Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,388 members, 7,861,064 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (897) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3073750 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:38pm On May 07, 2019
Well spoken mate.....
Egypt has acquired a long shopping list of arms over the years, and its amped-up arsenal has elicited more questions than answers among Israeli experts. The purchases — most of which occurred under Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi — indicate an Egypt dedicated to returning to its former glory and declaring to the rest of the region that it is a force to be reckoned with.

“What Egypt has done is try to diversity its suppliers and is in effect going from being a client of American power back to being a great power on its own. It is going back to the days of [former President Gamal Abdel] Nasser [Hussein], who understood non-commitment may be a better solution. Egypt does not want to be beholden to a single supplier. And as such, the country purchased a diverse array of arms from France, China and the United States, as well as Russia.

“Taking all these delicate concerns into account, the upshot is that Israel must maintain basic capacity for mechanized warfare against modern armies. It must not assume the present situation, in which Israel had a crushing material military advantage against its enemies ... will remain the same against other possible adversaries.”
fabselad:

My brother it's one thing to have equipments but its another to know how to use it on the battle field. you also have to take into consideration the soldiers fighting or using the pieces of equipment, their officers in command of those equipments. A clear example is Soudi Arabia.The houtis in yemen are giving them hard times and they have to rely on mercenaries and on their airforce.but can't win a war in the air only, you need soldiers on the ground and we have seen what caliber soudi soldiers are made off grin grin grin grin grin. The Israeli army isn't big in question but my brother but their abilities to wage war is outstanding and they keep learning with foes like hamas and hezbollah.Taking into consideration factors such as Intel collection, Outstanding officers corps who are perfectly drilled, Force multipliers such as the airforce who are top notched in every aspect. in case of a war between Israel and Egypt, I won't say Israel would come out as a clear winner as before because it would be hard but israel would win at the end.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:52pm On May 07, 2019
QuietMynd:

In summary, with usa support israel will win while without usa support, egypt will bring her to its kneel. Israel cant fund that kind of war.

But the Americans are big fan of the Egyptians don't forget has well as the Russians.
Russians are trying to sign an agreement with the Egyptians. The Egyptians are creating a safe haven for Russian deployment in the region. The baseline for such a cooperation is already underway, with the Russians signing a deal with Egypt in November 2018 to allow Russian military jets to use its bases and airspace.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 7:57pm On May 07, 2019
QuietMynd:

In summary, with usa support israel will win while without usa support, egypt will bring her to its kneel. Israel cant fund that kind of war.
Smiles, in America the Jews have one of the highest number of billionaires not to talk of Europe. Within months their secret agency can raise any amount needed to prosecute a war with her neighbours.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:00pm On May 07, 2019
fabselad:

LOL so egypt won't recieve help it's muslim brothers such as Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and others. BIG LIE.Who provides the funds for Egypt to equip it's self like that, SAUDI ARABIA. Without them Egypt would still be flying F-16s and Mirage-2000s. Yes the US provides funds to Israel but know this with or without Us aid, Israel is still a force to reckon with. You can have sophisticated weaponry but if yoy don't have the know how to use it its as useless as not having it. Why has Egypt not been able to deal with insurgency in the Sinai with all those sophisticated weaponry? When you see the training schemes of the Egyptian military, seriously you have the impression it is a mirror image of the soviet military in the 70s.Heavy, Static, with Officers who can't take initiatives and are not flexible. The Egyptian military still functions with soviet doctorine and know that such doctrine isn't valid in this period. I on't say the Israeli Military is the best but lets be sincere, they have the best Officer corps in the region, well trained and drilled, able to adapt to the battlefield, flexibility and above all battled hardened troops..

Why is.the U.S.A and other European players as not been able to defeat terrorism in Afghan and Syria with all there hight tech weaponry and intelligence...

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by harjorlarh(m): 9:12pm On May 07, 2019
fabselad:

LOL EVEN WITH AFRICA'S help NAIJA won't win Na bro grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

we may eventually pull a surprise,people has always underestimated Nigeria though
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:15pm On May 07, 2019
Making Africa proud? sheet, until their citizens tell you they are going to Africa, as if they aren't already part of it.
My point is, Egypt's interest mostly lies with the Arab world etc, personally i don't count anything they do or achieve as being part of Africa, that's just my opinion . But yep, they are amassing some serious power
bidexiii:
Egypt has the most powerful military in the continent and the twelfth globally (out of 137 countries) with a score of "0.2283, global fire index.With more than 211 jet fighters, Egypt is the ninth world's air power.
Egypt is really making Africans proud, 12th out of 137 countries... shocked
Currently Israel ranks 16th in the (G.F.P 2019) military ratings strength? These translate that Egypt is really investing in its modern military modernization. Can Egypt defeat Israel or will it be a stalemate in the eventuality of another Yom Kippur War.... ...... grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:19pm On May 07, 2019
Hahaha, carry holy water with you in that case lol, what miracle lol, Naija will get whopped into Thursday, like really, what are we gonna fight Egypt with? RPGs and Alpha jets? some pickup trucks? man, let's not dream crazy dream lol
harjorlarh:

we may eventually pull a surprise,people has always underestimated Nigeria though

