Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats (52793 Views)

"Let Them Protest": Oby Ezekwesili On 2face Led Planned Protest / Charly Boy & Oby Ezekwesili In Adorable Selfie As Both Set To Empower Youths / Bukky Ajayi Visited By Kate Henshaw, Rita Dominic And Joke Silva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by lilcashking(m): 11:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
aguiyi:
Buhari will retire this women to their husbands kitchen. just a few more days before they are reminded were they belong in a muslim world
for once pls try and use ur brian,what buhari nd muslim has to do with this topic
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by bajosky: 11:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
dhardline:
Every sane person knows the statement was wrong.You cant come out and cry over the killings done by boko haram and then turn around to support genocide of a particular ethnic group, it simple puts you on the same level with them.
TAKE 2 BOTTLES FOR MY HEAD .
APC PROPAGANDA FROM PIT OF HELL.
BUHARI any war against Boko haram is a war against the north. but if nothing is done gej is wicked or clueless.

OBA WE ARE WAITING FOR MORE OF THE THREAT.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ArcToyin(m): 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nutase:

This is a very silly comment oga blogger. I have loads of respect for you but this is poo. Was he angry with them because they voted according to their beliefs? Is he their father or their conscience that he should dictate how they should vote? The beauty of democracy is in the freedom of choosing your leaders. Democracy is a game of numbers not a game of intimidation and bitterness. If GEJ was like him this country would have been burnt down.
If God almighty who has all the power in the universe does not force us to do what he wants then nobody including a power drunk mortal should not even attempt it.
am not supporting the Oba's utterance but what i deduced was the conniving of the igbos to vote against the ruling party in the state. What Lagos has allowed them to do is beyond what any other states has done for them. Is just like biting off the hand that fed you.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Yasher: 11:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
Why then was President GEJ crucified for 4years for saying, "stealing is not corruption"
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 08, 2015
You People should just 4get this issue. When Ambode wins or loses, anyone who wants to jump into d lagoons.

As far as I know, this Oba was dining with Jona some weeks ago and praying for him. It could be sabotage on his part or trying so hard to impress the APC govt who perceived him as leaning slightly towards Jona for the presidential election.

Before you crucify me,my wife is Ibo and I can protect her and my kids with my life. But let's be truthful, ibos are understandably more touchy when you raise issue about their tribe due to exPerience and stories handed down.

All I am saying is let's forget this and forge ahead, even an Ibo boy became governor for a day in this lagos- under apc.

Most saying Jonathan lost because of his wife's hate speeches actually voted for Jonathan, now the same people want to turn against an innocent man because a 'perceived' supporter said some things. Abeg, don't let bode george and obanikoro feast on lagos oo. We will all suffer it, both ibos and yoruba. See d effect of thugs in power in ekiti.

Nobody can throw you people into d lagoon. We will stand and defend you. Okay, but please let's not cut the head to spite the nose.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by aby1976(m): 12:22am On Apr 08, 2015
Nutase:

This is a very silly comment oga blogger. I have loads of respect for you but this is poo. Was he angry with them because they voted according to their beliefs? Is he their father or their conscience that he should dictate how they should vote? The beauty of democracy is in the freedom of choosing your leaders. Democracy is a game of numbers not a game of intimidation and bitterness. If GEJ was like him this country would have been burnt down.
If God almighty who has all the power in the universe does not force us to do what he wants then nobody including a power drunk mortal should not even attempt it.

Bros use ur brain. Ur brothers. Wt oba appplauded him. Just go ask what transpired
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Horrlah(f): 12:36am On Apr 08, 2015
Mariojane:
you all are taking paracetamol over someone else headache. cant this story just die down and Nigerians live as one?
I tire ooo,the whole tin don dey vex me sef
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by MrLyzzo(m): 12:48am On Apr 08, 2015
What type of TRIBALISM IS THIS
You defend your territory they call you a tribalist.

You support them for elective posts in your territory you are still a tribalist.

They call your land a No man's land Yet we are still the tribalist.

They abused our elders we are still the tribalist.

