Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats (52799 Views)

"Let Them Protest": Oby Ezekwesili On 2face Led Planned Protest / Charly Boy & Oby Ezekwesili In Adorable Selfie As Both Set To Empower Youths / Bukky Ajayi Visited By Kate Henshaw, Rita Dominic And Joke Silva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Diligence: 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
Who is afraid of Change! It's a train, and ain't no stoppg it. Jimi Agbaje is a yoruba man contesting and he seems to be the best candidate with regard to humility, focus, sincerity of purpose, and he will deliver dividends of democracy to all and sundry, and not to few elite...Is just 4 years of change too much for asking. Tinubu/Fashola & the Oba hv had 16 years already!

The way Oba and co speak, u wld wonder if Jimi Agbaje was an outcast?!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by lifeisshort1: 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mamatee07:
https://m.soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/eze-ndi-igbo-response-mp3

Guys click on that, that audio shows that there is more to the story. The Igbo leaders who responded after Obas statement even went on to crack jokes with the Oba . One was even saying I will not break my word, next thing they started shooting yes we will vote Ambode.

Does that sound like angry people
Can u move dt response audio clip to the frontpage pls
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Gracyel(f): 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
aguiyi:
Buhari will retire this women to their husbands kitchen. just a few more days before they are reminded were they belong in a muslim world

What's this one saying? undecided
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by tochstorm(m): 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
ozoigbondu:
lgbos will vote JK and take a swim in d lagoon........who doesn't like swimmimg
i want to swim! bu do i have to be ibo?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ozoigbondu: 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
tochstorm:
i want to swim! bu do i have to be ibo?

Vote JK and join us in d lagoon

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Gracyel(f): 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
SurePresident:

Yes, Don Jazzy put Nigeria first before being an igbo and he refused to make imbecilic statement like most of his kinsmen. This is how it should be. Civilized nations like America and others that we aspire to be like will always tell you Country first before tribe. Jazzy is one of the very few intelligent igbos that I admire. Majority of igbos have fart-filled craniums, they've been brainwashed since young age. Whenever an igbo heads a Govt office, he never employs other tribes despite better qualifications, only igbos. tribalism has eaten so deep into igbos that other wiser tribes can NEVER vote an igbo as President. This is the major reason why an igbo shall never rule Nigeria. It's a verified fact that there are triple Nos of Hausas than igbos in Lagos, yet the Hausas give us no head ache whatsoever. But igbos with their leaky diarrhea mouth, are hated by both Yorubas and Hausas in Lagos. For real, I can see where tribalism is guaranteed to end these senseless igbos.

Can you just read what you wrote....Just look at how you contradicted yourself!..You blamed ibos for tribalism, yet you havr used many rude and insultive adjectives to qualify ibos. Please grow up, and stop being a part of the devil's plan to scatter this country....What in God's name is wrong with all of you?? Cant we just be ONE already?

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by wealth123: 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
Maccoy1:
People should stop managing this issue, we should look at it plainly...when PEJ said something about stoning anyone who wanted change, everyone turned against it, even i was angry at her statement...AMBO will surely loose in lagos state

He will lose because of a statement made by an OBA? Not because of incompetence? See what illiteracy and tribalism has turned many of you to. Go and vote for Agbaje and when INEC declares AMBODE as our Governor, go and remove him because of what an Oba who has no power said. AMBODE has condemned what the OBA said but that is not enough for you. God will deliver you from HATRED.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by tochstorm(m): 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Vote JK and join us in d lagoon
yah calling basket mouth to order for a life jacket. and i will bring juwon, Aisha, segun, tunde, ahmed, tinubu... ooops i mean atinuke along with me. i won't bring yahaya cos he always pee in the lagoon. Lol
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by evryday: 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Evil is evil.That's why smart people speak against it at all times.For those who defend such utterance from a supposed revered institution,i advise them to wear a cap of decency and dignity,or probably,they are not real O'DUA children.Though i am not one,but the real Omo O'DUA is smart,decent,cultured,and above all,carries on with grace and dignity, and are also masters of diplomacy.This Oba Akiolu is fake.He is not only crude,but unintelligent as well.
Besides,who told him some Igbos did not vote for the APC or that some Yorubas did not vote for the PDP in the last election,and may vote in a similar fashion this weekend.Just like other Nigerians voted.
Therefore,Lagosians should run a check of his ancestry to ascertain his real parentage as he is already making allusions to being a BASTARD come saturday,the 11th of April,2015 IJN.