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by harjorlarh(m): 9:29pm On May 07, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Hahaha, carry holy water with you in that case lol, what miracle lol, Naija will get whopped into Thursday, like really, what are we gonna fight Egypt with? RPGs and Alpha jets? some pickup trucks? man, let's not dream crazy dream lol

I said we can pull a surprise though,how do y expect them to invade a country of over 200 million people,i know Nigeria doesn't have modern equipment now but that can change very quickly in the advent of war,the only countries that can invade Nigeria and hold our territory within their powers are the USA, Russia,china except if they wanna nuke Nigeria tho
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:41pm On May 07, 2019
same way the US invaded Iraq and her citizens kept their heads down, that is, at that point the survival of their loved ones was their top concern, 200 million or not, most Nigerians will not enlist to fight, unless forced, which is a bad idea, besides you gotta train them too.
Why would Egypt wanna hold territory? they will decimate us and leave.
now of course im not taking distance btw both countries into account here
harjorlarh:

I said we can pull a surprise though,how do y expect them to invade a country of over 200 million people,i know Nigeria doesn't have modern equipment now but that can change very quickly in the advent of war,the only countries that can invade Nigeria and hold our territory within their powers are the USA, Russia,china except if they wanna nuke Nigeria tho
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 07, 2019
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by harjorlarh(m): 10:00pm On May 07, 2019
Sizzorkay:
same way the US invaded Iraq and her citizens kept their heads down, that is, at that point the survival of their loved ones was their top concern, 200 million or not, most Nigerians will not enlist to fight, unless forced, which is a bad idea, besides you gotta train them too.

we are talking about Egypt,moreover do u think Egypt can invade Nigeria,knowing full well ECOWAS would be involved?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 07, 2019
QuietMynd:

Pls post on topic

Oh dear. How is my post of topic?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 07, 2019
QuietMynd:

Pls post on topic

Oh dear. How is my post off topic?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 07, 2019
harjorlarh:

how do y expect them to invade a country of over 200 million people

As a student of Chanakya I have this itch to play the devil's advocate grin

But I will pass the opportunity grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 07, 2019
harjorlarh:

we are talking about Egypt,moreover do u think Egypt can invade Nigeria,knowing full well ECOWAS would be involved?
exactly,for them to invade Nigeria, they have to violate some airspace of some west African countries which indirectly will be allies to us in the said time... That's a whole lot of mountain to climb you know

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:36pm On May 07, 2019
lol, please speak your mind, this i wanna hear lol.
Unless every Nigerian have to enlist in the military at a certain age, i think like they do in Israel and South Korea etc, our huge population isn't that much of an advantage lol, unless you want to tie ropes around our necks and force us to fight, most Nigerians will bolt, just saying
nemesis8u:

As a student of Chanakya I have this itch to play the devil's advocate grin

But I will pass the opportunity grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:39pm On May 07, 2019
I know what we were talking about, i used the US as an example.
How come you never ask why after all these years, US forces and her allies are still in active combat in Afghanistan? I mean, they have able bodied Afghans there, why aren't they rushing over to enlist and fight for their own freaking country, I mean, after 10yrs, enough should have been trained to do just that.
When war starts, people want to go into hiding, make sure their family stays together, not stick their heads out and head to battle, most people won't.
What about Somalia, the list goes on and on.
harjorlarh:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 12:06am On May 08, 2019
CaptainStephen:
Coast already serves as a natural defence, large ungoverned borders are our achilles heel.

Bless you bruh... Most Nigerians and their abnormal ways of thinking...

