Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu (41974 Views)

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" / OPC Warns Against Staging Biafra Protest In South West / Stop The Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu- OPC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by nosike3(m): 4:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
golddust6000:
DOnt mind that big anumpam, representing 512 bro
nwanne mmadu!! You fit show on Saturday so I can bless you with some bottles of well brewed oompah and some Isi ewu!! Don't mind the YORUBA PIG! ewa agoyin and severe poverty has spoilt his brain! grin

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by rigarmortis: 4:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
huptin:
I am a Lagos indigene... while i did not support the speech of the Oba in whatever context he made it..... the subsequent vituperations and total lack of tact deployed by some people to the extent of denigrating the royal stool is really annoying...No where else and i mean no where else can that be tolerated.

the oba of lagos with all due respect is not greater than the queen of England, and I have seen people poke fun at her, even on TV, watch top gear, on a BBC channel, they make fun of her a lot, on QI, a programme on the same BBC channel 120 on dstv, someone said he would like to fruck her, but her hairs has all the fifty shades of grey.

all the over respect of elders is what is killing us, when one of them fhukcs up, it should be condemned, if they were so god-like, the British would have never ruled us.

I am not for the hurling of insults at an old man, but this blind respect is not it at all, it encourages everything from corruption to impunity to rapye that this country is passing through right now, respect is earned not by grey hairs but by your actions, words, or the lack of such when necessary.

wisdom.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by nosike3(m): 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
hayatou27:

did I just read oil money from the east.?? maybe palm oil money... as at the last time I checked it was only niger delta that produces crude oil. stop spreading lies
clap for yourself!! Olodo oshii!! Only Niger delta has oil!! Even ondo state has oil but the uneducated poverty strikened marasmic nitwit doesn't know!! YORUBA PIG!! Chai! grin

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
OPC is saying this because they already know the monarch has mental issues and have accepted him that way,they have been accommodating his excesses locally till he decided to make it known and removed his shokoto in the market.
I plead with Igbos and all lovers of democracy to forgive him.
He is not in control
He is being manipulated by forces beyond him
He needs our corporate prayers
He is as much an embarrassment to his people as he is to the whole nation.

Here is the oba in December 2014, way before this latest incident if you doubt it

(LAGOS)The traditional ruler of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu has gone wild over his support for the All Progressives Congress (APC) gubernatorial candidate in Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode as the next governor of Lagos State.

Sources at the Oba’s palace told our reporter that Oba Akiolu has gone practically wild, mincing no words about his preference for Ambode, while placing curses on anybody that is seen as opposing the APC gubernatorial candidate.

”Last week, Oba Akiolu received some prominent indigenes of Lagos and politicians in his palace where he started raining curses and abuses on anybody that does not support Ambode. He said any family that is against Ambode in Lagos will perish and will never be prosperous.

”What came out from Oba Akiolu’s mouth shocked a lot of people, because he is supposed to be father to everybody in Lagos. A lot of people there were angry with Oba Akiolu because he has no reason to place curses on anybody that is not in support of his candidate”. Our source stated.

Meanwhile, we gathered that some top APC politicians in Lagos are already withdrawing their supports for Akinwunmi Ambode over what they described as the overzealousness and domineering posture of Oba Akiolu.

”Oba Akiolu can not push us like children. We have a mind of our own and if Ambode needs us, he will come and sell himself to us. Not for any Oba that doesn’t have any constitutional role to play in Lagos politics be placing curses on his subjects. This is the same Oba Akiolu that couldn’t secure a House of Representatives ticket for his son at the APC primaries.

“Oba Akiolu’s son was disgraced at the APC House of Rep. primaries. So, he should not destroy Ambode’s chances with his unguided utterances.”A top APC politician informed us.

On the other hand, we were told that the APC National Leader and former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu is not happy with the utterances of the Lagos monarch, ”Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not part of it. He will definitely call Kabiyesi to order.
You can not coerce people to vote for Ambode, we must appeal to them”. One of Tinubu’s aides told us yesterday.

It would be recalled that Oba Rilwan Akiolu had publicly threw his support for Ambode as Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola’s successor during a book launch earlier in May, 2014. Oba Akiolu was quoted to to have said “

“You people know me well that I don’t hide my feelings on where I stand on issues. We the royal fathers have consulted widely within the state with the sons and daughters of Lagos and have come to the conclusion that the best person to take over from Mr Babatunde Fashola, the iconic governor of Lagos State is Mr Akinwunmi Ambode.

