Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,001 members, 7,814,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter (71811 Views)

Peter And Paul Are P Square Not Jude - Peter Okoye Rants On Twitter / WWE Fires Hulk Hogan For Using Racist Rants On Black Man Dating His Daughter / Nollywood Stars Ken Eric Dating Rachael Okonkwo (nkoli Nwa Nsuka Star)photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
...and that is all, you of great and profound knowledge can add? I greatly suspect that you just dropped your name: first name "Ignorance"; last name "speaking".
People should say with certainty only that which they are sure of. The dude has never shot on celluloid.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by 1miccza: 7:14am On Apr 07, 2015
Ethnicity is fast becoming worse than racism in Nigeria,God help us all....
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Abbey2sam(m): 7:18am On Apr 07, 2015
has Kunle Afolayan said anything that's not true ?

who are the piracy kings ? truth be told, it's Igbos

and there's no better way other than the way he put it

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by generalJumong1(m): 7:20am On Apr 07, 2015
many of our Ibo brothers ranting here are not film producer and I wonder how u guy would know what is going on in film industry.Kunle said those pple pirating are Ibos and u guys are nw tribalising it.put yourself in his shoe and put up ur wrk and see one useless he-goat nw reaping where he has not sown.pls kunle is a film producer and he knows who are pirating them wrk.so pls let us conderm bad act joo and stop tribalising all issues.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by hummerwise(m): 7:21am On Apr 07, 2015
Defcon1:

May you live long and prosper
Amen bruh,
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Rilwayne001: 7:22am On Apr 07, 2015
Suspect33:
God this is unfair.....

U made igbo brain wit deceit

You made hausa brain wit bronze

nd you made yoruba brain wit GOLD angry

FIXED

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 07, 2015
Wendyslim:
Go to Alaba international market u need not to be told

Abi o.
99% of those guys in Alaba and Aba belong to certain ethnic group na.
This is not tribalism. Nigerians just hate the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 7:26am On Apr 07, 2015
idprincess:
People should say with certainty only that which they are sure of. The dude has never shot on celluloid.
Oh, so that is the ONLY ignorant part of my post? But did his father shoot movies in celluloid? Is he continuing his father's legacy? Are his movies indistinguishable from celluloid movies? Did Igbos pioneer the movie industry in Nigeria? Now answer all the questions and tell us which has a NO answer. Then we will be back on track. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by PrettyGaby(f): 7:26am On Apr 07, 2015
olagockay:

Lol… Lemme guess; u're Igbo. I meant no offense.
so i know two yoruba guys down here who sell pirated movies. does that mean that the yorubas are solely responsible for piracy in my state or does i make them igbo?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by hummerwise(m): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2015
VoteOutPDPJona:
Tribal sentiments do more harm than good to this country. Nigerians should desist from heating up the polity with tribal rants. God bless Nigeria!
Amen bruh,
This is xactly wah somepeople don't understand, heating up tribal/ethnic conflicts is a dangerous thing to do, we are not in the 60s n 70s anymore. I blv by now we should b civilised, but some people still prefer to live in the stone age thinking this country is gonna breakup sumday.

Tank God people like u n I,
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Funjosh(m): 7:28am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
Bloody tribalist. Igbos sell meat, Yorubas sell ponmo. tongue

And hausa sell suya while fulani sell fura tongue
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by RomanceLander(f): 7:28am On Apr 07, 2015
mcdokwe:
Must everything be taken serious?

Wicked grin
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by driand(m): 7:29am On Apr 07, 2015
ggrin:
Airforce1 will you shattap thereangry
Now ggrin is calling you to release ya albumangry
We don taya to dy wait for ya album airforce1
Leave kunle matter alone and Face ya album braangry

tongue
which album be that abi God wan punish you and him for NL,
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by akpumping7720(m): 7:30am On Apr 07, 2015
Airforce1:
kunle Afolayan and oba of lagos are a disgrace to Nigeria
I don't even know what to call u. I reserve my comment
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by ggrin(f): 7:31am On Apr 07, 2015
driand:
which album be that abi God wan punish you and him for NL,
and who's thz MFundecided
God and god's will punish u and ur family

Hediota angry
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by akpumping7720(m): 7:33am On Apr 07, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Mumu
Foolish fool!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by iiiyyyk(m): 7:33am On Apr 07, 2015
We own nollywood.
if u dont like igbos, u can as well leave the nigeria film industry.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by kaboninc(m): 7:35am On Apr 07, 2015
edwife:
Very vile and hateful

Why the hate? undecided undecided

I can see that the word igbo has become ibo that people now smoke and get high

The hate is just too musshh.

