Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu (41975 Views)

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" / OPC Warns Against Staging Biafra Protest In South West / Stop The Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu- OPC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
dearpreye:

Theory. Even if there are curses, their effects can only bear on people like you!

It doesn't work on others. ...

lol. Don't take it personal...curses always work because it has a cause. I have not cursed the King and so I don't have anything to do with it.

God said to Abraham those who bless you shall be blessed and those who curse you shall be cursed. You don't have to believe that you will be cursed just because you cursed Abraham.

The principle doesn't look at your colour, face or affinity. If you curse a yoruba Oba on his own land you are cursed and that land start to go against you. It doesn't matter whether you are native or stranger. These things are deeper than you know. If only you know what it means to be an Oba.

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by nosike3(m): 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
austinvsb1:

It says your number is not available on the airtel network! Such a weakling and a corward! Drop a reachable number na if you be man! Oloshi!!
which number is unreachable sad CHAI!! This people wont kill me!!! grin oya send me a pm!!! cool YORUBA INCREDIBLE HULK!!! grin
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by austinvsb1(m): 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
ibedun:
[size=14pt]I love all these Igbo (unfortunately the stakeless ones, those with no tangible stake or investment in Lagos) insults.

I hope this time Yorubas will react.

Igbos are critical ingrates and if their presence in the SW is not checked aggressively and ruthlessly, they will not keep their gubs shut.

The 99 year lease term on the lands bought by the Igbos should reduced to 30 by passing a bill in the state house of assembly.

These visitors must be despatched to their homeland regardless of the economic consequences.

This is going beyond tolerable.[/size]

There should be a mass protest to actualize this! Never have I been tribalistic on this forum or elsewhere but the stu.pidity from this Igbos is getting on my nerves real badly! You have been warned! When I Told y'all earlier that the OPC boys are almost done, u think it's a joke. It's till after saturday u will know who the real owners of Eko are!

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Musaspp(m): 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Well written.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by gbishman: 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
A leader should be groomed in the act of diplomacy, respect for human dignity. This utterance made by the Yoruba leader is out rightly wrong and despicable. How on earth will subjects dare insult a leader if he hasn't placed himself in such a position.
The Oba of Benin (may his reign never end) will never condescend to such levels of swearing publicly and in sighting violence amongst people who have lived peacefully over the years due to his own personal interest.
He should apologise to the people of Lagos be it Yoruba or Igbo or any other tribe.
One of the qualities of a leader should be humility.
I hope he realises it.
No swear in this world would affect any social media blogger.

2 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by austinvsb1(m): 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
nosike3:
which number is unreachable sad CHAI!! This people wont kill me!!! grin oya send me a pm!!! cool YORUBA INCREDIBLE HULK!!! grin

Drop a reachable number or mess off! I.mbecilic corward!!
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by AgentMS: 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
Octaves:
You Yorubas' w tknow what- Shove ur hospitality and good host bullshit up ur arses. So east of the Niger, the Yorubas and hausas are not well received? What other Yoruba state has non indigenes in political positions- none! That shows there is nothing special non indigenes gain in Yoruba land. Lagos is a different case because it was the capital of the country. So the FG put a lot of invesments there. The reason it is an economic super power is the effort of every Nigerian that live there not just Yorubas (it's like the FG moving the capital from Abj and hausas claiming they are doing everybody else residing there a favor for living there and trying to control them). This is Nigeria for heaven's sake not a group of countries with different identities. There is freedom of movement. The Yorubas should understand that. You guys like to sing about how you guys are so tolerant to allow non indigenes to come and invest in and develop your land as if would have said no to investments. The reason Lagos is the way it is today goes back to when it was the capital and technically a no man's land. Every body was there and they built Lagos not just the Yorubas. So you guys are not doing anybody any favor.

Cry me holy water, go back to your land and develop it. People that their forefathers cannot even build an empire are now the ones that will build a city for others. Yeye dey smell.

We are doing you a favour, so shut up.

We did not beg you to come, na you waka come our prosperous and beautiful land by yourself. If you are pained that it is a yorubaland, jump inside the Atlantic Ocean and swim to the nearest State in SE that has a sea shore.

Unfortunately, there is none. grin

Are y1bos the only ones in Lagos. Set of noise making and chest beating crowd that lacks decorum.