”We can not have a man like this and allow somebody whose father is an Oba in Ewekoro, Ogun State to be our next governor in Lagos State. Although, Lagos State belongs to every Nigerian to actualise the Nigerian dream, Ambode remains the best man with the required pedigree and character to take Lagos State to the next level”.

http://newsinvestigatorsng.com/oba-akiolu-places-curses-on-ambodes-opponents/
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by millionboi(m): 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
adioolayi:
Awon omo ale Yoruba lo fe fa arifin si Oriade.
u r a coward

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by deadie(m): 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
Omololu007:
ibo wont just b drowned in d lagoon if ambode doesnt win,ibos blood will flow on d street of lagos on dat day.foolish parasite

Taa monkey banana. Go back to your cage.

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Arysexy(m): 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
[s]
deolumike:
that's because a New Yorker will reciprocate the deed. Igbo people are. not as hospitable as Yorubas. that's a fact. Igbo people treat visiting Yoruba people in the east like aliens. it's wrong and condemnable. It is hypocritical to hold other people to a higher standard than you hold yourself.
[/s]

Show us proof or shut up. Go to onitsha main market and see ur people selling fabrics and lace materials freely, they even have yoruba line where yoruba tailors have colonized. U lots that don't travel will stay in oshogbo yapping dust.

Come to ph, Yoruba taxi drivers have taken over d taxi business. Nobody is raising dust about it, But We won't hear word for u jealous stricken people about Lagos. Why are u people not crying about igbos in abeokuta, ibadam, oshogbo? Why always lagos that was drveloped by all.

If una cant compete with igbos in lag, pack ur load and go back to osun.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Horlufemi(m): 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
LadyAmaka:
In all of these, I blame no taut insulting Igbos because my people caused it. If they had learnt from Biafra war, no Igbo person would have allow his/her kobo invested anywhere in Nigeria outside east because the idiots will never appreciate your efforts in upgrading their region. It is better to invest outside this wrong entity called Nigeria than waste it investing outside Eastern Nigeria.If Igbos had poured the amount they wasted outside eastern part of Nigeria in the east, it would have become world class cities. It serves them right. More of that should be meted out to them until they learn to know that an enemy is always an enemy.

Why are you talking as if Igbo's single handedly developed Lagos.

You should have developed the east better than Lagos is that is true. Lagos was greener pastures that's why you are here. Don't be an ingrate.

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by austinvsb1(m): 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
nosike3:
ha!!! grin you want to transform my life for the best and you didn't tell me since!!! shocked I stay at 22 road festac town amuwo odofin lagos!!! wink god bless your Fvcking lagoon oba and bless you thot of a mother!!! YORUBA PIG angry grin

A weakling that cannot drop a correct phone number says that's his address. Drop a correct phone number first, your address won't be needed directly from you. Transformation will visit you automatically before sunday! Punkass Coward! It's only Internet noise that you idiots can make. Don't worry, the stage is almost set!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by HirstMOG(m): 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
Omololu007:
fool1sh ibo boy,go and ask d clueless ijaw man in aso rock who OPC is...olori pelebe omo nna

That lagoon will soon swallow you, your family and your oba!!!

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by trublood(m): 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
isn't it time we stop this nonsense? Time and time again this people have used tribalism and religion to keep us stagnant and we haven't improved as a society for years. It is time to grow up, think before you react. We need to learn from history if not then from other African countries, forget this people they don't have the best intentions for us, we are the youths of today and some of us might be leaders tomorrow please lets let peace reign for once. Proudly Nigerian.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Dcaliphate(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
Deltagiant:
Black Africans are most times stupid. So "sacredness of the stool" must be defended even when the occupier is threatening the lives of innocent law abiding people? You guys must be big time jokers!!!!!

