Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,303 members, 7,853,406 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:00 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (946) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3066901 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2019
blacKDalia:

You wey I see for Baga on cjtf uniform with one big cutlass. Mtcheeew, park well abeg.
grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
HAPPENING NOW

The Special Guest of Honour and the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Abayomi Gabriel Olonishakin arrives Nigerian Army Ordinance Corps Headquarters, Abati Barracks ,Lagos for the opening ceremony of the Combat Support Arms Training Week (NADCEL/COSAT 2019. He is being accompanied by the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General TY Buratai.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2019
bidexiii:

Even if my assumptions where wrong that's not how to open your mouth and react? It as nothing to do with my dues alright.
These quys are SBSC if you av been in Abuja before. These is not the first time have seeing them. Look closely the logo is not AFSF, some of the guys in AFSF camouflage are SBSC guys that trained in North East Europe. Luckily enough @henry posted pictures on his thread that justified my assumptions.

They are SBS ooo............even came in one of the Hilux they use for area patrol within city centre.

I live in Abuja and have seen them severally

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2019
A PEEP INTO OUR HISTORY

NIGERIAN ARMY 1ST REGIMENTAL SERGEANT MAJOR.....

Major Bulama Biu (1934-1998 ) The First Academy Regimental Sergeant Major

Maj Bulama Biu was born on the 15 March 1934 at Biu, now Borno State. After his formal Elementary School education, he went through the middle school education.

His military career began on the 5 February, 1952 when he was enlisted into the army. He was trained in Kaduna and served in the Royal West African Frontier Force (RWAFF).

When Queen Elizabeth II visited Nigeria, she promoted him to the rank of Corporal because he was the best dressed young soldier at the parade.

Bulama was a corporal at 44 Battalion Kaduna during the battalion field exercise (range, infiltration and intuition). He became the overall best soldier of the exercise. This had earned him a promotion to the rank of Sergeant.

His successful mission to Congo to rescue a British officer earned him a promotion to the rank of Staff Sergeant.

His hard work and dedication to duties were so obvious that he was appointed, in 1964 as the first Regimental Sergeant Major (RSM) of the Nigerian Defence Academy.

He trained Regular Courses 1 to 21 Cadet Officers of distinguished character.

For his hard work and dedication to duty at the Academy, he was commissioned to the rank of Captain and posted to Depot Nigeria Army Training School Zaria in 1977. He became the Officer-in-Charge of the Nigerian Drill School.

In recognition of his loyalty and dedicated service to the nation, Captain Bulama Biu was honoured with the national award of Member of the Order of Niger (MON) in 1982 by then Nigerian president Alhaji Shehu Shagari.

He was promoted to the rank of Major and posted to current Nigerian Army School of Infantry (NASI) Jaji as Commanding Officer-in-charge of Drill.

He earned many Military Decorations/Awards amongst which are Nigerian Independence Medal, Congo Medal, Civil War Medal, Long Service and Good Conduct by Queen Elizabeth II and Member of the Order of Niger (MON)

Maj Biu retired from the army in 1987 at the rank of Major after Serving for thirty-eight (38) years.

His last deployment was Nigeria Army School of Infantry Jaji were he was the Commanding Officer (Chief instructor) Drill Wing.

He passed away at Maiduguri Teaching Hospital on 16 March 1998 after a protracted illness.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2019
It's been a while since I last saw our T72 tanks in the battle front.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:07pm On Jul 01, 2019
https://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-protesters-demand-end-anti-boko-haram-militia-174543018.html

Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) - More than 2,000 people protested Sunday in the northern Nigerian city of Maiduguri, calling for a ban on the anti-Boko Haram CJTF militia they accuse of abuses after the killing of a rickshaw driver.

The protesters blocked major roads in the Suleimanti area of the city and set fires, causing chaos despite pleas from police and military officers, an AFP reporter at the scene saw.

"We want the CJTF to be banned from the city because of the abuses we suffer in their hands," said Suleimanti resident Bukar Saleh.

"They have become a law unto themselves and are treating us badly. And now they have started killing us," Saleh said.

The CJTF militia tried to stop the demonstration, attacking protesters with batons and arresting scores of them.

The protest erupted hours after a rickshaw driver was shot dead near a militia checkpoint.

"The victim was a known resident and his name was Modu but the CJTF just shot him for no reason," Saleh said.

The CJTF insisted however that the victim was shot for failing to stop at a checkpoint during nighttime curfew hours.

The militia have intensified night patrols in the area in recent days following incursions by the jihadists, he said.

