Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st (4938 Views)

Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 / FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test / Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 8:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
CityNG:

Trust me I don't need your help. I'm good grin

Every single developed country went through hardship so I'm not sure why anyone would not want Nigeria to enact tough laws towards that purpose.

Thank God you're good...

Your type of hardship is not what Nigerians need...we've been through a lot already. Your hardship is simply suffering & smiling which leads to destination called NOWHERE. As you've simply stated you're Abroad so you don't know what the real masses are going through.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
themodernman:

Thank God you're good...

Your type of hardship is not what Nigerians need...we've been through a lot already. Your hardship is simply suffering & smiling which leads to destination called NOWHERE. As you've simply stated you're Abroad so you don't know what the real masses are going through.

I thank my hard work.

My kind of national hardship is exactly what Nigeria needs and exactly what the new government will do.

It's purposeful and directed which is a staggering departure from the existing suffering and smiling that you're recommending and comfortable with and one which we've endured in since the 60s.

Some Nigerians are funny, most are contended with their shabby existences, I better pass my neighbor power generators and pure water.

We need bold new policies which will make the masses uncomfortable. I'm glad the proposal is making you uncomfortable because it means it's struck a chord.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
CityNG:

I thank my hard work.

My kind of national hardship is exactly what Nigeria needs and exactly what the new government will do.

It's purposeful and directed which is a staggering departure from the existing suffering and smiling that you're recommending and comfortable with and one which we've endured in since the 60s.

Some Nigerians are funny, most are contended with their shabby existences, I better pass my neighbor power generators and pure water.

We need bold new policies which will make the masses uncomfortable. I'm glad the proposal is making you uncomfortable because it means it's struck a chord.

I'll remember you in my prayers that God should put you through the hardship you're recommending for the masses...a hypocrite like you running abroad to make it now claiming a nonsense hardship helped you. Why didn't you stay in Nigeria and struggle like your mates do?

I'm sure I wasn't the one you were referring to in your generator statement cos that will just confirm how dumb you are...that I complain about the implementation doesn't mean I'm not doing well for my self as I might even be doing better than your sorry self overthere but it just means I'm concerned about my people & know what they're going through....again it also shows how far away from onground reality you're-d same distance you're far from ds country.

What has d removal of subsidy achieved? All d money was embezzled and you sit there talking what you know nothing about just speaking like a kid on "hardship" & policy nonsense, as if what the common man is going through isn't hardship enough...

Nigeria still sells crude oil higher than expected, d Sure-P buses are nowhere to be found..If South Africa has crude oil like we do what they'll do first is to repair their refineries but we'll rather abandon our priced asset & chase shadows without the basic necessities on ground first...yet we end up in square one & den pretend as if we didn't know what we were doing.

You'll do well to be Silent in this times than just opening your mouth to show you have something to say even if it doesn't make sense...

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
B
themodernman:

I'll remember you in my prayers that God should put you through the hardship you're recommending for the masses...a hypocrite like you running abroad to make it now claiming a nonsense hardship helped you. Why didn't you stay in Nigeria and struggle like your mates do?

I'm sure I wasn't the one you were referring to in your generator statement cos that will just confirm how dumb you are...that I complain about the implementation doesn't mean I'm not doing well for my self as I might even be doing better than your sorry self overthere but it just means I'm concerned about my people & know what they're going through....again it also shows how far away from onground reality you're-d same distance you're far from ds country.

What has d removal of subsidy achieved? All d money was embezzled and you sit there talking what you know nothing about just speaking like a kid on "hardship" & policy nonsense, as if what the common man is going through isn't hardship enough...

Nigeria still sells crude oil higher than expected, d Sure-P buses are nowhere to be found..If South Africa has crude oil like we do what they'll do first is to repair their refineries but we'll rather abandon our priced asset & chase shadows without the basic necessities on ground first...yet we end up in square one & den pretend as if we didn't know what we were doing.

You'll do well to be Silent in this times than just opening your mouth to show you have something to say even if it doesn't make sense...

