Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! (1902 Views)

We Must Fight Corruption For Its Damage On Nigeria Economy - VP Osinbajo / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by voiceoftruthNG: 5:48am On Apr 09, 2015
No doubt, corruption is the bane of Nigeria's socio-economic problems, and there is no way President Buhari can succeed in this fight without having to step on some very powerful toes, APC stalwarts inclusive! As a president of the country, he must be seen to be doing justice to all and sundry. If Nigeria must be on a part of total healing, corruption must be collectively fought and to do this effectively, all hands must be on deck. I have come up with the following ways I feel corruption could be fought and justice will be seen to have been done.
1. Amnesty: Yes, amnesty! Until late president Umar Ya'Adua introduced this programme, militancy was a great national epidemic. It appeared strange at first but it became a master stroke eventually. If he begins to hound corrupt PDP leaders, he will be seen to be selective and this will not be in the nation's interest because what the PDP hawks are guilty of, the so called progressive are equally guilty of it! So, I will recommend a declaration of amnesty for corrupt past leaders. This amnesty should be on the basis of refund or plea bargain as some people may want to call it. The concerned corrupt official will be given a window of refund, that is after investigation has been carried out to ascertain how much has been looted. This way, no one will complain of victimization as it will affect all. As for those in the APC, who supported his election, this will have afforded them the opportunity to prove their sincere readiness for change. The advantage of this programme, is the fact that all those who decide to be obstinate can then be summarily dealt with according to the law without exception, because the line would have been clearly drawn.
2. Antecedent: He should work with people who have antecedent. The only reason GMB was returned as president against all the campaign of calumny by the PDP is his antecedence. Nigerians voted for a Buhari, not APC in the real sense. He should not fall for any long list of politicians. He should ensure that best Nigerians with proven records of accomplishments are given the opportunity to contribute to national development irrespective of political or religious affiliations. He must use people of proven character because no time for try by error , Nigerians mean business so he must hit the ground running if he must succeed in the fight against corruption.
3. Transparency: Government business must be seen to be transparent by all standard .For example, if any government agency is carrying out recruitment, such an exercise must be totally transparent. He can take a clue from the ongoing immigration recruitment. Yes, they may have failed in the first instant but the second exercise appears to be fair so far. First, they sent messages to all applicants to update their information and when they eventually shortlisted for the CBT, it was published state by state. If after the exams, they can equally publish the list of successful applicants according to their states and score, the process will be so transparent that acrimony will be eradicated which will in turn build confidence in government. This should be extended to all other government businesses, and he will see how fast Nigeria will grow.
4. Leadership: His Excellency, GMB must provide the needed leadership . Truth be told, what Nigerians have missed in the Goodluck presidency has been lack of leadership. People were busy doing as they pleased so Nigeria became a yo- man's land where anything goes! All Nigerians need is a leader with the right sense of judgment, detribalized and emotionally stable person who will lead from the front and Nigerians will enthusiastically follow and not a leader who will preach ' DO WHAT I SAY BUT NOT WHAT I DO'. GMB must not be seen or even perceived to be sentimental in any form; religious, political or even tribal. NIGERIA MUST BE HIS CONSTITUENCY!.
[b][/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by 42n8dzydoo(m): 5:58am On Apr 09, 2015
May God help him. Some sycophants are running to the winning party now. I hope they wont spoil this administration.
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by bunmioguns(m): 6:02am On Apr 09, 2015
Hmm... Nice one

Let's just continue to pray for him

Because this gmb am seeing is ready to work

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by DickDastardly(m): 6:07am On Apr 09, 2015
I love number one most! grin
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by fromnigeria(m): 6:09am On Apr 09, 2015
Hope you're not a Jonathanian suggesting these.
I don't know how times you made such suggestions to GEJ.
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by modath(f): 6:11am On Apr 09, 2015
42n8dzydoo:
May God help him. Some sycophants are running to the winning party now. I hope they wont spoil this administration.

Give GMB the credit of possessing enough common sense to know how to dine with the devil by using a long spoon.

You think he didn't learn huge lessons from his previous failed attempts?? He got the presidency through sheer force of will and not by happenstance, he will surely deliver.
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by whitecat1: 6:19am On Apr 09, 2015
@Op, you already know that Buhari will fight corruption, and you haven't really said what you meant to say.

