Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3028895 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
#AFSF

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
Boko Haram Factional Leader Shekau Claims Credit For Lt. Col. Ali’s Death, Vows To Confront Donald Trump

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/14/boko-haram-factional-leader-shekau-claims-credit-lt-col-ali’s-death-vows-confront-donald
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2016
In continuation of his routine visit to operational units, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Mshl Sadique Abubakar today visited the 99 Air Combat Training Group (ACTG), Kainji - The Home of Alpha Jets. The Visit, according to the CAS, was to enable him assess the challenges facing the unit with a view to providing solutions; given the critical role play by the unit in the fight against insurgency.

Air Mshl Abubakar used the opportunity to pay courtesy call on His Royal Highness, Alhaji (Barrister) Muhammad Sani Haliru Dantoro, Kitoro IV, Emir of Borgu, who recently ascended the throne of his forefathers. The CAS also commissioned infrastructures both newly provided and renovated in the unit to enhance the welfare of personnel. These include newly constructed 10 blocks of pilot quarters, medical laboratory building and officers’ ward as well as the officers’ mess, SNCOs mess and airmen club which were renovated. Dignitaries at the commissioning ceremony include Air Cdre Joe Okoiye (retired) who was the Guest of Honour and, AVM DS Dillimono (retired) as Special Guest. Both senior officers once commanded the 99 ACTG while on active service.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 15, 2016
bidexiii:
In continuation of his routine visit to operational units, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Mshl Sadique Abubakar today visited the 99 Air Combat Training Group (ACTG), Kainji - The Home of Alpha Jets. The Visit, according to the CAS, was to enable him assess the challenges facing the unit with a view to providing solutions; given the critical role play by the unit in the fight against insurgency.

home of the Alphas... so this is where all the love making between NAF and these birds take place. shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 1:23am On Nov 15, 2016
Guys, If NAF loves these Alpha Jets so much, why don't we just acquire them in sufficient numbers?
At least 3 squadrons of 15 jets each, a wing of about 50 jets.

At least our strike missions would be squadron or half a squadron sized raids. Saturating BHTs with bombs and rockets.

Our best source, would be the French or the germans who use them as jet trainers.

We still have 21 L-39s, languishing in the Czech republic. All the while, wearing NAF's Roundels. The Syrian air force, is making good use of this very type.

The MB-339CD NKO ? it was supposed to be undergoing an upgrade by the Italians.

NA wa O ? How serious are we about prosecuting this war ?

As I have said before, it is a tactical error for a single Tank crew to be racing from firefight to firefight .

The Tank depends on trained infantry or a tight formation of other tanks and infantry fighting vehicles for it's survival. A lone tank would be easily disabled by an RPG or a mine.

Mi-35Ms, the likes of the turboprop Tucano and attack jets should be providing the relief that mortars and artillery can't provide.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:00am On Nov 15, 2016
WATCH NA BEAUTIFULL VIDEOS INSIGHT INTO THE NORTH EAST WAR

MOTOCYCLE BATTALION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bzwf7ODu2Q

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:01am On Nov 15, 2016

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:02am On Nov 15, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:02am On Nov 15, 2016

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:04am On Nov 15, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:05am On Nov 15, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

home of the Alphas... so this is where all the love making between NAF and these birds take place. shocked

yeap the home of alpha jets and the former SEPECAT Jaguar .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:14am On Nov 15, 2016
LTGEN:
Questions for Bidexii
How have the Motor cycles fared in Combat?
How is the Motor cycle Battalion doing as a whole?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bzwf7ODu2Q
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 15, 2016
bidexiii:

yeap the home of alpha jets and the former SEPECAT Jaguar .

The Sepecats are based at TAC in Makurdi not Kainji.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:31am On Nov 15, 2016
doziex:
Guys, If NAF loves these Alpha Jets so much, why don't we just acquire them in sufficient numbers?
At least 3 squadrons of 15 jets each, a wing of about 50 jets.

At least our strike missions would be squadron or half a squadron sized raids. Saturating BHTs with bombs and rockets.

Our best source, would be the French or the germans who use them as jet trainers.

We still have 21 L-39s, languishing in the Czech republic. All the while, wearing NAF's Roundels. The Syrian air force, is making good use of this very type.

The MB-339CD NKO ? it was supposed to be undergoing an upgrade by the Italians.

NA wa O ? How serious are we about prosecuting this war ?

As I have said before, it is a tactical error for a single Tank crew to be racing from firefight to firefight .