You lease them your house and they will tell you to sale the whole building for them, we are still a tribalist.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by julietchic(f): 1:24am On Apr 08, 2015
what is democracy pls?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Cholls(m): 2:07am On Apr 08, 2015
Atlantian:
Hundreds of thousands of Igbos who traveled for Easter are back, that number will tilt the already PDP averaged votes in favor of Agbaje. Jimi is a better Yoruba man than Oba and his army of tribalistic Fashola and crew.
my brother no matter what the devil plan to bring hatred btw yoruba and igbo is dead on arrival in Jesus name. I love you you're my brother
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by crownbryan(m): 2:26am On Apr 08, 2015
everyone is individually responsible for his/her acton,
I think Apc have made that clear by disassociating
themselves from that statement. although, some
yoruba are livid over the way Igbos in lagos
tribalistically blinded by voting for PGEJ, or we can't
denied that their massive voting for him is not based
on tribe preference when most Nigerians voted
politically oriented by evaluating his tenure for the
past 6years and his party 16years maintaining power.
the Oba only went too far and is liable to be sue
under the constitution without no privileges. and
igbos should not be delusional that Lagos is a
universal state, if their are not careful, they will be
flush out from south west as most of them from
personal encounter are ethnic and tribalistic
unrepentance because they always preferred their
kings men eventhough it go against the national
interest, this quality of theirs threaten other co-
habiting tribes, ethnics in itself.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 4:07am On Apr 08, 2015
The Oba really messed up with that statement, If Igbo's where there clapping, is it not glaring that they were clapping to save their lives. The Oba is also a diabolic man, and no one wants to incur the wrath of the oba. Please lets call a spade a spade.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by sfx9ja(m): 6:01am On Apr 08, 2015
Larryfly:
But seriously Joke's comment got me thinking. They were igbos there when he made the statement and they applauded......what does that mean?
Are we not blowing it out of proportion?
it takes time for certain things to sink in.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Terenceike(m): 6:47am On Apr 08, 2015
Larryfly:
But seriously Joke's comment got me thinking. They were igbos there when he made the statement and they applauded......what does that mean?
Are we not blowing it out of proportion?

Let's assume d igbos there applauded him (which I doubt because the sound of clap I heard proves its only but a few who clapped, maybe his aides), the question is, does Joke expect the Igbos present there to stand up and challenge him immediately?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by jemype(m): 7:06am On Apr 08, 2015
Listen he was simply joking wit them didnt u see the atmostphere. Why r u looking for guns in the church?
Nutase:

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ukdbabex(f): 7:10am On Apr 08, 2015
silverdam:
Ambode will win with landslide victory even with or without your votes. The oba made the comment not Ambode, like you said PEJ made stoning statement but PEJ is the wife of GEJ.

Oba and Ambode are two different people not related by blood or marriage.

As for Joke Silva, she said the right thing. If the Ndigbos at the gathering didn't take it serious so what's the wahala all about?

The Oba was just angry at Igbos towards their attitude at the presidential and he's worried cos he want continuity in Lagos and it is only Ambode that can do that.
And y is he angry at the igbos, dont they ve d right to vote whoever they dame wel please? mtcheeeew
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by IBROHIM: 7:15am On Apr 08, 2015
Tekzyflex:
PEJ made a lot of inflammatory statements that effected her husband's re-election bid and her husband was hated for not being able to caution his wife. I think this election will be very difficult for Ambo because the Oba has just spoilt his election bid.
is it the Igbos that would make him loose? You correct so?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by crackhouse(m): 7:35am On Apr 08, 2015
And why is it that the man have not said anything since then to clear the air?.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ikkkkk: 7:46am On Apr 08, 2015
babs01:
In Oba of Lagos's
voice "U will die in Lagoon if u
dn't vote APC

You and ur family and all those that supported that comment will be the first to die.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ncChigo(m): 8:18am On Apr 08, 2015
silverdam:
Ambode will win with landslide victory even with or without your votes. The oba made the comment not Ambode, like you said PEJ made stoning statement but PEJ is the wife of GEJ.

Oba and Ambode are two different people not related by blood or marriage.

