Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3028328 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
SSBN:
NAF ejection seat facility at the 301 flight training college in Kainji.
shape looks similar to JF-17
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by overhypedsteve(m): 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
the shape seems similar to jf-17 thunder
yes it does grin Very soon you go start to wear JF17 crested boxers. Everything is now a sign.
SSBN:
Odunayo you gotta be honest Kozmicity is correct. Our leaders have failed us.We should be livid with rage, not making excuses for the criminals. And we should drop this political correct culture here where one is condemned for being negative. We have more satellites in Space than all of Africa combined. We gave a GDP of $1 trillion if measured in PPP. We have carried out more military operations in a 25 year span than any other country in Africa. We've been at war without rest for 15 years, even in the midst of war we've deployed forces to Liberia and Sudan. We deployed combat helicopters and 800 men to Mali. Just recently in January we spent $350 million on an ungrateful and entitled ECOWAS to solve the Gambian crises. We deployed our newest warship to Gambia and deployed air assets and reconnaissance planes to Senegal.

YET YET YET.

Between 2005 and now we spent $1,2 billion on combat planes alone yet we still keep twelve 35year old Alpha jet trainers as the backbone of the Nigerian Air Force. We spent a quarter of a billion dollars buying MiG-21 junk, today there are just six in operation, after losing expensive pilots to crashes. Tiny countries are humiliating us and actively working against our interest because they know we are WEAK at the moment. If this doesn't drive you mad then I have nothing to tell you.
thank you Joor you make sense always.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
Odunayaw:
grin my cover is blown, how did you know my name shocked grin

I almost ask you the correct pronunciation of your moniker until I eventually figured it out myself last month after all this time. You would think I just cracked some difficult code. I was like, "this has been staring me in my face all this time yet I couldn't figure it out." grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
Xbee007:

I almost ask you the correct pronunciation of your moniker until I eventually figured it out myself last month after all this time. You would think I just cracked some difficult code. I was like, "this has been staring me in my face all this time yet I couldn't figure it out." grin grin
grin it seems I am not 'covert' enough grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
Odunayaw:
Perhaps Covert1 should lecture us all on "Art of Covertness." grin grin
I removed details that could link me to the real world since a crazy troll taught me a lesson on Facebook.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
Xbee007:

Perhaps Covert1 should lecture us all on "Art of Covertness." grin grin
I removed details that could link me to the real world since a crazy troll taught me a lesson on Facebook.
grin I can't build fancy monikers like I see around here so I manage to stay 'covert' with My name
Bless the troll that is interested in me.. if she is a Lady tho

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
Odunayaw:
grin I can't build fancy monikers like I see around here so I manage to stay 'covert' with My name
Bless the troll that is interested in me.. if she is a Lady tho

she can leave the brother in peace

and instead troll me grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2017
nemesis4u:

she can leave the brother in peace
and instead troll me grin
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 11, 2017
Odunayaw:
yes you aren't, grin lemme shock you small I know your full initials, twitter handle and the city where you live.
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:47am On Oct 11, 2017
PRESS RELEASE

RE–GRAPHIC IMAGES: ISIS AMBUSHES NIGERIAN ARMY CONVOY, EXECUTES SOLDIERS

The attention of the Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE has been drawn to a news article published online by Almardanews.com (AMN), in which one Chris Tomson claimed ISIS had in an ambush against Nigerian Army convoy, executed 30 soldiers on Friday afternoon. It is very pertinent to state here, that contrary to the report, there was no such attack or ambush on any convoy of troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE by ISIS or any other adversary within or outside the theatre of operation.

The said report is not only false but another media propaganda and an attempt by Boko Haram terrorists to remain relevant and portray seeming potency. The graphic images used to support the article has been closely studied and found to lack nexus to any recent operational engagements of Operation LAFIYA DOLE. The photographs culled from "only god knows where" are not a reflection of recent operational encounters of Operation LAFIYA DOLE. The concocted story is therefore unsubstantiated and lacks credibility.

Troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE did not at any time have an encounter with ISIS terrorists, neither have they suffered from such fictitious attack as claimed. This points to the desperation of the Boko Haram terrorists group to create awe and hold the people captive psychologically.

Undoubtedly, the article and the graphic images are a bundle of unprofessionally packaged falsehood aimed at misinforming the general public by creating fear in the minds of people and building an aura of false potency around the terrorists. This can better be described as one of the last kicks of a drowning terrorists group.

Looking back at the activities of Operation LAFIYA DOLE in the just concluded week; own troops have continued to sustain devastating attacks on the Boko Haram terrorists in precursor operations in the north east. Aside neutralizing their hideouts in the fringes of the Nigerian-Nigerien border through coordinated air and artillery bombardments, own troops recently killed 2 fleeing Boko Haram terrorists in an ambush at Futchinam village in Geidam Local Government area of Yobe State.

Troops also killed 3 insurgents in another ambush in Lingir village where they recovered 5 AK-47 rifles, 5 magazines and 11 rounds of 7.62mm (special) ammunition. Own troops have dominated the theatre of operation and have denied Boko Haram terrorists freedom of action, hence the resort to the propagandist news on AMC.

Members of the public are enjoined to discountenance this mischievous publication as it lacks the least iota of truth. It is also imperative to seize this opportunity to remind Chris Tomson and Amardanews, that “publicity is the oxygen of terrorism”, therefore the need to thoroughly investigate and give a balance report is of paramount importance in the credibility of any journalist and media organization.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu
Deputy Director Public Relations
Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:54am On Oct 11, 2017
AFSF SNIPER

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:57am On Oct 11, 2017
TROOPS AMBUSH BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS NEUTRALISE 2 AND RECOVERS FOOD STUFF

The Nigerian Army Mobile Strike Teams (MSTs) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE resolve to rout the remnants of Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) has yielded yet another result with troops successfully ambushing unsuspecting terrorists at about 10:45pm on Friday, 6th October 2017 who were attempting to cross into Sambisa forest from Mayanti village in Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.

The troops sprung the ambush on the terrorists and neutralised 2 of them, while several others escaped with gunshot wounds. The troops also recovered 2 bags of maize from the ambush site.

The MSTs particularly in Bama since inauguration by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen TY Buratai, into the Theatre has been a potent deadly mobile lethal force engaging and neutralising the BHTs in several staging areas.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public through your medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Lieutenant Colonel Kingsley Samuel
Deputy Director Army Public Rations 7 Division

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:08am On Oct 11, 2017
NAF REFURBISHES FIRE TRUCKS 20 YEARS AFTER BEING DISUSED

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has made substantial progress in its efforts at refurbishing the disused fire trucks in its bases all over the country. So far, 17 out of the 24 fire trucks earmarked for refurbishment have been successfully repaired and handed over to the respective units. The latest set of 2 refurbished fire trucks was handed over to 107 Air Maritime Group Benin on 5 October 2017. It is noteworthy that most of the fire trucks being refurbished had been parked for over 20 years as 'Beyond Economic Repairs' . Furthermore, the refurbishment is being undertaken by a local firm, utilizing Nigerian engineers and mostly locally sourced materials and spares.

With the refurbishment of the fire trucks, the NAF is now able to more independently provide fire cover for aircraft operations at its bases thereby enhancing operational safety. As part of its corporate social responsibility, the NAF is also now better positioned to provide complementary services with regards to fire fighting in the host communities. The local firm, on 7 October 2017, commenced the refurbishment of another set of 2 fire trucks at 041 Communications Depot, NAF Base Shasha in Lagos.

The leadership of the NAF, being mindful of the enormous cost of procuring new fire trucks and the scarce resources in the nation, decided to explore the option of locally refurbishing the fire trucks. The foregoing decision by the NAF leadership is in tandem with one of the key drivers of the vision of the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar. That key driver is ‘Robust logistics support and maitenance culture to sustain platforms and equipment serviceability’. Below are pictures of the fire trucks before and after refurbishment as well as short video clips showing the refurbished fire trucks in operation.