Leaders that were one zillion times more powerful than the Oba of Lagos Island were dethroned and even killed cos of their demeanor.
Would an Akiolu even shine the shoes of Hitler or Musolinni? NO

Idiiots!
epic!
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Shabii: 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
Texcoco:
OPC are just noisemakers like their basket mouth Oba..The bastard Oba and OPC can go to hell...
hey Texcoc,please be careful of what u post lately,i quite und that this month had got everyone on thier edges cause of the elections but nevertheless we should all try to remain calm and not try to fuel unecesssary angers.
We remain one nigeria even when we win or loose.mind u,cause this is a faceless forum doessnt mean u cant be traced.i ve been seeing ur comments lately and i just had to warn u, u never knw who is watchin.Nigeria had grown bigger than xterday,pls be careful!the SSS is everywhere.thanks for und smiley
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by golddust6000(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
nosike3:
nwanne mmadu!! You fit show on Saturday so I can bless you with some bottles of well brewed oompah and some Isi ewu!! Don't mind the YORUBA PIG! ewa agoyin and severe poverty has spoilt his brain! grin
hahaha, i am in Germany now studying, thanx bro. Even here in Germany, most yoruba students can't express themselves, it's a big shame to me, they lack composure.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by nosike3(m): 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
deadie:

Chai!!! Nice one!! grin monkey nke banana!! Classic!! grin good for the yoruba pig!! angry
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
nosike3:
put your bloody dp so I can identify you from a distance!! angry you can see mine can't you?? grin you're so scared you had to remove you dp before you could comment!!! CHAI!!! YORUBA PIG!!! angry
DROP YOUR REAL NUMBER BRO...
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Dcaliphate(m): 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:
The oba has denigrated his seat. No apologies for any unbecoming response from anyone against an oba who speaks like a "motor park tout." OPC should find something else to do.
in other news, I find it uncharitable that most yorubas cite Lagos as an example of yorubas being tolerant forgetting Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria. These mischievous people should for once cite one of the core yorubas states to prove their hospitable nature. Who are they deceiving
i love u!!!
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by mrtimycc(m): 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
doyen208:

You igbos should stop insulting the oba b4 we Yoruba will back him up with fight. You guys have to give him respect. And if u don't knw our culture , u have to learn it.
Mumu what are u waiting for? Action speak louder than words!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by iiiyyyk(m): 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
CC: Lalasticlala

The Oba must NEVER be disrespected. EVER

Nowhere in Nigeria -east of the Niger- is the Yoruba or any other tribe accorded the kind of gesture the Igbos have been enjoying in Lagos in the last 12 or so years since these bonafide Igbo men entered into the Lagos political scene.

And no where in nigeria, do yorubas contribute, what igbos contribute to the development of lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Geesanni: 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
nosike3:
Anierobi Nosike is my name.. 08024312010 my number.. you want a challenge? Tell me where to meet you and lets know who the bigger coward is!
MUMU is my name.. 08024312010 my number.. you want a challenge? Tell me where U CAN KILL ME and lets know who the bigger coward is!(RIP Anierobi Nosike,SUN RE OOO.UR FILE JST REACH US.)PLS MEET ME AT D OBA PALACE ASK OF PRINCE GEE IF U RE SOO IN A HURRY TO MEET UR ANCESTOR.MEANWHILE UR NO ISNT GOIN
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by millionboi(m): 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
john4reala:
John & co limited is urging all Igbo to buy their
swimming suit at cheaper rate
IRON SWIMMING SUIT - 2000+ crocodile will never near
you
PLASTIC - 1500+crocodile will only visit you and may
eat one of your legs
COTTON- 1200+crocodile will rush you
rush while offer last after 13th of this month .... wish all
Igbos happy swimming
ur mother p.u..ssy wil be d lagoon d igbos wil swim,thy wil use con.dom as dia swimin suit I.diot

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Omololu007(m): 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
deadie:

e b lik say dat my post pain u gan flat head
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by nosike3(m): 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
golddust6000:
hahaha, i am in Germany now studying, thanx bro. Even here in Germany, most yoruba students can't express themselves, it's a big shame to me, they lack composure.
no p!! More power to your elbow!! Make us proud!! grin !!! Halla me whenever you come around!! The Isi ewu stands for eternity!! grin!!! Back to the matter!! OBA AKIOLU, KING OF THE LAGOON, SPOKESMAN FOR THE PIGS AND DROWNER OF THE IGBO RACE!! MORE CANNIBONOL TO YOUR ROYAL VIENS AND MORE RAINY SEASONS TO NURTURE YOU ETERNALLY FLOWING LAGOON!!! angry kabiyesi ohhhh!! grin

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by cococandy(f): 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
Don't mind the ediots
Deltagiant:
Black Africans are most times stupid. So "sacredness of the stool" must be defended even when the occupier is threatening the lives of innocent law abiding people? You guys must be big time jokers!!!!!