You're wasting your time, your religious bigotry is something I'm immune to. You see I operate from a higher plain that you do.

You continue to promote crude oil, that in no longer as relevant. Buhari gets that. Agriculture and science is where it's at.

Again, stop wearing your faith on your sleeves grin

PS: And really dude, I don't give two shytes about who you are or what you are. I just don't care dude, it means nothing. So take that to someone else grin

1 Like

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by 9icetoo(m): 10:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
themodernman:

What happened to the Peugot cars that ruled the roads then? Do you think its Belgium that made them go into extinction? Its corruption! Which is what will also wipe out this your Nnewi produced rides if care isn't taken. If not for corruption we'll still be Assembling Peugot cos as you can see People still import Peugot & there's no difference in the imported & the Assembled ones here.

Now lets say we want to achieve that aim by force, we know as Nigeria is...i'm sure d least of this assembled cars will go for nothing less dan 2 million naira which the average man won't be able to afford except by means of Soft Loans. So he has to resort to d transport system which we know there's still room for improvement. Where he could have gone for a Clean toks in Cotonou for 1.2 million naira which will be even more attractive than that of 2 million naira specs from Naija. We also know that its very difficult to procure loans in ds country for even important things let alone a car.

You say most Toks are rejects..thats a big lie man cos these are developed countries that have a Standard transport system unlike ours & majority of their cars are registered with their VIN through which you can see d history of the car which includes servicing, accident hx, theft, repossession etc...its only when they land in d shores of Africa that the hx of such rides are tampered with as they may have been damaged here, repaired & den still sold off as same toks since we have poor documentation in this part of the world...

So my brother lets not put the cart before the horse is all I'm simply tryna say here...
So it was corruption too that killed Dunlop, michelin, volkswagen, bata and many other big companies we knew while growing up. Corruption killed off agriculture that thankfully is booming again after bans were placed on importation of agricultural products we can grow here? How many Nigerians check the vin of the toks they buy? Do you know how much you paid into the coffers of the cotonou government by buying a second rate car in cotonou? Do you think we can move forward if we wait for everything to be in place before we take a decisive step? Obasanjo banned rice and poultry importation and look at the growth in the agricultural sector today. If we want to create jobs and move into the industrial age, we need to produce by ourselves. Innoson is just one of many vehicle assembly plants that have sprung up. They will survive as long as enabling policies such as ban on used imports are in place. South Africa is doing it, we can do it. I hope you do not think the average Joe can afford a new car in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
9icetoo:

So it was corruption too that killed Dunlop, michelin, volkswagen, bata and many other big companies we knew while growing up. Corruption killed off agriculture that thankfully is booming again after bans were placed on importation of agricultural products we can grow here? How many Nigerians check the vin of the toks they buy? Do you know how much you paid into the coffers of the cotonou government by buying a second rate car in cotonou? Do you think we can move forward if we wait for everything to be in place before we take a decisive step? Obasanjo banned rice and poultry importation and look at the growth in the agricultural sector today. If we want to create jobs and move into the industrial age, we need to produce by ourselves. Innoson is just one of many vehicle assembly plants that have sprung up. They will survive as long as enabling policies such as ban on used imports are in place. South Africa is doing it, we can do it. I hope you do not think the average Joe can afford a new car in South Africa.

You're a true Nigerian.

Thanks for sharing your views.

We already know that Nairaland is visited by government types. Hopefully they see this conversation.

Thank you one again.

1 Like

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 10:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
CityNG:
B

You're wasting your time, your religious bigotry is something I'm immune to. You see I operate from a higher plain that you do.

You continue to promote crude oil, that in no longer as relevant. Buhari gets that. Agriculture and science is where it's at.

Again, stop wearing your faith on your sleeves grin

PS: And really dude, I don't give two shytes about who you are or what you are. I just don't care dude, it means nothing. So take that to someone else grin

You won't care cos you don't use your brains thats why the mention of God in anything seems like Religion to you...feel free to remain in your Retarrd camp..Mr "I don't give a Shyte" grin
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
9icetoo:

We have always been producing these Agricultural stuffs but we just needed a ban to ensure we Patronize ours...but as per Cars you well know they require great deal of Electricity more than these Local farm products that an ordinary man like me can delve into if I wanna and succeed. Same can't be said of an Automotive Industry that requires high level of Electricity that must be in place & alternative transport system available for the people amongst other things...

