Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism (71516 Views)

"I Can Make You Rich, Happy & Popular" Church Sign Post In Port Harcourt (Pic) / Helen Oritsejafor Lies On The Rug In Church As Choristers Sing (p / Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by mekaboy(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
Soon tiwa will be on stage.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by CongressIsrael: 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
[s]What is this nonsense these hypocrites always talk about the way of the world and people of the world?

For feck's sakes, you live in the world, eat food from the world, use stuffs made in the world by people of the world, everything about you is literally in the world and you still say you are not of the world and talk crap about people you think you are better than, because they are supposedly of the world? How confused can someone be biko nu?[/s] It's clear from your comments that the Holy Spirit in not living in you as a result of which you don't understand how the things of God go however the Bible says “the things of the Holy Spirit are like foolishness to the life of sin".

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
Is Harvester's International Christian Center a church? Sounds more like a modern fellowship to me.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by yemstok(m): 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
cocokiller1:
cheesy after Godwin dat is quite manageable ,him go come sing its cold outside followed by african princess nd den 123
y ddnt d church invite a gospel artiste instead
na money matter so make dem free d boy

Lol
can imagine hw d godwin started
korede bello
its don jazzy again
omo lope
doromegasuperstar
oh na na
I don change my name to godwin

You know the part I'd be waiting for?

"see we go pop champagne today cos godwin o"

2 Likes

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by ffo(m): 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
freecocoa:
wetin you say do your anus?
I think he is trying to say you are thinking from your anus, I may be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by darepoju(m): 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
harry509:
see urslf kiss kiss sayn wat u don't kw @ all. Go n check d meanin GODwin nside d dictionary. 4 me I don't condem anibody. I tink God gave bello dat wisdom 2 compose dat write up. Well I don't reali blame u sha bcus alott of nigeria pastor's has turn many tins upside down. There Rr sumtin we do here on earth,God meant nt see it as evil, bt it will look evil b4 man. God bless our nigeria musicians jare. It's nt easy bcus I can't do it.
no pls...don't misunderstand me...
I didn't mean the guy is evil....no doubt he is talented...
as for the track, he didn't use foul words.. I knw...but my point is this its a church Prog. and not a circular event or party..

Godwin... and so what is DAT a Gospel theme?

We have Gospel artists whose songs are beautiful and danceable..their songs too will move/pull crowd and will @d same time give glory to God and also win at least 1 soul...

I hope u understand me sir..
God bless u!

3 Likes

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by franksam2009: 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
Iyamar:

Lol...
must you squeeze your mouth before you snap pix? (u ugly sha)
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by tellwisdom: 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
cocokiller1:
cheesy after Godwin dat is quite manageable ,him go come sing its cold outside followed by african princess nd den 123
y ddnt d church invite a gospel artiste instead
na money matter so make dem free d boy

Lol
can imagine hw d godwin started
korede bello
its don jazzy again
omo lope
doromegasuperstar
oh na na
I don change my name to godwin

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by freecocoa(f): 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
pomsky:

[size=20pt].......way of the world implies the world's systems and values. It's quite opposite and contrary to God's system.
For example, the world act as they feel, if it feels good then it's ok. If it's approved by men, then it's ok.
If you're not hurting anyone, then it's ok. It doesn't work that way with God and His kingdom. There is a lifestyle.
There is a King in this Kingdom who is Lord! That's why you can't just do anykind of business, e.g operate a brothel, etc
when you're in this Kingdom of Christ, you don't live for yourself to please yourself, you live for Him to please Him.
Then you discover that in pleasing Him is where you find the greatest, fullest and purest of pleasures!
Something's are better experienced than explained.
The greatest pleasures of this world, can't compare with the least of His pleasures! cool[/size]
You can still be understood(although there's nothing sensible in what you wrote or religion as a whole) if you write with normal fonts.

I didn't bother to read your post to the end, you people should just go and live in heaven na, since this world is not for you.

He has a kingdom, yet decided his people should live in the world, how does any of it make sense?

I don't mean to be rude but anything religion kinda irks me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by cocokiller1(f): 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
yemstok:

You know the part I'd be waiting for?

