Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,607 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed - Jobs/Vacancies (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed (245772 Views)

These 4 Online Jobs Can Make A Nigerian Unemployed Graduate Rich / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates / Please Help Other Find A Job. Post Job Vacancy Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by geedimple(f): 7:42am On Jul 27, 2015
ojmaroni247:
Dude dis ur job advert is funny,no proper address of the company,de requirements seems like the HR..is nt sure of what exactly he/she is luking for,also no company email. (quote author=tojahh post=36301920]Vacancies exist in an Oil servicing coy based in PH
Candidates must possess the following:
*28-30yrs old
*HSE certified
*Coren certified (very important)
*1-2yrs experience in wielding, piping and gauging technique or in other engineering field.
*B.Sc in Civil, Electrical, mechanical, petroleum or chemical engineering.

Contact. SIL Consultants
Dabo house. Port-harcourt
Send cv to edomobi@gmail.com
Offer closes 31st July 2015.
pls house, is CIPMN certificate accepted by companies?
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by geedimple(f): 7:44am On Jul 27, 2015
tojahh:
Bros, you make me laugh. Anyway shows you're good with observations. Meanwhile, these where the specs I was given by my brother who works there. I only thought I could help. You don't expect me to give you his official mail add nau or phone digit, atleast your observatory mind could detect this is an insider job thing.

Kudos bro, I really admire your challenge.
pls I want know if employers accepts CIPMN certificate.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Treash(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2015
Good morning friends. Please i wish to apply for a work here in Nigeria. I finished from University of Ilorin,with a Second Class Lower Division in Law degree,then recently called to Bar in 2014. I work with Agbakor, Antom and Associate, Benue State where i currently secure my work experience, though under NYSC which wl be completed in few weeks time. In view of this, i wish to work with any company, firm or bank where my service would be needed.
Please kindly refer to my E-mail on ay4u888@gmail.com or 08068088866 for a copy of my C.V.
Thank u for your attention.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Pifot: 9:55am On Jul 29, 2015
We will go places
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
daniella04:
I need someone to assist me. I have a friend who has been working as an accountant for five years she is very good just qualified in this recent ICAN exam she took, the problem is that she isn't well appreciated in her job so she is taking the frustration out on us her friends will be grateful if anyone can help her out for a better place. Thanks all
Location.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by stlarry001(m): 5:47am On Aug 09, 2015
Good day house.
Am a graduate of Abia state university and I studied business management (2.1) presently running off my m.sc programme with university of uyo. would love to work with any good organisation either in akwa ibom or portharcourt.
am a chartered member institute of strategic management Nigeria and I have had some lecturing experience.
I can be reached on 08086637377 or mail larrymontana63@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by ayokanmi3(m): 9:33am On Aug 09, 2015
Hello house....
I hold a biochemistry first degree from FUNAAB, Ogun state and currently undergoing my MSc in Pharmacology from UNILAG.. I have passion for community works and out reaches and hence I will like to work in a social organization(like NGO's or NPO's organizations). A recipient of NYSC state honors award Edo state for the personal community projects I executed during my service year. Have also volunteered with several organizations like Gemstone, Dara foundation, fate foundation e.t.c.. Reach me on 07063944643 or ayokanmioyeyemi@gmail.com for a copy of my resume or link-up.
Thanks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by daniella04: 12:58am On Aug 12, 2015
artisticallyart:
Location.
Lagos
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by qubie(m): 8:55am On Aug 12, 2015
I'm a serving corper in River state. I'm desperately in need of home lessons in port harcourt. Clickonqubie@gmail.com
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by qubie(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2015
Icon4s:
I am a Geologist currently working in the Oil and Gas sector.

The period of job search is always the most challenging and trying time for young people particularly young men.

I give Glory to God for where I am today. But each time i look back and remember all my sufferings and challenges it just seems like a dream.

Infact i almost lost relevance even in my father's house bc i had no job so i had no say.
Even when i got a job bt bc the pay was little, i still felt miserable.

But something kept me going: My high self esteem and self worth

I graduated with a 2:1 in Geology abt 12yrs ago.
I prepared my CV immediately i got my statement of result before going for NYSC. I had d hope of securing a job before finishing NYSC.
I started practising GMAT and GRE immidiately i finished project defence while awaiting NYSC.