But seriously,sai Ambode,sai APC.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ozoigbondu: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
tochstorm:
yah calling basket mouth to order for a life jacket. and i will bring juwon, Aisha, segun, tunde, ahmed, tinubu... ooops i mean atinuke along with me. i won't bring yahaya cos he always pee in the lagoon. Lol

We are going to have a lagoon party all are invited cheesy
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by MrMandilas: 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
dhardline:
Every sane person knows the statement was wrong.You cant come out and cry over the killings done by boko haram and then turn around to support genocide of a particular ethnic group, it simple puts you on the same level with them.
She is a joke just like her name is spelt. J.O.K.E !...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Frankestein08(m): 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
I laugh when I read some comments that are clueless like "d oba has a right to be angry because I'm not voting for his candidate" that's just absurd but anyway am just curious what will happen to the oba if apc looses and I can't wait to find out...politics is a game ryt! well I think right now is a bad time for the king to tryna play pawn.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by tochstorm(m): 6:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
eze will sell refreshment at the lagoon. #igbomanismabrother
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ayindejimmy(m): 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
dhardline:
Every sane person knows the statement was wrong.You cant come out and cry over the killings done by boko haram and then turn around to support genocide of a particular ethnic group, it simple puts you on the same level with them.
Pls. That statement was provocative and anyone that watch the video will know the Oba was speaking out of anger.
Ifeanyi Ubah was in Lagos last week. Did he visit the Oba to acknowledge him? No. He went and start running his mouth to jimi Agbaje and reading riot act to him.
If you're wondering why the Oba can be so infuriated now... It's because he has been pushed to the wall by his supposed guest that are planning to overthrow him.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Gracyel(f): 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:
your obi won't do anything different if yorubas act the same way igbos do in lagos.. you guys don't understand what it means for your land to be runner by non Indigenes

And who says Lagos is for yorubas??....Please, u guys should stop all these already. We are all called Nigerians jare!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by minidat: 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chinom:

Your point is noted. But we are talking about LAGOS, not Ogbomosho, Kano, Aba or Ondo. Yoruba's will do themselves a favour when they accept that Lagos does not have the same status with Ogbomosho or Abeokuta in Yoruba land. 90% of the occupants and residents of Lagos are immigrants and migrants from Ondo, Ogun, Anambra, Enugu, Edo, Kano, Kastina etc. Even Ambode himself and Tinubu are immigrants. You do not own Lagos just by virtue of the fact that you are Yoruba.
We all built Lagos. Lagos is a No man's land because the indigenous people of Lagos (not migrants from Oyo, Ogun, Ondo etc) do not make up to 10% of the population. No other state in the Federation received the amount of investments made in Lagos by the Federal republic of Nigeria. It is our collective wealth. Lagos will sooner be made a Federal protected territory before any tribe can lay claim to it.
So my dear Yoruba people, accept Lagos for what it is. Many of my Yoruba friends in Lagos are building houses in their villages in Ondo, Osun and Ekiti. Some of them are here shouting; We own Lagos. Stop dreaming !!.

Lagos was not the only federal capital of Nigeria.We have never heard non indigenes laying claim to Calabar and lokoja because of their former status.Apart from that,why is Ndigbo always at loggerhead with their host community.Are they the only tribe in Lagos.While I don't support what the Oba said,the elders among the Ndigbo should talk to their people.This was how it started in the 60s
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by haibe(m): 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Gracyel:

And who says Lagos is for yorubas??....Please, u guys should stop all these already. We are all called Nigerians jare!

except that .
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by omarhlichanwa: 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hmmmmmm! See APC trying to beat about the bush..una don win presidential,una still dey get hope for governorship? Odi egwu oooooo
contactmorak:
Oby Ezekwesili reacted to the audio tape of the Oba of Lagos,threathening Igbo's. She said she was shocked that people were clapping while the Oba spoke..
Respected Nollywood actress,Joke Silva replied her, saying that means the Igbo leaders understood the context. In essence,they knew the OBA didn't mean those words to be taken as threats.