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Arysexy(m): 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
[s]
Adewunmi84:
I have decided to kept mute on this issue not until I saw some silly goats on nairaland who called themselves igbo spewing gibberish.Quite alright,we know that oba of lagos have spoken in excess of what was expected of him but the yorubas including those who own the party he was campaigning for during the meeting with the igbos have apologised on behalf of the monarch.It is so rude,disrespectful,ungrateful and foolish for people to continue calling the oba different kind of names especially on nairaland after the oba's palace have denied by saying that people miscontrued what the oba said.Some stupid people here on nairaland went as far as asking question to know which help have the yorubas really done to the igbos in lagos state.How I wish this kind of thing happened in the northern states and you guys keep insulting their emirs the way you are insulting kabiyesi.The fact remains that the oba really messed up but the igbos should have been cool and calm up to the point of election day n then speak with their votes rather than insulting the monarch.Because the yorubas don't like keeping enemies does not mean that they don't know what they are doing.You can't come from your villages and lay claim to what doesn't belong to you.Something the yorubas n the other tribes can't even try in your villages.It is so good to know that the igbos contributed meaningfully to the development of lagos state but that does not equate to that lagos is no man's land.This is south west but not SS/SE.I urge you igbos that if you think Lagos state will not develop more if you guys leave to your various villages,I challenge you to go back to your various villages and develop them.But the problem is that these guys will never want to leave lagos state to develop their villages.I only called this,greediness.They wl never go back.Just continue developing lagos state and am sure one day you guys will not have choice than to leave.Ungrateful people.Bastard people. That's for sure...
[/s]

Thunder blast bastards like u May leper wither d fingers u used to type this balderdash.

Which of the yorubas apologised? Did u say oba chief deny? Have u watched d video?

U and ur likes are wild animals. Thunder finish u there. Goat!
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by nosike3(m): 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
belabela:

lol. Don't take it personal...curses always work because it has a cause. I have not cursed the King and so I don't have anything to do with it.

God said to Abraham those who bless you shall be blessed and those who curse you shall be cursed. You don't have to believe that you will be cursed just because you cursed Abraham.

The principle doesn't look at your colour, face or affinity. If you curse a yoruba Oba on his own land you are cursed and that land start to go against you. It doesn't matter whether you are native or stranger. These things are deeper than you know. If only you know what it means to be an Oba.
keep quiet myopic nitwit!! angry alright bro!! I've given you the permission to curse me!! Have a swell day!! cool and hail the le king le de lagoon for me!!! grin
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by wisdomguy4u(m): 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
Enough of all this lashing on the Oba of lagoon . Let's forgive and forget. Show some respect to the Oba of lagoon

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
dapsonlou:

They said they own half of Lagos cos they all bought one plot of land Each, If you leave omo onile will sell your one Plot.
sebi awa la n ta ile fun won.Can they sell land for us in onitsha,awka,enugu n d likesThey shud pls be very kaiful.my fear is that if jimi Agbaje wins the election.igbo wil contest under PDP platform and win in 2019 and na there the tin go end..ingrates!!!

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by gpovo(m): 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
Deltagiant:
Black Africans are most times stupid. So "sacredness of the stool" must be defended even when the occupier is threatening the lives of innocent law abiding people? You guys must be big time jokers!!!!!

Leaders that were one zillion times more powerful than the Oba of Lagos Island were dethroned and even killed cos of their demeanor.
Would an Akiolu even shine the shoes of Hitler or Musolinni? NO

Idiiots!
Na wa 4 dis dogs and baboons wen dey talk rubish here o....d oba get level reach GEJ b4 una insult am lke small pikin Idiots !!! Una dey support am say because na him sabi talk foolish tins pass.......e 4 come talk dat kind stupid talk 4 warri make we catch am.....and we 4 do am like d way youths do erheni king 4 delta....foolish monkies dat supports useless talks. Sssssshhhhhoooooorrrrrrrtttttt uuuuuppppp.

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by nosike3(m): 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
austinvsb1:

Drop a reachable number or mess off! I.mbecilic corward!!
put a dp on your profile so I can be sure that you really exist not some robot from Mars speaking!!! grin!! In short drop ya number and me halla you!!! angry!!! YORUBA ASSSHOLE! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by luggy(m): 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
Oba of lagos And so called OPC are ediot . mad people

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Tolubory(m): 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
shocked O ya mi lé ñú o....
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by BabaO2: 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
huptin:
I am a Lagos indigene... while i did not support the speech of the Oba in whatever context he made it..... the subsequent vituperations and total lack of tact deployed by some people to the extent of denigrating the royal stool is really annoying...No where else and i mean no where else can that be tolerated.

