Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter (71809 Views)

Peter And Paul Are P Square Not Jude - Peter Okoye Rants On Twitter / WWE Fires Hulk Hogan For Using Racist Rants On Black Man Dating His Daughter / Nollywood Stars Ken Eric Dating Rachael Okonkwo (nkoli Nwa Nsuka Star)photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 07, 2015
splashbaby:
There's no reason to apologize... He's 80% right, Igbos don't like to be told the truth, what do Uche Jumbo and her freaking urchins know about the industry than getting themselves laid by strange men (Nollywood is an extension of Allen Avenue) and ripping off hard working Yoruba producers through piracy by their wicked alaba kinsmen. Besides GEJ's legacy of ethnic and religious consciousness is taking precedent afterall...as usual the losers will always be Igbos. Unfortunately they seem to be wallowing in self denial.
please when did this so called yoruba's begin to produce sensible movies LOOK AT DIRTY YORUBA PEOPLE SPEAKING GIBBERISH ABOUT US OHH........

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by adconline(m): 2:34am On Apr 07, 2015
splashbaby:
There's no reason to apologize... He's 80% right, Igbos don't like to be told the truth, what do Uche Jumbo and her freaking urchins know about the industry than getting themselves laid by strange men (Nollywood is an extension of Allen Avenue) and ripping off hard working Yoruba producers through piracy by their wicked alaba kinsmen. Besides GEJ's legacy of ethnic and religious consciousness is taking precedent afterall...as usual the losers will always be Igbos. Unfortunately they seem to be wallowing in self denial.
Most of Nollywood producers and marketers are of Igbo origin, so are they stealing works of Yoruba producers??

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 2:34am On Apr 07, 2015
zubyarchangel:
...please tell me no yoruba boy has downloaded movies at torrent sites??
Now, how does this compare with what we are talking about here? How does downloading a movie for private/personal viewing translate into cloning millions of copies of a CD to sell?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 07, 2015
BizBayo:

This is exactly what we don't learn how to do. We take little issues serious like anything. This issue is not up to the length they are taking it to.
If you want to kill a vulture, kill it before it hatches

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by ultimate77(m): 2:41am On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
Now, how does this compare with what we are talking about here? How does downloading a movie for private/personal viewing translate into cloning millions of copies of a CD to sell?
well you have a harddrive where you have probably downloaded "fast and furious five" soon your friends kunle, and Ajibola, and Olabisi will ask to copy new movies from your hard drive......and they will all keep the ball rolling.......sending the pirated content "YOU" downloaded......

5 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by konkonbilo(m): 2:54am On Apr 07, 2015
I respect my brothers from d east side of Nigeria,but some of dem has just think d easy way to make money is sell or make "fake or substantial goods"which is nt good for our economy.they ve infected d life of many Nigerians in doing same thing which make other tribe to join dem because dey find it easier to produce n make money.its good we do tins locally,but let's use d rite material,if u go to d northern part of nigeria,they use confirm leather to produce Thier products like shoe,bags etc.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by knowledgeable: 3:07am On Apr 07, 2015
zicoraads:
**sighs**

Let us stop deceiving ourselves...we are just being forced to remain as one. This is not working. No matter how much any of them apologise for what has been said, the truth is that that is how they feel about the Igbos.

And that is how most Nigerians feel about other tribes and vice versa. This is the condition we have found ourselves in.

Bro, Igbos should brace up after this APC presidential victory. Igbo people current success story, forced the colobo of hausa fulani/Yoruba through Apc. Yorubas are extremely bitter about Igbos behind the history of Nollywood and have been trying to claim that history, but unfortunately, their women aren't beautiful enough. Under Apc, nollywood will be among the first sub sector of their offensive policy attack towards Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Bollinger(m): 3:16am On Apr 07, 2015
Sodiq3:
Lol. I nah fit Laugh. Igbos don suffer o. Afolayan, This isn't fair enough though.

what the heck does that mean?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by zudozz: 3:18am On Apr 07, 2015
VERY LAZY yoruba people. They hate ibos so much meanwhile they cant even be anything without ibos around them. we feed their omoniles we develop their place. we feed there usi-less (h)ugly bornthroway children collecting money at bus stops n moto packs we feed their area boys we pay huge taxes different kinds of silly taxes 2 live in Lagos n still fvuck their girls n give them money 2 buy ewa 4 breakfast d next day!

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by totorimi: 3:28am On Apr 07, 2015
It is not right to make a general statement based on mere suspicion. When the nation is ready to burst this racket I'm sure we will find behind the whole piracy thing different tribes.

Although some gullible people will attribute it to the Ibos but it cuts across.

However, this man Afolayan I used to look at him as one man that has gone past all this tribal hating but this comment of his erases all doubts he is one of them.