The Tank depends on trained infantry or a tight formation of other tanks and infantry fighting vehicles for it's survival. A lone tank would be easily disabled by an RPG or a mine.

Mi-35Ms, the likes of the turboprop Tucano and attack jets should be providing the relief that mortars and artillery can't provide.

I think in terms of the war prosecuting we are not doing bad at all.

according to rumor source and until its being confirmed we are getting up to 30 jf-17 multirole fighters , which is also good for ground and strike roles, and they are very cheap to maintain. only its taking time these jets should already be in nigeria.

The Aermacchi MB.33; some are still serviceable and active. i think the upgrade contract thing by the italians never happened .

please dont let us be misinformed, yes we need more MBTs in our CION , but that is not to say a single Tank crew to be racing from firefight to firefight , thats a wrong insight to the on going war. The current COAS saw that the T72s where actively & relentlessly used due to the size of the N.E frontline, thats why they came up with the idea of fixing grounded VICKERS EAGLE MBT to support and ease the burden on the T72s and that was a brilliant solution.

the americans has not being helping since the heat beginning of the war so why now. the tucano jet sale has being cancell and i dont know why our serving chiefs are not learning from our past mistakes. let america have a drone base in nigeria if they will not give you the tucanos for free...

lovely contribution mate.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:34am On Nov 15, 2016
Henry240:

The Sepecat are based at TAC in Makurdi not Kainji.

hmmm.................../

but there remains his in the hangers of NAF base janji.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:56am On Nov 15, 2016
CION

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 7:59am On Nov 15, 2016
bidexiii:
EQUIPMENT SUPPORT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGVNShPswW0
Thank you for posting these videos,Mr Bidexii as I can tell you have been in the North East for at least a year or more.So you have been there at least between 2015 and 2016.
Unfortunately on this Blog we have people blinded by their self hatred for anything after 2015 has been improved.
I had friends who spent close to two years from 2014-2016 and slept with AK-47 between their legs when things were really bad
On my list I blacked out Logistics because in 2014 it was awful,
On my list I talked about Communications, in 2014 Soldiers would text their commanders on WhatsApp and Commanders walked around with packets of recharge cards today in 2016 as shown the Army has Drones upon drones that guide their artillery and yet people will deny that anything has changed ,I am glad you showed the Video
I am glad you showed that we have Vickers Tanks repaired , T72 Tanks repaired and the Logistics line that was non existent in 2014.
I know it will not be enough for those who will continue to deny
Do you know at one time the COAS was spending every other weekend in the North East.?
May God bless Nigeria
Amen.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:40am On Nov 15, 2016
giles14:
300~450 units are u going to war .

even UK MBT is not up to dat amount.
40 T90 n 80 T72 is enough.

pls let's try to be realistic

Watch these videos ur self and please envisage the numbers of MBT, IFV/AFV will be needed to properly prosecute the N.E war and for the entire army itself.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:43am On Nov 15, 2016
Government forces recapture town after Al Shabaab retreat

Southwest military forces backed by Somali National Army (SNA) have wrested full control of the southern town of Tiyeglow in Bakool region from Al Shabaab militants on Monday, Garowe Online reports.

A senior Southwest state official, told GO that their forces, along with SNA had "stormed the town of Tiyeglow without resistance soon after the insurgents pulled out".

Yesterday, the allied troops had successfully retaken El Garas area also in Bakool region before seizing Tiyeglow district in Bakool region in southern Somalia, which came under Al Shabaab control in October.

Earlier last month, Ethiopian troops serving with African Union peacekeeping troops (AMISOM) have pulled out of several key areas in southern and central Somalia, giving Al Shabaab access to comeback.

But Somali Federal government has announced it will push Al Shabaab out of the remaining pockets which they seized from SNA and AMISOM forces.

Al Shabaab was forced out of Mogadishu, five years ago, but the group still continues to launch regular attacks on military and civilian targets in its fight to overthrow the weak western-backed Somali government.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:18am On Nov 15, 2016
LTGEN:

Thank you for posting these videos,Mr Bidexii as I can tell you have been in the North East for at least a year or more.So you have been there at least between 2015 and 2016.
Unfortunately on this Blog we have people blinded by their self hatred for anything after 2015 has been improved.
I had friends who spent close to two years from 2014-2016 and slept with AK-47 between their legs when things were really bad
On my list I blacked out Logistics because in 2014 it was awful,
On my list I talked about Communications, in 2014 Soldiers would text their commanders on WhatsApp and Commanders walked around with packets of recharge cards today in 2016 as shown the Army has Drones upon drones that guide their artillery and yet people will deny that anything has changed ,I am glad you showed the Video
I am glad you showed that we have Vickers Tanks repaired , T72 Tanks repaired and the Logistics line that was non existent in 2014.
I know it will not be enough for those who will continue to deny
Do you know at one time the COAS was spending every other weekend in the North East.?
May God bless Nigeria
Amen.