What action did u take to stop the ignoramus ?
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by hedonistic: 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
huptin:
I am a Lagos indigene... while i did not support the speech of the Oba in whatever context he made it..... the subsequent vituperations and total lack of tact deployed by some people to the extent of denigrating the royal stool is really annoying...No where else and i mean no where else can that be tolerated.

You and your owambe Oba are very daft. Nowhere else would you see a traditional ruler make such statements. It is even tolerable to be openly partisan, but to shamelessly come out and order an entire ethnic group to vote for your preferred candidate or risk "dying in the lagoon" is the most disgraceful thing any public figure (let alone oba) can say. Even mere militants like Asari Dokubo have never said anything that bad.

The foolish Oba deserves all the scorn and insult he has been receiving. He deserves even more - he should be prosecuted and jailed for inciting the public and disrupting public law and order. Useless iiidiot of an Oba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by nosike3(m): 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
Enough of all this lashing on the Oba of lagoon . Let's forgive and forget. Show some respect to the Oba of lagoon
kabiyesi ohh!! May your ogogoro never run dry!! May your lagoon never overflow!! May the tree that produce thee royal weed bloom in rainy season and in dry season as well!!! KABIYESI OHHHHHHH!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
belabela:

Please, spare me those lengthy sermons.

I'm not under the jurisdiction of your Oba!

His words CANNOT have ANY effects on me. Obviously, his words aren't even important to him.

1 Like

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
manny4life:

You mean a King who isn't worthy to be called a king?

You mean a king who has difficulty controlling his temperament?

You mean a king who knowingly incites and energize hate?

Even the gods of your land, if they are peaceful, will reject him, let alone the GOD who created the heaven and earth... It is a curse of the curseless than CANNOT stand. If a king doesn't respect his ancestral throne, then he shouldn't be mad when other disrespect his throne.

The King has spoken! Do I agree with him? NO. Do cheifs and people always agree with the King? NO.

Do they have a right to curse the King? NO Why? Because he's King.

Knowing how to talk is very important. Just because my boss has said things that offend me doesn't mean I have to start abusing him. I will never win that argument.

Oba said things that I am sure most people present were not happy with. But going about calling the Oba names and cursing him is an invitation of curses that MFM may find difficult to cleanse from you
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Arysexy(m): 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
I spit and throw cattarrh on the useless oba face. Bastard!

OPC should do their worst already, foolish man worshippers!
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by redsun(m): 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
Adewunmi84:
I have decided to kept mute on this issue not until I saw some silly goats on nairaland who called themselves igbo spewing gibberish.Quite alright,we know that oba of lagos have spoken in excess of what was expected of him but the yorubas including those who own the party he was campaigning for during the meeting with the igbos have apologised on behalf of the monarch.It is so rude,disrespectful,ungrateful and foolish for people to continue calling the oba different kind of names especially on nairaland after the oba's palace have denied by saying that people miscontrued what the oba said.Some stupid people here on nairaland went as far as asking question to know which help have the yorubas really done to the igbos in lagos state.How I wish this kind of thing happened in the northern states and you guys keep insulting their emirs the way you are insulting kabiyesi.The fact remains that the oba really messed up but the igbos should have been cool and calm up to the point of election day n then speak with their votes rather than insulting the monarch.Because the yorubas don't like keeping enemies does not mean that they don't know what they are doing.You can't come from your villages and lay claim to what doesn't belong to you.Something the yorubas n the other tribes can't even try in your villages.It is so good to know that the igbos contributed meaningfully to the development of lagos state but that does not equate to that lagos is no man's land.This is south west but not SS/SE.I urge you igbos that if you think Lagos state will not develop more if you guys leave to your various villages,I challenge you to go back to your various villages and develop them.But the problem is that these guys will never want to leave lagos state to develop their villages.I only called this,greediness.They wl never go back.Just continue developing lagos state and am sure one day you guys will not have choice than to leave.Ungrateful people.Bastard people. That's for sure...

Nigeria is a country,any Nigerian can live and thrive where ever he or she deems suitable. But because of your undying tribal instinct,even when you could be a graduate,you think backward. Totally misunderstanding and misinterpreting what a simple thing like a country means.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
dearpreye:

Please, spare me those lengthy sermons.

I'm not under the jurisdiction of your Oba!

His words CANNOT have ANY effects on me. Obviously, his words aren't even important to him.