Invading(air strikes) Nigeria through the south, precisely rivers calabar delta is near impossible,except such invaders have an aircraft carrial where they can refuel,cut distances etc... Even at that,the navy would have responded so it's near impossible. I dont see any one asking why all almost all the naval bases are in the south.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 12:18am On May 08, 2019
Sizzorkay:

Says whom? Bobo you have no idea how quickly table will turn... Invading a country with 200 million people with how many troops? 300k troops? Mitcheew neither of the both countries can invade each other,ahbi you want may i write scenario give you ni?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 4:02am On May 08, 2019
Nicheey:

Says whom? Bobo you have no idea how quickly table will turn... Invading a country with 200 million people with how many troops? 300k troops? Mitcheew neither of the both countries can invade each other,[/b]ahbi you want may i write scenario give you ni?[b]
Pls oo spare the us long reading... U write it scenario they write theirs to make rubbish of urs... Then it goes on ad ifinitum
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:49am On May 08, 2019
#Libya- #LNA claim to have shot down the last #GNA Mirage F-1 out of Misrata over al-Hirah, south of #Tripoli, post photos of the captured pilot (said to be from #Portugal) .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:58am On May 08, 2019
bidexiii:
#Libya- #LNA claim to have shot down the last #GNA Mirage F-1 out of Misrata over al-Hirah, south of #Tripoli, post photos of the captured pilot (said to be from #Portugal) .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:00am On May 08, 2019
Ramadan offensive & campaign by Jihadi groups should expected in Indonesia, Philippines, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Mali, Pakistan & Yemen.
There will be a large increase of attacks during this month, especially on the heels of #ISIS leader al-Baghdadi video message........ shocked

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:14am On May 08, 2019
BREAKING: Maiduguri Currently Under Boko Haram Attack ....

Gunmen believed to be Boko Haram members Tuesday evening staged an attack on a convoy of travellers near Molai, a village at the outskirts of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

The convoy of travellers was guarded by soldiers, but this did not deter the insurgents.

The gunmen reportedly travelled from Damboa to the outskirts of Maiduguri before they began the attack near Molai village.

Molai is a community known for such frequent attacks.

Residents of the community said the attack started at about 6.30 p.m. when Muslims were about to break their fast. .....

More details later.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:16am On May 08, 2019
harjorlarh:

Trust me.they would fold there hands and be watching..... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:16am On May 08, 2019
#EN

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by harjorlarh(m): 8:05am On May 08, 2019
bidexiii:

Trust me.they would fold there hands and be watching..... grin

very true,i know for a fact a country like ghana or a Cameroon would like see Nigeria fall,but they Wil be shooting themselves in the leg if they ignore an do nothing imagine if Nigeria is invaded and 20 million Nigeria enters ghana or 15 million enters Niger or 3 million enters Togo,moreover if Nigeria falls,west Africa would be destabilized

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by harjorlarh(m): 8:12am On May 08, 2019
Sizzorkay:
I know what we were talking about, i used the US as an example.
How come you never ask why after all these years, US forces and her allies are still in active combat in Afghanistan? I mean, they have able bodied Afghans there, why aren't they rushing over to enlist and fight for their own freaking country, I mean, after 10yrs, enough should have been trained to do just that.
When war starts, people want to go into hiding, make sure their family stays together, not stick their heads out and head to battle, most people won't.
What about Somalia, the list goes on and on.

conventional warfare is very much different from war in terrorism
they have very different ideology,just go to Twitter,nigerians insult themselves daily but the moment a foreigner steps into the feud everyone takes the foreigner,in a country of 200 million there's no way at least 20 million won't be ready to defend it's integrity

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:51am On May 08, 2019
harjorlarh:

very true,i know for a fact a country like ghana or a Cameroon would like see Nigeria fall,but they Wil be shooting themselves in the leg if they ignore an do nothing imagine if Nigeria is invaded and 20 million Nigeria enters ghana or 15 million enters Niger or 3 million enters Togo,moreover if Nigeria falls,west Africa would be destabilized

shocked grin grin grin
Nigeria is a big brother to them: imagine if your big brother you look up to for protection is being whooped. You'll have no choice than to fold your arms and watch.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 9:15am On May 08, 2019
Ghana would work secretly in favour of Egypt. That brotherliness shtick is nearly exclusive on Nigeria path.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:29am On May 08, 2019
Litmus:
Ghana would work secretly in favour of Egypt. That brotherliness shtick is nearly exclusive on Nigeria path.
seconded

We dey beef with most of our African countries we call brothers..

Ghana,south Africa, Kenya, etc.. each always claiming the bragging Rights..how we go take unite in times of war?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 11:09am On May 08, 2019
harjorlarh:

conventional warfare is very much different from war in terrorism
they have very different ideology,just go to Twitter,nigerians insult themselves daily but the moment a foreigner steps into the feud everyone takes the foreigner,in a country of 200 million there's no way at least 20 million won't be ready to defend it's integrity
That's the reality, we all have a common enemy

(1) (2) (3) ... (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.