Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,607 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" (50988 Views)

Orji Kalu: "Fayose Hid In My House For 90 Days In 2003, Obasanjo Killed Many" / Photos Of The Six Nigerian Red Cross Workers Killed In Rann Air Strike Borno / Boko Haram Fleeing 4rm Sambisa Forest Following Air Strike By Soldiers(pix,video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by malagu: 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
I directed air strike at terrorists but the fighter jet misfires killing many civilians and aid workers, says Irabor

Barely 24 hours after completing a successful guided tour of Sambisa forest involving a federal government team, the Bring Back Our Girls group and selected foreign and local journalists to search for the missing Chibok girls, the Army said a fighter jet had misfired and shot some humanitarian aid workers of the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC), the Medicines Sans Frontiers and some civilians in Kala Balge in Borno during an operation.

Lucky Irabor, the Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, disclosed this during a press briefing on Tuesday in Maiduguri.

“This morning, we received a report about the gathering of Boko Haram terrorists around Kala Balge area of Maiduguri.

“I coordinated and I directed that the air component of the operation should go and address the problem.
“Unfortunately, the strike was conducted but it turned out that other civilians were somewhere around the area and they were affected.

“So far, it is a little bit disturbing; death has occurred. There are casualties, there were deaths and injuries but on the actual number of casualties, we would get back to you later.

“I am yet to get the number of casualties of civilians killed, but two soldiers were also affected.
“Some humanitarian staff of Medicines Sans Frontiers and some staff of International Committee of Red Cross(ICRC) were also affected.

“We are sending helicopters to evacuate those that were critically wounded, including our wounded soldiers,” Irabor said.

http://thenewsroom.ng/article.php?id=211

1 Share

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
If I were him,since he has owned up. He should jejely resign. Then the pilot should be court martialed.
After all they already gat innocent bloods on their hands.

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by nnachukz(m): 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
Which terrorists? The defeated ones?
What is happening in this country self?

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Ten12(m): 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
Is it not this same man that captured bh flag and Koran in place of shekarau? Incompetence is writing all over him anyway

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
the pilot deserved this

18 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by ChilledPill: 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hmmmn... What type of a country is this biko nu?

What type of misfiring is this biko nu?

What type of govt is this biko nu?

Me i don tire for this country oooo honestly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by RZArecta(m): 10:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
Justdulla:
If I were him,since he has owned up. He should jejely resign. Then the pilot should be court martialed.
have you heard of system malfunction or you think the pilot just decided to kill civilians for fun ? Please be reasonable here. Its a jet with guided weapons not bow and arrows

72 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Ugo4ema2015: 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
Justdulla:
resign?....... make i hear sey eh do dat....na for U.S army dat one fit happen

3 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by idupaul: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2017
He should resign and tell that to a panel of enquiry

3 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by doctokwus: 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
Karma at work.
This is the general that went on public television and labelled Premium Times a terrorist news medium.
Just less than 2weeks after that grave,misguided and unprofessional accusation,this happens.
Now who is having d last laugh btw him and PT?
While his career is eternally tainted,PT will continue garnering more awards for investigative journalism.

8 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by BeClever: 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
Buhari here is your fall guy sir..

Buhari; where is that Babachir the grasscutter?

Babachir; but I was planning to start cutting the grass in that camp from next week.

Irabor; but there is no grass around the camp sir as the hungry IDP's has already turned every leaf into vegetable.. Meanwhile, that particular camp is dominated by infidels..

Buhari; walahi, this man has tried..

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by seunmsg(m): 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
Justdulla:

The pilot simply obeyed an order from his superior officer. What the military should do is to carry out a thorough investigation into how they got the location of the target. Whoever provided the intelligence of the exact location that was bombed really needs to answer lots of questions.

37 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by dpete1: 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
Shey the terrorists that you guys have conquered with your mouth or which one

Cos ayam not understanding

3 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Nkemtreasure: 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
And he is still in the office?

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Csami(m): 11:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
Na lie.