"see we go pop champagne today cos godwin o"
Lol
inside church again?
I jst tire 4 d people wey invite am
but sum churches do pop champagne...I suspect pastor bling bling church
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
naijainfogalery:
In my Religious mind, well i cant judge He sang that song to praise God and In Gods Kingdom there is no segregation, Afterall Solomon sang some of the best love song ever and its there writtin in the Bible

And In my normal mind This is simple arithmetic

Some Churches are not really Gods house to promote Gods kingdom, they are glorified Business Center set up not to save souls but to make money. So for the church its just a mere performance no strings attached. Girls Shake body , pay more offering, pastor hammer case closed

please sir I want to kno example of the love song
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by freecocoa(f): 9:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
[quote author=CongressIsrael post=32498796][/quote]Smh, why should any spirit other than mine be in me? You people are seriously deluded.

I'm so glad I started thinking for myself, though I have always known that there was something seriously wrong with all the cock and bull stories I was fed in church.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by yemmybx(m): 9:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
MAYBE CELINE DION, REHANA, AND BANKY W, WILL BE INVITE TO LEAD PRAISES IN D CHURCH someday WHILE OLAMIDE AND WIZ KID WILL BE INVITED TO LEAD WORSHIP SONGS WITH TIWA SALVAGE IN D CHURCH. End time things. have mercy on us Lord and help us to do ur wish.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by yemstok(m): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
cocokiller1:
Lol
inside church again?
I jst tire 4 d people wey invite am
but sum churches do pop champagne...I suspect pastor bling bling church

what this world is turning too ehn!
I wonder what happened to the likes of Sonnie badu,mike Abdul. it's a church for crying out loud.

anyways, that's their own.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Whobedatte(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
freecocoa:
What is this nonsense these hypocrites always talk about the way of the world and people of the world?

For feck's sakes, you live in the world, eat food from the world, use stuffs made in the world by people of the world, everything about you is literally in the world and you still say you are not of the world and talk crap about people you think you are better than, because they are supposedly of the world? How confused can someone be biko nu?
that isn't the bible elucidation of "worldly"

2 Likes

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Zico5(m): 9:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
naijainfogalery:
In my Religious mind, well i cant judge He sang that song to praise God and In Gods Kingdom there is no segregation, Afterall Solomon sang some of the best love song ever and its there writtin in the Bible

And In my normal mind This is simple arithmetic

Some Churches are not really Gods house to promote Gods kingdom, they are glorified Business Center set up not to save souls but to make money. So for the church its just a mere performance no strings attached. Girls Shake body , pay more offering, pastor hammer case closed
And u have the gut to say something like this against the church of God. Opa ni won ma fi won orun apadi e
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by 4lorunsho(m): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
misspatsy:
Hez nt a gospel artiste so dey shudnt have invited him....after Godwin na adaobi him go sing?
u are my crush 😔

2 Likes

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by harry509: 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
darepoju:
no pls...don't misunderstand me...
I didn't mean the guy is evil....no doubt he is talented...
as for the track, he didn't use foul words.. I knw...but my point is this its a church Prog. and not a circular event or party..

Godwin... and so what is DAT a Gospel theme?

We have Gospel artists whose songs are beautiful and danceable..their songs too will move/pull crowd and will @d same time give glory to God and also win at least 1 soul...

I hope u understand me sir..
God bless u!
I udastnd u sir. Dat Godwin song I av listen 2 it ova n ova again, am always happy wen I listen 2 d song. Aldoh mayb d church shud av nvited frank edward or samsong ryte?
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by pedel: 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
That church is just being strategic. The church is not for the saints alone; it must be welcoming to the sinners. Do you know how many unsaved young people came to that church because of the guy?

To be able to win the unsaved people you must begins to think like them. So you expect the church to invite a choirs that sings from BAPTIST HYMNAL? and expect unbelievers to flood there?

This kind of thinking is what drove people out of all the orthodox churches. You are trying to act 1875 in 2015.

You need to watch the movie SISTER ACT, starring Whoopi Goldberg and Maggie Smith.

See evangelism as fishing, you must have the right bait to catch the right fish.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by zimoni(f): 9:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
The Pastorpreneurs don't give a F

It's all about Kowope(Money Must Complete).

Those dudes could do anything for money.

Too badt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by naijainfogalery: 10:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
Sometimes people like u need some sense in your brain . read what I posted again . did I say that church was bad. Pls go back to sch
Zico5:

And u have the gut to say something like this against the church of God. Opa ni won ma fi won orun apadi e
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by HizMissy(f): 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
floragregs:
Pastor dey talk him own. So it should be written on his forehead that he's born again? It's between him and God. What if he's not born again and he tells u he is?