"The driver's refusal to stop raised the suspicion of our men and one of them took him down, because they believed he was a Boko Haram terrorist on a mission," Babakura Abba-Ali, the CJTF head in Suleimanti area, said.

The militia man was handed over to the police for investigation, Abba-Ali added.

The CJTF emerged in 2013 as a vigilante group in response to Boko Haram's deadly attacks in Maiduguri.

Young men and women mobilised and started going door-to-door hacking to death known Boko Haram members and forcing the jihadists to flee the city.

The vigilantes were later organised into a militia force and embedded with the military to fight the jihadist group.

Late Saturday, Boko Haram jihadists killed four people and looted food supplies when they raided Gamurari village, some 90 kilometres (60 miles) from Maiduguri, militia and residents said.

The decade-long Boko Haram conflict has killed at least 27,000 people and forced some two million to flee their homes in Nigeria alone.

The violence has spilled into neighbouring Niger, Chad and Cameroon, prompting a regional military response to fight the jihadist group
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2019
Sad, but dude should have stopped at the checkpoint if what I read is true. This is where confusion happens, no reason why CJTF should operate anywhere without military or police personnel present, they aren't Govt officials and should have zero power over civilians.
All these could have been a simple confusion, perhaps dead guy took them for BHT, and they took him for same, oh well
Sizzorkay:
https://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-protesters-demand-end-anti-boko-haram-militia-174543018.html

Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) - More than 2,000 people protested Sunday in the northern Nigerian city of Maiduguri, calling for a ban on the anti-Boko Haram CJTF militia they accuse of abuses after the killing of a rickshaw driver.

The violence has spilled into neighbouring Niger, Chad and Cameroon, prompting a regional military response to fight the jihadist group
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2019
bidexiii:
This is to inform personnel of the Nigerian Army and members of the public that Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) will show/broadcast a 30 minutes documentary on the first ever indigenous Army Vehicle Manufacturing Company in Africa - the Nigerian Army Vehicle Manufacturing Company by 2030 hrs (8:30) pm today Sunday 30 June 2019.
Please tune to the station by the time stated above

Did anybody watched these documentary
Since the Nigeria army now produce vehicles , how many will the federal government buy from them? Why are we not producing the irigiri in large quantities? In fact there is no news about the irigiri anywhere again.

I'm not sure I got the spelling right.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2019
BabaOwen:
Since the Nigeria army now produce vehicles , how many will the federal government buy from them? Why are we not producing the irigiri in large quantities? In fact there is no news about the irigiri anywhere again.

Igirigi didn't perform up to per, so its production was cancelled
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 2:00am On Jul 02, 2019
emmaodet:

Mr jpphilips, i read you comment about desertification been a natural disaster and because of that the government approach is good.
I will like to discuss about that, am not an expert in that field but you know govt investing in personal business is very wrong.
Flood in the south is a natural disaster also but the government is not taking 2 local govt area from each state to relocate them.
This action is going to have a crisis ridden future and it's not good the way buhari is handling this situation.
Cheers

You just mentioned desertification on one hand, on the other, you mentioned private buisness. grin grin
Whose private buisness is desertification and whose private buisness is flooding?

2018 flood victims got $18m while another N24.7b has been approved for them alongside security this year, is that money not enough to buy a village? however, the victims of desertification should buy land as if they begged you for one or you think you have more land than them?
I don't get your point. You don't say something is wrong or right because some lunatics and Semi terrorists like Reno Omokri aka beaf made noise about it on social media.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 6:16am On Jul 02, 2019
jpphilips:

You just mentioned desertification on one hand, on the other, you mentioned private buisness. grin grin
Whose private buisness is desertification and whose private buisness is flooding?

2018 flood victims got $18m while another N24.7b has been approved for them alongside security this year, is that money not enough to buy a village? however, the victims of desertification should buy land as if they begged you for one or you think you have more land than them?
I don't get your point. You don't say something is wrong or right because some lunatics and Semi terrorists like Reno Omokri aka beaf made noise about it on social media.