On the 28th, during the Presidential Election, in my community, the Igbos came out to vote the PDP! So APC was like this election is between the Igbos and APC. Loool.

That election cost them their slot in the House of Rep and installed an Igbo lady, Rita Orji to represent our constituency.

That's the power of the collective will of the people and now they are so scared it might repeat itself come Saturday, April 11. For the first time, the PDP came close to the APC in Lagos.

Like Jimi said,"people who threaten you, knowingly or unknowingly, further validate your importance and underscore advantage."
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by SurePresident: 7:37am On Apr 07, 2015
Let's all condemn evil so that Nigeria can move forward. Greed, tribalism and hatred for other tribes has eaten too deep into igbos and it is doing much more arm to them than they realize. I believe that Nigeria would become a better country, if only the igbos would stop trying to cheat other people in order to greedily acquire corrupt wealth. Put an igbo to head a Govt office, he would ensure that other tribes that have much better qualifications are never employed, only igbos. Through 1966 Coup, igbos infected other tribes with tribalism.

Mykevp2p:
To me, it's not the statement that offend me the most as an Igbo man but those bunch of ezes who were clapping in the video! How low could they go? Your subjects are being threatened and insulted in your presence and all you could do is to clap?

[b]Sincerely, the fact that igbo leaders sucked it in and were humbly clapping for the Oba showed that igbos are naturally cowards that try hard to cover up their cowardice by vain boasting and effort to greedily accumulate money. They didn't find their voice till they got to ndigbo meeting. It reminds me of how Ojuckwu, instead of bravely dying with millions of igbos like all true Heroes that he deceived into being slaughtered, he cowardly dressed like a woman and fled tail between legs from the fiery anger of Benjamin Adekunle the Black Scorpion. Likewise, Ojuckwu never found his voice during Abacha era till democracy returned. People like Wole Shoyinka, the great Abraham Adesabya boldly faced Abacha. Only that Yorubas are not proud, they are much more braver, cleaver and better warriors than igbos. According to the commendation of the white colonial masters on the military performance of the people from tribes enlisted into British army then; they praised the Yorubas as being the most intelligent at developing and implementing disastrously destructive military strategies. This was evident in the fact that Biafra was actually winning the war before the great Awolowo, the ununiformed Generallisimo, stepped in and came to the rescue of Nigerian Military by teaching them the military strategy through which the lingering war was quickly won. In warfare, all is fair that wins the battle.[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 07, 2015
davidmonye:

If kunle Afolayan is a nonentity I can't imagine wat u are. Pls dnt allow tribalism take away your sense of reasoning and rationality. Though tribalistic comments could be cataclysmic to the unity of this Nation, that is because we are too tribe conscious. Afolayan said his mind, Nail him frm Now till tomorrow there is truth in what he said.
what truth? Are igbos the only people that sell DVDs? Even all the youruba films? Please desist from generalisation, it reeks of ignorance. As far as I'm concerned Afolanyan or whatever his name is is a nonentity.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by PrettyGaby(f): 7:40am On Apr 07, 2015
soulfood:
And we yorubas just decided the next president of Nigeria....YOUR GOLD BRAINS MUST BE "ABA" MADE.
we know. next four years i am coming back to quot this statement.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by PrettyGaby(f): 7:43am On Apr 07, 2015
soulfood:
And we yorubas just decided the next president of Nigeria....YOUR GOLD BRAINS MUST BE "ABA" MADE.
we know. next four years i am coming back to quote this statement.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by desmond2pk: 7:44am On Apr 07, 2015
Come to somolu and mushin see where Yorubas are helping themselves with piracy. Piracy here is solely a Yorubas thing here. From books and to 20in1 DVDs. But then, we can only see alaba.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by darlenese(f): 7:45am On Apr 07, 2015
vislabraye:
Afolayan, apologise or you are a coward grin

He has apologized , dunno why Nigerians like to make everything a serious issue
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Joe82834(m): 7:46am On Apr 07, 2015
sammieguze:
As much as i hate tribalism, i don't actually see anything bad in what he said. Just stating the obvious.

