East senator was about being checkmated by two of his colleagues from the region who had powerful links with two former military heads of state. The former military men played significant roles in the March 28 victory of the APC.

Defecting to another party, other than the one on whose platform a lawmaker was elected can only be possible after taking the oath of office on inauguration day, after the Senate president had emerged.

The procedure was stipu­lated in Orders 1,2,3 and 4 and the Senate Standing Orders 2011 (as amended).

It was, however, learnt that the lobbying senators were hopeful of securing an under­standing with the leadership of the APC, while the defec­tion could be effected after the composition of the new Na­tional Assembly.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=112949

APC should resist this with all passion......

Even if they must allow these Thieves to join APC, let them remain ordinary floor members of senate.

Thy are only interested in the leadership of the house. Trying to reap where they didn't sow.

1 Like

Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 06, 2015
abduljabbar4:

That's not what I'm saying. But be sincere to yourself these people didn't vote for apc in the entire region. They deserve it but they don't.
They hate apc and refused to vote for it and voted pdp.

To be straight foward they don't deserve it. You can't earn salaries without working
you're an asshole 4 saying that... Thunder wey go fire ur father d do press up... Tribalistic slowpoke!
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 06, 2015
dvee2:
There was nothing that has not been said to the igbo leadership not to put all their eggs in one basket, they refused insulting everyone in the process, claiming they know better than other regions. Why are we now trying to appease themy? I strongly oppose these moves. They should be left to leak their wounds and learn their lessons the hard way.
wat lesson are they learning? Ur type are d problem of disunity we experience in Naija... U're a goat 4 typing diz jargon
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by GentleToks(m): 9:18am On Apr 06, 2015
Denizsmart:
you're an asshole 4 saying that... Thunder wey go fire ur father d do press up... Tribalistic slowpoke!

Sharrrap!!! Bunch of thieves. The thunder wey go fire your own papa don already finish press up.

Who can't be more tribalistic than you thieves? You refused to vote APC simply cos you guys are freaking tribalistic.

Tell us one reason why you guys hate APC prior to presidential election, Tribalism is the straight answer.

Post election, you guys are now eating from the plates of people you hate so much. Shame!!!! Bible says that backwardness for people who hate their fellow human being and that is why you are where you are today.

3 Likes

Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 06, 2015
Luggi007:
They don't deserve a shi*t. I will advise them to follow GEJ to otueke to start fishing bizz. We will consider them after the first term of buhari.

Long live Buhari
Long live APC
Long live Nigeria

You sound stup1d and naive,,, even Ashiwaju himself would never sound so tribalistic. I have often wondered why I rarely ever find tribalism amongst the rich and successful...rich Yorubas and igbos like each other very much!!! But go where the poor are, or come to nairaland where a lot of hungry wretched people are and u find tribalism and religious hate very where!!! How come?
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by adeA1(m): 9:37am On Apr 06, 2015
Ordnarily I cud nt see any reasn while y we shuld deliberatlY be askin for troubl. They fougth it unfairly rough by themselves so they retain no seat for themselves.

Okey then if we must ve S. President from them let 1of those won by that of their crook deceit step down for Ngige or Somebdy else on d already platform of d APC who I believ genuiely and legally won d seat.
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by Defcon1(m): 9:39am On Apr 06, 2015
What dafuq with this lgbo senate presidency bull?!!
Really??
Will the Igbos perish without the senate president's seat?
How does that benefit the regular lgbo man on the street( me and you especially)
What difference did the likes of Evans( or was it Evan) Enwerem , Chuba Okadigbo and Anyim Pius Anyim make in the lives of the ordinary lgbo man??
The Yoruba were not among the 1st 6 citizens in Jonathan's administration; how did that affect the life of the ordinary Yoruba man on the street??
We are talking about bettering the lives of ordinary citizens here,not the fulfilling the selfish ambitions of some greedy politicians who don't care about the masses.

It will be a travesty to give the senate presidency to a former PDP senator who just decamped after the elections.
Many APC senators stood, risked all and fought for their party, only to be usurped by a cowardly, selfish, opportunistic, PDP traitor.
I am a neutral, but I believe strongly in giving people positions based on merit.
Screw the so-called political advantage; serves only the selfish, greedy money grabbers NOT the poor masses.

1 Like

Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by Gboliwe: 9:58am On Apr 06, 2015
ilugunboy:

Doing good....slightly down with fever though.

I know you do...just an innocent correction that you shouldn't worry over.

