Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,511 members, 7,854,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:05 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (944) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3067830 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2019
bidexiii:

I wanted to comment the video that it's off topic but I remembered watching part of the video on twitter showing Navy guys probably SBSC.
I Can't believe there using military guys for a peacefull protest, what's our police & MOPOL doing, nothing you no go see for this naija.
We have chronically sick leaders!

Two equally sickening things;
1) The rush to use the Military for everything
2) Using SBS (unconfirmed) for such insanity!

Na who do us this tin na

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
Odunayaw:
We have chronically sick leaders!

Two equally sickening things;
1) The rush to use the Military for everything
2) Using SBS (unconfirmed) for such insanity!

Na who do us this tin na

Possibility of a senior naval officer being a member while his security try to get involved

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2019
allexpensive:

Possibility of a senior naval officer being a member while his security try to get involved
misconceptions can go a long way in creating confusion and changing ones mindsets..

Good u re around to clear some air on some certain ishs.
We really missed u wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2019
The video showed some members of the terrorist group jubilating in one of the ships belonging to the Nigerian Navy in Lake Chad.

They shot into the air as a sign of victory, chanting "Allah Akbar" (God is the greatest).

Four of the naval officers captured alive were made to introduce themselves while being recorded before they were eventually executed by the terrorist group.

Three of the naval officers introduced themselves as Ebirek Adewale with official number X12907, Muhammed Muhammed, and Aliyu Adamu, an excavator operator.

The fourth naval officers in the video released by the terrorist group said, “I was drafted from naval Air Wing, Port Harcourt, under the command of Nigerian Navy Ship Pathfinder to Naval Base, Lake Chad, Baga, Borno State.

“Our base was attacked on the 26th to 27th. We are on our way to escape. I was captured by the Army Kalaifa (sic) and now we are under their detention as prisoners of war.”

The insurgent group in the new video documentary released footage of the victories it has recorded in a series of attacks against the Nigerian military.

The video showed different gun battles between the insurgent group and the military with the Boko Haram group having the upper hand.

The Boko Haram sects also showed some armoured personnel carrier, guns and other battle arms taken from the military.

Another part of the video showed the insurgent group setting ablaze a Nigerian flag and that of the Nigerian Army in a camp of the Brigade Multinational Joint Task Force, Baga, Borno State.

The insurgent group also showed its members overrunning the base, killing all military personnel around and taking over all cars and arsenal belonging to the Nigerian Army.

The Nigerian government has on different occasions claimed victory against the terrorist group saying the terrorist group had been confined to the outskirt of Borno.

This claim is, however, contradictory to the daily killings by the insurgent group in different parts of Borno with the latest being the overrunning of a military base in Yobe State.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/29/boko-haram-takes-over-nigerian-navy-base-lake-chad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2019
allexpensive:

those are not sbs, those are armed forces special forces, maybe a navy component or mixed forces
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 30, 2019
Buhari will always talk about how he is busy fighting corruption, but for more than 4 years he has been ruling, he can't scrap this useless security vote.

Please who can tell me the usefulness of this security vote undecided

We're not ready yet to defeat boko haram. Buhari kept on contesting and contesting to become the president of Nigeria, now that he is there, he has performed woefully in terms of securing the life's and properties of Nigeria.

Is boko haram been funded by Nigerians or foreigners, if this ragtag group are been funded by Nigerians, what's the secret service doing about it all this while This country just tire person. The day DSS arrested Yahoo boys and paraded them was the day I gave up on them.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

those are not sbs, those are armed forces special forces, maybe a navy component or mixed forces

Look at the face cap.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

Those guys are SBSC.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

Made my comment with the picture displayed without watching the video. The network here is poor.

The badge on the face cap looks SBS still. The wings.

Soldiers are armed with Tavor so there's possibility of being navy boys. SBS operate as a stand alone unit. Navy boys with AFSF make use of Beryl.

Soldiers using Tavor in Lagos or Abuja (wherever that is) shows that's their standard issue.

Again, with that kit, there's possibility of them being attached to a senior naval officer or top brass at dhq who worship there.

