Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3029120 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
More...

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 9:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
bidexiii:
More...

During the VPs visit?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
bidexiii:

No doughts that he was not in the North-east theatre during the former president regime.

He himself wrote an article on his website, crediting the success to the Nigerian Army troops. Eeben Barlow made it clear that he and his mercenaries where in Nigeria only to train the men of the 72MSF on some hardware they recently procured.

http://eebenbarlowsmilitaryandsecurityblog..com.ng/2015/05/updating-nigerian-narrative.html?m=0
My man, is this all that you can say? What about what Barlow puts forward in terms of doctrine? TTPs? Agree, disagree? Why?

Basically, does bidexiii have an opinion on anything?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
tdayof:

During the VPs visit?

Yeah.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2018
frumentius:

My man, is this all that you can say? What about what Barlow puts forward in terms of doctrine? TTPs? Agree, disagree? Why?

And what doctrine are you talking about......

You are a funny dude , don't even start what you don't know jack shit about.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
bidexiii:

And what doctrine are you talking about......

You are a funny dude , don't even start what you don't know jack suit about.

jack suit about.
OK.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 2:38am On Mar 20, 2018
Libya National Army Air Force MI-35

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 4:52am On Mar 20, 2018
Gentlemen, I believe we have now come full circle on the issue of PMCs. Circa 2014 and even earlier I was known on beegeagles blog for recommending that NA employ the services of a good PMC as military advisers/mentors.

For some reason this was the most opposed pov on that blog ever.

Colonel eeben was finally subcontracted in the waning days of GEJ's government . He stood up and advised on the equipping of the 72MSF.

Their TTPs were clearly based on that of the buffalo mrap riding SADF in Namibia .This unit to date has been the tip of the spear against BHTs
And NAs most effective unit.

But PMB d/ced eebens contract and our military went back to winging it.

NA needs embedded advisors to prosecute and win this war period.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 9:15am On Mar 20, 2018
frumentius:

Errr,sometimes the reason people don't venture an opinion is because they don't have one-which is no bad thing in itself. Just think of some of the poo we've been forced to read here by those pretending to know and forcefully inflicting their ignorance on normal people!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:36am On Mar 20, 2018
wink

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:13am On Mar 20, 2018
kikuyu1:

Errr,sometimes the reason people don't venture an opinion is because they don't have one-which is no bad thing in itself. Just think of some of the poo we've been forced to read here by those pretending to know and forcefully inflicting their ignorance on normal people!

It's a sensitive issue that till date the defense HQ and M.O.D has said little or nothing about till date. That is why someone like me will rather keep quite.

I'll rather keep quite and allow people like you rant and spit shit, displaying your level of ignorance. Even Eeben Barlow himself only gave one press release regarding these issue on behalf of STTEP company only and wrote two articles to clarify these issues.

It's not necessary, you spit ..... lipsrsealed

http://eebenbarlowsmilitaryandsecurityblog..com.ng/2015/04/feeding-narrative_25.html?m=0

http://eebenbarlowsmilitaryandsecurityblog..com.ng/2015/05/updating-nigerian-narrative.html?m=0

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2018
Eeben has his opinion but there's something I have always queried and this made me message an uncle of mine who's a major general.

The last time we talked about him, he admired the fact that Eeben gave victory and credit to the Nigerian military but eeben talks like he knows much than the military hirachy here.

Anyways... You can check his response.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
#CION

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
MNJTF Troops

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:05pm On Mar 20, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
MNJTF Troops

Beautiful mountain background and skyline.....

Location.....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:14pm On Mar 20, 2018
bidexiii:

Location.....
the mandara mountain
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
Odunayaw:
the mandara mountain
Is this Nigeria Cameroon border ? I think it’s Adamawa
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Yes the Mandara Mtns on the Nigerian side are in Adamawa State.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
tdayof:
Eeben has his opinion but there's something I have always queried and this made me message an uncle of mine who's a major general.

The last time we talked about him, he admired the fact that Eeben gave victory and credit to the Nigerian military but eeben talks like he knows much than the military hirachy here.