Awwwww. The stress of the last few days I guess. Sorry. Drink a lot of water and rest very well. You will be fine. kiss
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by demmie1: 10:04am On Apr 06, 2015
through out jonathan years, Yoruba never had anybody in the top position, nobody complained, tinubu even refused a certain seat in the federal house and yet the southwest did well. I dont understand this noise about ibos not having any top position, the yoruba did it for four years, so there is nothing to it.
SE can go back to politics drawing board and maybe if they get their calculations right, the can canvass for senate presidency in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by misterh(m): 10:06am On Apr 06, 2015
joek:
I believe the Senate president has to be from the party with the majority seats. Right now, APC has the majority seats but there is no Igbo APC senator. If they had thought properly, they would have realized that the election was too, too close to call. It was keenly contested. Thus, the need to spread their chances but the Igbo in their wisdom chose to put all their eggs in one basket and went for PDP who lost. And you don't expect APC to give the senate presidency to someone that just decamped especially when there are alternatives.
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by demmie1: 10:07am On Apr 06, 2015
GentleToks:

Sharrrap!!! Bunch of thieves. The thunder wey go fire your own papa don already finish press up.

Who can't be more tribalistic than you thieves? You refused to vote APC simply cos you guys are freaking tribalistic.

Tell us one reason why you guys hate APC prior to presidential election, Tribalism is the straight answer.

Post election, you guys are now eating from the plates of people you hate so much. Shame!!!! Bible says that backwardness for people who hate their fellow human being and that is why you are where you are today.

Ans: Awolowo party
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by mbulela: 10:09am On Apr 06, 2015
neocentric:
Let's hope it isnt a little bit too late. All regions deserve to be adequately represented at the centre and feel part of the power whether or not they voted for the party in power. Doing that will show maturity on the part of APC.
utter crap.
Politics will suddenly not change to suit your definition of maturity. Even in America, positions are shared based on regions of strength but without merit being sacrificed.
The east had their sons as deputy senate president and deputy in the house. What did they do for the east? Besides sinking lousy boreholes and giving pseudo-scholarships?
Go and see the state of the federal roads in Imo state and see the state of the Enugu/Onitsha highway. If not for Chime and Obaino who have done a parallel state road, travelling in that axis would be hell.
I support that all regions need to be carried along but it is nonsensical to expect the SE to have the senate presidency when they don't even have a senator from the ruling party.
Also, I wish the APC will ban new members who already hold an electoral office. It will put an end (at least for now) to all these lousy stories. Knowing Nigerian politicians, I will not be shocked if David Mark offers to cross over to APC.
There is no honour among these thieves.
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by smokeyupu(m): 10:10am On Apr 06, 2015
DozieInc:

you dont want gini?
sure the S'East deserve d senate position.
Deserve what? They know the rules of d game before they all voted for PDP. When PDP had it for sixteen years did they show mercy by relinquishing a slot for the opposition? U guys don shoot una self for leg 10 x 10 times. The senate leadership must always b formed by the majority / ruling party. Take note
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by mbulela: 10:12am On Apr 06, 2015
Defcon1:
What dafuq with this lgbo senate presidency bull?!!
Really??
Will the Igbos perish without the senate president's seat?
How does that benefit the regular lgbo man on the street( me and you especially)
What difference did the likes of Evans( or was it Evan) Enwerem , Chuba Okadigbo and Anyim Pius Anyim make in the lives of the ordinary lgbo man??
The Yoruba were not among the 1st 6 citizens in Jonathan's administration; how did that affect the life of the ordinary Yoruba man on the street??
We are talking about bettering the lives of ordinary citizens here,not the fulfilling the selfish ambitions of some greedy politicians who don't care about the masses.

It will be a travesty to give the senate presidency to a former PDP senator who just decamped after the elections.
Many APC senators stood, risked all and fought for their party, only to be usurped by a cowardly, selfish, opportunistic, PDP traitor.
I am a neutral, but I believe strongly in giving people positions based on merit.
Screw the so-called political advantage; serves only the selfish, greedy money grabbers NOT the poor masses.
In addition, APC should even refuse any senator from crossing from PDP. It is not like the party is seeking majority. It already has it. Let them stay where they are and provide a robust opposition.
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by Intendy: 10:16am On Apr 06, 2015
If they like let all the S/E PDP senators decamp,I'm 100% sure that seat wouldn't be given to them.
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by Dbrave1(m): 10:17am On Apr 06, 2015
Indirectly BUKOLA SARAKI is the senate president.i dislike that guy ehn
Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by pazienza(m): 10:20am On Apr 06, 2015
Yorubas crying more than the bereaved, Na so una love Ndiigbo reach? Haha! APC represents political suicide in Igboland, an example has been made of Ngige, hopefully Imo people will finish the job come April 11.

You can choke on your Senate presidency, no one is interested in your poisoned chalice here. Deal with it, Ndiigbo will support GEJ all over again if the hands of clock is reversed, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC by pazienza(m): 10:20am On Apr 06, 2015
Yorubas crying more than the bereaved, Na so una love Ndiigbo reach? Haha! APC represents political suicide in Igboland, an example has been made of Ngige, hopefully Imo people will finish the job come April 11.

You can choke on your Senate presidency, no one is interested in your poisoned chalice here. Deal with it, Ndiigbo will support GEJ all over again and reject any trace of APC if the hands of clock is reversed, Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) / Ann Jonathan Obuebite Graduates From From UK University. PICS / Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 75th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.