Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats (52794 Views)

"Let Them Protest": Oby Ezekwesili On 2face Led Planned Protest / Charly Boy & Oby Ezekwesili In Adorable Selfie As Both Set To Empower Youths / Bukky Ajayi Visited By Kate Henshaw, Rita Dominic And Joke Silva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Demmzy15(m): 6:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Agent8706:
Chai! see what an Oba has caused now! *grabs mic*...*in JEGA's Voice* Oba please let us be careful of what we say or do so that we do not disrupt a process that has ended peacefully
Bros, you funny gan!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by jimi4us: 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2015

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Scholar8200(m): 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
I stand to be corrected but I feel the action of the Igbo leaders (being matured, well - respected men) should lay this matter to rest else we are inadvertently saying that they did not represent ndigbo well hence failing in their duty.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by dozymars(m): 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
Madam Joke Silva, this is not Nollywood. There is nothing like context here, Its not a movie script, no matter how you try to paint this threat, We all understood what the Oba said.

Did you expect the Igbo delegates to react in the presence of the Oba.

5 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by babamadiba(m): 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Those statements by the Ndigbo & the Ndigbo-Yoruba Agbaje are very inflammatory ...hope wé wont have à lagos pogrom very soon no matter who wins .
in my opinion, agbaje is just doing this for his selfish interest, but I can assure u he will fail and we shall continue to leave 2gether as one.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by xtervaganza(m): 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
Maccoy1:
People should stop managing this issue, we should look at it plainly...when PEJ said something about stoning anyone who wanted change, everyone turned against it, even i was angry at her statement...AMBO will surely loose in lagos state
you need an English language teacher asap
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Chinom(m): 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
babamadiba:
Anyway, I stumbled on this and feel it's worth sharing. COPIED: Dear Lagosian, Yoruba are very decent and reasonable people.No tribe will entertain On their Land what is going on in Lagos. We all condemn the statement of OBA AKIOLU.But let us ask ourselves one important question,WHY IS OBA AKIOLU ANGRY WITH IGBOS? My answers are: (1), I will elevate Eze Ndigbo to the status of OBA AKIOLU of Lagos- jimi Agbaje. (2), igbo will determine who rules Lagos- Ifeanyi Ubah. (3), Lagos is no man's Land- Ifeanyi Ubah during Tan Campaign. (4), Igbo developed and controlled Lagos- Jimi Agbaje. (5), We must produce the next deputy Governor of Lagos- Eze Ndigbo. My Questions to IGBOS. (1) Can Obi of Onitsha accepts all the above mentioned? (2) can Emir if Kano accept...? (3) Do you have any single tribe in your Cabinet in the East? (4) Can any tribe claim Onitsha. or Aba to be No Man's Land? (5) Can Obi of Onitsha accept the elevation of Sarkin Hausa in Onitsha to Obi status? My conclusion: We have been living together as brothers and sisters. For years in peace,You must respect our Tradition and Institutions.Ifeanyi Ubah should stop Jumping around Lagos beating drums of War. God bless Yoruba,Hausa, and Igbo!!!!

