Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? (1347 Views)

I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! / How Powerful Eye Contact With Females Can Be: My Experience / Why Are Some Nigerian Females Very Rude And Aggressive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by tommychow(m): 3:16am On Apr 08, 2015
Sorry, I know it's long yanz. You don't have to read the yanz below, you can answer right away if you get the question.

I've never been the kinda guy to be very emotional with a chick especially when it comes to saying stuffs like "i have feelings for you" (I'm even freaking out typing it right now) i.e. basically difficulty in expressing romantic feelings.
Expressing sexual attraction is no problem at all, imma flirt for days lol.

Lots of females I fancied, I got them hooked with flirting initially and if she was soji enough...as a sharpest nigga, clothes flying lol. Then we get fond of each other to the point she starts expressing deep feelings. In some cases, she's like "i love you", and I'm there looking like a mumu cos I can't pretend the feeling is mutual. I would never deceive anyone, I've got my principles.

Although, I've fallen in love with a female friend before. She was most definitely one of a kind. A NIGERIAN babe with so much class and dignity wanting to be there for me everyday? Since when? Lol. Anyways, I couldn't even tell her ordinary "i have feelings for you" talkless of the L word. That's 3 years ago, it hunts me till now. She's still in jand, I'm in naij now, so no 2nd chance.

So, ladies, would this be a serious problem if I fortunately ended up a serious long-term relationship? Do you NEED (not want) them sweet words for a relationship to work?

Abeg, no razz and obnoxious answers. If you don't have a clue, shut the hell up, yeah? I won't even reply your BS. Act like an adult and help a nigga out. I will sincerely appreciate your constructive input.

FINITO!
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by zadok60: 3:36am On Apr 08, 2015
not so sure
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by sarmiie(m): 4:02am On Apr 08, 2015
there's no one who's unemotional

u just gotta stay long enough
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by eghos12(m): 4:02am On Apr 08, 2015
hmm
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by 7footre(m): 5:12am On Apr 08, 2015
Get off ya high horse pally

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by FLAWLES(f): 6:01am On Apr 08, 2015
*yawns* una no de sleep finish?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by justmag(m): 6:42am On Apr 08, 2015
There is a certain kind of live that will push those words out of your mouth. You haven't met that woman yet! I think it's normal.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by Dotwillis1(m): 6:45am On Apr 08, 2015
FLAWLES:
*yawns* una no de sleep finish?
lol...see her mouth... sleepy girl cheesy
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by sinizia: 7:05am On Apr 08, 2015
tommychow:

So, ladies, would this be a serious problem if I fortunately ended up a serious long-term relationship? Do you NEED (not want) them sweet words for a relationship to work?

There won't be a problem when you finally wanna get serious. You only didn't say the L word because you didn't mean it and you don't like deceiving your partners. To me, that's not bad. At least, it let's the female know you don't care about love but just there for séx.

And yes, both male and female that are truly in love need those sweet words. It kinda reassures couples. It's mere words, but it can spice up relationships and it's like an oil that lubricates the engine of a relationship. So when you find that lady that you truly care about, don't forget to occasionally tell her how much she means to you.
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by tommychow(m): 9:02am On Apr 08, 2015
sinizia:

There won't be a problem when you finally wanna get serious. You only didn't say the L word because you didn't mean it and you don't like deceiving your partners. To me, that's not bad. At least, it let's the female know you don't care about love but just there for séx.

And yes, both male and female that are truly in love need those sweet words. It kinda reassures couples. It's mere words, but it can spice up relationships and it's like an oil that lubricates the engine of a relationship. So when you find that lady that you truly care about, don't forget to occasionally tell her how much she means to you.

