Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. (59036 Views)

Breakdown Of $6.9billion Paris Club Refund To 36 States, FCT (snapshots) / See Official Salary Breakdown Of Senators, House Of Representative Members / See Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja (see This Salary Breakdown) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by isalegan2: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
alsudaes1:

please how did you arrive at #29millon
because I know most of the allowances you quoted are either p.a (per annum: hence the need to divide each by 12) or quarterly and the severance gratuity will be at the end of tenure if the senator is not returned.

so, How did you arrive at #29M?

Note: I am not related to any senator

I just need you to confirm before some people start spreading false information as requested by you. Thanks

axponline:
* Basic Salary (B.S) - N2,484,245.50
* Hardship Allowance (50% of B.S) - N1,242,122.70
* Constituency Allowance (200% of B.S) - N4,968,509.00
* Newspapers Allowance (50% of B.S) - N1,242,122.70
* Wardrobe Allowance (25% of B.S) - N621,061.37
* Recess Allowance (10% of B.S) - N248,424.55
* Accommodation (200% of B.S) - N4,968,509.00
* Utilities (30% of B.S) - N828,081.83
* Domestic Staff (70% of B.S) - N1,863,184.12
* Entertainment (30% of B.S) - N828,081.83
* Personal Assistants (25% of B.S) - N621,061.12
* Vehicle Maintenance Allowance (75% of B.S) - N1,863,184.12
* Leave Allowance (10% of B.S) - N248,424.55
* Severance Gratuity (300% of B.S) - N7,452,736.50
* Car Allowance (400% of B.S) - N9,936,982.00
* TOTAL MONTHLY SALARY = N29,479,749.00
I think the poster has this a bit wrong.
Some of the figures are annual amounts not monthly amounts.
For instance, Leave Allowance is once a year (you go on leave once a year) , Car allowance is perhaps every 2-3 years (they don't renew their cars every month) , Severance Gratuity is 1 time only (when they leave the senate), accommodation in once a year (the don't pay rent every month) and so on and so forth.

Thank you. I noticed the same things.
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by kechywillz(m): 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Buhari,dis is one of the reasons nigerians voted u,u must tackle dis one by hook,line and sinker,if u are able to reduce the much allowances and cut the salaries of dos senatheives,we will justify u according to ur deeds
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by isalegan2: 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
Sagamite:

To be frank this is utter rubbish by the author.

If you are going to make a protest against something, at least understand it and/or don't lie about it.

It is quite completely idiotic for anyone to put "severance gratuity" as part of the legislator's "salary". Grammar is obviously that person's problems.

Severance gratuity is paid only when the legislator is voted out, not while he or she is a serving legislator.

Secondly, many of the so-called "salary" there are expenses being monetised. How can "Car allowance" be termed as salary?

Are you saying legislators from Biu or Sapele should be funding his cost of movement and accommodation in Abuja from his own pocket?

How can anyone include such as part of "salary"? Very idiotic.

The car allowance is only paid once every 4 years.

If you are going to compare, then compare like-for-like to get an objective assessment to criticise.

While the average cost of personnel given to a Nigeria senator is about N1.5m (Less than $10,000), the award for personnel to a US Senator is $977,671.

https://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.cfm?pid=%270E%2C*PL[%3D%23P%20%20%0A

The average annual allowance paid to or claimed by a US Senator is $1.2m, so how can anyone be so stupid to be comparing the $174K salary of a US Senator to the salary and ENTIRE allowance of a Nigerian Senator.

If you want to compare LfL with US Senator, then you will be comparing with $1.3m salary plus allowance of a US Senator.

In the UK, allowances that can be claimed for Personnel is £137,000 (about $220,000) per year. The average overall expenses claimed per year by a UK MP will be about £150,000 (about $240,000).

All these exclude the UK and US severance gratuity and pensions. I don't know if Nigerian Senators get a pension.

Cutting through all this bullshyt and junk by the incompetent and moronic author. The only payments I can attribute to a Nigerian Senator as salary (and hidden salary) are:

Depending on the number of recesses that the Nigerian Senate has, it appears their annual pay would be less than $50,000 per year.

That is the basis of the argument about salary. That is where we argue "is that right"?

Secondly is to assess whether the allowance (of about $41K per annum) being paid is excessive.

I don't know how the fuuktard author decided to calculate "annual pay and allowances" as "monthly salary".

