Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism (71541 Views)

"I Can Make You Rich, Happy & Popular" Church Sign Post In Port Harcourt (Pic) / Helen Oritsejafor Lies On The Rug In Church As Choristers Sing (p / Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by ClassyAdewumi(m): 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
mizzyboy007:
shut up ur dirty mouth.... u are what is wrong with the world.
are you high or something.. If your church invites wizkid to come and sing ojuelegba, are you gona be ok with it? Think bro! U no even geh bwain sef.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by millionboi(m): 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
greghamite:
By FEMI SALAWU

God Win crooner, Korede Bello’s invitation to sing at Harvesters International Christian Centre (HICC) has drawn criticism from US-based, Pastor Olusola Fabunmi.

The Mavin Records artiste was a special guest at the three services of the Lekki branch of the dynamic church under the leadership of its youthful shepherd, Pastor Bolaji Idowu.

With back-up vocals from the praise team, Korede Bello thrilled the youthful church audience with a live performance of his popular anthem, God Win. For a moment, his brief performance sent the auditorium into frenzy.

But Pastor Fabunmi is not thrilled by the artiste’s invitation to perform on a church alter. He quoted James 4:4, “Friendship with the world is enmity to God? Whosoever therefore will be friend of the world is enemy of God.”

“Korede Bello is a young man I love personally, and have nothing against him. But it’s written here, that when we chose the way of the world, we have clearly chosen our paths; becoming an enemy of God. Please, there must be a clearly defined boundaries of who sings, and /or ministers in churches. Some of the questions that comes to mind are; is he born again? Sanctified with the spirit of God and baptized in the Holy Spirit,” he said.....

http://expressng.com/2015/04/korede-bellos-invitation-to-sing-at-popular-church-attracts-criticism/
Stepin into church 2day cn change his life 4eva
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
YEYE DEY SMELL... FOR A MINUTE, THE PASTOR THOUGHT HE'S LOST CONTROL AND POWER OVER HIS CONGREGATION..
KOREDE RIDE ON SON
#GODWIN
grin grin
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by PLEXPLEX(m): 9:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
floragregs:
Pastor dey talk him own. So it should be written on his forehead that he's born again? It's between him and God. What if he's not born again and he tells u he is?

U r funny o! How can u say this guy is a born again?
I tell u my brother, no born again ll be a circular musician like Korede
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by tempex88(m): 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
ClassyAdewumi:
Truth be told , the church shouldn't have invited him.

But the church is allowed to collect his tithe and offering.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Saraben(f): 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
They shouldn't hve called him in the first place
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by millionboi(m): 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
ClassyAdewumi:
are you high or something.. If your church invites wizkid to come and sing ojuelegba, are you gona be ok with it? Think bro! U no even geh bwain sef.
Godwin is a Gospel song dude
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Sundayme(m): 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
addictiv:
While we bless God for Christianity., I can boldly say it's the most disrespected religion and the blame lies on us all who re Christians. We fail to treat ur religion with respect and it has become an object of mockery today. God help us

The correct statement to use is this: Many christians are cheating Christianity.

We were having Sunday School classes in Church one sunday, my class consist of youths. The teacher (our Pastor) was asking some Biblical questions, and many of them don't even seem to have idea. He wasn't too pleased. He was like, many of these young muslims can quote all what is in their book. But you people will claim to be Christians, but are cheating Christianity.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by harry509: 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
darepoju:
did u say Godly fun....
that's deadly fun not Godly fun....
do u knw that performance might have won souls for devil??
see urslf kiss kiss sayn wat u don't kw @ all. Go n check d meanin GODwin nside d dictionary. 4 me I don't condem anibody. I tink God gave bello dat wisdom 2 compose dat write up. Well I don't reali blame u sha bcus alott of nigeria pastor's has turn many tins upside down. There Rr sumtin we do here on earth,God meant nt see it as evil, bt it will look evil b4 man. God bless our nigeria musicians jare. It's nt easy bcus I can't do it.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by ClassyAdewumi(m): 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
millionboi:
Godwin is a Gospel song dude
dey dere dey decieve yourself. Why haven't they sang it in any of the churches? Why?
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Emodeee: 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
Medunah:

ugly hair style, ugly girl.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by ClassyAdewumi(m): 9:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
Saraben:
They shouldn't hve called him in the first place
sweetie , God bless you. Close your eyes lemme pray for u.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by okotv(m): 9:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
the only person I really feel for is the pastor cause he would give account of the souls under him before God.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by ClassyAdewumi(m): 9:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
tempex88:

But the church is allowed to collect his tithe and offering.
the church aint gona collect the tithe and offering. The church will pay Korede!
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by maximilano: 9:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
It is a Pity to see what the Church of God is turning into

2 Likes

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by millionboi(m): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
ClassyAdewumi:
dey dere dey decieve yourself. Why haven't they sang it in any of the churches? Why?
dnt worry korede bello is anoda pastor okotie

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by holatin(m): 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
codedname:

Abeg which church St. Janet perform?
one cell in ahmadiah and the other at able egba
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2015

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by holatin(m): 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Tmercy:
terry G once performed oluwa in a bigger church soooooooo
then his craze never reach market

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Eureka123(f): 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hehe
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by rossyc(f): 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Iz alryt buh na Godwin
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by debbydominic(f): 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
ClassyAdewumi:
Truth be told , the church shouldn't have invited him.
M.I was invited some 2 months ago for the second time in this same church.I feel they are taking the shine off the gospel singers since they can't go to minister in clubs and all.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
more

2 Shares

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Bonapart(m): 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
The person who invite him is not working in spirit...
Am sure that's a church of God...
No wonder the bible said judgement must first begin in the house of God
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by ClassyAdewumi(m): 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
debbydominic:
M.I was invited some 2 months ago for the second time in this same church.I feel they are taking the shine off the gospel singers since they can't go to minister in clubs and all.
which is very bad!

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by pomsky: 9:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
freecocoa:
What is this nonsense these hypocrites always talk about the way of the world and people of the world?

For feck's sakes, you live in the world, eat food from the world, use stuffs made in the world by people of the world, everything about you is literally in the world and you still say you are not of the world and talk crap about people you think you are better than, because they are supposedly of the world? How confused can someone be biko nu?

[size=20pt].......way of the world implies the world's systems and values. It's quite opposite and contrary to God's system.
For example, the world act as they feel, if it feels good then it's ok. If it's approved by men, then it's ok.
If you're not hurting anyone, then it's ok. It doesn't work that way with God and His kingdom. There is a lifestyle.
There is a King in this Kingdom who is Lord! That's why you can't just do anykind of business, e.g operate a brothel, etc
when you're in this Kingdom of Christ, you don't live for yourself to please yourself, you live for Him to please Him.
Then you discover that in pleasing Him is where you find the greatest, fullest and purest of pleasures!
Something's are better experienced than explained.
The greatest pleasures of this world, can't compare with the least of His pleasures! cool[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by holatin(m): 9:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
ovaRAYted:

and I seriously googled saint Janet..Smh
don't tell me you don't know who she is
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by PLEXPLEX(m): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
naijainfogalery:
In my Religious mind, well i cant judge He sang that song to praise God and In Gods Kingdom there is no segregation, Afterall Solomon sang some of the best love song ever and its there writtin in the Bible

And In my normal mind This is simple arithmetic

Some Churches are not really Gods house to promote Gods kingdom, they are glorified Business Center set up not to save souls but to make money. So for the church its just a mere performance no strings attached. Girls Shake body , pay more offering, pastor hammer case closed

Case no close anything.. This guy is a circular singer & can not be a born again Christian.

The spirit of God is not in him as such wont be in the music so it is just some unpleasing noise before God.

You cant please God without holiness. You cant worship God in the absence of the spirit n in truth

How can a circular singer otherwise a praise singer to the devil ve all that qualities?
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by MERS(m): 9:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
Opey4luv:
And what's wrong with the church having a little bit of Godly[s][/s] fun?

grin grin grin
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by judedwriter(m): 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ricardo2400:
He used to be a muslim, I don't know about nw

This is a song that is being played in most clubs and he is not a gospel artist,So I don't see what he is doing in a church undecided
Its only a worldly church dat can do that smh sad
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by freecocoa(f): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
Religion and the people practicing it, is what is wrong with the world.

Bunch of blawdy hypocrites.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: List Of Items Donated By Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel To Ogun & Lagos / Apostle Johnson Suleman Private Jet Photos / Nigerian Pastors Who Predicted 2015 Elections Outcome Woefully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.