Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,455 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (108781 Views)

The Mayor Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Ibos On Planned Biafra Protest In Lagos / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by abisolaarshow(f): 10:51am On Apr 06, 2015
oba dey follow igbos talk, he no know say dem no even get respect for their own igwes . anyway everyone has a right to vote for their choice.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by chrisviral(m): 10:51am On Apr 06, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. These Igbo folks are innately boastful, troublesome, lack civility, and most of them don't understand what co-existence entails.

Hopefully, before the end of my life-span on nairaland - I'll see Igbos in their enclave get along and live peacefully, with Anambra folks not feeling superior to other Igbos; Abia not sacking civil servants from Imo and Enugu; Ebonyi folks not being looked down upon; Ngwa folks allowing other Igbo folks live peacefully in their lands etc..

If they can sort those problems out - I bet you they will stop having problems with other ethnic groups in Nigeria. grin

You just comot time dey study us baa grin cheesy
My people like trouble ah swear grin
But ur Oba for no threaten igbo people angry
We will burn down lagos grin cheesy for where!
I don sell my market finish na to come Vote, lol, the Oba sure doesn't know the Igbos, they would rather sell that day than vote even an igbo Man grin

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by mosad(m): 10:51am On Apr 06, 2015
[i][/i] d oba is not even respecting himself has he forgotten dat it is only God dat say things n he will surely come to pass,he is just human like us.and he cannot dictate for us all, he has down graded himself,
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by bravesoul247(m): 10:52am On Apr 06, 2015
I am highly disappointed at the Oba and to you guys that feel what he said has any atom of sense in it. Who the hell the Oba feel he is to dictate to us on whom to vote and whom not to vote? Even if he wants to persuade us is it in public and does he have to threaten us that we will die in d lagoon like some slaves? WTF!!! See, I know we aint owners of lagos but for the fact that we atleast make up half of the population of lagos we demand some respect and not foolish threats. Damn! Are we the only tribe in Lagos? Why can't he threaten the other tribes, must it be always igbos everyday? I swear down, the military should bundle this Oba cos he's dictating to us like he is a military man.. But seriously, we should look into this well and put ourselves in the shoes of the igbos and ask if were are these igbos that the oba is threatening like dis how will we feel? Lets leave sentiments outta dis. WTF!!!

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by KingTom(m): 10:52am On Apr 06, 2015
xynerise:

Your fada grin

I just want a free and fair election.
So do I grin grin grin
How far you go contest Mr. Nairaland this year grin
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by kelahns: 10:53am On Apr 06, 2015
There are better words he could have used rather than those.You can't force a candidate on people against their will...the power and decision lie with them.Perhaps he was somewhat misinterpreted.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 06, 2015
WITH THIS STATEMENT...I ADVICE ALL LAGOSIANS WHO BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA AND ONE LAGOS TO VOTE JIMI AGBAJE TO TEACH THIS OBA A BITTER LESSON....

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by vickylala239: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2015
Alcatraz001:
We are watching the ibos and all there shenanigans...............m.We told you not to take our gentility for weakness but you refused,hope you are ready for whaats coming?

I hope you have imported area boys from nnewi to help you fight the Agberos? Lagos belongs to Yorubas and it is not a No man's Land as you are fond of saying. Let's see how it goes though....

Who does not knw Dat lag is no man's land!!

u Evn said it ursef!! Stay deir na

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by milky3(f): 10:55am On Apr 06, 2015
With these st8ment Ambode will either win massively or lose woefully
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Ezegozie(m): 10:56am On Apr 06, 2015
I always know the Yorubas for being cowards with empty threaths.

Actually, I wanted to vote for Ambode but because of this obsolete and empty threath that is probably coming from an unenlightened and half educated fellow in the name of oba, I will vote for Agbaje.

And I will personally make sure I convince oda people using this empty threath from a ceremonial head as a tool.

The Oba and all the Yorubas in general should understand that Igbos are never afraid of threaths.

The tribe that can fight so many tribes joined together for three years in a wars regarded as no victor will never be afraid of a single tribe or a single man.