Time will tell
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by wildikeman(m): 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Tell me the name of the person that killed Adolph hitler. I don't know how you value thrones but it is very very disrespectful. You can't try that in places like kano or katsina.
nobody killed Hitler...but Mussolini was killed.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Herald47: 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
For an igboman to become a commissioner in lagos i don't see a big deal there,lagos was our capital for almost a century,the igbos contributed over 40% to it's development,most infrastructure there where being built using the oil money from the east e.g murtala mohammed int'l airport,third mainland bridge,eko bridge,nitel,t.b.s,national theatre,peugeut assembly plant ojo,apapa seaport,tincan island seaport,lekki seaport,constain flyover,oshodi flyover,badagry exp. Way,apapa-oshodi exp. Way and many more,when the fg(with the oil money from the east),the igbos,the yorubas,the hausas and other minority group finish developing abuja and the gwaris comes tomorrow to say that they developed it by themselves that the non-indigenes should be grateful to them,is it not ungratefulness?

4 Likes

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by itetemi: 3:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
dearpreye:
Insults are inadequate; the Oba deserves a hot, diagonal, slap across his face.

We can only control our words; we can't really control the reactions of people towards our careless words.

The consequences that often accompany our careless words normally outweigh whatever momentary pleasure we may derived when we were spewing them.

The Oba fetched ant-infested firewood; the lizards have come knocking!

and the way you people are going about it, there will be another reaction to this overdo by igbos and guess what, the ibos are the loosers.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by ayindejimmy(m): 3:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:
The oba has denigrated his seat. No apologies for any unbecoming response from anyone against an oba who speaks like a "motor park tout." OPC should find something else to do.
in other news, I find it uncharitable that most yorubas cite Lagos as an example of yorubas being tolerant forgetting Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria. These mischievous people should for once cite one of the core yorubas states to prove their hospitable nature. Who are they deceiving
Before Lagos was the capital of Nigeria,was it in oblivion? Were the Aworis and Eguns not in Lagos since inception?
The Oba has clarified his comment. APC had apologized. But you people want the Oba dethrone so you can put an Ibo man there. I guess only that will please u.
... Was any Ibo even going to vote Apc prior to that comments?
It's better we just move on from there cos the reactions are also getting as ludicrous as the comment
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Octaves(m): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
AgentMS:

Cry me holy water, go back to your land and develop it. People that their forefathers cannot even build an empire are now the ones that will build a city for others.

We are doing you a favour, so shut up.

We did not beg you to come, na you waka come our prosperous and beautiful land by yourself. If you are pained that it is a yorubaland, jump inside the Atlantic Ocean and swim to the nearest State in SE that has a sea shore.

Unfortunately, there is none. grin

Are y1bos the only ones in Lagos. Set of noise making and chest beating crowd that lacks decorum.
your people are the ones crying a river. Their dulling selves can't keep up with the igbos hence the bitterness and complaints- igbo this igbo that. Not that we want the land but as long as there is one Nigeria, You guys cant even force us out of Lagos else naija will be a thing of the past. Deluded tribalist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Gracyel(f): 3:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
huptin:

I didnt say any body got lands free in Lagos... but i believe that even in hell somethings are sacred.... i will never insult the Obi of Onitsha or the Sultan of Sokoto no matter their utterance.... not because of their person but because of the people they represent, the tradition they identify with and the heritage they uphold.

Ogbeni, respect is reciprocal. One who doesnt respect himself no matter how old or mighty he is cannot expect or demand respect. Respect is EARNED!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
redsun:

Nigeria is a country,any Nigerian can live and thrive where ever he or she deems suitable. But because of your undying tribal instinct,even when you could be a graduate,you think backward. Totally misunderstanding and misinterpreting what a simple thing like a country means.
if u can keep quiet and let some he-goats to molest ur king the way they like,then u av done well.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by BiafranPrince: 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Biafrans developing other peoples lands re fools oh my God.

Come to Biafra land and do your investment, build your edifice.
You all can see, Nigeria is not one and can never be one.

When we march for freedom, hope these ones are not gonna be saboteurs to our effort, if any of them does, we kill him/her before anything.

Mad mad people, you have seen it. Infact, you will continue to get more insults and threats till you retrace your steps.
Re: Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Just the way they cautioned their people when they were insulting office of the presidency.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

CAPTION This Photo Of Bukola Saraki And Tinubu's Wife At The National Assembly / Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria / Ateke Tom Sues APC: Pete Edochie, Protesters Storm Court In Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.