Anyways... You can check his response.
There is a lot in here that corroborates what a One Star has implied.
2014 was the worst year.Equipment was deliberately not procured.Communication was non existent during firefights Brave , loyal soldiers used their own cellphones and whatsapp to call in Fire.
I don't want to get political but the average Nigerian officer at the Major through Colonel level who fought and survived and kept the bulk of their troops safe need to be commended.
The election seems to of changed everything.Let me rest I want to keep this from being political.Like Eebs has said repeatedly unprompted Credit should be given to the Nigerian Soldiers.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
Senegal Air Force, never seen an EO pod mounted on the side of a hind like that before.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2018
bidexiii:

Location.....

Beautiful and dangerous
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
tdayof:

Beautiful and dangerous

grin shocked grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
LTGEN:
Yes the Mandara Mtns on the Nigerian side are in Adamawa State.
reminds me of Yemen Saudi border, but with more vegetation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

The range cuts across Yola too
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2018
tdayof:

Beautiful and dangerous
Over here in Minna there are some impressive ranges. Sadly since I have zero experience in climbing I go as high as luck & will let's me and just take in the scenery! The troubles of life seem to melt then
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 1:25am On Mar 21, 2018
Ok let me give this a go.

TTPs refer to technique, tactics and procedures.

In the hunter/killer world of counterinsurgency, this refers to the 3 Fs.

Find, Fix, some say Flank and Kill cycle.

So how is NA really performing Vis a viv these concepts.

NAF has invested in Chinese and indigenous drones to improve ISR which improves our ability to FIND. The US has donated our piloted ISR platforms we need to buy more at least 12 planes.

FIX: might refer to the precision targeting process.

Closing or flanking is NA's Achilles heel.
Our well trained/foreign trained special forces need the appropriate chariots to close in and take out the just spotted enemy.
Here, hilux trucks is not always survivable .

That's why reva mraps were used by 72 MSF to horizontally envelop the battle space. Accounting for the rough ambush and IED prone terrain.
We also need mi-17 helicopters to ferry troops vertically to their target.

Kill: neutralize with extreme prejudice .

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 1:42am On Mar 21, 2018
This keeps bbt on the back foot. You are constantly chasing and harassing them based on intel generated from surveillance assets.

This is not about clearing territory for bhts to return the next day

There must be total. Buy in of the strategy , so you don't have conventionally minded generals waisting the lives of well trained counterinsurgency troops.
By misusing them.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:44am On Mar 21, 2018
‪Col. Adegoke Adetuyi, Commandant, Operation Safe Corridor (Gombe), met with Gov. Kashim Shettima on the planned transfer of Ex-Boko Haram members to the Borno State Government having concluded de-radicalization & rehabilitation program, ready to be reintegrated back to the society.‬

What's your take on this ex-bokoharam members should they be given a second chance after the deradicalization & rehabilitation program and ready to be reintegrated back to the society. ........ shocked

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 8:53am On Mar 21, 2018
bidexiii:

It's a sensitive issue that till date the defense HQ and M.O.D has said little or nothing about till date. That is why someone like me will rather keep quite.

I'll rather keep quite and allow people like you rant and spit shit, displaying your level of ignorance. Even Eeben Barlow himself only gave one press release regarding these issue on behalf of STTEP company only and wrote two articles to clarify these issues.

It's not necessary, you spit ..... lipsrsealed

http://eebenbarlowsmilitaryandsecurityblog..com.ng/2015/04/feeding-narrative_25.html?m=0

Nigga,when was that? Why do people feel the need to do battle on this thread!? Why?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:07am On Mar 21, 2018
kikuyu1:

Nigga,when was that? Why do people feel the need to do battle on this thread!? Why?

you should have thought of that before spitting your shit..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanees: 9:07am On Mar 21, 2018
kikuyu1:

Why do people feel the need to do battle on this thread!? Why?

Because this is a battlefield thread grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:09am On Mar 21, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.