And also the Yorubas should also understand that Igbos are also among the owners of Lagos.
My cousin for instance has a mighty hotel in Lagos. Same with oda Igbo people, and some igbos are members of the house of assembly in Lagos.
So for your information, Igbos have come to stay in Lagos, building mighty structures in Lagos and can vote anyperson they want to vote in Lagos, and there is nothing anyperson can say or do to intimidate us.

Me and my whole family will vote Agbaje. Even if he dont win, but for the fact that this oba made this annoying statement, my vote will never go to Ambode.
And I am still waiting for the so called 7days for anything to happen.

4 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by TopHand: 10:56am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029
He should have requested for their support, he should have copied the king of ijebu example, yoruba people r known 4 their welcoming and open heart attitude to all people's

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by SirShymexx: 10:56am On Apr 06, 2015
chrisviral:

You just comot time dey study us baa grin cheesy
My people like trouble ah swear grin
But ur Oba for no threaten igbo people angry
We will burn down lagos grin cheesy for where!
I don sell my market finish na to come Vote, lol, the Oba sure doesn't know the Igbos, they would rather sell that day than vote even an igbo Man grin

I think I know more than enough about the mentality of the average Igbo - and Igbos as a group. grin

When folks are so divided among themselves, with so much clannishness - once you give them space, they'll always take it too far.

They just need to focus on their business and leave politics/administration in Lagos alone. There are other ways to go about it, by supporting what the hosts want, while negotiating better deals to enable their businesses thrive.

You can't create enmity on all sides, and expect survival.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by 0coded80: 10:57am On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by hush15: 10:57am On Apr 06, 2015
mikeczay:
am not against democracy, heck i will die to preserve it. am no ethnic bigot. my best padi is ibo. but the mentality that they have equal rights in lagos and that it is a no man land
annoys me

Why don't they have equal right. Tinubu that is controlling lagos, is he a lagosian? When he made Ben Nkwabueze Commissoner, what was tinubu thunking?

Ibo, you can concede to this slavery threat imposed on you or vote this stupids out and gain your social freedom

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by badlaw(f): 10:57am On Apr 06, 2015
.....But why did they still want to answer one nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by KingTom(m): 10:57am On Apr 06, 2015
SirShymexx:

Their grandiose delusions will end up consuming them. I hope they learn before it's too late cos with the way things are going, and based on the tone/vengeance in the not-so-colourful approach of the king - it seems something is brewing. And Yorubas aren't the type to say something straight to ya face, they'd rather catch you unaware.

Igbos need to tread with care - the sky is heavy. grin
Exactly! The fools have refused to learn from past antecedents grin
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by xynerise: 10:57am On Apr 06, 2015
KingTom:
So do I grin grin grin
How far you go contest Mr. Nairaland this year grin
With my grey hairs? grin
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by 0coded80: 10:59am On Apr 06, 2015
OsunOriginal:

In this case, we have given him absolute power to decree whatever he likes. Lagos is his land - he rules over Lagos and whoever lives in Lagos must subject himself to his commands, otherwise, you will be banished from this land.

u sound like a illiterate

4 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by vickylala239: 11:01am On Apr 06, 2015
otipoju:
The first law I learnt on the streets is that no matter how strong you are or how well you can fight, you do not look for trouble away from home, you can defend yourself and quickly find an escape route if need arises.

1. You do not know the nooks and crannys of a strange land.

2. If wahala start and you are outnumbered as surely you will be, how do you escape.

So since these guys have more to loose in potential income and possible destruction of goods if trouble starts, it is not wise to go against your hosts in any form..it is common sense.

And really the Oba has a point, can his people go across the Niger and start telling their hosts that it is no mans land...take it or leave it, it is really disrespectful and no good can come out of it.

Even other Yoruba tribes that are not indegenes of Lagos know their boundaries and limitations.

When Mbu came and started flexing muscles, it did not take long for him to adjust...

What you can't take dont try to give.

Ur wasting ur tym!! U tink Dey stayed in lag for two days,Lik say Na u knw Evri Whr.u forget Dat if fight start only dem will lose property Abi.

Ur wife at hme will b safe.stop saying rubbish.Lagos s no man's land.