What I'm saying here is that there should be readily available alternatives before Protectionism which involves a ban can Suceed in a government without causing Chaos...without that the masses will just go through undue & unnecessary suffering which will end up yielding nothing in d long run...

We're just shouting South Africa is doing it, do we know the development they've laid down b4 they started implementation? We're just behaving like someone going through life without a manual & hoping to get there through senseless hardship as y'all been yapping about. Protectionism only gave way for those Agricultural produce to improve themselves & NOT b4 they even started anything.

And what do you think killed Dunlop & the rest? Pls explain to me.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
themodernman:

You won't care cos you don't use your brains thats why the mention of God in anything seems like Religion to you...feel free to remain in your Retarrd camp..Mr "I don't give a Shyte" grin

Success....you crumbled way too easily grin

Is this what your church teaches you?

I don't care because you are a non entity, a complete worthless cretin who screams religious bigotry from every pore of his malnourished body.

Dindinrin oponu.

Go hug your bible cheesy
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 11:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
CityNG:

Success....you crumbled way too easily grin

Is this what your church teaches you?

I don't care because you are a non entity, a complete worthless cretin who screams religious bigotry from every pore of his malnourished body.

Dindinrin oponu.

Go hug your bible cheesy

You have made no sense so far in this post cos you are ACTUALLY a retarrd & nothing more...d reason you're pained its because its the truth & not meant to be an insult. Live with it dummy grin
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
themodernman:

You have made no sense so far in this post cos you are ACTUALLY a retarrd & nothing more...d reason you're pained its because its the truth & not meant to be an insult. Live with it dummy grin

It wouldn't make sense to you because you have a kindergartner level of comprehension.

Sad to be you grin

Bible thumper cheesy
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 11:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
CityNG:

It wouldn't make sense to you because you have a kindergartner level of comprehension.

Sad to be you grin

Bible thumper cheesy

Mtchew...goan sleep jarey..
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 18, 2015
themodernman:

Mtchew...goan sleep jarey..

Why would I go and sleep? It's only 4 in the afternoon, dindinrin ode grin

Oh wait, no more religious rants?

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 1:27am On Apr 18, 2015
CityNG:

Why would I go and sleep? It's only 4 in the afternoon, dindinrin ode grin

Oh wait, no more religious rants?

Why should I busy myself with a retarrd by engaging you in rants...you're just a swine in d dirt looking desperately for company which I won't oblige.

Sorry boy you're on your own. This is d last from me to you until you decide to use your brain to manufacture sense...feel free to run mad here boy cheesy
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 18, 2015
themodernman:

Why should I busy myself with a retarrd by engaging you in rants...you're just a swine in d dirt looking desperately for company which I won't oblige.

Sorry boy you're on your own. This is d last from me to you until you decide to use your brain to manufacture sense...feel free to run mad here boy cheesy

You'll be back grin

Religious zealots like you are easy to manipulate.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by aaidel(m): 1:45am On Apr 18, 2015
funny to see how those advocating hardship don't live in the country and probably was the same hardship that drove them away. When we have put things in order then a ban or hike in tariff might not be necessary because as the laws of demand and supply dictate no one will go to import what he can get cheaper in the local market but before that the only thing this will accomplish is a rise in cost of transportation with its attendant multiplier effects on all the sectors of the economy.
we have gone through enough voodoo economics by arm chair economists what we need are sustainable solutions and in my opinion instituting a ban on what we don't produce or have the capacity to produce as yet is not it
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 2:18am On Apr 18, 2015
aaidel:
funny to see how those advocating hardship don't live in the country and probably was the same hardship that drove them away. When we have put things in order then a ban or hike in tariff might not be necessary because as the laws of demand and supply dictate no one will go to import what he can get cheaper in the local market but before that the only thing this will accomplish is a rise in cost of transportation with its attendant multiplier effects on all the sectors of the economy.
we have gone through enough voodoo economics by arm chair economists what we need are sustainable solutions and in my opinion instituting a ban on what we don't produce or have the capacity to produce as yet is not it

Just because you stay in Nigeria 24/7 doesn't make you any more of a responsible citizen than us that have dual citizenship.