A clearer picture is needed to conclude if it is AFSF or the navy SBS.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2019
allexpensive:

Look at the face cap.

that's AFSF logo not sbs or jmstf
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 6:49pm On Jun 30, 2019
bidexiii:

Those guys are SBSC.

i thought you paid dues in the north east, how come you dont know only AFSF wear that camouflage, and their logo?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:02pm On Jun 30, 2019
allexpensive:

Isn't it ludicrous SBS(looks like it) are even *security*
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

AFSF sword comes from down. SBS from the top. The video is not clear enough to deduce.

200% SBS boys kit exactly like that so not just AFSF. These are guys we have had engagement together.

If you can upload a clear snapshot of the seal from the video then we can conclude.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
The haters never give up I see grin trying to rehash stale news.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2019
rka2:
The haters never give up I see grin trying to rehash stale news.
Don't know you as someone who complains a lot.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

i thought you paid dues in the north east, how come you dont know only AFSF wear that camouflage, and their logo?

Even if my assumptions where wrong that's not how to open your mouth and react? It as nothing to do with my dues alright.
These quys are SBSC if you av been in Abuja before. These is not the first time have seeing them. Look closely the logo is not AFSF, some of the guys in AFSF camouflage are SBSC guys that trained in North East Europe. Luckily enough @henry posted pictures on his thread that justified my assumptions.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2019
Henry240:

Don't know you as someone who complains a lot.

I don't. I am just astonished at the lengths people will go to......
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SerikinGamo: 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

SBS 100%. These same guys might be deployed as AFSF in a different case, but in this, they are SBS
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 9:22pm On Jun 30, 2019
BabaOwen:
The video showed some members of the terrorist group jubilating in one of the ships belonging to the Nigerian Navy in Lake Chad.

They shot into the air as a sign of victory, chanting "Allah Akbar" (God is the greatest).

Four of the naval officers captured alive were made to introduce themselves while being recorded before they were eventually executed by the terrorist group.

Three of the naval officers introduced themselves as Ebirek Adewale with official number X12907, Muhammed Muhammed, and Aliyu Adamu, an excavator operator.

The fourth naval officers in the video released by the terrorist group said, “I was drafted from naval Air Wing, Port Harcourt, under the command of Nigerian Navy Ship Pathfinder to Naval Base, Lake Chad, Baga, Borno State.

“Our base was attacked on the 26th to 27th. We are on our way to escape. I was captured by the Army Kalaifa (sic) and now we are under their detention as prisoners of war.”

The insurgent group in the new video documentary released footage of the victories it has recorded in a series of attacks against the Nigerian military.

The video showed different gun battles between the insurgent group and the military with the Boko Haram group having the upper hand.

The Boko Haram sects also showed some armoured personnel carrier, guns and other battle arms taken from the military.

Another part of the video showed the insurgent group setting ablaze a Nigerian flag and that of the Nigerian Army in a camp of the Brigade Multinational Joint Task Force, Baga, Borno State.

The insurgent group also showed its members overrunning the base, killing all military personnel around and taking over all cars and arsenal belonging to the Nigerian Army.

The Nigerian government has on different occasions claimed victory against the terrorist group saying the terrorist group had been confined to the outskirt of Borno.

This claim is, however, contradictory to the daily killings by the insurgent group in different parts of Borno with the latest being the overrunning of a military base in Yobe State.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/29/boko-haram-takes-over-nigerian-navy-base-lake-chad

I won't take Sahara reporters seriously in this situation if I were you.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2019
bidexiii:

Even if my assumptions where wrong that's not how to open your mouth and react? It as nothing to do with my dues alright.
These quys are SBSC if you av been in Abuja before. These is not the first time have seeing them. Look closely the logo is not AFSF, some of the guys in AFSF camouflage are SBSC guys that trained in North East Europe. Luckily enough @henry posted pictures on his thread that justified my assumptions.

oh!! boy stop zapping at me, that's not sbs....I'm a navy type and trained above regular army infantry, i know what im saying, so throw pride and emotions away, that isnt SBS....i know my people!!!, that's not sbs logo, thats AFSF my friend take dressing and even at least use Google, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2019
bidexiii:

you guys will just see different camouflage and tavor and start shouting sbs, that isnt sbs!!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
allexpensive:

AFSF sword comes from down. SBS from the top. The video is not clear enough to deduce.

200% SBS boys kit exactly like that so not just AFSF. These are guys we have had engagement together.

