Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,975 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter (71808 Views)

Peter And Paul Are P Square Not Jude - Peter Okoye Rants On Twitter / WWE Fires Hulk Hogan For Using Racist Rants On Black Man Dating His Daughter / Nollywood Stars Ken Eric Dating Rachael Okonkwo (nkoli Nwa Nsuka Star)photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by ayindejimmy(m): 5:58am On Apr 07, 2015
Nimblemind:
The ripple effect that'd be caused by his choice of words won't be funny...
Why all the tribal sentiment here? We all know this guy is 98% right. The truth is bitter... Just like Edo people won't accept the form majority of Nigerians in Italy doing prostitution.
Go to anywhere pirated cd or dvd is sold. You'll see 10 Ibos b4 you see one yoruba. That's just the bitter fact.

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by phabulux: 6:00am On Apr 07, 2015
Felixsun20:
Sorry to say, but Yorubas are highly tribalistic. Even in my room at school(UNILAG), those room mates of mine who are Yorubas do say hurtful things to me often inspite of the fact that I'm Ibibio. They say we're one, and I'm happy to be affiliated with Igbo. "One Nigeria" is a BIG LIE! I'm from the United States Of Biafra (USB), not Nigeria. If USB decides to be on her own, Yorubas and Hausas will never ever measure up to us in all aspects till Jesus comes! It is our oil resources that make all of you, we own the Nigerian economy, PETROLEUM. #Proudly Akwa-Ibomite#

You're correct in one respect: Yorubas are tribalistic. While serving, I observed that I was the only one - of all the Yoruba corpers in Orlu - that thought the igbos could be better at anything other than f.u.c.king.

Associating with Igbo and thinking they will be good administrators are, well, foolish thinking. When they were given the opportunity to be the senate president, they gave us five in four years.

If you are Ibibio, I mean truly Ibibio, then, I will advise you to study your history. Being slaves to them has brought you nothing other than misery.

I wasted this data because you're in my Alma Mater.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by CecyAdrian(f): 6:09am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
How can a flat headed monkey like you get it? undecided
Africa Magic is south African and wass brought to Nigeria by a yoruba,so go figure why you have had African Magic yoruba and just had African Magic Igbo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by ebamma(m): 6:11am On Apr 07, 2015
Felixsun20:
Sorry to say, but Yorubas are highly tribalistic. Even in my room at school(UNILAG), those room mates of mine who are Yorubas do say hurtful things to me often inspite of the fact that I'm Ibibio. They say we're one, and I'm happy to be affiliated with Igbo. "One Nigeria" is a BIG LIE! I'm from the United States Of Biafra (USB), not Nigeria. If USB decides to be on her own, Yorubas and Hausas will never ever measure up to us in all aspects till Jesus comes! It is our oil resources that make all of you, we own the Nigerian economy, PETROLEUM. #Proudly Akwa-Ibomite#
which united states of biafra?, you are on your own oh,
niger delta republic we stand, abi you wan make we become minority again for another country?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 6:12am On Apr 07, 2015
CecyAdrian:

Africa Magic is south African and wass brought to Nigeria by a yoruba,so go figure why you have had African Magic yoruba and just had African Magic Igbo
Ode. You think we think like you? If there was a big enough market for Africa Magic Igbo that will MAKE MONEY for Multichoice, they would've long considered it.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Waspy(m): 6:14am On Apr 07, 2015
What I ask myself is.....why?

Why are Igbos like Balotelli...Mouth no dey finish for them body.

In all of what had/ have always bn said abt them....

I guess it's all the bitter truth.

Fulani's have bn known to be sociopathic nuisances but they still keep their head below the waters.

Igbos need to stop their attention seeking, histrionic narcissism. It will never always be abt them.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
May Sopana strike you and your entire family. Especially your Zinjanthropus of a FATHER and half Australopithecus, half Bonobo of a prost1tute mother.

Now, let me further educate you. No, back then we didn't watch those movies on TV, mor0n. We went to the Cinema. These movies were shot in celluloid. Not cheap cameras, and hustler producers. And Kunle Afolayan has continued that tradition - real cinema movies. Celluloid. I am sure even he does not want to be associated with Nollywood which is synonymous with "mass produced garbage".