We all have the good of the country at heart.

Most of your elected officials lived abroad before coming home. We pay taxes to Nigeria in order for bottom feeders like you to be subsidized.

You should be a little bit more appreciative. What have you done for Nigeria lately? Care to compare taxes we've paid?

General Buhari, please raise the tarrif on imported cars to 499% grin
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 18, 2015
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by aaidel(m): 3:47am On Apr 18, 2015
CityNG:

Just because you stay in Nigeria 24/7 doesn't make you any more of a responsible citizen than us that have dual citizenship.

We all have the good of the country at heart.

Most of your elected officials lived abroad before coming home. We pay taxes to Nigeria in order for bottom feeders like you to be subsidized.

You should be a little bit more appreciative. What have you done for Nigeria lately? Care to compare taxes we've paid?

General Buhari, please raise the tarrif on imported cars to 499% grin

bottom feeder? hmmmmmm i see you cannot be taken seriously and are just trolling hopefully the new president has better advisers than the outgoing one
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 3:59am On Apr 18, 2015
aaidel:

bottom feeder? hmmmmmm i see you cannot be taken seriously and are just trolling hopefully the new president has better advisers than the outgoing one

That's the mistake most of the dunces on here make. This is a freaking online forum, it's not a church or anybody's fathers house and I simply pity the mindless drones that take things personally on here. I have nothing but disdain for those troglodytes.

Now that being said, I hope you're not thinking that taking me seriously or not has any effect on my life. You're simply a userid that I pass the time against. no more no less so don;t get it twisted. You're a nobody.

President Buhari will make all of us progressive Nigerians proud and make the harsh decisions necessary to leap us ahead. The new Nigeria has no sympathy for backwards thinkers and I am sure he will indeed surround himself by the caliber roof people he had when he was last in power.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 7:52am On Apr 18, 2015
CityNG:

You'll be back grin

Religious zealots like you are easy to manipulate.

Thank God you realize you're tryna manipulate me, you're beginning to manufacture sense...keep it up bro wink

And I hope saying"thank God" hasn't made me a Zealot again? Cos you gotta funny understanding of that word...

1 Like

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 8:05am On Apr 18, 2015
aaidel:

Have you been reading his post on this topic lately? He's just one of those guys that did their best to break into US or wherever they may be & feel like they're ontop of the world giving them the unrightful right to spew any crap that gets into their head....

They feel the way things are achieved there is directly applicable here...they call anybody here names who doesn't agree to their ideals...even as a Medical Doctor I know there are Tropical Dx dat we approach differently from the way they're abroad...which makes it Unique to us in its treatment.

You have done the right thing by taken his words with a pinch of Salt...let him continue raving mad as he likes shouting "i don't give a shyte" up and down...we know his type he might probably be hussling his azz out over there to make ends meet...when serious people like you & me get there we can't behave like kids...its his type that ends up in d hands of Xenophobes cheesy
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by BarrackObamer: 9:43am On Apr 18, 2015
CityNG:

Trust me I don't need your help. I'm good grin

Every single developed country went through hardship so I'm not sure why anyone would not want Nigeria to enact tough laws towards that purpose.

No one is saying the policy should not be implemented in the long run but that the right enviroment should be created to enable it succeed. You can suffer pain and not make any gain if you refuse to put your brain to work. In whatever's name you believe in what could be wrong with that?
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
BarrackObamer:

No one is saying the policy should not be implemented in the long run but that the right enviroment should be created to enable it succeed. You can suffer pain and not make any gain if you refuse to put your brain to work. In whatever's name you believe in what could be wrong with that?