I used the whole of NYSC period to prepare for my job search. I believed i was so good and was bubbling with high hopes and expectations Cos i was scoring very high in the practise test questions.Infact i applied for jobs during NYSC and wrote NNPC and Shell tests bt was nt succesful (my first encounter with reality on ground).

I came out of NYSC without securing any jobs unlike what i expected. I started sending cv to different companies as they advertised. I wrote Oceanic bank, Diamond bank, UBA and was nt succesful though i got to d interview stage in 2 of them.

My first ever job came as a miracle at Accessbank. I was lying down thinking abt my life when my university class mate called me to come to Accessbank Toyin street Ikeja that they are looking for adhoc staff. I arrived their in no time. I got the offer and also contacted some of my other comrades in the struggle hu also got it.

It was a 1month job.The news of my bank job spread among my extended family and church members like wild fire. Though i didnt tell them it was a 1month contract job.We were paid off at month end and i was back home and hidding from people so they wont ask y i didnt go to work.

Next day i went to visit my girl friend (my wife today). I was still in her place when i received a phone call inviting me for an aptitude test and interview at an Oil Servicng company i sent my application to abt 2 months earlier. They actually requested for minimum of 2yrs experience bt i still applied without experience. I got the job! It was my first break through.

Employed as a trainee in 2005 with a gross salary of 33K was nt so bad to start with. Banks were paying GTs 40-70K then.

I knew my worth. I knew i was worth more than that. I now limited my application to major Oil and Gas companies. I wrote Elf test, didnt scale through the test stage. I wrote Shell and got to the interview stage. I wrote NNPC and got the job. Shell put me on stand-by but no message from them till date not even a regret mail.

I still work with the NNPC till date and not regretting it.

So job seekers know ur worth, prepare well and keep pressing.

tanks boss! U just inspired alot of us that believes in the saying, 'hardwork pays'. I'm a serving corper in Rivers state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by engrrichie92(m): 10:00am On Aug 12, 2015
gantic:
A thread definitely worth posting in.
I get bothered when I read job seeker comments on Nairaland, there is always an underlying "you need to have connection to get a job". That mind set gets people lazy....starting from their CVs', couple of times I have gotten CVs of job seekers asking for help, I make comments and ask them to update and they never come back. I'm sure their mindset is "abeg, help me if you want Jo".
Next, how would you walk into an interview without being ready, spend time praying for favor and also spend time preparing for interviews, interviews are more scientific than luck based when you are well prepared.
I work in a prime oil and gas firm, like 4 were selected in pbly like 5000 that took the test, the general consensus at the test venue was "all Na fake, aw many would they take", deep in my mind, I kept saying to myself, until God says no, I wont say no...lesson, don't bother going if you are convinced the job cant be yours, positivity does not hurt.
I didn't know anyone, I got the job....truth is the very best jobs in Nigeria are given to the very best hands, those jobs are too high profiled to be peddled via connections.
Be the best at all you do, academics (it does not hurt to get a first class), treat every job test like a last opportunity, every interview should be prepared for with every ounce of research. And for each job on the way to the dream job, sink your all to it.
Anybody who preaches shortcuts ain't been real, the easiest way to the dream career is hard work from the first university course you take, and forget what they all say, hardwork still pays in Nigeria

i really hope you get this on time... dont really know how to use this nairaland's pm, so not sure you got the pm; please i need your help and mentorship sir...from my cv review to how to get prepared for interview...please sir, i await your response. thanks

1 Like

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by engrrichie92(m): 10:09am On Aug 12, 2015
bmdflo:
I recently graduated with a 2:1 in mechanical engineering, i did my 6 month I.t in marine field, i was exposed to basic ship's maintenance works, CPP and fixed propeller, the O.D box and the ship propulsion system as a whole, aside this, i've got some computer based skills.....can effectively handle solidworks, autocad, pro-e and matlab to an extent, coupled with some skills in data analysis using SPSS and Excel. currently, i do installation, repair and maintenance of inverter and solar systems, but i actually want to explore the world of mechanical engineering.
i dont mind volunteer job or better still an internship program
bamideleadekanye@gmail.com

you dont need a Job sir, you have all it takes to create one...i really wish i knew what you know, and i wont bother myself submitting CVS but proposals.. Think about it sir!