On the piracy thing , I think its a global problem, I don't even know where their base is whether in Alaba or Dubai or even Onitsha. Is it so hard to burst the racket after all the issue of fake drugs was bursted. Who are the masterminds behind it.

I suspect the movie producers and their people should search within themselves because the grasshopper that eats the leaf lives within it.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by babestella: 3:29am On Apr 07, 2015
sammieguze:
As much as i hate tribalism, i don't actually see anything bad in what he said. Just stating the obvious.

Igbo and piracy is like .......... And mai suya

Meanwhile, i still love my igbo brothers

Abeg, there are smart Yoruba London boys who are into piracy big time, it's no longer an Igbo thing, even Kunle should know better. So you all should stop this trash about the igbos, not fair. Too much bigotry in Nigeria and people try to justify it.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 3:31am On Apr 07, 2015
zubyarchangel:
well you have a harddrive where you have probably downloaded "fast and furious five" soon your friends kunle, and Ajibola, and Olabisi will ask to copy new movies from your hard drive......and they will all keep the ball rolling.......sending the pirated content "YOU" downloaded......
...which I am NOT SELLING.

By the way, do this analysis:

In Nigeria, downloads are capped. Not the same as say the US where you have unlimited downloads for as low as $25/month. So, I buy 6GB for 8000 NGN. Let's even say I got 8GB for 8000 NGN. That translates into 1G for 1000 NGN. Meaning 700 MB for 700 NGN which is the minimum size of a good resolution video. Do you know how much I will pay to watch same movie on DSTV pay-per-view? About 350 NGN!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 3:32am On Apr 07, 2015
zudozz:
VERY LAZY yoruba people. They hate ibos so much meanwhile they cant even be anything without ibos around them. we feed their omoniles we develop their place. we feed there usi-less (h)ugly bornthroway children collecting money at bus stops n moto packs we feed their area boys we pay huge taxes different kinds of silly taxes 2 live in Lagos n still fvuck their girls n give them money 2 buy ewa 4 breakfast d next day!
Hilarious. grin
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Aystarz: 3:34am On Apr 07, 2015
ggrin:
Airforce1 will you shattap thereangry
Now ggrin is calling you to release ya albumangry
We don taya to dy wait for ya album airforce1
Leave kunle matter alone and Face ya album braangry

tongue

U dey mind that ''Earforce'' dude ni? The guy na big disgrace to his phantom fans, that's if he even has any.

But come oo, Kunle didn't say that the ibos were the only tribe in the business of pyrating...... But that they were more involved in that downright dishonest and wicked activity . Now is there any truth to that? Of course yes!
NL is a den of tribalistic hypocrites. You could see from the posts of embittered ibo boys and girls here who cannot stand a swipe at their kinsmen even if it's true. Call an ibo hardcore thief, ole and watch their entire population swoop on you...lol funny people

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by NosoChic: 3:34am On Apr 07, 2015
Nigeria is not yet ready to win the war against piracy.

Nollywood is also not ready.

As long as people continue buying pirated CDs, then there will be production of it. I want to ask how many Nigerians do not have a pirated CD in his /her movie collection. Even this Mr A folaranmi sef will her pirated CDs -foreign , in his house.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by mcprince32(m): 3:36am On Apr 07, 2015
Very Important:
Eko'o onibaje e. On the 2nd January 2015, I saw a vision of a big problem in the land, but none could help out. As all were contemplating over who would handle it, I heard Ifeanyi Agbaje. I further enquired and realised they were Ifeanyi Okowa (of Delta State) and Jimi Agbaje (of Lagos state) could solve these problems. I don't know them personally, but I hereby implore all concerned state indigens to pls Vote for them. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by NobleG1(m): 3:36am On Apr 07, 2015
The st*upid tribalist a*sshole is bashing the great ethnic group that created the job he makes his living from.
I've been to many yoruba shops abroad that sell pirated Nigerian CDs. Piracy is NOT an ethnic problem. It is a global problem!

If this i*diot must blame Ndigbo for piracy, then what should Ndigbo do to yorubas and hausas for ruining this country for decades?

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by 14DUI(m): 3:38am On Apr 07, 2015
The pirate group
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 3:39am On Apr 07, 2015
NobleG1:
The st*upid tribalist a*sshole is bashing the great ethnic group that created the job he makes his living from.
Can you please enlighten us on how your "great ethnic group" created the job of movie production?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Sibrah: 3:44am On Apr 07, 2015
Unprincipled businessmen they are.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by TolaniLuv: 3:48am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
...and you didn't call NAFDAC on his a$$? OK o. Make you forgive am till he sell you cyanide.