Oby then told her,there is no justification for those statements. What do you think?

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/04/oby-ezekwesili-joke-silva-divided-over.html
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by mbulela: 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
How long will it take the oba to covenant an issue an unequivocal apology with no IFs and BUTs?
I don't mean one by an errand boy of his.

A simple but complete apology will suck the air out of the cheap points being scored by ethnic jingoists and political jobbers on account of this saga.

Also,the oba should henceforth learn to talk like a reverred figure he is meant to be. Like I said earlier, joke or no joke, this is not the first time he is making such uncouth comments.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oba or no Oba. One fact is if Pdp wins Lagos, Lagosians will suffer and the land will be all messed up.

I believe #Ekitigate would be revisited and all those involved would surely be penalized. Obanikoro might lose his job and if that happens, he wld head to Lagos and wine with Agbaje cos GEJ rigged the primaries in favour of Agbaje.
Right beside Jimi will also include Bode George, boyloaf, Koro and PDP in general.

So many undone projects in Lagos cos of opposition party all thru the years. This is the best time to correct that. Take the shot

Vote wisely
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Bowaley17(m): 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Let bygone be bygone
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by TheMadame(f): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
I am a proud Yoruba mother and I respect our traditions but I must say when I listened to that audio tape I was seriously sad and unhappy with Kabiyesi for his statement to the Igbos.
Traditional rulers should be seen to be neutral in politics and even if they have their candidates it should be between themselves and their God. Nobody and I repeat,nobody should force or coerce any one to vote for any candidate so Kabiyesi was bang out of order on this one and he has endangered Mr Ambodes candidature even though I believe Mr Ambode is a better candidate than Mr Agbaje.
I voted for General Buhari during the presidential elections but I would never coerce my husband,daughter or son to vote for him because I believe in the free will of every individual.
On saturday every one should go out and vote according to his or her conscience. I will still vote for Mr Ambode,but I will never force or curse any one to make him/her vote for him.
I think we should let this matter die a natural death and learn to live as one people. Go out and vote according to your free will and whoever wins should be accepted by all,although I am expecting a very close race.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by hush15: 7:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
Larryfly:
But seriously Joke's comment got me thinking. They were igbos there when he made the statement and they applauded......what does that mean?
Are we not blowing it out of proportion?

Why won't they clap? The were within the mans fortress... Do you want the ranscour to start there? Moreso, I also want the ibos to review their leaders wisely. All cos of politics, they could even think of hearing what rilwan said?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by mbulela: 7:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
ayindejimmy:
Pls. That statement was provocative and anyone that watch the video will know the Oba was speaking out of anger.
Ifeanyi Ubah was in Lagos last week. Did he visit the Oba to acknowledge him? No. He went and start running his mouth to jimi Agbaje and reading riot act to him.
If you're wondering why the Oba can be so infuriated now... It's because he has been pushed to the wall by his supposed guest that are planning to overthrow him.
Are actually comparing the conduct of a street thug like Ifeanyi Ubah and a reverred first class King?
If the Oba cannot ignore money miss roads like Mr. Ubah then something is wrong with his temperament.
I repeat there is no defence for the oba's comments. He needs to apologise by himself and disarm the political jobbers who are scoring cheap points.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Coolheadedsam46(m): 7:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
They are talking abt Oba of Lagos.. wot was ur say wen Asari speaks for Jona
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by expertfingers(m): 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:
Ambode will win with landslide victory even with or without your votes. The oba made the comment not Ambode, like you said PEJ made stoning statement but PEJ is the wife of GEJ.

Oba and Ambode are two different people not related by blood or marriage.

As for Joke Silva, she said the right thing. If the Ndigbos at the gathering didn't take it serious so what's the wahala all about?