Business Proposal: You could teach me some of this things especially the autocad (electrical design) and design and installation of inverter and with my help and the little connections have got, we are on her way to creating Jobs for thousands...what ya say?(mrbizguy6736@gmail.com)

2 Likes

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by vhw2014: 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
If you know someone who lives in lagos< Let them know Uber is offering free rides to interviews.
Find out more here http://startupnigeria.net/pushcv-and-uber-offer-free-rides-to-job-seekers/
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by vhw2014: 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
An organization needs the services of a writer. You must be conversant with wordpress, be familiar with writing business documents and tech related articles. You should also be a resident of Port Harcourt. It is for a non-profit organization so dont expect too much pay. PM me if interested.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Icon4s(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
qubie:

tanks boss! U just inspired alot of us that believes in the saying, 'hardwork pays'. I'm a serving corper in Rivers state.

Sure my brother. Hard work pays. Successes achieved through hard work are usually more sustainable and long lasting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
Good Day Nairalanders

I am an Instrument and Automation Engineer…I Studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I believe that there are people here who can help me with a job, people of influence. I have heard how people got job via Nairaland and I tap into their testimony. I may never know where this effort will reach, but try I must. While this may appear a little bit awkward, I am fully aware that most jobs in my Profession are not primarily advertised publicly, but many times through proper networking channels i.e. Word-of-Mouth. So I want to use this medium to ask those who work in related field as I do, and as well as those who may not necessarily be in such departments within their Organisation but their company require Engineers who are skilled in Instrumentation and Automation systems. I am very available to work at any location.

I have in-depth understanding of programming of Different PLCs: ALLEN BRADLEY MICROLOGIX 1400, Delta DVP EX2, SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300, ABB 07KR51, GE-FANUC VERSAMAX, OMRON, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC TWIDO and Interfacing with various Control Devices and other third Party devices. I am also skilled in Programming of Honeywell, Delta V and ABB DCS, use of 475 Field HART Communicator, Pressure Calibrator, Temperature Calibrator, Multi-Function Calibrator etc. I am also familiar with the use different test equipment: HART, DEAD WEIGHT TESTER, overhauling and calibration of control valves and reading and interpretation of P & ID, Electrical Diagrams. I also have experience in teaching and evaluating trainees on the basic principles of Electrical Instrumentation and Control.

So I know the value I will be bringing to my organisation. It has taken me considerable investment in time and money to learn. I have attended trainings in Nigeria and also gone to India to acquire these skills. The industry sector opportunities mainly comprise careers related to continuous operating plants for the following: Chemicals, agrochemicals, petrochemicals, fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, cement, paper, polymers, petroleum refining, power generation, oil and gas fields (onshore and offshore), industrial and scientific gas production, pharmaceuticals, breweries, distilleries, food production, processing and beverages, iron, steel and other metal refining companies, textiles and yarn. My job will be as a part of the company that designs these plants, constructs these plants, maintains these plants, sells or services instrumentation and controls for these plants.

Some private companies are designated EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) companies. Their construction group does installation and commissioning or in some cases also maintenance. Also there are many other companies only doing construction and installation. My work will include designing Instrumentation and control systems for various process equipment, preparing process and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) and selecting the best instrument, control and/or automation technique from amongst different vendors to suit the process.
Remember, however small any job may be, I see to it that I do it; I also keep my mind open for bigger opportunities. I am not sitting idle searching for my dream job. I want to work on new and emerging engineering frontiers.

For those still searching for job opportunities do not stop developing yourself. Save money for opportunities to do some core trainings in the areas you see you seek career progression. It is only those who are prepared that will seize opportunities in their moments. Be rest assured, opportunities will come. Just be prepared. How do I know this? Because when I did not have these skills, opportunities came and I was not prepared. So I acquired them and just recently, I returned from India for the purpose of continued professional development. Use the power of the internet to develop yourself. Do not get rusty. There are very good resources online.