If I could like ur post over and over, I would.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Defcon1(m): 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
Opey4luv:
And what's wrong with the church having a little bit of Godly fun?

grin grin grin
God and fun don't mix
grin grin ; D
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
I feel like this song is inspired. It really speaks to me. I Dont listen to secular music but the day I heard this song, it was a direct message from God to me that my victory is His victory. I Dont want us to castigate this guy too much. He has always mentioned his dependency on God. For me though, I think the message is the most important. Most of us sing this song and I believe the song is a blessing. In Church, dance groups dance to gospel songs by secular artistes too but the main thing is the message. Even the so called gospel artiste nko? That a person sings about Jesus doesn't mean they are born again jare. You should hear of what they do. I personally Dont want to condemn Korede and this church cause I believe its for the Glory of God.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Omotayor123(f): 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
D woman behind him in d second pix be like ' I wan start to dey fly Godwin....
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Missmossy(f): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
Whatever rocks their boat, only God knows those who serve him wholeheartedly and it goes beyond what one person thinks. To be candid though, someone like Korede Bello isn't supposed to perform in the church, its like a joke to those complaining grin

3 Likes

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by thepillarofafrica(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
floragregs:
Pastor dey talk him own. So it should be written on his forehead that he's born again? It's between him and God. What if he's not born again and he tells u he is?
I tire for them o! besides, what's wordly abt the song "Godwin" #hypocrisy and religion has blinded so many
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
SENSELESS SELF RIGHTEOUS PRICK CALLING HIMSELF A PASTOR. WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO JUDGE WHO IS OF THE WORLD AND NOT?

greghamite:
By FEMI SALAWU

God Win crooner, Korede Bello’s invitation to sing at Harvesters International Christian Centre (HICC) has drawn criticism from US-based, Pastor Olusola Fabunmi.

The Mavin Records artiste was a special guest at the three services of the Lekki branch of the dynamic church under the leadership of its youthful shepherd, Pastor Bolaji Idowu.

With back-up vocals from the praise team, Korede Bello thrilled the youthful church audience with a live performance of his popular anthem, God Win. For a moment, his brief performance sent the auditorium into frenzy.

But Pastor Fabunmi is not thrilled by the artiste’s invitation to perform on a church alter. He quoted James 4:4, “Friendship with the world is enmity to God? Whosoever therefore will be friend of the world is enemy of God.”

“Korede Bello is a young man I love personally, and have nothing against him. But it’s written here, that when we chose the way of the world, we have clearly chosen our paths; becoming an enemy of God. Please, there must be a clearly defined boundaries of who sings, and /or ministers in churches. Some of the questions that comes to mind are; is he born again? Sanctified with the spirit of God and baptized in the Holy Spirit,” he said.....

http://expressng.com/2015/04/korede-bellos-invitation-to-sing-at-popular-church-attracts-criticism/
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
floragregs:
james 4:4

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Obeenah(m): 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
freecocoa:
What is this nonsense these hypocrites always talk about the way of the world and people of the world?

For feck's sakes, you live in the world, eat food from the world, use stuffs made in the world by people of the world, everything about you is literally in the world and you still say you are not of the world and talk crap about people you think you are better than, because they are supposedly of the world? How confused can someone be biko nu?
babe take it easy. Truth be told the same way u will not want a Sinach or frank Edwards to come since to you in the club is the same way a secular artist should stay away from the pulpit. Nobody holy pass that we all know but let us do things right. You say we like in the same world. Would u eat a snake because other humans like you also eat it? #My2cents

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by ben1daEbiri(m): 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
ClassyAdewumi:
Truth be told , the church shouldn't have invited him.
I wonder o!....is it a birthday party or political campaign

2 Likes

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by haibe(m): 10:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
I hate judging but let's call a spade a spade. Tbh it's very wrong to invite him to a church, it has lots of implications.. Am surprised a lot of people don't see how this act makes mockery of the church and Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: List Of Items Donated By Oyedepo Of Winners Chapel To Ogun & Lagos / Pastor Adeboye Uses Wooden Staff For Miracles [PHOTO] / Apostle Johnson Suleman Private Jet Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.