Watching these video, you will know that the present COAS is just innovative and being creative.

A Lot of things has to be done on the side of the Federal government, like allocating proper and increasing funds of the Defence. Enough of loosing brave soldiers ;farhers, sons and relative they deserve proper fighting equipment. Join the military does not mean you are going to die. Ask a civilian today they tell you join the army and after basic training you will be sent to the evil forest which your eventuality of returning home is slim.

If we are sending them to fight let's equip them properly. The COAS which I highly commend it's effort by rejuvenating some oldies i:e Vickers MBT back to life to fight BHT. These is not proper but there is a saying that when the "innovation is the mother of necessity" . Which is what his currently doing now to bridge that hard ware gap.

Our army needs serious intervention, if that money that was released during the Dansuki's regime was judiciously and properly used we wouldn't av just purchased BMP-1 & t72 breaking down timeless, rejected BRT-4E by irag that our top chiefs then bought.

Only REVAS and BIG FOOT MRAP are of good quality. The Vickers MBT and scorpion light tank are not proper for these type of CION. That is why u see them being abandoned when BHT attack troops position.

Much is yet to be done, I hope Mr president can do more.

Interesting videos, guys hope u download and watch them.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 9:52am On Nov 15, 2016
bidexiii:

Watch these videos ur self and please envisage the numbers of MBT, IFV/AFV will be needed to properly prosecute the N.E war and for the entire army itself.

dis is propaganda in its highest level,I bet its was also d present govt that bought d heavy duty vehicles, d unmanned demining vehicles.
pls go look for novices and feed dem dis.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:09am On Nov 15, 2016
giles14:
dis is propaganda in its highest level,I bet its was also d present govt that bought d heavy duty vehicles, d unmanned demining vehicles.
pls go look for novices and feed dem dis.

Of course they bought all those hardware and we where not arguing that including 6units of the bozena mine sweeper that arrived late.

But has I said earlier most of these hard ware where junks and over prised.

What we are saying is the mode of Operation ranging from troops welfare, node of Operation on the theatre/field & logistic, more professionalism not those days Nigeria army took to there heals and abandon there equipment, we are seeing much a professional army we could be proud of.... undecided

Now answer my question ; BHT is a war which you av to see ur self it's not just the conventional war fare we all know but it's a WAR going on. What numbers of MBT and IFV/AFV does the NA needs..... grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 10:41am On Nov 15, 2016
bidexiii:

Of course they bought all those hardware and we where not arguing that including 6units of the bozena mine sweeper that arrived late.

But has I said earlier most of these hard ware where junks and over prised.

What we are saying is the mode of Operation ranging from troops welfare, node of Operation on the theatre/field & logistic, more professionalism not those days Nigeria army took to there heals and abandon there equipment, we are seeing much a professional army we could be proud of.... undecided

Now answer my question ; BHT is a war which you av to see ur self it's not just the conventional war fare we all know but it's a WAR going on. What numbers of MBT and IFV/AFV does the NA needs..... grin
well truly all d hardware bought by d past admin are junk,but were used to halt and beat back d BHT advance.
u call dem junk n still d present govt had still not gotten a genuine hardware.

hmmmmm. dis brainwashing is really serious
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2016
#SF

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2016
bidexiii:

well for me I still maintain my position 80 T72 n 40 T90.
den we can convert our Vickers to heavy IFV .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:13am On Nov 15, 2016
giles14:

mate considering the vast terrain of the N.E( borno,yobe,yola & Adamawa) 200 and 500-700 both wheeled and tracked IFV to support the MBT.

Honestly I do not have the privilege to exploit sambisa forest very well but I speak of KEKENO where I was once deployed and posted. KEKENO is a border town desert with niger republic, it's fucken vast in terrain talk less of sambisa.