Lol,
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by rabimlomo: 3:48am On Apr 07, 2015
zicoraads:
**sighs**

Let us stop deceiving ourselves...we are just being forced to remain as one. This is not working. No matter how much any of them apologise for what has been said, the truth is that that is how they feel about the Igbos.

And that is how most Nigerians feel about other tribes and vice versa. This is the condition we have found ourselves in.

HOw many will Nigeria be divided into? I am sure the niger deltans feel that way about the igbos too and the igbos don't like the niger deltans. And even among the niger deltans, the itsekiris don't like the urhobos. ....and so on.

The fact is if we want to divide because of differences then we may as well Nigeria divided into several countries made up of no more than 5 cities.

The truth is all big countries have tribal differences but they manage it for the benefit of the majority who are not bigots. Even the almighty US still have white supremacy groups that hate every other race.

We can all help douce all these tribal hatred by not contributing to it.

5 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by naijamerican: 3:57am On Apr 07, 2015
kingthreat:
Really Igbos make a lot of noise. Give them an inch, they take a mile. They are undaunted to make crime their enterprise. They call Lagos, no mans labd and expect you to call Onitsha, Igbo land. Selfish set of people. Without them, this country would have no civil war

To bad your cowardly ancestors wouldn't let the "horrible" igbos leave and form their own nation like they wanted to back in the day. You and your family can go to hell. Hopefully one day the igbos will form their own nation and be rid of you idiots.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by naijamerican: 4:00am On Apr 07, 2015
adconline:

Most of Nollywood producers and marketers are of Igbo origin, so are they stealing works of Yoruba producers??

Don't mind that goat. The idiot Is stupid as he is clueless. If it weren't for igbos, there would be no nollywood. Everyone but these useless Yoruba idiots realize this.

I wish God will punish all these useless tribalistic buffoons that fill this forum

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by naijamerican: 4:03am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
Can you please enlighten us on how your "great ethnic group" created the job of movie production?

Go read on the history of nollywood and who started it in Nigeria idiot.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by TolaniLuv: 4:07am On Apr 07, 2015
naijamerican:

To bad your cowardly ancestors wouldn't let the "horrible" igbos leave and form their own nation like they wanted to back in the day. You and your family can go to hell. Hopefully one day the igbos will form their own nation and be rid of you idiots.

I blame our ancestors too! They are cowards, I'm sorry to say. I wish they can form their own nation someday in near future. Because A person present will determine their future right? Tell me all this things other tribes are complaining about wont be a problem of the Nation. When this nation you want is formed ??
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 4:08am On Apr 07, 2015
naijamerican:

If it weren't for igbos, there would be no nollywood.
Interesting idea. Ola Balogun, Ade Love, Baba Sala, Hubert Ogunde, Adesanya Brothers. Chai...See all these Igbo founders of Nigerian movie industry. grin By the way, the only pioneer whose origins could be traced anywhere close to the South East was Eddie Ugboma (from Delta State); who lived in Lagos all his life and made many Yoruba movies and for Yoruba audiences (Oyenusi, Toriade, Apalara, Omiran Esun Ake, etc).

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 4:09am On Apr 07, 2015
naijamerican:

Go read on the history of nollywood and who started it in Nigeria idiot.
LOL. I should go and read? Obviously you are as ignorant as they come. Oh, OK. I pardon you if you think Nigerian movie industry started in 1990. My older ones had been enjoying Nigerian (mostly Yoruba) movies since the 70s.

By the way, see what Eddie Ugboma had to say about Nollywood:

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/eddie-ugboma-nollywood-is-empty-disgraceful/
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by naijamerican: 4:32am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
LOL. I should go and read? Obviously you are as ignorant as they come. Oh, OK. I pardon you if you think Nigerian movie industry started in 1990. My older ones had been enjoying Nigerian (mostly Yoruba) movies since the 70s.

By the way, see what Eddie Ugboma had to say about Nollywood:

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/eddie-ugboma-nollywood-is-empty-disgraceful/

No one cares about the useless movies you and your useless relations watched on the tv likely sold to you by one of the horrible igbos you detest. Anyone with even a modicum of intelligence knows that it was the igbos that pushed the reach and popularity of nollywood into the worldwide phenomenon that it is today. The same nollywood that all tribes use to feed their families. It is on our stupid goats like yourself and the mugu that started this thread that feel somehow the very same igbos that built this industry into what is today are the same group destroying it it piracy.

My god you and your type have about as much brain power as a plate of pounded yam! Tufiakwa!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by NobleG1(m): 4:35am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:

Ndigbo created Nollywood. Without the lucrative Nollywood projects, he won't be a "movie producer".
That's a fact.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Davido's Girlfriend, Chioma, Shares New Hot Photos / 21 Years After: 'Titanic' Stars Then And Now (Photos) / Meet The Prettiest LASTMA Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.