Leaders that were one zillion times more powerful than the Oba of Lagos Island were dethroned and even killed cos of their demeanor.
Would an Akiolu even shine the shoes of Hitler or Musolinni? NO

Idiiots!

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Omololu007(m): 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
iiiyyyk:

And no where in nigeria, do yorubas contribute, what igbos contribute to the development of lagos.
what are d ibos contributin to d development of lagos,dat d yorubas are not contributin,pls list dem out?
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by deadie(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Omololu007:
e b lik say dat my post pain u gan flat head

No, it did not pain me. It only made me realise the kind of things that come to Nairaland. Who owns you by the way?
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by kenny987(f): 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
It is so sad to see children and people that were born just a few years ago open their mouths and say "We Yorubas have 'allowed' your businesses to prosper and you have lived peacefully among us..." Some of you do not even know when the businesses and people came to be where they are other than by stories u are told by ur forebears and as a result of mere accident of birth into a particular tribe, you feel you are more superior to the others... It is a great shame.

Ask yourselves, 'What exactly has an Igbo man done to me personally?' Or 'what offence has a Yoruba person committed against me'? When you can answer the question honestly and objectively then u can talk..and to think that at some point u probably all grew up in one big compound or area together then because someone says they're not originally from here they should go and drown in the lagoon!

Are there not some Yorubas in support of Jimi Agbaje? Is Jimi himself not Yoruba and his supposed blood relative? Why didn't the Oba, if he did not mean any mischief, confine them to the fate of being drowned in the lagoon? So what gives him the audacity to say what he did against the Igbos? It is the height of vindictiveness and we all need to ask questions and be sure that we are doing things the right way. If u did not experience the civil war, shut up and stop spoiling for a fight or war! Look at other countries who have gone through such civil wars, they are still yet to recover as we have and the resilience of the supposed 'vanquished' people is not in doubt.

Don't sit behind a computer and attempt to start what u cannot finish! You are fortunate to own a gadget with internet access, think about the street urchins, kids and aged senior citizens who will be caught in the crossfire after all these agitations! Let's not mention economic losses and setbacks! Everyone deserves honour and respect, it is not too much for him to apolgize for his gaffe because he clearly victimised a set of people. No Igbo or any other tribe has 'denigrated' the stool/office of the Oba till now so deal with the cause and the symptoms will disappear. The cause is not co-existing as a people in Lagos, it is deliberately picking on and threatening the very lives and livelihoods of a people!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by nosike3(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Geesanni:
MUMU is my name.. 08024312010 my number.. you want a challenge? Tell me where U CAN KILL ME and lets know who the bigger coward is!(RIP Anierobi Nosike,SUN RE OOO.UR FILE JST REACH US.)PLS MEET ME AT D OBA PALACE ASK OF PRINCE GEE IF U RE SOO IN A HURRY TO MEET UR ANCESTOR.MEANWHILE UR NO ISNT GOIN
niggas calling me like I'm their president!! My file don reach you!! cry mo fe ku ohhhh!! Yea yea yea!! cry please I don't want to die!!! grin I want to live!!! grin FILTHY YORUBA PIG!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by cococandy(f): 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
IDEKEALUMONA:

Comparing any state in the SE doesn't make any sense. No state in the SE has been a Federal capital.
they are too dumb to get that

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by hotwax: 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
[size=28pt]Why is Nairaland not banning this tribal slurs?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by MrDojo(m): 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
golddust6000:

Chairman dis yur lie Gon...!!! na wa oh
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Geesanni: 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
chiedu7:

[size=18pt]LET THE OBA OF LAGOS ISSUE A HEART FELT APOLOGY FIRST[/size]
[size=18pt]AFTER U HAVE SLAP UR FATHER because HE ERR,U SHUD NW POSTRATE TO U.U AND UR RACE MUST B A BASTARD [/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill 15 Boko Haram Members In Sambisa Forest, Recover Heavy Weapons / Abba Kyari Vs Monguno: Jokolo Says Buhari Recognises COS As ‘Deputy President’ / How Did Ijaw Become The 4th Largest Ethnic Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.