I like the fact you called the guy that started the thread a mugu. It shows you are too ret@rded to even realize he's on your side.
No be only celluloid. Ignorance speaking.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by emeraldo56(m): 6:18am On Apr 07, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
When will some people even grow up

piracy that affects all and sundry is now be blamed on the igbos

So na only igbos dey pirate

anu pam
The igbos are d one doing it but I still blame people that buy from them. He was only saying the right thing at the wrong time

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 6:19am On Apr 07, 2015
idprincess:
No be only celluloid. Ignorance speaking.
...and that is all, you of great and profound knowledge can add? I greatly suspect that you just dropped your name: first name "Ignorance"; last name "speaking".
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by yemmybx(m): 6:21am On Apr 07, 2015
LETS BE ONE AND REMAIN ONE NATION. LETS PROMOTE PEACE AND HARMONY. LETS US TO ACCEPT OUR INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES SO AS TO ACCOMMODATE ONE ANOTHER, NONE OF THE TRIBES IN NIGERIA IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER AND LET EACH TRIBE TO ADJUST FOR THE PURPOSE OF A PEACEFUL CO-EXISTENCE INSTEAD OF POINTING FINGERS, ONE LOVE NIGERIAN!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by elder116: 6:23am On Apr 07, 2015
phantonce:
Most of this guys take loans worth millions of naira to prosecute their project .

he said he has tried all his best to eradicate piracy.
And the funniest part of is that this guy think wat they are doing is good and they had the effontery to try and sue him.
What he did doesn't make him a tribalist.
he is just saying the obvious that we've always known.

how would you feel if someone does this to you?
let's pinch ourself first to see how it feels before doing it to others.

Who is doing it to who? Have you been to where they pirate dvd at Alaba? In case you are not I have been. As guilty as Igbos are so are Yoruba's, all of them dey there dey do their thing though am not in support of this.

I strongly believe that Yoruba's are just tribalist and they want to blame another person for their own problem.

From what your stupid Oba have said, I saw the response of average Yoruba man which shows that this tribal hate have been indoctrinated in almost every Yoruba man.

Whether you like it or not, you can only envy them.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by chinae(m): 6:25am On Apr 07, 2015
Piracy or what... it is called innovation nd entrepreneurship, this is what we are know for, wearing the thinking cap to think outside the normal sphere.
ur MS office, u go tell me if na original of 90k u dey use in ur comp nd if the Tuface album u get if na original. Eagle shld perch and the kite shld perch also, any that resist otherwise shld loose its wings.
Well, she was just trying to pull a cheap publicity stunt; more comment on this TOAD's tweet.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by SkinnyDude(m): 6:25am On Apr 07, 2015
sammieguze:
As much as i hate tribalism, i don't actually see anything bad in what he said. Just stating the obvious.

Igbo and piracy is like .......... And mai suya

Meanwhile, i still love my igbo brothers
we dont want to be loved by mumu. take your love back.

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by jedyjedy(m): 6:29am On Apr 07, 2015
We all know that he spoke the truth, na only sentiments dey worry some people.

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Umunede(m): 6:29am On Apr 07, 2015
Na wa everybody want to chop d igbos.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 6:31am On Apr 07, 2015
chinae:
Piracy or what... it is called innovation nd entrepreneurship, this is what we are know for.
Much kudos! grin grin grin Entrepreneurs of the Century.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 07, 2015
Airforce1:
kunle Afolayan and oba of lagos are a disgrace to Nigeria

U Don release Ur album
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by chinae(m): 6:36am On Apr 07, 2015
jedyjedy:
We all know that he spoke the truth, na only sentiments dey worry some people.

In ur minds' eye he/she spoke the truth. the truth now is that u nd ur tribe will continue drinking ur name 'Jedi***' as juice till u get things running in its right channel.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 07, 2015

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by treasuredm(f): 6:42am On Apr 07, 2015
He's obviously stating d truth... But as much as I agree with him on it, it wud av been better if he had left d tribal issue out of it,.. At least for now....

SHOUT OUT TO MY IGBO BRETHREN HEADING FOR D LAGOON.. I'LL B DERE SELLING LIFE JACKETS, RUBBER TIRES N SOME OOSADEBE MUSIC FOR UR RESERVATION kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by obayaya(m): 6:42am On Apr 07, 2015
Guidette:
Is he wrong though? The word Aba-made means fake. So he has a point.

please jump into the lagoon and rid us of your stupidity...

I'm sure you haven't been to aba all your life

FYI, Nollywood has 3 bastions...