Finally, Nigeria is woefully inadequate in terms of providing these training opportunities to young graduate professionals with the necessary skills to improve their employability. There are very few well-equipped training centers in the Country that can adequately impact these skills to students. More so, they are very expensive for our young professionals to afford. However, find the skills you need, and excellently strive to acquire them.

Please kindly reach out if you want to talk Instrumentation, Automation, or seeking to find new talents for your organisation, business…and also if you love The Arsenal.

Please reach me at leonard.Omofomah(at)gmail.com. Please note the '(at)' represents the usual '@' symbol.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
engrrichie92:

you dont need a Job sir, you have all it takes to create one...i really wish i knew what you know, and i wont bother myself submitting CVS but proposals.. Think about it sir!

Business Proposal: You could teach me some of this things especially the autocad (electrical design) and design and installation of inverter and with my help and the little connections have got, we are on her way to creating Jobs for thousands...what ya say?(mrbizguy6736@gmail.com)
I'll send you a mail, let see how far we can go
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by jpride(m): 11:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
I'm a 2.2 graduate of Building Technology.. I've experience in building design and construction, marketing and customer services. Presently i'm in Delta state. I really need a job in any field, as long as it gives me opportunity to grow in that field. My email is jerryokpeh@gmail.com...
Phone: 07036728499....
I anticipate a helping heart
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by engrrichie92(m): 7:13am On Aug 13, 2015
bmdflo:
I'll send you a mail, let see how far we can go
waiting
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by sead(f): 8:59am On Aug 13, 2015
I am a graduate of Economics presently working as a Personal Assistant but I dont feel fulfilled. My dream career path is in Human Resources that is why I decided to run a professional course in Human Resources(CIPM). By the grace of God I should be writing Intermediate II exams next week.
I am presently based in Lagos...any job in HR, I am so interested...
my email: stelladioru@yahoo.com

and the person that asked if CIPMN is recognized in Nigeria....yes, it is

1 Like

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by ibromish(m): 9:47am On Aug 13, 2015
MegaMindSet:
Good Day Nairalanders

" I have in-depth understanding of programming of Different PLCs: ALLEN BRADLEY MICROLOGIX 1400, Delta DVP EX2, SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300, ABB 07KR51, GE-FANUC VERSAMAX, OMRON, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC TWIDO and Interfacing with various Control Devices and other third Party devices. I am also skilled in Programming of Honeywell, Delta V and ABB DCS, use of 475 Field HART Communicator, Pressure Calibrator, Temperature Calibrator, Multi-Function Calibrator etc. I am also familiar with the use different test equipment: HART, DEAD WEIGHT TESTER, overhauling and calibration of control valves and reading and interpretation of P & ID, Electrical Diagrams. I also have experience in teaching and evaluating trainees on the basic principles of Electrical Instrumentation and Control..."

MegaMindSet... How would you want to be reached?
No contact details, No price tag... How will people negotiate for your products.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 13, 2015
ibromish:

MegaMindSet... How would you want to be reached?
No contact details, No price tag... How will people negotiate for your products.

Good day Ibromish.

Well, I am not selling any Product but willing to work or join any project. I edit the post again to display contact details. Please reach me at leonard.Omofomah(at)gmail.com. Please note the '(at)' represents the usual '@' symbol. thank you.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
I'm desperately in need of job. I'm a 2.1 Philosophy graduate of UI. I've spent all the money I saved up after nysc on job search;but to no avail. Presently;I'm depressed. Pls nairalanders assist me!!!!!Thanks in anticipation.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Sunnypar(m): 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
Rachbee:
I'm desperately in need of job. I'm a 2.1 Philosophy graduate of UI. I've spent all the money I saved up after nysc on job search;but to no avail. Presently;I'm depressed. Pls nairalanders assist me!!!!!Thanks in anticipation.
Run to the closet schools around and drop your CV and I'd you are yet to get a reply in a week move to other locations and do same thing.