Apc members know that They can't steal under Buhari, so just leave it at that. But Pdp will be be probed cos this is the administration that is handing over to Buhari and must answer to him.
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by blackjack21(m): 6:20am On Apr 09, 2015
Nice Write up/thinking.
But OP, didn't they teach you about paragraph in school? Edit it, it might hit the FP.

06:20:19
Thu, Apr 9, 2015
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by MacOscar(m): 6:33am On Apr 09, 2015
Much is expected from my party, APC govt by Nigerians...
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by darnley16(m): 6:57am On Apr 09, 2015
Nigeria Don better Already
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by barbstee(m): 6:58am On Apr 09, 2015
To whom much is given much is expected.May God bless GMB and guide him through.

#I_LOVE_GMB
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by voiceoftruthNG: 7:15am On Apr 09, 2015
@fromnigeri Hope you're not a Jonathanian suggesting these.

check my previous post, that should defined my position
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by Wendyslim(f): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2015
Nice post. The wind of change is already blowing ops. Sai buhari
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by ardeks(m): 7:23am On Apr 09, 2015
Nice one. Let's just continue to support him with our prayers and other means that we can. God bless Nigeria, and God bless Nigerians.
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by autotrader014(m): 7:27am On Apr 09, 2015
whitecat1:
@Op, you already know that Buhari will fight corruption, and you haven't really said what you meant to say.

Apc members know that They can't steal under Buhari, so just leave it at that. But Pdp will be be probed cos this is the administration that is handing over to Buhari and must answer to him.
Dat is my problem wit some of u APC morons. Who told u dat ur glorified APC members cant steal unda buhari, are u trying to act daft or u are actually daft? Talking abt apc members, who were dey before dey became APC members? 85% of APC members are core PDP founding fathers. Dey are just old wine in new bottle.. More PDP members will join APC in theirs thousands in few months to come. So who is deceiving you dat dey won't steal in buharis govt? Pls go and rethink. Untill Nigerians change dis set of old thieving politicians am sorry to announce to you that we are still far from getting to the promise land.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by whitecat1: 7:39am On Apr 09, 2015
You are dumb and still in pain from losing the election!

If you have already made up you mind that they will steal under a man everybody knows is not corrupt, why then did you bother creating a thread? or do you think everuone here is brain dead like you? what you wanted to say was that Buhari should probe innocents and leave the criminals, but liver failed you, oloshi! Do you think Buhari needs advice from bigoted loosers like you that can't see beyond your nose? iddiott, go and sit down, you have no kid here, and may your advice rot in your stomach fool!
autotrader014:

Dat is my problem wit some of u APC morons. Who told u dat ur glorified APC members cant steal unda buhari, are u trying to act daft or u are actually daft? Talking abt apc members, who were dey before dey became APC members? 85% of APC members are core PDP founding fathers. Dey are just old wine in new bottle.. More PDP members will join APC in theirs thousands in few months to come. So who is deceiving you dat dey won't steal in buharis govt? Pls go and rethink. Untill Nigerians change dis set of old thieving politicians am sorry to announce to you that we are still far from getting to the promise land.
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by autotrader014(m): 8:02am On Apr 09, 2015
whitecat1:
You are dumb and still in pain from losing the election!

If you have already made up you mind that they will steal under a man everybody knows is not corrupt, why then did you bother creating a thread? or do you think everuone here is brain dead like you? what you wanted to say was that Buhari should probe innocents and leave the criminals, but liver failed you, oloshi! Do you think Buhari needs advice from bigoted loosers like you that can't see beyond your nose? iddiott, go and sit down, you have no kid here, and may your advice rot in your stomach fool!
I am not here to exchange words with brainless idiiots.. From all u just typed,it has proven to me dat d money ur parents are spending to train u in skool is a complete waste. Dey should buy chickens with it and start a good poultry, it will be more profitable to them Dan wasting their resources on brain dead slowpoke like u.. End of discussion wit u. U can go ahead and exhibit ur stvpidity, I permit u
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 09, 2015
The worse waste of time is discussing the impossible.
buhari can never fight corruption in Nigeria, MARK MY WORD.
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by mytime24(f): 9:19am On Apr 09, 2015
chuna1985:
buhari can never fight corruption in Nigeria, MARK MY WORD.
imagine wen oga thief.nubu is there
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by voiceoftruthNG: 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
#Wendyslim Nice post. The wind of change is already blowing ops. Sai buhari