Good input, thanks. My case is really bad tbh. I have never said "I love you" directly to anyone in my life. Not to my mother or sister, the two people I can take a bullet for. So, I truly don't know when I'll be capable to say them words.
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by tommychow(m): 9:05am On Apr 08, 2015
7footre:
Get off ya high horse pally

My guy, the horse is tall as f**k, I can't see ground. So, getting off is suicidal.
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by sinizia: 9:16am On Apr 08, 2015
tommychow:

Good input, thanks. My case is really bad tbh. I have never said "I love you" directly to anyone in my life. Not to my mother or sister, the two people I can take a bullet for. So, I truly don't know when I'll be capable to say them words.

I haven't told my mother I love her before but it doesn't mean that I don't. I love my mom more than I can explain. But I feel with time, you'll be able to say it. You haven't loved any of those girls before so that's why you haven't said it. My only fear for you is that you might be incapable of genuinely loving any girl no matter what. Meaning you gon' be cheating for the rest of your life.
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by tommychow(m): 9:29am On Apr 08, 2015
justmag:
There is a certain kind of live that will push those words out of your mouth. You haven't met that woman yet! I think it's normal.

It's normal? Correct! I see a lot guys showing softness, it makes me cringe mehn. Maybe in time as you say. Thanks bruv.
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by tommychow(m): 11:26am On Apr 08, 2015
sarmiie:
there's no one who's unemotional

u just gotta stay long enough

Hmmm, good point. Maybe I should let her know beforehand I'm not the romantic type. At least she'll know what to expect. Thanks mehn.
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by sarmiie(m): 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
tommychow:

Hmmm, good point. Maybe I should let her know beforehand I'm not the romantic type. At least she'll know what to expect. Thanks mehn.

no shii, bro...
god bless
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by tommychow(m): 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
sinizia:

I haven't told my mother I love her before but it doesn't mean that I don't. I love my mom more than I can explain. But I feel with time, you'll be able to say it. You haven't loved any of those girls before so that's why you haven't said it. My only fear for you is that you might be incapable of genuinely loving any girl no matter what. Meaning you gon' be cheating for the rest of your life.

Same here, I do think about it too (not being able to love). Sometimes, I feel it's cos I haven't completely gotten over the girl from my past. It's like I want to meet her exact personality and share exactly what we had but it's unrealistic. God help me lol. Cheers!
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
3 years is a long time ago to still be pining over a lost love that you can't get back or don't want to get back.

So you say you are emotionally unavailable yet you want to date even if you are nice to the next girlfriend out of obligation and guilt for all the love she may shower on you, you may not be able to return the favor and she will keep banging her head on the wall.

I hope you open up so you can find true love
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by CashdownNG: 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
abeg make una no mind me..

#booked.
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by tommychow(m): 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
andromida:
3 years is a long time ago to still be pining over a lost love that you can't get back or don't want to get back.

So you say you are emotionally unavailable yet you want to date even if you are nice to the next girlfriend out of obligation and guilt for all the love she may shower on you, you may not be able to return the favor and she will keep banging her head on the wall.

I hope you open up so you can find true love

I get want you mean. I think in time I'll open up but as for now I need to know if me being an interesting, intelligent and funny flirt ( wink) is enough to compensate for my incapability to go all Richard Gere on her.

Cheers kiss
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
tommychow:

I get want you mean. I think in time I'll open up but as for now I need to know if me being an interesting, intelligent and funny flirt ( wink) is enough to compensate for my incapability to go all Richard Gere on her.

Cheers kiss

Hehehehe cheesy

Yeah it will be enough.....for now.

Go all Richard Gere on her? Awwww cheesy please go there cheesy.
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by tommychow(m): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
andromida:

Hehehehe cheesy

Yeah it will be enough.....for now.

Go all Richard Gere on her? Awwww cheesy please go there cheesy.

What if ur the one for me tho? kiss

Stop blushing.
Re: Nigerian Females, Can You Do Serious Relationship With An Unemotional Guy? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
tommychow:

What if ur the one for me tho? kiss

Stop blushing.

The one for you

(1) (Reply)

See The Various Prices Of Marrying An Ibo Lady / Dedicate A Song To Your Lover Expressing Your Feelings / The Sincere Truth About Men..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.