1 Like

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
memyselfni555:
customer service job in asaba to
apply send cv to logisticsasaba@gmail.com with your functional phone number as subject of the mail
just saw this now..am new here..do u fink I can stil apply?
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by gantic: 5:54am On Aug 14, 2015
engrrichie92:

i really hope you get this on time... dont really know how to use this nairaland's pm, so not sure you got the pm; please i need your help and mentorship sir...from my cv review to how to get prepared for interview...please sir, i await your response. thanks

Dropped a message for you.....
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by timmyblast(m): 7:10am On Aug 14, 2015
Am 2:2 Computer Science graduate. I have worked as a customer care representative in a MLM company in Lagos. *Skills. - I learn at a very fast rate. - work efficiently with less supervision. - am innovative. *Duties. - Enrolling marketers Via the company's website. - correction of misspelled names, email address. - creating personal webpage for the marketer. - picking calls to resolve problems of the marketer via the telephone line. Thanks. Am seriously in need of job, cos I'm tired of my predicament. God bless you as you help a brother...
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Samtobh(m): 11:30am On Aug 14, 2015
ROAD MECHANISMS LIMITED is a top-class Automotive Service Company which specializes in professional and digital maintenance and repair of vehicles with supply of spare parts. Some of our services include Comprehensive Vehicle On-Board Diagnosis (OBD), Computerized Scanning, Manual Engine and Suspension Check, Mechanical and Electrical Vehicle Repair, Technical and Consultancy Services, Complete Wheels, Tire and Suspension check, Scratch Removal and General Body Wax. Join us and you’ll be so amazed by our fast growing and limitless possibilities. With the rapid growth of global business, we're seeking for the talents who want to develop the expertise and customize the career path with passion. Here, you can balance your career life and personal time with flexibility, cultivate your expertise and re-develop yourself.

We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Job Description

Good understanding of overall marketing functions, you are required to have strong brand understanding and business sense, your duty will focus on developing trade marketing strategies and media execution plans, to increase brand awareness, improve the brand presence and image effectively.
Responsibilities
The ideal candidate shall be responsible for planning and executing marketing strategies to generate new prospects and improve client retention. Others are listed below:

• Devise marketing campaigns with the goal of increasing product awareness and increasing sales and profits.
• Plan, organize, and execute marketing and sales programs.
• Act as the point persons for outside, inside and partner sales teams.
• Track market and company sales performance.
• Work closely with marketing teams to create programs.
• Generate leads and drive sales.
• Gather and report customer intelligence to sales teams.
• Develop marketing plans.
• Manage vendor contracts.
• Support all company initiatives, give actionable feedback, share best practices and serve as advocate and information source for company.
• Manage marketing budgets.
• Attend trade shows and events to market product.
• Improve forecast performance of business through thorough understanding of underlying demand assumptions.
• Keep abreast of industry trends, competition, and new opportunities.
• Develop understanding of product line and value chain
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor or above with major in marketing or other related disciplines
• Minimum 3 years management experience or preferably in retailing of telecom and service related industry.
• Fully aware of the mobile industry and competitor business, and you have a sound understanding of retail business/ environment.
• Excellent Negotiation skills, Training & coaching skill.
• Able to work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
Not Specified.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should a detailed CV and cover letter to: roadmech@ymail.com or headofsales.roadmech@gmail.com
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by timmyblast(m): 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
Am 2:2 Computer Science graduate. I have worked as a customer care representative in a MLM company in Lagos. *Skills. - I learn at a very fast rate. - work efficiently with less supervision. - am innovative. *Duties. - Enrolling marketers Via the company's website. - correction of misspelled names, email address. - creating personal webpage for the marketer. - picking calls to resolve problems of the marketer via the telephone line. Thanks. Am seriously in need of job, cos I'm tired of my predicament. God bless you as you help a brother... Please I can be reach via: timothyblast2000@yahoo.com
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Sunnypar(m): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
A look at the pros and cons of an office romance
Ahh, Monday morning; that annoying time to get up early, schlep into the office and get back to the stresses of the job. Who looks forward to that? An office romance may make Monday mornings easier and more fun. But is adding a bit of excitement to your work life worth the risk?
Romance in the Workplace – The Good
These days, people spend the bulk of their time at work, which makes the temptation to start an office romance strong. After all, these are the people you see every day. You have a lot in common with them. When you spend this much time with someone, you get to know them on an intimate, day-to-day level. You get a feel for their intelligence, personality and ethic and this can create a type of chemistry that could lead to something more.
Another draw of getting involved with a co-worker is the excitement coupled with the “safety" of dating somebody you've already gotten to know considered safer than trying to meet someone in clubs, bars, etc. Once the romance starts, it can be very exciting “pretending" to your colleagues that you're not dating.
Romance in the Workplace – The Bad
There are also a lot of “cons" to dating your co-worker. The most common one being, if it doesn't work out, you still have to see your ex and work with him or her every day. This is especially hard on the person who didn't want the relationship to end. This type of situation can lead to poor performance, increased absenteeism, workplace drama and a possible hostile work environment.
Also, workplace romance rarely, if ever, stays between two people. Soon the rumour gets started and it's everybody's business. Now your love life is the subject of gossip around the water cooler and all eyes are on you and the person you're dating. Relationships need time to grow between just two people before being brought out into the open. Constant scrutiny can drive a quick wedge between you.
Romance in the Workplace – The Ugly
Aside from creating a tense office environment, having an office romance can also lead to potential legal consequences. For example, if one party wants to end the relationship but the other one doesn't, a sexual harassment claim may come up. Romances gone wrong can lead to workplace violence.
Remember this; just because you work with somebody doesn't mean you really know them. The person you're dating may have a serious mental illness or some type of emotional instability you're not aware of. The closeness and intimacy of a romantic relationship and the subsequent loss of this relationship could trigger a sudden and violent response.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by erubamidele(m): 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
Icon4s:
I am a Geologist currently working in the Oil and Gas sector.

