Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats (52797 Views)

"Let Them Protest": Oby Ezekwesili On 2face Led Planned Protest / Charly Boy & Oby Ezekwesili In Adorable Selfie As Both Set To Empower Youths / Bukky Ajayi Visited By Kate Henshaw, Rita Dominic And Joke Silva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by toprealman: 7:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
NEVER KNEW JOKE SILVA IS A BIG FOOL. THE ELDERS WERE 'JEJAED' BY AKIOLU'S SILLY COMMENTS AND NOTHING TO DO WITH UNDERSTANING THE CONTEXT! THIS SHOWS THAT WE ARE NOT ONE NIGERIA.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
ozoigbondu:
lgbos will vote JK and take a swim in d lagoon........who doesn't like swimmimg
You? Your comments always crack me up. But someone said you shouldn't even go near any gutter,jacuzzi,pool, talk less of lagoon. Everything will soon die down. All I know is Ego and pride will not let him apologise;since others have done it on his behalf,I think you should let it go.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Ekaka1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:
Ambode will win with landslide victory even with or without your votes. The oba made the comment not Ambode, like you said PEJ made stoning statement but PEJ is the wife of GEJ.

Oba and Ambode are two different people not related by blood or marriage.

As for Joke Silva, she said the right thing. If the Ndigbos at the gathering didn't take it serious so what's the wahala all about?

The Oba was just angry at Igbos towards their attitude at the presidential and he's worried cos he want continuity in Lagos and it is only Ambode that can do that.
Bunkum !!!
Your Oba just went gangsta to spoil the chances of the Ambode He "hand picked"....and of course no of you know why He "hand picked" him and you're here trying to explain nonsense!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ozoigbondu: 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
njays24:
You? Your comments always crack me up. But someone said you shouldn't even go near any gutter,jacuzzi,pool, talk less of lagoon. Everything will soon die down. All I know is Ego and pride will not let him apologise;since others have done it on his behalf,I think you should let it go.

l am preparing for a lagoon party and you are telling me to avoid water because of one nutjob taaaa l must party
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by mcprince32(m): 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
aristocrazzy:
That one no concern me all I know is that APC will win in lagos.
but the victory got soured by the oba's comment.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by hush15: 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
ollah1:
Oba or no Oba. One fact is if Pdp wins Lagos, Lagosians will suffer and the land will be all messed up.

I believe #Ekitigate would be revisited and all those involved would surely be penalized. Obanikoro might lose his job and if that happens, he wld head to Lagos and wine with Agbaje cos GEJ rigged the primaries in favour of Agbaje.
Right beside Jimi will also include Bode George, boyloaf, Koro and PDP in general.

So many undone projects in Lagos cos of opposition party all thru the years. This is the best time to correct that. Take the shot

Vote wisely

Naija, why are like this? How is it the land will be messed up?

When Tinubu started, he didn't have any prior experience of public administration except the one he had with mobil and even then, it was full of discrepancies. Let me tell you a little story:

When Tinubu was at mobil, he managed finance recklessly. Aparently, the igbo man in his cabinet then was with PriceWaterCoopers and came to audit mobil financial records. He audited as asked and saw so much irregularities. Tinubu had to beg him to conceal this financial recklessness at all cost and the guy did helped and that is how he ended up in tinubu's cabinet cos he felt that was the only way he could compensate him. Ben know this and cannot deny.

Anyway, back to APC, So with Fashola. I also recall when Tinubu appointed him to be his chief of staff. That's all the public administration experience has has and then he had nothing except his law knowledge. But today he had the opportunity to talk like someone who birth a state.

As for Ambode, that claimed he had everything, he stole from the governement and lagosians still celebrating him. I tire o. The state allocation that the same OBJ owed lagos, Jonathan paid but rather than informing the governor, he alerted tinubu and what happened to that allocation, only God can explain. Cos of this criminal act, the same fashola booted him out his cabinet and today, they said he resigned, not sacked cos one person they have in common which is tinubu.

Now using apc as an excuse, they want to further the looting and personnal management of state funds.

Nigerians why! Lagosians why!! Why does greed cloud our judgement? Why has shallowness bereaved our thinking? Can't we see that these people are causing more harm than good?