Sagamite - Shagamu Babalawo - making sense for once! shocked grin
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by Uncleodi(m): 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by iukpe: 6:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
Can someone explain to me why any senator should earn above N2m a month?
I have no issues with allowances and loans anyway. But if someone talks about monetization of expense, I know every senator ensures they claim such money when due therefore its paid.

We need to reverse this trend and develop our society and country first. N200m or N300m per senator in Nigeria X total number of senators is just an over-key.
From presidency to Councillor, this should all drop. I will go in and serve my people with nothing if anyone thinks the money is not ok for them. Lets see who will drop their mandate because of money. Nigerians have dropped their lives waiting for electricity, water, security, jobs etc for years and people will want to be rich out of political office.

This call s for CHANGE!!!!
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by iukpe: 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Sagamite:

If you are going to make a protest against something, at least understand it and/or don't lie about it.

It is quite completely idiotic for anyone to put "severance gratuity" as part of the legislator's "salary". Grammar is obviously that person's problems.

Severance gratuity is paid only when the legislator is voted out, not while he or she is a serving legislator.

Secondly, many of the so-called "salary" there are expenses being monetised. How can "Car allowance" be termed as salary?

Are you saying legislators from Biu or Sapele should be funding his cost of movement and accommodation in Abuja from his own pocket?

If you are going to compare, then compare like-for-like to get an objective assessment to criticise.

While the average cost of personnel given to a Nigeria senator is about N1.5m (Less than $10,000), the award for personnel to a US Senator is $977,671.

https://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.cfm?pid=%270E%2C*PL[%3D%23P%20%20%0A

The average annual allowance paid to or claimed by a US Senator is $1.2m, so how can anyone be so stupid to be comparing the $174K salary of a US Senator to the salary and ENTIRE allowance of a Nigerian Senator.

If you want to compare LfL with US Senator, then you will be comparing with $1.3m salary plus allowance of a US Senator.

In the UK, allowances that can be claimed for Personnel is £137,000 (about $220,000) per year. The average overall expenses claimed per year by a UK MP will be about £150,000 (about $240,000).

All these exclude the UK and US severance gratuity and pensions. I don't know if Nigerian Senators get a pension.

Cutting through all this bullshyt and junk by the incompetent and moronic author. The only payments I can attribute to a Nigerian Senator as salary (and hidden salary) are:

Depending on the number of recesses that the Nigerian Senate has, it appears their annual pay would be less than $50,000 per year.

That is the basis of the argument about salary. That is where we argue "is that right"?

Secondly is to assess whether the allowance (of about $41K per annum) being paid is excessive.

I don't know how the fuuktard author decided to calculate "annual pay and allowances" as "monthly salary".

I would rather we give more money to doctors, teachers or policemen when we cut all this down.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by utuk: 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jesus Christ of NAzareth
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by Sagamite(m): 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
iukpe:

I would rather we give more money to doctors, teachers or policemen when we cut all this down.

Then you will have to think carefully if the legislators would be able to carry out their functions with what you give to them.

For example, they need personal assistants to organise their day and paperwork. Even to help conduct research on laws and formulating bills.

The currently have N55K per month to pay anyone for this job.

How many smart people would be willing to work for that as their salary in Abuja?

And if you cut it further, how will that impact the quality?

So you will have to think carefully about what you cut and does it make sense.
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by GentleFrank(m): 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Wow! That is "too much" salary for them. Any way, every man is condemned by life to his or her own fate. You must not be a senator to make it big in life.
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by dray01(m): 7:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
No wonder this people no wan leave Abuja again...watch out for my fliers me self go report to Abuja.
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by JustCare: 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
emog17:
We can start internet revolution. Let the whole world see what our so-called leaders are doing to us.
yes! from the internet to Abuja.
what do you think?
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by iukpe: 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
Sagamite:

Then you will have to think carefully if the legislators would be able to carry out their functions with what you give to them.

For example, they need personal assistants to orgaise their day and paperwork. Even to help conduct research on laws and formulating bills.

The currently have N55K per month to pay anyone for this job.

How many smart people would be willing to work for that as their salary in Abuja?

And if you cut it further, how will that impact the quality?

So you will have to think carefully about what you cut and does it make sense.

yea, I do agree with you but I think we have to look at just what is necessary here to get the Job done. My brother with the number of people roaming the streets today, and more people joining the poverty list, its hard to comprehend the reality in all this. I wish the legislators worked harder to improve the lives of people and develop our society, Nigerians would give it all to them, we have a good society, patient and hopeful people, but time has run out for many who have waited for change for so long. This is the truth.
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by okpanachil: 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
Sagamite:

And why are you insulting the OP all because he got his facts wrong abi u be Abuja legislator or a family member of one?The kind of derogatory words you have used for the OP leaves more to be desired from you.