The period of job search is always the most challenging and trying time for young people particularly young men.

I give Glory to God for where I am today. But each time i look back and remember all my sufferings and challenges it just seems like a dream.

Infact i almost lost relevance even in my father's house bc i had no job so i had no say.
Even when i got a job bt bc the pay was little, i still felt miserable.

But something kept me going: My high self esteem and self worth

I graduated with a 2:1 in Geology abt 12yrs ago.
I prepared my CV immediately i got my statement of result before going for NYSC. I had d hope of securing a job before finishing NYSC.
I started practising GMAT and GRE immidiately i finished project defence while awaiting NYSC.

I used the whole of NYSC period to prepare for my job search. I believed i was so good and was bubbling with high hopes and expectations Cos i was scoring very high in the practise test questions.Infact i applied for jobs during NYSC and wrote NNPC and Shell tests bt was nt succesful (my first encounter with reality on ground).

I came out of NYSC without securing any jobs unlike what i expected. I started sending cv to different companies as they advertised. I wrote Oceanic bank, Diamond bank, UBA and was nt succesful though i got to d interview stage in 2 of them.

My first ever job came as a miracle at Accessbank. I was lying down thinking abt my life when my university class mate called me to come to Accessbank Toyin street Ikeja that they are looking for adhoc staff. I arrived their in no time. I got the offer and also contacted some of my other comrades in the struggle hu also got it.

It was a 1month job.The news of my bank job spread among my extended family and church members like wild fire. Though i didnt tell them it was a 1month contract job.We were paid off at month end and i was back home and hidding from people so they wont ask y i didnt go to work.

Next day i went to visit my girl friend (my wife today). I was still in her place when i received a phone call inviting me for an aptitude test and interview at an Oil Servicng company i sent my application to abt 2 months earlier. They actually requested for minimum of 2yrs experience bt i still applied without experience. I got the job! It was my first break through.

Employed as a trainee in 2005 with a gross salary of 33K was nt so bad to start with. Banks were paying GTs 40-70K then.

I knew my worth. I knew i was worth more than that. I now limited my application to major Oil and Gas companies. I wrote Elf test, didnt scale through the test stage. I wrote Shell and got to the interview stage. I wrote NNPC and got the job. Shell put me on stand-by but no message from them till date not even a regret mail.

I still work with the NNPC till date and not regretting it.

So job seekers know ur worth, prepare well and keep pressing.

Nice one brother. I believe in miracle

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (96) (Reply)

Sterling Bank Online Test / Where Do Science Laboratory Technology Graduates Work? / Heritage Bank Aptitude Test On April 13, 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.