Your point is noted. But we are talking about LAGOS, not Ogbomosho, Kano, Aba or Ondo. Yoruba's will do themselves a favour when they accept that Lagos does not have the same status with Ogbomosho or Abeokuta in Yoruba land. 90% of the occupants and residents of Lagos are immigrants and migrants from Ondo, Ogun, Anambra, Enugu, Edo, Kano, Kastina etc. Even Ambode himself and Tinubu are immigrants. You do not own Lagos just by virtue of the fact that you are Yoruba.
We all built Lagos. Lagos is a No man's land because the indigenous people of Lagos (not migrants from Oyo, Ogun, Ondo etc) do not make up to 10% of the population. No other state in the Federation received the amount of investments made in Lagos by the Federal republic of Nigeria. It is our collective wealth. Lagos will sooner be made a Federal protected territory before any tribe can lay claim to it.
So my dear Yoruba people, accept Lagos for what it is. Many of my Yoruba friends in Lagos are building houses in their villages in Ondo, Osun and Ekiti. Some of them are here shouting; We own Lagos. Stop dreaming !!.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by SurePresident: 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
prettyboi1:
Beautiful reply. We are all Nigerians first before any tribal labels. In fact I strongly suggest that our government should start punishing strongly anybody who tramples on other people along the lines of religion and/or ethnicity.
Yes, Don Jazzy put Nigeria first before being an igbo and he refused to make imbecilic statement like most of his kinsmen. This is how it should be. Civilized nations like America and others that we aspire to be like will always tell you Country first before tribe. Jazzy is one of the very few intelligent igbos that I admire. Majority of igbos have fart-filled craniums, they've been brainwashed since young age. Whenever an igbo heads a Govt office, he never employs other tribes despite better qualifications, only igbos. tribalism has eaten so deep into igbos that other wiser tribes can NEVER vote an igbo as President. This is the major reason why an igbo shall never rule Nigeria. It's a verified fact that there are triple Nos of Hausas than igbos in Lagos, yet the Hausas give us no head ache whatsoever. But igbos with their leaky diarrhea mouth, are hated by both Yorubas and Hausas in Lagos. For real, I can see where tribalism is guaranteed to end these senseless igbos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
Larryfly:
But seriously Joke's comment got me thinking. They were igbos there when he made the statement and they applauded......what does that mean?
Are we not blowing it out of proportion?
it means some of them were not listening, some were listening but didn't react (some people don't react immediately), the gravity of what he said didn't dawn on them, some people just got out their reverie and joined other to clap...I could go on and on, respect being an addition.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nickymezor(f): 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
If it was a mere joke, den he ova did it ooo....its way too expensive.. words re powerful n shuldnt be misused sad .I jst hope it doesnt mar Ambo chances tho...Amboalldaway cool smiley
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
SurePresident:

Yes, Don Jazzy put Nigeria first before being an igbo and he refused to make imbecilic statement like most of his kinsmen. This is how it should be. Civilized nations like America and others that we aspire to be like will always tell you Country first before tribe. Jazzy is one of the very few intelligent igbos that I admire. Majority of igbos have fart-filled craniums, they've been brainwashed since young age. Whenever an igbo heads a Govt office, he never employs other tribes despite better qualifications, only igbos. tribalism has eaten so deep into igbos that other wiser tribes can NEVER vote an igbo as President. This is the major reason why an igbo shall never rule Nigeria. It's a verified fact that there are triple Nos of Hausas than igbos in Lagos, yet the Hausas give us no head ache whatsoever. But igbos with their leaky diarrhea mouth, are hated by both Yorubas and Hausas in Lagos. For real, I can see where tribalism is guaranteed to end these senseless igbos.
You actually should re-examine yourself, you are filled with hate. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Ngozi24(f): 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
babamadiba:
ngozi is the best! Bless put ur hands 2gether for her[/size][size=8pt] grin

lol
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by ArodeTsolaye: 6:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
Make una rest this issue. E don do.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by chibecanglobal(m): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
thelastmediator:

Spot on. I will urge one of the Igbo leaders in the meeting to come and clarify the situation because I find it difficult to comprehend the applauding after the statement.
NO..the Oba should come and clarify what he meant by those unfortunate comments of his.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Heffalump(m): 6:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:
Ambode will win with landslide victory even with or without your votes. The oba made the comment not Ambode, like you said PEJ made stoning statement but PEJ is the wife of GEJ.

Oba and Ambode are two different people not related by blood or marriage.

As for Joke Silva, she said the right thing. If the Ndigbos at the gathering didn't take it serious so what's the wahala all about?

The Oba was just angry at Igbos towards their attitude at the presidential and he's worried cos he want continuity in Lagos and it is only Ambode that can do that.