This change must be felt my brother, no time!
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by abduljabbar4(m): 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
autotrader014:

Shut your dirty mouth. Bastards you didn't vote Apc but you are the ones that are already demanding. Fools, those that are defecting are not thieves. The thieves in pdp are namadi, asari dokubo, madueke, pej, fayose, ffk, and the rest. They are the big thieves. Idi0t, whether you like it or not Buhari is the president. Suicide is not hard to commit. Just hold your breath for 3 mins and you will achieve what you NEED. Bastard son of thousand fathers
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by mikolo80: 4:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
fromnigeria:
Hope you're not a Jonathanian suggesting these.
THE ONES THEY MADE TO GEJ HOW MANY DID HE LISTEN TO
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by autotrader014(m): 11:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Shut your dirty mouth. Bastards you didn't vote Apc but you are the ones that are already demanding. Fools, those that are defecting are not thieves. The thieves in pdp are namadi, asari dokubo, madueke, pej, fayose, ffk, and the rest. They are the big thieves. Idi0t, whether you like it or not Buhari is the president. Suicide is not hard to commit. Just hold your breath for 3 mins and you will achieve what you NEED. Bastard son of thousand fathers
U really sound so frustrated. Dis poverty has so much affected ur reasonin u now tink and sound like a goat.. Too bad.. Go look for rat poison and take so u can end the misery u call a life.. Anuohia
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by voiceoftruthNG: 6:08am On Apr 10, 2015
#chuna1985
buhari can never fight corruption in Nigeria, MARK MY WORD#.

I believe he can with determination and commitment
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 10, 2015
voiceoftruthNG:
#chuna1985
buhari can never fight corruption in Nigeria, MARK MY WORD#.

I believe he can with determination and commitment

Lol. I've tried so many times to explain corruption to many Nigerians n dey don't ever understand.

Corruption is controlled not stopped, u can only be able to control it when a bulk of the country is working wit u.

Always remember that corruption is worldwide, and its PERMANENT.
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by voiceoftruthNG: 8:35am On Apr 10, 2015
#chuna1985
Lol. I've tried so many times to explain corruption to many Nigerians n dey don't ever understand. Corruption is controlled not stopped, u can only be able to control it when a bulk of the country is working wit u.

Always remember that corruption is worldwide, and its PERMANENT#

No doubt, it is pertinent to note that for majority of the country to work with a leader, such a leader can either use persuation or cohersion which in this case he can use the two. Persuation by making the people see the need to collectively fight corruption and cohersion by full dispensation of justice in line with the law which is what has been lacking in the goodluck administration.
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 10, 2015
voiceoftruthNG:
#chuna1985
Lol. I've tried so many times to explain corruption to many Nigerians n dey don't ever understand. Corruption is controlled not stopped, u can only be able to control it when a bulk of the country is working wit u.

Always remember that corruption is worldwide, and its PERMANENT#

No doubt, it is pertinent to note that for majority of the country to work with a leader, such a leader can either use persuation or cohersion which in this case he can use the two. Persuation by making the people see the need to collectively fight corruption and cohersion by full dispensation of justice in line with the law which is what has been lacking in the goodluck administration.

He will fight tinubu, OBJ, Amechi, All senators , All house of rep members n all governors . I laugh, u will be very disappointed .
Re: If Buhari Must Fight Corruption, He Must Do This! by voiceoftruthNG: 10:06am On Apr 10, 2015
#chuna1985
He will fight tinubu, OBJ, Amechi, All senators , All house of rep members n all governors . I laugh, u will be very disappointed .#

You have to also understand that he can use isolation method to execute this fight. As soon as Nigerians begin to see the benefit of putting these people out of circulation, the fight will become Nigerians'. These people put together is just an infinitesimal proportion of the suffering Nigeria masses. There is nothing that can stand on the way of a revolution that is championed by the people, it i never easy, but very possible with the right leadership.

(1) (Reply)

Attack Of Nigerians In South Africa- A Call For Action And Reprisal In Nigeria! / Buhari’s First 30 Days In Office Dismal, Uninspiring – Ozekhome / Senators Laud Saraki's Reconciliatory Moves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.