Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ (3337 Views)

Remi Tinubu Splashes N75 Million To Drag Me Down - Senator Dino Melaye Says / Aisha Buhari To Drag Fayose To Court If He Fails To Retract His Statements / Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Dreambeat: 11:36am On Apr 07, 2015
By Austin Ogwuda, Enugu
SON of former governor of old Anambra State, Chief C.C Onoh, Dr. Josef Onoh has vowed to drag the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu to the International Criminal Court of Justice, ICC over his alleged statement in which he warned that any Igbo resident in his domain who dares to vote against the governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Akinwunmi Ambode in Saturday’s poll in Lagos will die.
Onoh, reacting to the threat, described the Oba’s utterance as “a grievous incitement against the Igbos in Lagos”.
According to him, “let it be known that whether Oba Akilou’s threat come to fruition or not, I have concluded to take him to the ICC where he will keep company to the like Charles Taylor and answer to human right charges that will be preferred against him”.
He stated that Oba Akiolu by his treat of sinking Ndigbo into the lagoon if they vote against APC in the April 11governorship election for Lagos State and “inflammatory comment” that should be condemned.
He therefore urged his fellow Igbo brothers and sisters to exercise their fundamental right and vote for whom they want irrespective of the threat.
“I urge all Lagosians and indeed the entire Nigerians to come out in mass on Saturday to vote for candidates of their choice irrespective of party affiliation or tribe”, he stated. .
Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu was quoted as having warned that any Igbo resident who vote against the governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Akinwunmi Ambode in Saturday’s poll in Lagos will die.
Akiolu, who summoned all Eze Ndigbo in Lagos State to his palace on Sunday warned that he would not have anyone or Igbo men stop Ambode from becoming governor.
“On Saturday, if any one of you goes against Ambode who I picked, that is your end. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it’s not my father who gave birth to me.
“Jonathan is my son and I speak to him every day, by the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivided chair. The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future.
On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.
“I am not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi is my blood relation and I told him that he can never be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God.
I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere, if you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you, if you go against my wish, you will perish in the water,” he stated.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/i-am-ready-to-drag-oba-of-lagos-to-iccj/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by haywire1: 11:38am On Apr 07, 2015
I didn't expect Nigerians to take the words of Oba of lagos this serious becos he isn't a politician, a politician seeking votes wouldn't av talked d way Oba did.
Although I'm gonna vote for ambode but I believe Oba is an elderly person he should av canvassed and brainwashed them with sweet words on hw ambode will improve d igbo community in lagos.

Kindly forgive Oba of lagos and let's all come out in masses nd vote for your choice.

Plz kindly make Ambode ur choice, let's see hw APC federal govt will assist APC lagos govt for faster development.

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by ozoigbondu: 11:38am On Apr 07, 2015
ICC ko ICC ni

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by LubricatingOil: 11:40am On Apr 07, 2015
[s]
Dreambeat:
By Austin Ogwuda, Enugu
SON of former governor of old Anambra State, Chief C.C Onoh, Dr. Josef Onoh has vowed to drag the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu to the International Criminal Court of Justice, ICC over his alleged statement in which he warned that any Igbo resident in his domain who dares to vote against the governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Akinwunmi Ambode in Saturday’s poll in Lagos will die.
Onoh, reacting to the threat, described the Oba’s utterance as “a grievous incitement against the Igbos in Lagos”.
According to him, “let it be known that whether Oba Akilou’s threat come to fruition or not, I have concluded to take him to the ICC where he will keep company to the like Charles Taylor and answer to human right charges that will be preferred against him”.
He stated that Oba Akiolu by his treat of sinking Ndigbo into the lagoon if they vote against APC in the April 11governorship election for Lagos State and “inflammatory comment” that should be condemned.
He therefore urged his fellow Igbo brothers and sisters to exercise their fundamental right and vote for whom they want irrespective of the threat.
“I urge all Lagosians and indeed the entire Nigerians to come out in mass on Saturday to vote for candidates of their choice irrespective of party affiliation or tribe”, he stated. .
Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu was quoted as having warned that any Igbo resident who vote against the governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Akinwunmi Ambode in Saturday’s poll in Lagos will die.
Akiolu, who summoned all Eze Ndigbo in Lagos State to his palace on Sunday warned that he would not have anyone or Igbo men stop Ambode from becoming governor.
“On Saturday, if any one of you goes against Ambode who I picked, that is your end. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it’s not my father who gave birth to me.
“Jonathan is my son and I speak to him every day, by the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivided chair. The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future.
On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.
“I am not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi is my blood relation and I told him that he can never be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God.
I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere, if you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you, if you go against my wish, you will perish in the water,” he stated.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/i-am-ready-to-drag-oba-of-lagos-to-iccj/
[/s]

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by AgentMS: 11:43am On Apr 07, 2015
We shall also drag the whole of Anambra to ICC too.