120 units of MBT comprising of t72 & t90, shows we are not ready to prosecute and dessicated BHT. The truth is Nigeria military is used to such weak procurement power due to our corruption.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 11:42am On Nov 15, 2016
giles14:

Nigerian Army needs to overhaul her inventory of equipment. We shouldbe talking of

1. minimum of 400-600 T72 tanks with latest fire control, night vision , active and reactive armour upgrades

2. Minimum of 150 T90 tanks with same spec as above.

3. Min of 1,800 mix of AFVs (tracked and wheeled), light tanks, recovery vehicles, and bridge layers

4. 600-800 MRAPs in mixed configurations

5. New towed and and wheeled artillery guns in different calibers mix

6. Conversion of chasses of T52s and Vickers to mobile SAM launchers, radar and recce vehicles

7. Start domestic production of reverse engineered SS missiles, SAMs, high caliber mortars

So all your 40-80 MBTs is going to just be for a reserve division. Analysis of mid term threats within and around us requires us to up our game. Their is good chance that another threat might grow along our NW boarder. That place has very close proximity to Mali - Chad cauldron. We need to be ready before things get too hot there. If it does, we might need to manage it alongside NE as NE wahala isn't going away soonest.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chinese8107: 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
bidexiii:

Watching these video, you will know that the present COAS is just innovative and being creative.

A Lot of things has to be done on the side of the Federal government, like allocating proper and increasing funds of the Defence. Enough of loosing brave soldiers ;farhers, sons and relative they deserve proper fighting equipment. Join the military does not mean you are going to die. Ask a civilian today they tell you join the army and after basic training you will be sent to the evil forest which your eventuality of returning home is slim.

If we are sending them to fight let's equip them properly. The COAS which I highly commend it's effort by rejuvenating some oldies i:e Vickers MBT back to life to fight BHT. These is not proper but there is a saying that when the "innovation is the mother of necessity" . Which is what his currently doing now to bridge that hard ware gap.

Our army needs serious intervention, if that money that was released during the Dansuki's regime was judiciously and properly used we wouldn't av just purchased BMP-1 & t72 breaking down timeless, rejected BRT-4E by irag that our top chiefs then bought.

Only REVAS and BIG FOOT MRAP are of good quality. The Vickers MBT and scorpion light tank are not proper for these type of CION. That is why u see them being abandoned when BHT attack troops position.

Much is yet to be done, I hope Mr president can do more.

Interesting videos, guys hope u download and watch them.

yes.i think wheeled Armored Vheicle especially fast moving vheicle is more suitable than tracked ones as the enemy moving on fast pickup.tracked vheicle are usually slow and easy to conk out
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
homerac7:

Nigerian Army needs to overhaul her inventory of equipment. We shouldbe talking of

1. minimum of 400-600 T72 tanks with latest fire control, night vision , active and reactive armour upgrades

3. Min of 1,800 mix of AFVs (tracked and wheeled), light tanks, recovery vehicles, and bridge layers

6. Conversion of chasses of T52s and Vickers to mobile SAM launchers, radar and recce vehicles

7. Start domestic production of reverse engineered SS missiles, SAMs, high caliber mortars

So all your 40-80 MBTs is going to just be for a reserve division. Analysis of mid term threats within and around us requires us to up our game. Their is good chance that another threat might grow along our NW boarder. That place has very close proximity to Mali - Chad cauldron. We need to be ready before things get too hot there. If it does, we might need to manage it alongside NE as NE wahala isn't going away soonest.

God bless you.

Nice contribution, you said what is needed and what to begin with for a nation of over 200 million people with vast porous borders that has the tendency of excaliation at any time.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
chinese8107:

yes.i think wheeled Armored Vheicle especially fast moving vheicle is more suitable than tracked ones as the enemy moving on fast pickup.tracked vheicle are usually slow and easy to conk out

Yeap I said mixed IFV/AFV both wheeled and tracked type.

Both I'll rather go for the track IFV for the desert terrain like ;sambisa & kekeno desert terrain. And wheeled vehicle for motorable village to village routes. Let's just av them both variants in our inventory.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
homerac7:

750 tanks n 1.8k Ifv?. this will be a logistics n service nightmare just hope our army is up to d task
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2016
giles14:
750 tanks n 1.8k Ifv?. this will be a logistics n service nightmare just hope our army is up to d task

1.8k IFV is not much at all, when NA was at its best we've managed more than than number well. Currently we are managing over 1000 serviceable oldies.

If we are buying over 1.8k IFV, we are up to the task. We simply send personnel to be trained abroad, increase the army intake to sustain what you have on ground , make sure there is an outfit facility where the hardware can be maintained and serviced and lastly availability of spare parts, if possible if they can be produced locally has the NAF his currently building on.

The thing his we Nigerians are intelligent ; we know what to be done and how to go about it, only corruption has taken over our system.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.