If there are errors in his/her claim you point it out. Insulting him/her over and over again doesnt validate your point.

A few days ago you were running GEJ (your president) down on this forum with both lies,half truths and truths.How would you have felt,if someone took you on and used some of the words u just used for the OP?

Please lets be more matured/sensible in our approach to issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by Sagamite(m): 9:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
okpanachil:

And why are you insulting the OP all because he got his facts wrong abi u be Abuja legislator or a family member of one?The kind of derogatory words you have used for the OP leaves more to be desired from you.

If there are errors in his/her claim you point it out. Insulting him/her over and over again doesnt validate your point.

A few days ago you were running GEJ (your president) down on this forum with both lies,half truths and truths.How would you have felt,if someone took you on and used some of the words u just used for the OP?

Please lets be more matured/sensible in our approach to issues.

Please I challenge you to point out the lies and half truths I made against GEJ.

I wait.

As per OP, I have no clue if he is the author or not. He could have copied and paste. What I know is that whoever the author is, the author is a complete foool. They need to learn the saying: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt..
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
iukpe:

yea, I do agree with you but I think we have to look at just what is necessary here to get the Job done. My brother with the number of people roaming the streets today, and more people joining the poverty list, its hard to comprehend the reality in all this. I wish the legislators worked harder to improve the lives of people and develop our society, Nigerians would give it all to them, we have a good society, patient and hopeful people, but time has run out for many who have waited for change for so long. This is the truth.

Exactly what I think the debate should be on.

Not the sensational misinformation the author attempted where annual pay is claimed to be monthly pay.
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by pryme(m): 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Sagamite:

Exactly what I think the debate should be on.

Not the sensational misinformation the author attempted where annual pay is claimed to be monthly pay.

did the professor that taught you in school required a P.A? do you think most of this Senators have a clue? time after time most Senators are caught "sleeping" with the sitting is in Session. You say they need P.As to help them research. So now the formulation of law is being outsourced? that's very good, it shows how hard working our Senators are. I won't have answered you if did not say their P.As help them in their research to formulate laws. all this rubbish can only exist in Nigeria.

in an ideal world this country would not exist
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by istorenig(f): 11:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
There is God
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by chocolateme(f): 12:21am On Apr 08, 2015
Sagamite:

Please I challenge you to point out the lies and half truths I made against GEJ.

I wait.

As per OP, I have no clue if he is the author or not. He could have copied and paste. What I know is that whoever the author is, the author is a complete foool. They need to learn the saying: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt..
been sarcastic in your choice of words on op, the author or Sagamite is totally uncalled for, u are not the only one that antagonized this write up. U don't need to drive your message home by using those fowl languages. No one is a fool because you may never know the level of your own foolishness in the sight of those you don't know. Even if you want to make it clear that you dont join the crowd, then man up to it. Those choice of words won't earn you respect here with close to 40,000 viewers or you could as well as have cursed under your breath and desisted from posting anything at all.
In regards to the topic at hand, I charge you to challenge Sagamite and the author but you have to create your own thread for it in order to be so obvious to viewers, here is too hidden.
No disrespect sir thanks.
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by yenum10: 4:41am On Apr 08, 2015
hmmmm let buhari bring the change by reducing these by 90% for a start .with these kind of xpenses how can our reserves grow??
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by bejick(m): 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
i said it not the execthieves that is our problem but this legislathieves cos the game of number. they have run this country dry. jus waiting for buhari to give us all the promise he made during campaign cos action should speak louder than voice. let him start with 1N to 1dollar. i want to buy Bugatti for 300,000 dollar=300,000naira
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by Dele010: 9:19am On Apr 09, 2015
Mars88:
And y'all still dont know what the real problem of Nigeria is!

The real problem of Nigeria is oblivious Nigerian
Re: This Is Why Everybody Wants To Be In Abuja, View This Salary Breakdown,. by harbeebski(m): 12:03am On Feb 07, 2021
jcmaiah:
Seriously, if buhari can cut down on this I will know he means business.
However, I am really anxious for that 1$-1N matter. I want to experience the magic big time.
and we've all see the magic��

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan With The Son Of Martin Luther King Jr / Kiki Osinbajo Wears Braces (Photos) / The Moment Peter Obi And His Wife Arrived At The Venue Of The Benue State Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.