Why do I have to believe in anything? This your religion thing is holding you guys back. Now I can understand why every nook and crany of the country is filled with money making centers with bibles grin

The policy needs to be effected on day one.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
themodernman:

Thank God you realize you're tryna manipulate me, you're beginning to manufacture sense...keep it up bro wink

And I hope saying"thank God" hasn't made me a Zealot again? Cos you gotta funny understanding of that word...

And he's back grin

I told you that you'll be back. You lack internal fortitude dude.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
themodernman:

Have you been reading his post on this topic lately? He's just one of those guys that did their best to break into US or wherever they may be & feel like they're ontop of the world giving them the unrightful right to spew any crap that gets into their head....

They feel the way things are achieved there is directly applicable here...they call anybody here names who doesn't agree to their ideals...even as a Medical Doctor I know there are Tropical Dx dat we approach differently from the way they're abroad...which makes it Unique to us in its treatment.

You have done the right thing by taken his words with a pinch of Salt...let him continue raving mad as he likes shouting "i don't give a shyte" up and down...we know his type he might probably be hussling his azz out over there to make ends meet...when serious people like you & me get there we can't behave like kids...its his type that ends up in d hands of Xenophobes cheesy

Eya pele o....see painment grin

I didn't know that I wounded you that bad.

But back to the important thing, this brilliant import policy should be signed into law on day one and smugglers should be shot at bar beach as usual cool
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 3:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
CityNG:

Eya pele o....see painment grin

I didn't know that I wounded you that bad.

But back to the important thing, this brilliant import policy should be signed into law on day one and smugglers should be shot at bar beach as usual cool

Wasn't quoting you so stop being naughty & go hug a transformer...afterall there can't be any Electricity you should be afraid of...

Toddler brain like you thinking you can hurt me with the size of a lil bow wow...how?
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
CityNG:

And he's back grin

I told you that you'll be back. You lack internal fortitude dude.

Who is ds one talking to? No one is even listening to you.

Talking to self? Na so craze dey start...Kpele.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
themodernman:

Wasn't quoting you so stop being naughty & go hug a transformer...afterall there can't be any Electricity you should be afraid of...

Toddler brain like you thinking you can hurt me with the size of a lil bow wow...how?

Part of being a religious zealot is also being a control freak. The only one you can dictate to are religious dimwits of your types. You've lost all credibility because you can't keep the promise you made less than 24 hours ago so your words mean jack squat.

President Buhari salvage our place in the world order and make signing the bill to raise auto imports job number one grin

PS: it's physically impossible for me to find a transformer to hug where I leave.

So wishing death on those that disagrees with you is what your GOD in the sky teaches you? grin
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
themodernman:

Who is ds one talking to? No one is even listening to you.

Talking to self? Na so craze dey start...Kpele.

Guess what, you responded so you're listening grin
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
I think I've kicked your ass enough so I'll let you go and lick your wounds.

Enjoy your subpar life.

CityNG out.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
CityNG:

Part of being a religious zealot is also being a control freak. The only one you can dictate to are religious dimwits of your types. You've lost all credibility because you can't keep the promise you made less than 24 hours ago so your words mean jack squat.

President Buhari salvage our place in the world order and make signing the bill to raise auto imports job number one grin

PS: it's physically impossible for me to find a transformer to hug where I leave.

So wishing death on those that disagrees with you is what your GOD in the sky teaches you? grin

As a medical doctor I've dealt with Mental illness worse dan your type so yours is nothing new under the Sun...I will continue to help you use your brain to the best of my ability as you can't realize I said I wont respond you until you start making sense.

You made sense by realizing you were tryna manipulate me dats why I responded but you faltered again by saying I cant keep to a promise..

I want you not to get discouraged as you are doing well..mistakes are bound to happen on your way to full utilization of your brain....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Verify If Your Vehicle Plate Number Is Genuine / Which Car To Buy Toyota Corrolla , Matrix, Or Camry Big Daddy??? / Please Is 2008 Nissan Altima A Good Car???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.