We all saying jimi doesn't have what it requires, so I ask what does it require? Don't forget Buhari is not a certificate holder o but you gave him your presidency, but Jimi is learned and he has handled many managerial positions that some even brought the emergence of Tinubu? So if that Tinubu that you all hailing rose from Jimi's platform which was then Afenifere, why can't Jimi govern lagos State. As for us aligning with the center, as long as Buhari is a man of intergrity as APC claims, then what has Lagos got to loose. What federal presence could feature more than the way the federal has always featured in every other state!!!

Let's not deceive ourselves and keep running in a continuous circle of slavery into the name of continuity.the APC mantra is change and change will bear its name to the fullest.

Change must and will definitely enter Lagos. Let's be bold. Let's look at new initiatives. Those ones being done are not the me and you interest but their peronal interest.

I can assure you Jimi is worth it. He has all it takes and he will give you a Lagos for you.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Ngozi24(f): 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
kay29000:

I doubt you mean your last sentence. All you guys from your side care about is "me me me" "us us us." Not One Nigeria. That's the bitter truth. Deep down inside every Igbo man he hates a yoruba man...I just don't understand the hate. Awolowo is dead and gone and we are more than 40 yrs removed from the civil war, why do we still hate ourselves so much?

Awww, just hear yourself. Deep in my heart, i meant every word i said but you have made up your mind about every Ibo person and that's the real problem.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by stigman(m): 8:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
Larryfly:
But seriously Joke's comment got me thinking. They were igbos there when he made the statement and they applauded......what does that mean?
Are we not blowing it out of proportion?

NO, they were scared, the reason for the tape is for u to hear what they heard, even if you were there u will still do the same.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Beface(m): 8:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
There is justification of what the Oba said but if you listen to him you will understand his context when he said these two words 1)Can they do this in Onitsha or Aba and 2)Jimi Agbaje is my relation and i told him he cannot be the governor for now. He is not happy with the fact that Igbo won three House of Representative and that Agbaje is getting his backing from the Igbo's which according to him is not in the best interest of Lagos because it is time for Lagos to benefit from the federal government and that can only happen if APC win the election in Lagos State.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
If not for anything, the man is famous now. Before yesterday I never knew Lagos had an oba.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
IGBOS WHEN WILL OUR EYES OPEN? WHEN WILL WE LEARN?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN SO THAT WE WILL RELOCATE AND GO AND DEVELOP SOUTHEAST OUR LEGACY?

AM UNHAPPY EVERYDAY FOR MY FOLLOW IGBOS FOR ABANDONING SOUTHEAST WHERE GOD PLACED US AND WANTS US TO DEVELOP, FOR LANDS WHERE WE WILL BE ALWAYS INSULTED, ATTACKED AND KILLED

THIS KIND OF EMBARRASSING INSULT WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE IGBOS LEARN LESSON THAT EAST WEST NORTH SOUTH HOME IS THE BEST.

IGBOS PLEASE COME HOME LETS DEVELOP OUR HOME LAND. BECAUSE WE WILL FOREVER BE STRANGERS ELSEWHERE.

THIS IS THE REASON WHY I REFUSES TO SETTLE ANYWHERE OUTSIDE SOUTHEAST.

IGBOS PLEASE COME HOME! LETS BUILD OUR INHERITANCE!!

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by chigoizie7(m): 8:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
mcdokwe:
The Oba took it too far. Agreed!

But this wouldn't have generated as much heat if we understood ourselves to be one. Whatever the Oba said wouldn't have been taken seriously no matter the context if we saw ourselves and lived as one.

I remember I used to tell my Daddy things that I dare not tell others for the fear of being misunderstood. I call my friends names I dare not call mere acquaintances and it is seen as nothing.

Unfortunately politicians are going to blow this out of proportion to sway emotions and votes.

My dear shut the fuuvck up, if actually we saw ourselves as one, OBA akiola shouldn't have made such comments or statements in the 1st place, if were are one as u said, oba should have addressed everyone including the hausa and niger-delta communities living in lagos, why only IGBO's? Please all these sentiments are the reason why we will never see ourselves as one.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by lyttmarine: 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
Challenge oba in his palace if they won't use u for pepper soup
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Thomsbuky(m): 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
CR77:
Oba Akiolu since yesterday the Oba go get sleepless night

But this Oba lack common sense

Anyway na old age

Na who born you to be abusing a whole Oba of lagos got no lack common sense.. Na you got one with your silly comment. Watch your write up engage your brain before you write. You can condemn but abusing Oba is not a good idea... Asked your parent, if you don't know oba of Lagos? you cannot disrespect nor start abusing traditional rulers, whatever they have done or don't..word is enough for the wise oooooo
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ayindejimmy(m): 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
mbulela:

Are actually comparing the conduct of a street thug like Ifeanyi Ubah and a reverred first class King?
If the Oba cannot ignore money miss roads like Mr. Ubah then something is wrong with his temperament.
I repeat there is no defence for the oba's comments. He needs to apologise by himself and disarm the political jobbers who are scoring cheap points.
I'm sorry to disappoint you but Oba does not apologize for anything in Yoruba land. Let just try to put it behind us.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
The Igbos At Dat Meeting Shud Come Out And Say Something.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ayindejimmy(m): 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
chigoizie7:

My dear shut the fuuvck up, if actually we saw ourselves as one, OBA akiola shouldn't have made such comments or statements in the 1st place, if were are one as u said, oba should have addressed everyone including the hausa and niger-delta communities living in lagos, why only IGBO's? Please all these sentiments are the reason why we will never see ourselves as one.
Why only the Igbos? That's the 1 million dollar question. Because they are arrogant, pompous and provocative. Of all the tribes in Lagos... Only the Ibos were asking for the deputy governor's slot in a foreign land. And also making threat to stage a protest vote.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Afroconnect: 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:
Ambode will win with landslide victory even with or without your votes. The oba made the comment not Ambode, like you said PEJ made stoning statement but PEJ is the wife of GEJ.

As for Joke Silva, she said the right thing. If the Ndigbos at the gathering didn't take it serious so what's the wahala all about?

The Oba was just angry at Igbos towards their attitude at the presidential and he's worried cos he want continuity in Lagos and it is only Ambode that can do that.
WTF has the Oba's anger got to do with anyone,Iboes have the right to vote for who ever they like.

The Ibo is just acting like a little man here,doing the dirty job for Tinubu.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by meccuno: 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
Am really amazed @ the way some people are trying hard to play it down using the damage control button.....there are jokes that are better said in ones heart than publicly.....an example was when Gov Adams Oshiomole told the widow to go and die.....that was done in the heat of the moment and if we are in a society that doesn't tolerate things like that,oshiomole won't be coming back as a governor......I think it behoves on us to be very mindful of utterances that we make.....you don't expect everybody to be as "sensible" or as "smart" as you to understand those "expensive" jokes......the APC has disassociated it self from the comment.......the best thing is to appologise......the worst thing to do is exactly what PAT Utomi,Joke Silva and some yorubas who are trying so hard to water the comments down.....its most un becoming.......no tribe in Nigeria that has received much taunting and disrespect like the igbos......we don't know what our comments and actions would lead to,because people form an opinion and ideas from these things.......the igbos just want to be left alone to do their biz and that's it.....so many injustice are still fresh in their minds are u add this Abeg.......its getting too much...

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Maccoy1:
People should stop managing this issue, we should look at it plainly...when PEJ said something about stoning anyone who wanted change, everyone turned against it, even i was angry at her statement...AMBO will surely loose in lagos state
And if ambode does not loose??you will go and commit suicide or what??ambode will win and heaven will not fall!!!!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by pheemmii(m): 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Who told u dat GEJ lost d election because of what PEJ said? People (Masses) decided what they wanted. So let people decide with their PVC.

[quqwwdote author=Maccoy1 post=32444205]People should stop managing this issue, we should look at it plainly...when PEJ said something about stoning anyone who wanted change, everyone turned against it, even i was angry at her statement...AMBO will surely loose in lagos state[/quote]
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by kay29000(m): 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ngozi24:

Awww, just hear yourself. Deep in my heart, i meant every word i said but you have made up your mind about every Ibo person and that's the real problem.

I hope u really meant it...and I hope we can be friends.

I have always tried never to generalize like I did, but I got angry during the presidential elections. I was standing close to about a dozen igbo men at my polling unit, and they started abusing yoruba people...saying things like 'yoruba people are stupid..."yoruba people don't know anything..."some of them will land in hospital on Monday when the election results are annouced..."we igbos will shock them."

These words...coming from some people I know in my area really shocked me. I thought we were One Nigeria. So, sorry if you feel I am generalizing, I am just really disappointed.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by naso2(m): 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mamatee07:
https://m.soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/eze-ndi-igbo-response-mp3

Guys click on that, that audio shows that there is more to the story. The Igbo leaders who responded after Obas statement even went on to crack jokes with the Oba . One was even saying I will not break my word, next thing they started shooting yes we will vote Ambode.