Do u knw d worth of property lag will lose if fight strt,u tink is only igbos.u Dnt Evn knw Anytin.

D oba is Jst notin,he is Nt ruling anyone,he does Nt Evn Hv power Mre Dan d governor. He s Jst sitting n rule no one.

Who cares about old tradition in Lagos,lol,haha.

Story for d God's.

Is only in village n does days Dat Dey bring case to dem.Nw u go to court.dis ppl Dnt rule any tin.Jst empty seat.

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by KingTom(m): 11:02am On Apr 06, 2015
xynerise:

With my grey hairs? grin
Vote Ambode and your hairs shall blacken in Jesus name grin
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by mosad(m): 11:03am On Apr 06, 2015
lipsrsealed we all voted buhari in cos we need change in federal level n it happens,Apc have been ruling lagos for ao many years now, so let also try anoda party here in lagos too n we will see d different between d two,those people u are seeing like d oba n others dey are fighting for their pocket n their family. Youth let's be wise its now we can fight for our future. Let come together and vote in a man dat has vision for us. Forget about political party for now JIMI is d man.

6 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by SirShymexx: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2015
KingTom:
Exactly! The fools have refused to learn from past antecedents grin

Lol.

They're still running their mouths, rather than asking questions on why everyone can't stand them. grin

Even the Edos who have some leverage over parts of Lagos to an extent, aren't this forceful.

And I believe the Oba's mother is Igbo. So, for someone who's half-Igbo to say this - that just shows something is brewing.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by ba7man(m): 11:04am On Apr 06, 2015
Why does this sound like a PDP propaganda?

This news coming from the Sun newspaper makes it more suspect.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by chrisviral(m): 11:05am On Apr 06, 2015
SirShymexx:

I think I know more than enough about the mentality of the average Igbo - and Igbos as a group. grin

When folks are so divided among themselves, with so much clannishness - once you give them space, they'll always take it too far.

They just need to focus on their business and leave politics/administration in Lagos alone. There are other ways to go about it, by supporting what the hosts want, while negotiating better deals to enable their businesses thrive.

You can't create enmity on all sides, and expect survival.

Truth Bro!
But the bolded is not restricted to Igbos alone, I lived in Plateau, same thing happens amongst the gumai, the angas and other Muslims tribes there.. Even in US (sometimes the other whites don't consider the Latino whites as true Americans) (the dumb ones of course)!

Most Humans, just thrive on hate and superiority!
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by badlaw(f): 11:05am On Apr 06, 2015
......Take it or not 89% of d yurobas hate ibos. I think dis is d true face of d yorubas. from young to old man and woman. I still maintain dat d ibos should go.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by UnclePati: 11:05am On Apr 06, 2015
Mumu Oba. Be ready to kill millions of igbo's please mk sure they die in 7days. Or na u go die and igbos will drown your children in lagoon and turn ur palace at into shops.

Mtewwww..........Foooooooooolish Fool.

Igbos will vote jimi....mk u go hang

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by KingTom(m): 11:06am On Apr 06, 2015
Ezegozie:
I always know the Yorubas for being cowards with empty threaths.

Actually, I wanted to vote for Ambode but because of this obsolete and empty threath that is probably coming from an unenlightened and half educated fellow in the name of oba, I will vote for Agbaje.

And I will personally make sure I convince oda people using this empty threath from a ceremonial head as a tool.

The Oba and all the Yorubas in general should understand that Igbos are never afraid of threaths.

[size=20pt]The tribe that can fight so many tribes joined together for three years in a wars regarded as no victor will never be afraid of a single tribe or a single man[/size]

And also the Yorubas should also understand that Igbos are also among the owners of Lagos.
My cousin for instance has a mighty hotel in Lagos. Same with oda Igbo people, and some igbos are members of the house of assembly in Lagos.
So for your information, [size=20pt]Igbos have come to stay in Lagos, building mighty structures in Lagos[/size] and can vote anyperson they want to vote in Lagos, and there is nothing anyperson can say or do to intimidate us.

Me and my whole family will vote Agbaje. Even if he dont win, but for the fact that this oba made this annoying statement, my vote will never go to Ambode.
And I am still waiting for the so called 7days for anything to happen.
First, no victor? Brother You lost a war get over it!