You must be joking Sir!
Are you insinuating Reno Omokri was behind the monicker "beaf"?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:00am On Jul 02, 2019
BabaOwen:

I don't think so... smiley
You see the NA vehicle manufacturing plant was an idea born out of the inadequacy/insufficient needs of basic equipment like the uparmored vehicle, ATV and production line for armored vehicle such as MRAP and it's servicing & repair. Simply because of the military tight's budget.
In plain words I don't think the federal government would be buying such products from the NA manufacturing plant, there other more important pressing needs like more MBTs, IFVs both tracked and wheeled types etc.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:12am On Jul 02, 2019
bidexiii:

I don't think so... smiley
You see the NA vehicle manufacturing plant was an idea born out of the inadequacy/insufficient needs of basic equipment like the uparmored vehicle, ATV and production line for armored vehicle such as MRAP and it's servicing & repair. Simply because of the military tight's budget.
In plain words I don't think the federal government would be buying such products from the NA manufacturing plant, there other more important pressing needs like more MBTs, IFVs both tracked and wheeled types etc.
sir u are right it was probably due to the tight budget and lack of some combat equipment.....I wonder who will be the first to place an order for vehicles once it's unveiled perhaps Cameroon,Niger, Chad,Benin,serria Leone....who knows
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2019
Tochex101:

You must be joking Sir!
Are you insinuating Reno Omokri was behind the monicker "beaf"?

You never knew?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:44am On Jul 02, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

Igirigi didn't perform up to per, so its production was cancelled

It wasn't cancelled, the programme was not managed properly: ie: only few was produced as prototype, was there an ambition to go into full production, CAPITAL NO !
Not only the Igirigi APC that is out of service because made available engine spare parts and servicing/production line. What about the. SPARTAN MKIII APC, The Kraz trucks purchased from Ukraine we don't see them again? Why engine spare parts.
I dont know if you watched one of the documentaries released by the NA of recent; one of the engineers during the vehicles plant presentation made mention of 600 vehicles in APC/MRAP are grounded simply because there engines are not readily available in the market, manufacturers have stopped producing them etc
One of the major function of NAVMC is to retrofit these over 600 vehicles that are lying fallow because of end user certificate of engine part and transmission system.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:51am On Jul 02, 2019
NIS

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:55am On Jul 02, 2019
bidexiii:

It wasn't cancelled, the programme was not managed properly: ie: only few was produced as prototype, was there an ambition to go into full production, CAPITAL NO !
Not only the Igirigi APC that is out of service because made available engine spare parts and servicing/production line. What about the. SPARTAN MKIII APC, The Kraz trucks purchased from Ukraine we don't see them again? Why engine spare parts.
I dont know if you watched one of the documentaries released by the NA of recent; one of the engineers during the vehicles plant presentation made mention of 600 vehicles in APC/MRAP are grounded simply because there engines are not readily available in the market, manufacturers have stopped producing them etc
One of the major function of NAVMC is to retrofit these over 600 vehicles that are lying fallow because of end user certificate of engine part and transmission system.
do u have d Documentary link....pls post it we have been waiting for someone to post it....pls
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:49am On Jul 02, 2019
Toju200:
do u have d Documentary link....pls post it we have been waiting for someone to post it....pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-D0YZ00EHE

Watch from 11:44
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:52am On Jul 02, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:54am On Jul 02, 2019
Nigerian Army Documentary on AIT:

This is to inform personnel of the Nigerian Army and members of the public that African Independent Television(AIT) will show/broadcast a 30 minutes documentary on the first ever indigenous Army Vehicle Manufacturing Company in Africa - the Nigerian Army Vehicle Manufacturing Company by 1730 hrs (5:30) pm to 1800 hrs (6 pm) on Wednesday 3 July 2019.
Please tune to the station by the time stated above.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 11:04am On Jul 02, 2019
BabaOwen:

You got the spelling right but you forgot to add another "jiggy" at the end to make it "irigíríjiggy" grin . Don't worry we understand you.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
blacKDalia:

You got the spelling right but you forgot to add another "jiggy" at the end to make it "irigíríjiggy" grin . Don't worry we understand you.
sad
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
bidexiii:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-D0YZ00EHE

Watch from 11:44
I have watched this one I mean the current documentary Nigeria army released about the vehicle company
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr0drC4iaBs

I hope BHT are the ones driving that tank

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
Fynline:

I just saw the video, why do you say this?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Toju200:
I have watched this one I mean the current documentary Nigeria army released about the vehicle company

Not yet out....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2019
Fynline:

Nope...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2019
[quote author=jpphilips post=79861808]

You never knew?[/quote
Lol...... I confess I was unaware.....that guy na trouble maker sha... cheesy]
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2019
Fynline:

No.
Close to the end of the video you can see two APCs going to the same direction as the tank.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jarell: 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
Fynline:

L

Nice one Judgment battalion grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Fynline:

it's glad to know this time around..they got enough bullets to spare..
Gone are the days of running out of armour

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.