As for Joke Silva, she said the right thing. If the Ndigbos at the gathering didn't take it serious so what's the wahala all about?

The Oba was just angry at Igbos towards their attitude at the presidential and he's worried cos he want continuity in Lagos and it is only Ambode that can do that.

u should b ashamed of urself 4 this comment, instead of demanding the oba makes a public apology 2 d igbos u are spewing this nonsense. & FYI Ambode CAN'T win without d igbos. So try 2 control d damage the Oba has created instead of making it worse.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by mbulela: 8:26am On Apr 08, 2015
ArcToyin:

am not supporting the Oba's utterance but what i deduced was the conniving of the igbos to vote against the ruling party in the state. What Lagos has allowed them to do is beyond what any other states has done for them. Is just like biting off the hand that fed you.
You are digging further into a hole.
They have not bitten any hand. Politics is about protecting interests. All they have done is use their votes to protect theirs.
It happens everywhere. Lagos is doing something seemingly unique on account of its size and economic position in the scheme of things. Not because of the benevolence of its indigenes. Every mega city is same; from new York to joburg to London.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by DECOtech(m): 8:32am On Apr 08, 2015
silverdam:

Something I know about the Igbos is that due to certain conditions that might be presiding at a said time, they will take anything thrown at them with smiles in their faces, from insults, embarrassments, to threats.

Don't be deceived by the countenance of an Igbo man in the face of challenge.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ArcToyin(m): 9:17am On Apr 08, 2015
mbulela:

You are digging further into a hole.
They have not bitten any hand. Politics is about protecting interests. All they have done is use their votes to protect theirs.
It happens everywhere. Lagos is doing something seemingly unique on account of its size and economic position in the scheme of things. Not because of the benevolence of its indigenes. Every mega city is same; from new York to joburg to London.
you've diverted from my point. Everybody has the right to vote for whoever they wish to but not as indigenes. Is just like you are squatting with a person and you decided to act against the interest of the folk. Do you expect him to be happy with you? Individual preference is fine but collective gang up isnt too well.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Adeyeancah(m): 9:21am On Apr 08, 2015
Maccoy1:
People should stop managing this issue, we should look at it plainly...when PEJ said something about stoning anyone who wanted change, everyone turned against it, even i was angry at her statement...AMBO will surely loose in lagos state
A-M-B-O : Amstel Malta Box office lo ni Eko o o........A jo ma je igbadun
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Adeyeancah(m): 9:26am On Apr 08, 2015
Atlantian:
Hundreds of thousands of Igbos who traveled for Easter are back, that number will tilt the already PDP averaged votes in favor of Agbaje. Jimi is a better Yoruba man than Oba and his army of tribalistic Fashola and crew.
Do u mean all the Igbos that travelled for Easter are PDP members Only
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ooshinibos: 11:29am On Apr 08, 2015
Nutase:

I respect u bruv ..you have common sense more than this power drunk monarchs -with no constitutional rights or power
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by benlay(m): 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
Democracy might have been around without any interruption for the past 16 years but many Nigerians still need to be re-oriented. It's a choice. ..I did not support the Oba's threat. We know Igbos don't know their place that's why history is not always on their side. They voted for GEJ out of bitterness and they are on same path again. Lagos has been a good host overall. The Nigeria state is a bit complicated state, and the constitution does not define a lot of things.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Okwyjesus(m): 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
[quote

The Oba was just angry at Igbos towards their attitude at the presidential and he's worried cos he want continuity in Lagos and it is only Ambode that can do that.[/quote]

Try next time not to allow ethnicity blind your eyes on simple truth. What is wrong is wrong. Simple.

As for the Oba, he just messed up things for Ambrose and on Saturday you guys will release. The Igbos are never cowards you can remote control with treat.
Even those that was thinking of voting Ambrose before will go PDP now and nothing will happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Clem Ohameze Undergoes Successful Spinal Cord Surgery (video) / Naira Marley Brought Mompha On Stage At A Concert (Video) / Wizkid Welcomes 3rd Child With Jada Pollock, His Manager - Nairaplus.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.