DOPRI

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:10am On Oct 11, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
yes you aren't, grin lemme shock you small I know your full initials, twitter handle and the city where you live.
grin
Eh, I am starting to fear some people in this thread. The reality is in this present world you can't be fully anonymous. At least I know the full name of half of this thread members, including some Southies.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:11am On Oct 11, 2017
PHOTOS

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:15am On Oct 11, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
grin

HAHAHAHA
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:16am On Oct 11, 2017
MORE PHOTOS

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 11, 2017
bidexiii:

grin grin

HAHAHAHA
Xbee007:

Eh, I am starting to fear some people in this thread. The reality is in this present world you can't be fully anonymous. At least I know the full name of half of this thread members, including some Southies.
grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2017
it seems American isn't in a hurry to deliver aircrafts it promised to Kenya and Nigeria,considering they just delivered two super tucano's to Lebanon http://blogbaladi.com/first-video-of-the-super-tucano-flying-over-hamat/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2017
newafricaken254:
it seems American isn't in a hurry to deliver aircrafts it promised to Kenya and Nigeria,considering they just delivered two super tucano's to Lebanon http://blogbaladi.com/first-video-of-the-super-tucano-flying-over-hamat/
. I thought the US senate has put the sales on hold.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
grin
Go for it grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
bidexiii:
. I thought the US senate has put the sales on hold.
The U.S.Senate has not raised any objections to the sale.
President Trump has approved the sale
the State Department has approved the sale
the Pentagon has approved the sale.
These are the three/ four layers of Government that legally approved the sale.
It will also take a minimum of two years for these planes to built.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
LTGEN:
The U.S.Senate has not raised any objections to the sale.
President Trump has approved the sale
the State Department has approved the sale
the Pentagon has approved the sale.
These are the three/ four layers of Government that legally approved the sale.
It will also take a minimum of two years for these planes to built.
i doubt the initial let say two planes ,will need 2 years for them to be delivered.by the way this planes are actually built in Brazil and assembled in the US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43raiozoF1I
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
newafricaken254:
i doubt the initial let say two planes ,will need 2 years for them to be delivered.by the way this planes are actually built in Brazil and assembled in the US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43raiozoF1I
The planes that are going to be sold to Nigeria will be built in America by Americans not in Brazil.
The pilots will be trained in America like quite a number of Nigerian pilots.
Brazil is in no way shape of form part of this deal.
Lastly the U.S as is their history unless they are
giving the country E.D.A do not manufacture Weapons for their allies in a hurry.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
ID guys

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
IbnSultaan:
ID guys
panhard vbl

one vehicle I wish NA SF used often
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by realnas(m): 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
IbnSultaan post=6132i7420:
ID guys
that's a vbl panhard armoured scout vehicle, it is obvious from the markings on it it is one of the vehicles that was "donated" to boko haram during the darkest period of the insurgency.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by overhypedsteve(m): 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
LTGEN:

The planes that are going to be sold to Nigeria will be built in America by Americans not in Brazil.
giving the country E.D.A do not manufacture Weapons for their allies in a hurry.
allies? This is interesting grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
LTGEN:

did you watch the video,where did the wings ,Empennage and fuselage come from !?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
IbnSultaan:
ID guys

Panhard VBL scout car captured back from BHT,
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 11:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
newafricaken254:
did you watch the video,where did the wings ,Empennage and fuselage come from !?
Brazil has a license to assemble the A-29
Brazil does not manufacture the Pratt Whitney Engines
Brazil will not manufacture any of the PGMs
or the software associated with them.
MBZ are made in Germany.
Just because the U.S. assembles some in the U.S. does not mean the U.S manufactures MBZ.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 5:04am On Oct 12, 2017
LTGEN:

Brazil has a license to assemble the A-29
Brazil does not manufacture the Pratt Whitney Engines
Brazil will not manufacture any of the PGMs
or the software associated with them.
MBZ are made in Germany.
Just because the U.S. assembles some in the U.S. does not mean the U.S manufactures MBZ.
i asked you a simple question,thats does require to much brain cells.,where did the wings ,Empennage and fuselage come from !?simple

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.