Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,981 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun - Politics (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (108812 Views)

The Mayor Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Ibos On Planned Biafra Protest In Lagos / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by 0coded80: 10:38am On Apr 06, 2015
OsunOriginal:
The king has spoken.

Igbos have been warned... If they insist on voting against Yoruba candidate (Ambode), they should be ready to face the consequence or move back to their villages. It is that simple.
mumu, the oba is not a absolute monarchy, he is a constitutional monarchy, he can be made to face the law if he try any non-sense

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by SirShymexx: 10:39am On Apr 06, 2015
KingTom:

It is akin to the proverb of a foolish man whose house was on fire, Yet he went about looking for how to quench the fires in the houses of other men. grin

Lol. The story of Igbos - comic relief. grin

You can't even get along within ya own larger group - yet you go everywhere running ya mouths while causing unnecessary attention and hatred. These folks just never learn.

When it kicks off now, I'm sure none of them will wait to fight. I still don't know they can win a war in Lagos, that's surrounded by Yoruba states, to be honest. That's Stalingrad right there. Just too many layers to break through. grin

Delusional, I must say.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by KingTom(m): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2015
xynerise:

I no fire anybody o. I just dey correct some misyarn grin. They keep saying trash. Just like Abuja, Lagos was the capital of Nigeria and now a commercial city and you still ask why the Igbos are there? Being industrious is for the benefit of the entire nation. An average Igbo man is not a bigot. We want the growth of Nigeria, so you guys should just chill. We have little focus in politics but don't take advantage of our undetermined ambition.
Ok, you see how I calmed you down and made you reason like a human being, it's not about fighting, Igbos have a right to vote their choice yes, but the Lagosians some igbos included are hungry for the state to have a taste of being a non opposition state, why can't you guys understand that, what if, say Agbaje wins and DJ. Koro, uncle Omo ale Bode George and even Mama piss decide to make Lagos their treasury? Unlike Ambode who yes Tinubu may still wield influence on, but the frog will make sure Lagos gets proper allocations. Chai Nwa nkapi I dey find fight o, e don tey wey I play bigot politics grin grin grin
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 06, 2015
We will prove to that Oba that truly he is bastard cos come April 11, all Igbos in Lagos will vote for Agbaje and after seven days the Oba of Lagos will eventually die..

6 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by emiye(m): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Anytime, Lagos is called no mans land by the ibos, it is a direct slap on the face of the Oba of Lagos, i wont be surprised if he said these.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by nduchucks: 10:40am On Apr 06, 2015
JUHABACH:

>says igbo leaders should coporate with the oba.
> claims he doesnt mean they should vote against their conscience.

dude,you cant have it both ways. coporating with the oba at this stage would be synonymous to giving in to his threat.

Go back and read my post carefully and if you still do not comprehend what you read, I'm sorry I will not be able to help you. Cheers.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by dumodust(m): 10:40am On Apr 06, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

You talk about common sense as if it is common. Our brothers from across the Niger have never shown they have it! If APC loses lagos because of their actions or inactions,it will be too hot for them to live in lagos again. Believe it or not,that threat is real.
guy, all you can do is talk online.... blah blah blah...saturday is near, dont vent too much
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Rickbee1: 10:40am On Apr 06, 2015
I still wonder at d kind of leaders the yorubas have, how can u call urself a leadr n yet speak lik a tout. Seriously dis man needs help if he actually said those things or is he high on some weed?
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 06, 2015
If really he said so, he is then an I .D. IOT, insane. F. U. C . K him
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by JUHABACH: 10:42am On Apr 06, 2015
nduchucks:

Go back and read my post carefully and if you still do not comprehend what you read, I'm sorry I will not be able to help you. Cheers.

i have read your post and honestly, i was quite dumb.
thats just my opinion though.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Kassidy90(m): 10:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Well! well! well! Your highness am a supporter of APC but u fumble sir, this is democracy and every man has a civic right of voting whoever they want into power, yeah we all know that igbos are trying to sabotage Lagos state s effort not to be in opposition come may 29 but there are better ways to let them see reason but not by threatening them....Vote wisely .....Say no to Violence

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by PentiumPro(f): 10:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Ibos always looking to self destruct. They are programmed to destroy everything they've laboured for with their own hands.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by MrMandilas: 10:43am On Apr 06, 2015
KingTom:

The Oba should call your own Kings? My friend let hate not cloud your reasoning!
Bro, even my father cannot tell me who to vote. Are we still in democracy? No wonder people are still in chains in his palace. I am voting Jimi Agbaje!

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by SirShymexx: 10:44am On Apr 06, 2015
todayboy:
in summary you in support of a reckless statement from an oba?

Why do you care if I support him, or not?

I believe freedom of speech is allowed in Nigeria, and the man was speaking from the throne of his ancestors, as the custodian of his ancestral land/culture. No matter what you and I think, he's entitled to his opinion as the son of the soil, regardless of his approach.

What most of you forget is that: no part of Yorubaland was ceded to either Nigeria, or the Brits in all the documents signed. And the Oba understands that.

My opinion on his statement is irrelevant here.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by OsunOriginal: 10:47am On Apr 06, 2015
0coded80:
mumu, the oba is not a absolute monarchy, he is a constitutional monarchy, he can be made to face the law if he try any non-sense

In this case, we have given him absolute power to decree whatever he likes. Lagos is his land - he rules over Lagos and whoever lives in Lagos must subject himself to his commands, otherwise, you will be banished from this land.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by KingTom(m): 10:47am On Apr 06, 2015
MrMandilas:
Bro, even my father cannot tell me who to vote. Are we still in democracy? No wonder people are still in chains in his palace. I am voting Jimi Agbaje!
It is your right! Vote who you please, just that it would be in your best interest to do so subtly, and not shout threaten or organize massive anti Yoruba rallies. Your vote is your weapon.
Eko oni baje ooo
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by JUHABACH: 10:48am On Apr 06, 2015
Kinfunfun22:

The owners of the land have spoken and any Igbo that doesn't concur can take the next bus to okija.
saharareporters.com/2013/08/22/igbos-lagos-state-my-experience-senator-adeseye-ogunlewe

NUFF SAID!!!
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by agbaikings: 10:49am On Apr 06, 2015
My Question here is; Is Jimi Agbaje not a Yoruba Man? Is Jimi Agbaje not a Lagosian? Is he an Igbo man? Why threaten the Igbos over any Choice of any two Lagos born Governorship Candidates they choose to vote?

5 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by M4gunners: 10:50am On Apr 06, 2015
Abagworo:

There is no Oba of Warri please. Olu of Itsekiri had been erroneously reffered to as Olu of Warri which caused a lot of crisis as there are Ijaw and Urhobo settlements who also have their own kings.

To me this is the danger associated with massive migration to another mans land in an uncivilised country like Nigeria. Our constitution recognises place of origin as against place of birth hence our allegiance remains with our ancestral home of 2 generations which we might not even have been to all our lives.
Thanks for the correction. (Olu of Warri )
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by soonest(f): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2015
This Oba is better off as a court jester! So are u trying to say the Igbos are that powerful to remove APC from power in Lagos? shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (41) (Reply)

Fatima Buhari Becomes 4th Wife To Gimba Yau Kumo / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him / Late General Attahiru Saluting Buhari At The Airport (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.