The Oba was just angry at Igbos towards their attitude at the presidential and he's worried cos he want continuity in Lagos and it is only Ambode that can do that.

Joke Silva just made sense. She deserves a Nobel Prize smiley
silverdam:
Ambode will win with landslide victory even with or without your votes. The oba made the comment not Ambode, like you said PEJ made stoning statement but PEJ is the wife of GEJ.

As for Joke Silva, she said the right thing. If the Ndigbos at the gathering didn't take it serious so what's the wahala all about?

The Oba was just angry at Igbos towards their attitude at the presidential and he's worried cos he want continuity in Lagos and it is only Ambode that can do that.

Joke Silva just made sense. She deserves a Nobel Prize
smiley
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by mbulela: 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
TheMadame:
I am a proud Yoruba mother and I respect our traditions but I must say when I listened to that audio tape I was seriously sad and unhappy with Kabiyesi for his statement to the Igbos.
Traditional rulers should be seen to be neutral in politics and even if they have their candidates it should be between themselves and their God. Nobody and I repeat,nobody should force or coerce any one to vote for any candidate so Kabiyesi was bang out of order on this one and he has endangered Mr Ambodes candidature even though I believe Mr Ambode is a better candidate than Mr Agbaje.
I voted for General Buhari during the presidential elections but I would never coerce my husband,daughter or son to vote for him because I believe in the free will of every individual.
On saturday every one should go out and vote according to his or her conscience. I will still vote for Mr Ambode,but I will never force or curse any one to make him/her vote for him.
I think we should let this matter die a natural death and learn to live as one people. Go out and vote according to your free will and whoever wins should be accepted by all,although I am expecting a very close race.
God bless you.
However, I wish to point out that kabiyesi has form in this subject.
He made similar comments when disparaging the gubernatorial ambition of Hamzat while endorsing Ambode.
That one was swept under the carpet. Maybe because it was not tribalistic in nature.
Ethnic comments do not ire me as I find them silly irrespective of who it is coming from. My grouse is with the utterly biased and partisan nature of the comments.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by kay29000(m): 7:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ngozi24:
Oby was very correct. Its quite painful its becoming a tribal war. We expect a lot from our leaders but they keep disappointing us and turning us against each others. In the real sense we are all brothers and sisters.

I doubt you mean your last sentence. All you guys from your side care about is "me me me" "us us us." Not One Nigeria. That's the bitter truth. Deep down inside every Igbo man he hates a yoruba man...I just don't understand the hate. Awolowo is dead and gone and we are more than 40 yrs removed from the civil war, why do we still hate ourselves so much?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Chinom(m): 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
TheMadame:
I am a proud Yoruba mother and I respect our traditions[b] but I must say when I listened to that audio tape I was seriously sad and unhappy with Kabiyesi for his statement to the Igbos.
[/b]Traditional rulers should be seen to be neutral in politics and even if they have their candidates it should be between themselves and their God. Nobody and I repeat,nobody should force or coerce any one to vote for any candidate so Kabiyesi was bang out of order on this one and he has endangered Mr Ambodes candidature even though I believe Mr Ambode is a better candidate than Mr Agbaje.

He even said " I swear to God ". The man is very crude. Anyway, feel free to vote for the candidate of your choice.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by dammytosh: 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
dhardline:

That means all the red cap guys there are not sane because they were actually clapping.

There is a context well understood in the statement. Ag bake should continue his campaign and not think that can Score him any political point
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Azedplus(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
Truly the Oba Akinolu goofed on this, but that should not make us derail from the issue at hand ( the gains, need and benefits for Lagos to align with the ruling party at the central. Lagos need not miss the much anticipated change from neglect by the FG since 1999. I implore all aggrieved persons to look at the broader side of this.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ihesiuloa(m): 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:

And what give him the right to be angry or happy over who votes who? If he wants continuity then he should forfeit his throne and join full politics then vote and canvas for his candidate not by making nonsense of himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Van Vicker Celebrates 10 Years Wedding Anniversary With Family In Dubai (Photos) / Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story / Pero Adeniyi Goes On A Date With Her Boyfriend (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.