This is the end of PDP in SW. They know we do not play with our culture and tradition and using some foreigners to dare insult it, definitely marks the end of the party in SW.

LP, SDP and AP can become the opposition parties and definitely not PDP again on this soil.

12 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 07, 2015
So will ICJ save you and your Ibos before and after been drowned?

You people lack wisdom right from time memorial and will continue to. A look at the modes operandi of ICJ gives a clear-cut unwilling involvement in matters bordering on non-economic issues. Issues along problems between ethnics are left to the concerned ethnics to deal with it themselves.

Maybe the man is foolish enough not to know why even ICJ is not even bordered with the Jos situation, talkless been bordered by some illegal immigrants who are not even native to Lagos.

Flat-headed clowns since 1966.

12 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by kay1one(m): 11:45am On Apr 07, 2015
Good!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by cana882(m): 11:49am On Apr 07, 2015
Dis is war in d making o...
God save Nigeria
Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by sinkhole: 11:49am On Apr 07, 2015
These people get mouth! Why not just bring the court surmmon instead of saying u "will". Ibos please stop willing and start acting.

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by kay1one(m): 11:51am On Apr 07, 2015
StBlack1:
So will ICJ save you and your Ibos before and after been drowned?

You people lack wisdom right from time memorial and will continue to. A look at the modes operandi of ICJ gives a clear-cut unwilling involvement in matters bordering on non-economic issues. Issues along problems between ethnics are left to the concerned ethnics to deal with it themselves.

Maybe the man is foolish enough not to know why even ICJ is not even bordered with the Jos situation, talkless been bordered by some illegal immigrants who are not even native to Lagos.

Flat-headed clowns since 1966.

Iti!

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by REDshouse(m): 11:52am On Apr 07, 2015
that will be so nice of you doing, after the icj have jailed the oba of lagos . your eze ndigbo will assume the post of oba of lagos. your people here in lagos will also be prisoners to yemejas inside the lagoon. all your substandard product will also follow suit..i will also thank you for developing our land cos i guess its high time we evict our old tenants ..igbo and accept new ones ...icj ko icc ni.....ode oponu ara galatia

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Kolade354(m): 11:53am On Apr 07, 2015
If OBA AKIOLU SHOULD KILL THAT STVPID BOY THAT WANT TO DRAG HIM TO COURT HIS FAMILY WILL JUST MOURN OVER HIM............OKU E SARAAAA

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by abduljabbar4(m): 11:54am On Apr 07, 2015
Drag the Yorubas Oba to ICC. They will kick you out of Lagos. Fools

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Rilwayne001: 11:54am On Apr 07, 2015
kay1one:
Good!

undecided flat head

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Rilwayne001: 11:57am On Apr 07, 2015
These igbo peeps are over stepping their boundary.

They will surely regret their actions.

10 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by kay1one(m): 11:57am On Apr 07, 2015
Rilwayne001:

undecided flat head

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by haywire1: 11:58am On Apr 07, 2015
Rilwayne001:

undecided flat head

hahahhahhahahaHaha grin, looking @ my igbo neighbour head now now, o'boy d head flat ooooo shocked shocked .

Igbo identity grin but one luv keeps us all together.

Peace

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Dannyset(m): 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
haywire1:
I didn't expect Nigerians to take the words of Oba of lagos this serious becos he isn't a politician, a politician seeking votes wouldn't av talked d way Oba did.
Although I'm gonna vote for ambode but I believe Oba is an elderly person he should av canvassed and brainwashed them with sweet words on hw ambode will improve d igbo community in lagos.

Kindly forgive Oba of lagos and let's all come out in masses nd vote for your choice.