Igbo and piracy is like .......... And mai suya

Meanwhile, i still love my igbo brothers
That's d problem with stereotypes n generalization in Nigeria. Same way some ppl think most Hausa's are dull or abokis,every I jaw is violent,Yoruba's are dirty.meanwhile it isn't always true most of the times.grow up
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by seyola(m): 7:47am On Apr 07, 2015
If you have been a victim of piracy,honestly you won't blame this guy. I wanted to buy a #5 razor blade years back in Onistha, the Ibo man asked me if it's original that I wanted or d other one. I couldn't believe it. Must me pirate everything? Must we make money anyhow? Dr Larinde Akinleye of blessed memory once said" An Evil Man gives a bad name to his race even when the race contain host of angels, a race is a race and a man is a man"
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Kelvinpam(m): 7:48am On Apr 07, 2015
Baba change that tin sharp sharp...which 1 b *prosecute*

Chai! grin shocked grin grin

phantonce:
Most of this guys take loans worth millions of naira to prosecute their project .

he said he has tried all his best to eradicate piracy.
And the funniest part of is that this guy think wat they are doing is good and they had the effontery to try and sue him.
What he did doesn't make him a tribalist.
he is just saying the obvious that we've always known.

how would you feel if someone does this to you?
let's pinch ourself first to see how it feels before doing it to others.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by spiralwedge(m): 7:48am On Apr 07, 2015
Alaba market should be shut down asap.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by otemanuduno: 7:49am On Apr 07, 2015
Na wa o!
Wetin cause all these hurly burly and hulabaloo.
Ibo no wan gree again; Yoruba sef don vex die.
Hmm. I just dey watch una for 3D o. Una wan cause another civil war abi?

Checking the trend of things now again, civil war fit happen if una no stop all these things o. And I bet you na ibo people go suffer am pass.

Come to think of it, how many Yoruba dey for east? But ibo plenty like sand for southwest here. Dem suppose dey quiet here because if civil war break out, na few Yoruba una go see kill for una side o (because dem no plenty), but for here, Omo nna dey evereywhere.

Please make una observe silence o, because this thing fit cause civil war o. Jimi Agbaje na one line person wey I respect before, but using ethnicity for campaign no be wise thing at all. Na so Jona do am lose d election too. Him dey use religion and ethnicity campaign and hin fail and fall yakata.

Hmm! This tribal trigger you people dey pull, Chai! Diarisgodo!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by driand(m): 7:49am On Apr 07, 2015
ggrin:
and who's thz MFundecided
God and god's will punish u and ur family

Hediota angry
I know it's the same airforce1 with moniker accounts, simply take your campaign elsewhere.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by frank442: 7:49am On Apr 07, 2015
Igbo the loser
Nothing to offer Nigerians
Drug lords ,419 kingpin. Producer and importers of fake goods, cheaters. Robbers ritu
alist otokoto

Obituary emaka age 24
2 houses in onisha 5 in lagos
Secondary school drop out
Wanted in 3 countries

No wife no kid
Father and mother in the village

Haba is this life

Truth is bitter

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Joe82834(m): 7:50am On Apr 07, 2015
sammieguze:
As much as i hate tribalism, i don't actually see anything bad in what he said. Just stating the obvious.

Igbo and piracy is like .......... And mai suya

Meanwhile, i still love my igbo brothers
That's d problem with stereotypes n generalization in Nigeria. Same way some ppl think most Hausa's are dull or abokis,every I jaw is violent,Yoruba's are dirty.meanwhile it isn't always true most of the times.grow up.and to complete ur quote, Igbo n piracy is like Yoruba's n dirtiness n like Hausa's n mai suya.now u see what I mean

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Davido's Girlfriend, Chioma, Shares New Hot Photos / 21 Years After: 'Titanic' Stars Then And Now (Photos) / Meet The Prettiest LASTMA Officer

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.