Whether you like it or not, Ambode will lose in Lagos and nothing will happen. I am disappointed at the Oba. A whole traditional ruler? chai Eko don Baje.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by shizzleStar: 6:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
SurePresident:

[s]Yes, Don Jazzy put Nigeria first before being an igbo and he refused to make imbecilic statement like most of his kinsmen. This is how it should be. Civilized nations like America and others that we aspire to be like will always tell you Country first before tribe. Jazzy is one of the very few intelligent igbos that I admire. Majority of igbos have fart-filled craniums, they've been brainwashed since young age. Whenever an igbo heads a Govt office, he never employs other tribes despite better qualifications, only igbos. tribalism has eaten so deep into igbos that other wiser tribes can NEVER vote an igbo as President. This is the major reason why an igbo shall never rule Nigeria. It's a verified fact that there are triple Nos of Hausas than igbos in Lagos, yet the Hausas give us no head ache whatsoever. But igbos with their leaky diarrhea mouth, are hated by both Yorubas and Hausas in Lagos. For real, I can see where tribalism is guaranteed to end these senseless igbos[/s].
so says a filthy, deranged yoruba fvcktad. Quite funny to hear a yorba man talk about tribalism...lmao cheesy what an irony!

Suit yourself all you want, but like i've told your fellow yoruba dunces, your frustrations just got started. You can keep whining and lamenting to death- not like we care. How far and how well have yoruba fared down the years that they've had political power?. An average igbo man is more comfortable than the average yoruba man. Only a pea-brain doofus like you still believe that an igbo man needs political power to survive

Like seriously who cares about your hate? Go tell your senseless oba to first get some sense before you come here chatting shyte about sense you despicable scum.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Heffalump(m): 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
AdaNri1:
You actually should re-examine yourself, you are filled with hate. Smh

What is the issue with Hausa and Yoruba in Lagos. You are too backward in your analogy. May be you suddenly discovered the Hausa as your "New found Love" in politics.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by lomprico(m): 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mariojane:
you all are taking paracetamol over someone else headache. cant this story just die down and Nigerians live as one?
You are a yoruba man thats why u can say this.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by EagleNest(m): 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nutase:

This is a very silly comment oga blogger. I have loads of respect for you but this is poo. Was he angry with them because they voted according to their beliefs? Is he their father or their conscience that he should dictate how they should vote? The beauty of democracy is in the freedom of choosing your leaders. Democracy is a game of numbers not a game of intimidation and bitterness. If GEJ was like him this country would have been burnt down.
If God almighty who has all the power in the universe does not force us to do what he wants then nobody including a power drunk mortal should not even attempt it.

Well said! Q.E.D!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by shamecurls(m): 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
WHY IS JIMI SELLING LAGOS STATE TO THE NDIGBOS?

Yorubas are very decent, peaceful, accommodating and reasonable people. No tribe will entertain on their land what is going on in Lagos. And Jimi Agbaje is the cause of all this.

We all condemn the statement of OBA AKIOLU, if it is indeed true, but let us ask ourselves one important question:

WHY IS OBA AKIOLU SEEMS ANGRY WITH IGBOS?

My answers are:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY HONEST QUESTIONS TO IGBOS ARE THESE:

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT THIS IN HIS DOMAIN ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN'S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

My conclusion: We have been living together as brothers for years in peace. You must respect our tradition and institutions. Ifeanyi Ubah should stop jumping around Lagos beating drums of war and divisibility.
And to Jimi Agbaje, stop selling Lagos to the control of the Ndigbos because of your inordinate ambition to be governor of Lagos at all cost.

GOD BLESS YORUBA AND THE NDIGBOS
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by lomprico(m): 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
Larryfly:
But seriously Joke's comment got me thinking. They were igbos there when he made the statement and they applauded......what does that mean?
Are we not blowing it out of proportion?
There were also yoruba pple there has it occurred to u that they were d ones clapping?