If you can upload a clear snapshot of the seal from the video then we can conclude.

if you see the kits of normal teams on board the major navy vessels and operational bases, you will call them navy seals, even with go-cams on their helmets
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

oh!! boy stop zapping at me, that's not sbs....I'm a navy type and trained above regular army infantry, i know what im saying, so throw pride and emotions away, that isnt SBS....i know my people!!!, that's not sbs logo, thats AFSF my friend take dressing and even at least use Google, that's all.

grin grin grin
Truly you're a naval personnel ..... and you can't I'D if this guys are SBSC or not.
It's certainly that guys In the pictures are Naval guys, and from the picture you can easily tell that some are SBSC and still AFSF guys and some are just SBSC.
Show this pictures to some of your naval guys they would easily I.D them.... and nobody is zapping you learn how to argue constructively without spitting shit.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rusher14: 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2019
jpphilips:

I won't take Sahara reporters seriously in this situation if I were you.

I see the video has been yanked but what's your tale on the issue?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

INSURGENCY: ANOTHER MISCHIEVOUS PROPAGANDA VIDEO FROM ISWAP

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has been alerted to another mischievous video footage being circulated online by the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP), insinuating the capture of a naval Base in North East Nigeria.

In its usual mannerism, after suffering major defeats in encounters with Counter Terrorism and Counter Insurgency troops , the terrorists group has cloned another video, in an unwitting attempt to disseminate and propagate false information in order to gain accolades and present a public image of a virile force.

It is crucial to recall that the terrorists group had earlier circulated a similar video, following an encounter with troops in Baga area of the Lake Chad region, where they claimed to have taken over the Naval Base, Lake Chad.

Apparently, this video, shows ISWAP occupation of a disused boat yard, which is still being mischievously circulated, after careful doctoring, to portray a phantom capture of Naval Base, Baga, as if it were a recent victory in its insurgency campaign. The video footage is undoubtedly an unclever and amateurish attempt to save face, having suffered enormous losses in several encounters with troops in the last 7 months. It is also another failed ISWAP propaganda effort to project itself as a potent force with maritime capabilities.

It is worthwhile to recall here, that both ISWAP and BHT have severally suffered defeat during fierce offensive operations and Air interdictions conducted by troops of the Multi National Joint Taskforce (MNJTF) and Operation Lafiya Dole in Doron Naira, Ngouma in Cameroun, Arege, Malkonory and Tumbun Rego, where several insurgents were neutralised, including an ISWAP Commander. The insurgents were equally, recently defeated in the battles of Goniri, Nbaga and Gero by the gallant troops of Operation Lafiya Dole. Suffice to mention that huge cache of arms, ammunition and other weapon systems were recovered from the insurgents during the offensive operations.

Members of the public are therefore, please urged not fall for the propaganda antics of ISWAP and Boko Haram terrorists and to discountenance the false video.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Colonel
Acting Director Defence Information
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2019
This is to inform personnel of the Nigerian Army and members of the public that Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) will show/broadcast a 30 minutes documentary on the first ever indigenous Army Vehicle Manufacturing Company in Africa - the Nigerian Army Vehicle Manufacturing Company by 2030 hrs (8:30) pm today Sunday 30 June 2019.
Please tune to the station by the time stated above

Did anybody watched these documentary
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
I did. Poor presentation
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
Fynline:
I did. Poor presentation
What was shown?

Poor in which areas?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2019
New delivery

ĹAF Mi-24

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2019
[left][/left]
Odunayaw:
These ones?

During the week, NA/MNJTF striking blows.. likes .

Weekend, propaganda of an attack 6months+ old comes up... we are losing oo...denial o

First world war?!... SaharaReporters and fantasy tho

When the Baga shit happened, it was all over twitter. Heck even Naval boys that withdrew from there made mention(on Twitter) of realities, fantasies and way forward. I don't get this "amazement" by ugo4u

Aaaah aaaah
No way, let me do the needful

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 11:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
Me too I'm AFSF, since everybody is now claiming. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 2:48am On Jul 01, 2019
blacKDalia:
Me too I'm AFSF, since everybody is now claiming. cheesy
See u common AFSF... Me toh am DSS special forces ( if there is anything like dat) ]

(1) (2) (3) ... (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) (946) (947) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.