Since the past weeks, we've been getting news of how the Nigerian army have been victorious against BH sect, killing them in their numbers while taking one or two casualties.
This means to an extent a large area of the state should be safe and with tight security right!? Which also should mean that the IDP camp that house BH victims should be a safe place and miles away from any gunfight or BH invasion!?
So this mudafvcker should tell us what a fighter jet was doing so close to a safe zone and at the same time releasing it's payload on refugees killing more than 50 persons?

Either the government have been lying to us (never trusted them anyway) or the government killed them on purpose.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Segadem(m): 1:27am On Jan 18, 2017
hmmmm, OK o, and u can not direct it to Aso rock?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Asito(m): 1:31am On Jan 18, 2017
grin
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by mykeljosef: 1:45am On Jan 18, 2017
That awkward moment when after rushing to book space, you
suddenly realize you don't have any meaningful thing to say.
Anyway let me use this opportunity to beg you guys for likes. I
know this is childish and that I have grown past this. I won't lie
that today is my ......just click like

3 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Mekzyzeus(m): 6:14am On Jan 18, 2017
RZArecta:
have you heard of system malfunction or you think the pilot just decided to kill civilians for fun ? Please be reasonable here. Its a jet with guided weapons not bow and arrows

Don't mind them bro!
Apparently they don't know that coordinates of the targets are supplied to the pilot, who then engages the guided weapons based on the target coordinates.
Most comments here are so unreasonable that it shrinks my brain grin

9 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 18, 2017
Just don't have anything else to say. May the departed ones Rest in Perfect Peace, ameen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by opribo(m): 7:20am On Jan 18, 2017
This goes to show that all these people they have been showing they killed might not all be boko since Shekua and his gang are still firing, killing, boasting and still appearing on video. If this massacre were to be inside a remote village they would have branded them boko but this has exposed their lies. Afterall the pilot did not smoke something how can he just bomb innocent people just like that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Jessestunch: 7:56am On Jan 18, 2017
nnachukz:
Which terrorists? The defeated ones? What is happening in this country self?
My brother I just weak.. These people really feel say na everybody be zombies

11 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by lonelydora: 8:04am On Jan 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by tens4real(m): 8:06am On Jan 18, 2017
Who is deceiving who? Nigerian army I trowey my yansh for una!
Meanwhile today is my birthday Nairalanders please show me some love

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Mouthgag: 8:06am On Jan 18, 2017
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:06am On Jan 18, 2017
Warrisdis

That man is nothing less than 60 yrs, and still commanding missions

Nigeria needs fresh blood not these old men with very big egos.

He can barely even see well sef...we need young and capable men not old miss firing oldies

Dazzal
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by gudnex22(m): 8:06am On Jan 18, 2017
How I wish lia Mohammed and that woman are in the IDP when this bombing occurred.

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:07am On Jan 18, 2017
malagu:

This morning, we received a report about the gathering of Boko Haram terrorists around Kala Balge area of Maiduguri.

I coordinated and I directed that the air component of the operation should go and address the problem.
“Unfortunately, the strike was conducted but it turned out that other civilians were somewhere around the area and they were affected.

http://thenewsroom.ng/article.php?id=211
See lame excuse
First you misfired Then @ bolded you never knew that some civilians where around the place shocked shocked shocked

So how is that misfire when you intended to fire the place
Well its obvious that something is wrong somewhere.

Ezekwesili just go do Thanksgiving.

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by darocha1: 8:07am On Jan 18, 2017
Another Oga @ the top
Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by phkka1(m): 8:07am On Jan 18, 2017
The evil you committed is living with you. Buhari continue. We are yet to see what the prayers of the saints will do in this country. See baba Oyedepo don dry finish as he is waiting on the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor: "I Directed Air Strike That Misfires And Killed Many In Borno" by Fedayeen02: 8:07am On Jan 18, 2017
Kindly Resign

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Of Spouses Of Ogun Government Functionaries Association / Ize-Iyamu Blasts Obaseki Over Ganduje Video Displayed On Billboard In Benin / Tinubu’s Political Career Is Over - Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.