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by wasmilebags: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Maccoy1:
People should stop managing this issue, we should look at it plainly...when PEJ said something about stoning anyone who wanted change, everyone turned against it, even i was angry at her statement...AMBO will surely loose in lagos state
Who are you to say ambo will loss my brother don't forget you are only entitle to one vote that even if you ve a voters card and for you to even tink of pdp winning lagos that make you an enemy of lagos all the capital project on ground sud stop so we will be on oppositing side again haba my brother tink twice

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by bewla(m): 6:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
No need for all this drama all na joke
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by Achilies(m): 6:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
silverdam:
Ambode will win with landslide victory even with or without your votes. The oba made the comment not Ambode, like you said PEJ made stoning statement but PEJ is the wife of GEJ.

As for Joke Silva, she said the right thing. If the Ndigbos at the gathering didn't take it serious so what's the wahala all about?

The Oba was just angry at Igbos towards their attitude at the presidential and he's worried cos he want continuity in Lagos and it is only Ambode that can do that.

And the best way to go about it is to threaten genocide on a particular tribe.?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by blaid: 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
Maccoy1:
...and be ready to suffer again, being in the opposition. Better put away sentiments and do the right thing. It's true he was in the wrong so don't go the wrong way too. #justsaying
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by amolak: 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:

this is what i am saying, we all know Igbos voted for pdp in the last election, they still lost, if you don't want to take it as a joke i beg go and ....

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by kingsclass: 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
SurePresident:

It seems you think thru your anus.Your post is not only irrational but irresponsible.Tribalist to the core
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by pastorgodswillm(m): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:

YOU NEED TO REALLY SHORT YOUR MOUTH FOR THAT SILLY STATEMENT YOU JUST MADE. JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE IBOS AND TAKE THEM FOR GRANTD SHOULDN'T MAKE YOU SAY WHAT YOU SAID.

IF AN IGWE IN IBOLAND SHOULD SAY A THING LIKE WHAT THE OBA SAID I KNOW HOW FAR NIGERIAN INCLUDING YOU WILL TAKE IT.

WHAT IS WRONG NO MATTER WHO SAID IT OR HOW IT IS BEEN SAID. WE SHOULD NOT TAKE IT LIGHTLY BECAUSE IT IS APC AND SERIOUS BECAUSE IT IS PDP. WE SHOULD NOT JUSTIFY IT BECAUSE IT IS SAID BY A NORTHERNER OR YORUBA AND CONDEMN IT WHEN AN IGBO MAN SAY IT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by tellwisdom: 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:

Mugu undecided
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by eaglechild: 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
SurePresident:

Stop lying
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by blaid: 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
jimi4us:
PDP propaganda again... Hmmmm
Re: Oby Ezekwesili & Joke Silva Divided Over Oba Of Lagos Igbo Threats by themodernman: 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
contactmorak:
Oby Ezekwesili reacted to the audio tape of the Oba of Lagos,threathening Igbo's. She said she was shocked that people were clapping while the Oba spoke..
Respected Nollywood actress,Joke Silva replied her, saying that means the Igbo leaders understood the context. In essence,they knew the OBA didn't mean those words to be taken as threats.

Oby then told her,there is no justification for those statements. What do you think?

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/04/oby-ezekwesili-joke-silva-divided-over.html

What is d meaning of Kabiyesi? It means "nobody can ask you" so those ppl clapping simply do what is done traditionally because it is an "ewo"-taboo to question

the King culturally. Its left for d Kabiyesi to retract his statement because he's a King & in Monarchy you owe no one an apology.

I'm simply explaining not that I support what he said...so Donjazzy was right with his response.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Marley Brought Mompha On Stage At A Concert (Video) / Wizkid Welcomes 3rd Child With Jada Pollock, His Manager - Nairaplus.com / Wizkid And His Ex-Girlfriend, Tania Omotayo, Party Together In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.