Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,709 members, 7,837,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect (59514 Views)

Amaechi Rejects Governor Wike's Award, Says "It's Poisoned Chalice" / Saraki Swears In Benjamin Uwajumogu As Senator (Photos) / INEC Rejects Governorship Nominations Of Parties In Seven States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2015
Burger01:
PDP and cheats! Rivers next abegsmiley
Rubbish! APC will never win in Rivers in any election, whether free and fair or not.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by abduljabbar4(m): 8:15am On Apr 10, 2015
barcanista:
Rubbish! APC will never win in Rivers in any election, whether free and fair ir not.
Mr I-know-everything can you just listen to yourself? Remember the killings. Remember what the rivers state rec said. Elections didn't even hold so how are you so sure? Elections took place in pdps office Mtchew.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by signz: 8:20am On Apr 10, 2015
Ekene dili Chukwu cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Next is to make sure his son doesn't get dat HOA seat

3 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by firstolalekan(m): 8:21am On Apr 10, 2015
Good development
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 10, 2015
These are interesting political times!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by alotofgrace(m): 8:21am On Apr 10, 2015
news of the year

1 Like

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by lalasticlala(m): 8:22am On Apr 10, 2015
Hahahaha.. Serves him right....

They should disgrace him...

2 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by missionmex(m): 8:22am On Apr 10, 2015
Even my 7 yrs old daughter will floor this man at the polls, his place is the prison.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by amadice(m): 8:23am On Apr 10, 2015
Obaiyski:
Umuahia, the Abia State cap­ital, was agog on Monday evening following informa­tion that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has rejected the result being paraded by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as being that of Abia Central District.

Daily Sun gathered that Gov Theodore Orji was roundly beaten at the poll including in his polling unit, ward and local government by the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Ahamdi Emmanuel Nweke, but that PDP in connivance some Independent National Electoral (INEC) officials allegedly manipulated the result in favour of the governor.

It was also gathered that following complaints lodged at the INEC headquarters, Abuja, a three-man committee was set up to look into the allegation of result manipulation.

“Although the committee’s report has not been made public, but a source revealed the APGA candidate won the election and members are taking their findings back to the INEC headquarters.

When news of the development filtered into town, the capital city went agog with residents saying that at last, the man they voted for, would represent them in the Senate.

A prominent Umuahia chief, who hails from the same area with Gov Orji, was said to have held an elaborate party to celebrate the development.

Addressing newsmen, Chief Nweke said there was no time he had doubt about his ability to defeat Gov Orji at the poll, stating that his non-performance in office made victory easier for him.

Nweke said it was not only that he defeated Orji, but that he beat him at his (governor’s) polling unit, which, according to him, meant his kinsmen rejected him and that he also defeated the governor at the wife’s polling unit.

He said: “If I could beat the governor at his polling unit and that of his wife, all in Umuahia, which means total rejection by his kinsmen, where else could he get the votes that will make him to defeat me? Could it be from my own ward and local government? It’s impossible.

“How could people have voted for APGA and they are writing a different result? That’s why I like what INEC at the headquarters is doing; it will restore people’s confidence in the system.

“T.A Orji should emulate President Goodluck Jonathan and concede defeat so that peace will reign in the area. If President Jonathan with all the powers at his beck could concede defeat, why shouldn’t T.A Orji?” While thanking the outgoing President for his statesmanship by not allowing the blood of innocent Nigerians to be shed in the pursuit of self-satisfaction and urge for power, he called on President Jonathan to call to order one of his ministers, who he said had been using the military and other agencies of government to rig elections in the state and also intimidating opposition party members.

He also called on the chairman of INEC, Prof Attahiru Jega and other stakeholders to ensure credible polls on Saturday, alleging that they have obtained reports on the plot by the PDP to hire thugs from Abala Ibeme in Obingwa LGA and Rivers State to unleash mayhem on Abians in the nine local govern­ment areas of Ngwaland, set the famous Ariaria International Market ablaze as well as cause confusion among voters on the day of the election.

He also alleged of an ongoing thumbprinting of fake ballot papers in an undisclosed location in Ngwaland, plans to rig the election among other hidden agenda including the planned mass arrest of APGA senior officials a few days to the gover­norship poll.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113429
....praise the Lord..

1 Like

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 10, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Mr I-know-everything can you just listen to yourself? Remember the killings. Remember what the rivers state rec said. Elections didn't even hold so how are you so sure? Mtchew.
when did Rivers Rec tell you election didn't hold? You are in somewhre saying "election didn't hold" ..lol, amaechi can't even swear under oath that election was never held in Rivers.

Read for yourself....
www.informationng.com/2015/03/election-held-in-rivers-inec-says.html

1 Like

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by XBLadez: 8:23am On Apr 10, 2015
INEC officially belongs to APC now. Smh
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Ekeke1(m): 8:23am On Apr 10, 2015
Best news ever. He messed up Abia state, nw he wants to go hide in abuja. I knw we r in april bt we can't be fooled.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Alexandro2(m): 8:24am On Apr 10, 2015
Wahala wear cover shoe
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 10, 2015
No hiding place for the wicked!

God bless Nigeria!
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by DoctorNyash(m): 8:24am On Apr 10, 2015
Menace2Society:
T A Orji by all means u are our Senator!We all love u grin
Why you dey deceive this man, you just wan chop hin money grin
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Emmahunk(m): 8:25am On Apr 10, 2015
Obaiyski:
Umuahia, the Abia State cap­ital, was agog on Monday evening following informa­tion that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has rejected the result being paraded by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as being that of Abia Central District.