Does that sound like angry people

so what do you want them to do? challenge the oba in his palace?

the statement is SO WRONG and lets to try to downplay it.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by francisbiz: 9:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:

I NOW BELIEVE THE STATEMENT BY THE OBA OF BENIN: HE SAID THAT THE YOURUBAS ORIGINATED/MIGRATED FRON BENIN KINGDOM.
OBA, ITOKPEEEEEE!!!!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by grandstar(m): 9:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
aguiyi:
Buhari will retire this women to their husbands kitchen. just a few more days before they are reminded were they belong in a muslim world

Buhari was the one who recommended Dora Akinyuli to Obasanjo.

Note: I did not vote
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by francisbiz: 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
BUT oba OF LAGOS PHFUCK-UP SHAAA
E PHFUCK-UP BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG TIME!

IN FACT, oba YOU MUST GO TRANSFER!!!
oba , OOOO, I NO DEY LIKE DIS KINE TIN, STOP BEGGING US NOWWW
OKAY NOWWW, I DON HEAR! BUT I NO GO JUST LIV YOU LIKE THAT,
JUST VOTE AGBAJE FOR GOVERNOR, AND I GO FORGIVE YOU.
CORRECT BOY! oba don dey campaign for AGBAJE
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by vislabraye(m): 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
contactmorak:
Oby Ezekwesili reacted to the audio tape of the Oba of Lagos,threathening Igbo's. She said she was shocked that people were clapping while the Oba spoke..
Respected Nollywood actress,Joke Silva replied her, saying that means the Igbo leaders understood the context. In essence,they knew the OBA didn't mean those words to be taken as threats.

Oby then told her,there is no justification for those statements. What do you think?

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/04/oby-ezekwesili-joke-silva-divided-over.html

There is no context at all that justifies thatcomment...Its clearly a hate speech and it shouldbe condemned. Imagine if a white man just jokes and calls you a handsomemonkey, will you be bothered about context?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by vislabraye(m): 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
kay29000:

I hope u really meant it...and I hope we can be friends.

I have always tried never to generalize like I did, but I got angry during the presidential elections. I was standing close to about a dozen igbo men at my polling unit, and they started abusing yoruba people...saying things like 'yoruba people are stupid..."yoruba people don't know anything..."some of them will land in hospital on Monday when the election results are annouced..."we igbos will shock them."

These words...coming from some people I know in my area really shocked me. I thought we were One Nigeria. So, sorry if you feel I am generalizing, I am just really disappointed.

That is wrong too. Most of us are guilty of making similarstatements too. We should make up our mind to stop....

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ALISMILE(m): 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mariojane:
you all are taking paracetamol over someone else headache. cant this story just die down and Nigerians live as one?
Most Nigerians re demented. They ll never reason like u!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by donttouch: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oga, go and watch the video. It was his cabinet members, who were sitting with him, that were clapping. whereas he was facing the Igbos in address

Larryfly:
But seriously Joke's comment got me thinking. They were igbos there when he made the statement and they applauded......what does that mean?
Are we not blowing it out of proportion?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by mickeymimi: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Joke is right.

"Akinolu said whoever works against the interest of Lagos will end up in the lagoon in line with tradition." most important thing is that Ambode and APC leaders have distanced themselves from the threat statement. Do not be distracted still should vote for Ambode who has the love of Lagos at heart.

AMBODE FOR GOVERNOR
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by derecho(m): 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
mcdokwe:
The Oba took it too far. Agreed!

But this wouldn't have generated as much heat if we understood ourselves to be one. Whatever the Oba said wouldn't have been taken seriously no matter the context if we saw ourselves and lived as one.

I remember I used to tell my Daddy things that I dare not tell others for the fear of being misunderstood. I call my friends names I dare not call mere acquaintances and it is seen as nothing.

Unfortunately politicians are going to blow this out of proportion to sway emotions and votes.

The Oba never spoke to them as friends,he spoke to them as slaves and subjects.If the Oba doesn't mean what he said,Let Him Apologize Simple!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Van Vicker Celebrates 10 Years Wedding Anniversary With Family In Dubai (Photos) / Peter Adeosun: I Don't Like The Olajumoke, The Bread Seller Turned Model's Story / Pero Adeniyi Goes On A Date With Her Boyfriend (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.