Plz kindly make Ambode ur choice, let's see hw APC federal govt will assist APC lagos govt for faster development.

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Rilwayne001: 12:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
haywire1:

hahahhahhahahaHaha grin, looking @ my igbo neighbour head now now, o'boy d head flat ooooo shocked shocked .

Peace

Hehehe grin grin

#OneNigeria

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by ibedun: 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
ME AS A YORUBA MAN I WILL PERSONALLY FACE THE OBA IN THE PALACE IF NOTHING IS DONE NOW TO REIGN IN THE IBOS,.

THIS NONSENSE MUST NOT CONTINUE. IGBOS HAVE OVERSTEPPED THE MARK AND WE NEED TO GET MORE DIRECTION FROM OUR LEADERS.

IF THEY CANT ACCEPT OUR RULES THEY MUST LEAVE OUR LAND AND WE MUST NEUTRALISE THEIR BUSINESSES.

THE PROVOCATION COMING FROM THE IGBOS IS JUST MORE THAN ENOUGH NOW.

SIMPLE -

10 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by betapikin: 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
Quote from nairaland igbo guy..
The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.

When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. You might need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to note is that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we move into a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??

Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.

My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deserve this provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after the civil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!

What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign to reorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.

Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Ilekeh(f): 12:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
Before you do, let the ultimatum wear off na.

How many more hours to go?

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by ibedun: 12:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
haywire1:

Peace

THE MATTER AT HAND IS FAR MORE SERIOUS THAN THE SHAPE OF THEIR FLAT HEADS.

WE MUST BRUTALLY EXOCISE THAT HATRED AND BITTERNESS INSIDE THEM.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Firefire(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nigeria dancing at the gate of hell.

I remain neutral in this case, we already condemned the Oba's action, what else ? undecided
Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Stirer101: 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
Firefire:
Nigeria dancing at the gate of hell.

I remain neutral in this case, we already condemned the Oba's action, what else ? undecided

Omo yhibo, shebi you fla.tties are now threatening our king on our land, we shall see. You call us slaves and call our land no man's land, your end is near.
Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by nzeadachie: 1:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
THE USELESS AND FAILED POLICE OFFICER MUST ANSWER TO THE ICC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Firefire(m): 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
Stirer101:

Omo yhibo, shebi you fla.tties are now threatening our king on our land, we shall see. You call us slaves and call our land no man's land, your end is near.

eeeeeeeee, a to ka loju eee grin
Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by zimoni(f): 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
WHEN IS HE GOING TO ISSUE HIS OWN ULTIMATUM?

ALALAABA SOMEBODY.

OLORIBOOBO TI N BO MO'GBO SOMEBODY.

Nansense.

We've all criticized the King, so what else unna want?
Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by proflomo(m): 7:50am On Apr 09, 2015
haywire1:

You talk well. The only problem be your usage of 'brainwashed'. But I dey sure say you no really know how weighty the word be. Please, remove am.
Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by proflomo(m): 8:44am On Apr 09, 2015
My own be say Nigeria na one. Even if we divide the country geographically, we no fit divide the sense of oneness among the people.
Abi shey I go send my Hausa mum and my Ibo wife away from my Yoruba father's house? All because some people create Arewa, Biafra, Oodua, etc nations out of Nigeria? Abi na my Efik, Ibibio or Igala friends I go send packing? Impossibility of the highest order!
We go quarrel and settle am nah ni. Papa and pikin dey quarrel now. Brothers and sisters no dey quarrel? Abi your teeth and tongue never quarrel before?
Abeg leave story my people. When you people don finish your quarrel, abeg find me delicious akpu with ogbona and egusi soup make I chop. If you like you fit send one Fulani girl make she carry am come my room.
One Nigeria jare!
Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Drag the Yorubas Oba to ICC. They will kick you out of Lagos. Fools

Shut up! You have been going from thread to thread ranting like a rabid dog.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 09, 2015
ibedun:

THE MATTER AT HAND IS FAR MORE SERIOUS THAN THE SHAPE OF THEIR FLAT HEADS.

WE MUST BRUTALLY EXOCISE THAT HATRED AND BITTERNESS INSIDE THEM.

Get lost!

(1) (2) (Reply)

(photo) The Two Most Gorgeous Woman In Whole Of Africa they are Biafrans / The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" / The Southsouth Voices Against Biafra Agitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.