Daily Sun gathered that Gov Theodore Orji was roundly beaten at the poll including in his polling unit, ward and local government by the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Ahamdi Emmanuel Nweke, but that PDP in connivance some Independent National Electoral (INEC) officials allegedly manipulated the result in favour of the governor.

It was also gathered that following complaints lodged at the INEC headquarters, Abuja, a three-man committee was set up to look into the allegation of result manipulation.

“Although the committee’s report has not been made public, but a source revealed the APGA candidate won the election and members are taking their findings back to the INEC headquarters.

When news of the development filtered into town, the capital city went agog with residents saying that at last, the man they voted for, would represent them in the Senate.

A prominent Umuahia chief, who hails from the same area with Gov Orji, was said to have held an elaborate party to celebrate the development.

Addressing newsmen, Chief Nweke said there was no time he had doubt about his ability to defeat Gov Orji at the poll, stating that his non-performance in office made victory easier for him.

Nweke said it was not only that he defeated Orji, but that he beat him at his (governor’s) polling unit, which, according to him, meant his kinsmen rejected him and that he also defeated the governor at the wife’s polling unit.

He said: “If I could beat the governor at his polling unit and that of his wife, all in Umuahia, which means total rejection by his kinsmen, where else could he get the votes that will make him to defeat me? Could it be from my own ward and local government? It’s impossible.

“How could people have voted for APGA and they are writing a different result? That’s why I like what INEC at the headquarters is doing; it will restore people’s confidence in the system.

“T.A Orji should emulate President Goodluck Jonathan and concede defeat so that peace will reign in the area. If President Jonathan with all the powers at his beck could concede defeat, why shouldn’t T.A Orji?” While thanking the outgoing President for his statesmanship by not allowing the blood of innocent Nigerians to be shed in the pursuit of self-satisfaction and urge for power, he called on President Jonathan to call to order one of his ministers, who he said had been using the military and other agencies of government to rig elections in the state and also intimidating opposition party members.

He also called on the chairman of INEC, Prof Attahiru Jega and other stakeholders to ensure credible polls on Saturday, alleging that they have obtained reports on the plot by the PDP to hire thugs from Abala Ibeme in Obingwa LGA and Rivers State to unleash mayhem on Abians in the nine local govern­ment areas of Ngwaland, set the famous Ariaria International Market ablaze as well as cause confusion among voters on the day of the election.

He also alleged of an ongoing thumbprinting of fake ballot papers in an undisclosed location in Ngwaland, plans to rig the election among other hidden agenda including the planned mass arrest of APGA senior officials a few days to the gover­norship poll.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113429

He is so desperate to become a senator so as to be protected by the immunity clause. Unfortunately, with Baba on the wheels, he and his son must answer for all their atrocious acts during his tenure.
Everything with a beginning for sure has an end

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by allanphash7(m): 8:25am On Apr 10, 2015
Good news have ever heard since this year

fvcuk that bastard called Orji
i hate him with passion

1 Like

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Arysexy(m): 8:26am On Apr 10, 2015
APGA owns Abia the shenanigans by ochendo and his cohorts must b stopped. Votes must count tomorrow.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by bayulll01(m): 8:26am On Apr 10, 2015
Instead for them to fight for their stolen mandate in the east they are fighting over lagos,av never understand such race

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by DoctorNyash(m): 8:27am On Apr 10, 2015
barcanista:
Rubbish! APC will never win in Rivers in any election, whether free and fair ir not.
"GEJ will sweep the southwest" Barcanista, Feb 2015

Bros abeg no dey talk again, your prophesies no dey come to pass gringrin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by maestroferddi: 8:28am On Apr 10, 2015
T A Orji messed things up in Abia State no doubt but the degree of propaganda and mudslinging Orji Uzo Kalu is using The Sun to do is getting nauseating.

I will await the authentication of this story...

1 Like

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by iCool(m): 8:29am On Apr 10, 2015
shocked
If this is true, my TGIF today no go be here! cheesy
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by ignis: 8:29am On Apr 10, 2015
Very good
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by directonpc(m): 8:29am On Apr 10, 2015
And una want give Lagos to them (pdp)

1 Like

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 10, 2015
Nnewi1stSon:
This news will make my week if confirmed to be true, TA's place is in jail, and I hope he lands there.
Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I recommend Kuje maximum prison

1 Like

Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by nduchucks: 8:31am On Apr 10, 2015
This is just the beginning and all senators elected in Rivers will be rejected by either INEC or the courts pretty soon. Parade has changed gear
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by ceejay4real(m): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Oh he owes workers too? Buhari must hear this.

Lalasticlala

Yes he does in fact, more than 10 months in some cases.
But come o, u ar just 2 cute. Cld we pls be friends? My twitter handle is @dbigcee4real. Waiting for your tweets. Thanks in advance!
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by ddefoe: 8:33am On Apr 10, 2015
Thank God for this wonderful news! Its timely.However,T A Orji must be probed and made to return billions of Abia State Money he stole with his son.this has to be done to restore confidence and the incoming president GMB should take note of that man.
Re: INEC Rejects Governor T. A. Orji As Senator- Elect by uzolexis(f): 8:33am On Apr 10, 2015
YES!!!!!! grin grin grin
Falling in love with Jega more and more everyday wink

If this is true, it's an early birthday present 4 me. Another word 4 Ochendo T.A should be failure,he has no biz being in politics again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Watching Jonathan's PVC Rejected By Card Reader / Alex Badeh's Assassination: Airforce Releases Statement On Death Of Ex Chief / Polls: Presidency Backing Atiku — Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.