51 Iweka Road, Onitsha
1/3 Pound Road, Aba
and
Somewhere in Idumota, Lagos

2 of these bastions happen to be in Igbo Heartland and the one in Idumota still have a lot of Igbos..

How can you guys attribute Piracy sorely to the Igbo who are actually the producers of a majority of the movies?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by primcy(m): 6:42am On Apr 07, 2015
Guidette:
Notice me.. We knw say na u dey there. Afo anu.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Tymax(m): 6:49am On Apr 07, 2015
Hypocrisy. Let us be real. Who are these pirates? Who are these wicked guys in Alaba and Onitsha making money from unreleased DVDs?

Ask Charlie Boy (an Igbo man) what he went through as PMAN president. They had to turn these Igbo pirates into marketers to make things easy for artistes.

Truth is bitter.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by kraftykc(m): 6:49am On Apr 07, 2015
phantonce:
Most of this guys take loans worth millions of naira to prosecute their project .

he said he has tried all his best to eradicate piracy.
And the funniest part of is that this guy think wat they are doing is good and they had the effontery to try and sue him.
What he did doesn't make him a tribalist.
he is just saying the obvious that we've always known.

how would you feel if someone does this to you?
let's pinch ourself first to see how it feels before doing it to others.

Soooo, there NO Igbo Nollywood producers? Abi movies from Igbo people don't get pirated?

Wait so ONLY Igbos pirate movies too? I bet we are the only robbers, yahoo boys, 419ers, rapists and ritualists too.

Omo, I don't know what he tried to accomplish but he failed with that statement.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Gboskee(m): 6:51am On Apr 07, 2015
Guidette:
hahahaiahahaha
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Gboskee(m): 6:54am On Apr 07, 2015
yemmybx:
LETS BE ONE AND REMAIN ONE NATION. LETS PROMOTE PEACE AND HARMONY. LETS US TO ACCEPT OUR INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES SO AS TO ACCOMMODATE ONE ANOTHER, NONE OF THE TRIBES IN NIGERIA IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER AND LET EACH TRIBE TO ADJUST FOR THE PURPOSE OF A PEACEFUL CO-EXISTENCE INSTEAD OF POINTING FINGERS, ONE LOVE NIGERIAN!
WAIT,,,WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR PRESIDENT #2015? GMB/GEJ?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:58am On Apr 07, 2015
Suspect33:
God this is unfair.....

U made igbo brain wit gold,

You made hausa brain wit bronze

nd you made yoruba brain wit orijin angry
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by baraq86: 6:58am On Apr 07, 2015
Suspect33:
God this is unfair.....

U made igbo brain wit gold,

You made hausa brain wit bronze

nd you made yoruba brain wit orijin angry

Orijin brains like Tunde kilani, kunle afolyan, wole soyinka, gani fawehinmi e.t.c... lol..... lips sealed.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by shizzleStar: 7:08am On Apr 07, 2015
Felixsun20:
AMEN! God bless you bruv.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by VoteOutPDPJona: 7:08am On Apr 07, 2015
hummerwise:
Very careless utterances by Kunle Afolayan(if the twitter handle is trully for him) and the OBA of lagos...
We Yoruba are not this tribalistic, these are just careless statement made...
[size=20pt]WE YORUBAS ARE NOT TRIBAlistIC[/size]

PDP shud becareful how they play with this propanganda and APC supporters shud resist from support of Tribal sentiments.
#19ja I blv
Tribal sentiments do more harm than good to this country. Nigerians should desist from heating up the polity with tribal rants. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Duru009(m): 7:09am On Apr 07, 2015
Are there not yorubas in a alaba market. I used to respact these guy b4 but he has messed up already. Shame on himmmmm
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by chronique(m): 7:12am On Apr 07, 2015
This is a very dicey matter to speak on. While I agree that most of the people who started piracy of intellectual works are Ibos,I must also admit that they aren't the only ones involved. There are some other tribes involved in it and of course,the almighty Chinese folks too. At a time where the oba of Lagos was busy fooling himself by issueing death threats to ibos,Kunle should have tried to hold back his anger cos as it stands,his outburst is already fueling the fire on ground. May God help us all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Davido's Girlfriend, Chioma, Shares New Hot Photos / 21 Years After: 'Titanic' Stars Then And Now (Photos) / Meet The Prettiest LASTMA Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.