Secondly, Just look at what you wrote, building mighty structures in Lagos while Aba remains a huge refuse dump!

Ndigbo O gini ne me gi o? cry cry cry
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by WisePer: 11:07am On Apr 06, 2015
I still do not understand why the youths or young elites from the South West will support such utterance from Oba Akiolu.

He is not the only Oba in Lagos State and should just act like an Oba.

When it is time to pay Tax, guess a lesser tax rate are levied on Ibos because they are not the owners of the land?

When It comes to contributing to Lagos IGR, hope the Ibos are exempted because they are non-natives?

Oba Akiolu or what do they call you, you should know that Ibos are REPUBLICANS in nature and independent minded.

You threat will only mess things up for Ambode, and for you people that are shouting that with Ibo vote JK will not win, they ought to remember that Ambode is not contesting against an Ibo man but a fellow Yoruba man with his own stronghold in Lagos.

The Ibo vote will make a lot of difference in the election and all APC stakeholders are aware. It is not like the Presidential election where GEJ is not their own, I am fully aware that the people of Ikorodu where JK represents will not vote against their own son.

Let us wait and see how Saturday plays out and mind you, though GEJ lost, he is still in control and C-in-C till 29th May 2015.

IGBOs are not Cowards and don't aligned because a higher authority said so

4 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Montaque(m): 11:08am On Apr 06, 2015
This shows the level of tribalism in Nigeria.
Obama's case should have taught us a lesson.
Let us shun tribalism,including HRH

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by MrMandilas: 11:09am On Apr 06, 2015
KingTom:
It is your right! Vote who you please, just that it would be in your best interest to do so subtly, and not shout threaten or organize massive anti Yoruba rallies. Your vote is your weapon.
Eko oni baje ooo
No bro, i am not doing anything againt the yorubas. My younger brother and sister married from Oyo state. We have intergrated in Nigeria so much. I married from Benue. All i'm saying is the Oba should stop enforcing a candidate on a particular tribe. I am voting, and i know who i want to vote for.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by boban007: 11:09am On Apr 06, 2015
THE OBA IS ANGRY COS OF THE EXCESSES OF THE IBOS IN LAGOS.U CANT BEHAVE LIKE THESE IN THE EAST.THE IBOS ARE THE MOST TRIBALISTIC TRIBE IN NIGERIA AND THATS WHY THEY ARE THE OVER ALL LOSER IN THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.THEY VE NOT LEARNT THEIR LESSON YET.AMBODE WILL WIN LAGOS,WHEN LADIPO MARKET IS NOW CLOSED DOWN,THEY WILL KNOW HOW POWERFUL THE OBA OF LAGOS IS.U CANT GO TO THE EAST AS AN HAUSA OR YORUBA MAN AND CONTEST ELECTIONS OR FORM AN OPEN ALLIANCE AGAINST THE RULERS OF THEIR REGION.LAGOS HAS GIVEN THE IBOS TOO MUCH OPPORTUNITY TO INFILTRATE INTO THEIR SYSTEM SO BAD THAT THEY WANT TO LAY CLAIM TO THE STATE.THEY EVEN WON ELECTIONS AND APPOINTMENTS,ALL THAT HAS TO STOP NOW OR NEVER.THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION EXPOSED THEM AND THEY WILL PAY DEARLY FOR IT COS THEY VE FORGOTTEN THEY ARE VISITORS.HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN IFEANYI UBA CAMPAIGNING IN LAGOS STATE?CAN ANY YORUBA MAN GO TO THE EAST AND CAMPAIGN OPENLY FOR APC WITHOUT BEING STONED?YHEY TOOK LAGOS LIBERTY FOR GRANTED.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by derecho(m): 11:09am On Apr 06, 2015
So the Oba thinks he can add 1 day to his life?I know that he can NOT do anything.He is a man,and only God's counsel stands.If Agbaje is God's Will,There's nothing you can do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply)

Fatima Buhari Becomes 4th Wife To Gimba Yau Kumo / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him / Radio Biafra And Nnamdi Kanu: A Threat to Nigeria's Stability.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.