Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice (32078 Views)

Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice / Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
Make your enquiries very well and don't always believe what people tell you. A lot of Nigerians are scammers and can't be trusted. Moreover,there are other lucrative businesses in Nigeria aside car business. Agriculture is one....Bring your tractors and money and see as you blow like Dangote.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by fireforfire: 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
Op b kiafool.
So u dnt fall into 419ers hands.that may pretend to want tp help u
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by otemanuduno: 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
Chai! Competition here will increase with this immigration tinz embarassed
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by doninno(m): 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
Think twice oh 9ja of all country is not soft or easy here oh we no hw we dey jama jama here dem born us inside am

2 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by rheether(f): 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
lagos, lol, you wont make it lol. But katsina will be an instant hit lol.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by BlackLeopard(m): 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
Your residential permit questions best answered here bro:

http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=7 wink

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Dwillz55(f): 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
uote author=ceejay80s post=3257200 lol! One person go cm make heat worry u abi
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
lepasharon:
I take it you are english sepaking camerounian ?
Sepaking?!

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by kaboninc(m): 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
Grandlexuz

Already acting like a naija guy!

Since you bear Obi, hope you're ready to swim? Tomorrow is all day swimming in the Lagos lagoon! Lol. Come with your life coat and suit.

You appear to know some things about us and that's a plus. Fellas be like..."I want to be a Nigerian when I grow up'. Interesting! So proud of my country.

Now to business, hope you know this outgoing government is (or has) laying (or laid) a foundation for the effective take off of the auto-motive industry, pitching its tent against import-oriented business. At most, only luxurious cars would actually sell as they sell to the rich. Outrageous duty and levy awaits these guys and I know they'd want to pass it onto the consumers.

The policy is yet to take effect because of a financing arrangement being mapped out by the stakeholders. This arrangement will enable middle income class earners and above to acquire locally made (produced or assembled) cars at affordable prices.

Also, there are just so many auto dealers in Lagos alone. From Surulere, to Ikeja, to V/I, to Lekki, to Ajah, to Festac, to Apapa to Oshodi, to Agege to Gbagada, to Ketu, to Anthony, to Ajegunle, to Olodi, to Magodo, just too many of them. Not to talk of the guys from Cotonu, that country just opened their borders to anything. So you are bound to face stiff competition. You'd need to grow your network, know people who know people who know people.

In terms of auto-parts, the Igbo brothers control that market.

In short, shine your eyes no be for mouth because even for here, Nwa Aba full yakata...

So make more research bro....

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by kaboninc(m): 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
OdenigboAroli:
Make your enquiries very well and don't always believe what people tell you. A lot of Nigerians are scammers and can't be trusted. Moreover,there are other lucrative businesses in Nigeria aside car business. Agriculture is one....Bring your tractors and money and see as you blow like Dangote.

Seriously? Odenigbo, the hill side of NSK?
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Abiagirl777(f): 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
sunnshyn:

I don't owe you any explanation but for the sake of this thread I'll oblige you...

Very street smart, industrious, even built like our Igbo brothers, some are full of wayo too *side eyes*

I'm Igbo by the way...

I'm igbo too, I just wanted to understand wot it means wen someone is said to behave lyk an igbo
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by mmsen: 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
Lalasticala make una try help this guy nah! The boy wan invest for our obodo Naija cheesy

Op, why didn't you put this up in the business section? I wish i had solid advise to give on immigration and co but i don't have any. I got one though, since you are an ECOWAS citizen, this should be pretty easy. Liaise with friends and colleagues in Lagos, take a visit and move around Lagos for yourself. Ask questions, visit car dealers and see what its like. Good luck

Cameroon is not in Ecowas.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Ishilove: 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

That is just me.. Suffering and smiling..Lol Catching another man on top of my wife and smiling..Lol Killing them both and smiling..Lol
Lol. I like this guy. Lol lol lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by freeborn76(m): 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
Most of the responses here are sarcastic to say the least. Who tell una say Naija bad like that? Make una try travel come South Africa come see where skabengos (touts) go kill person because of just 5 Rands. There are challenges here like every other country in Africa and truth is you must be careful, but bros do not be paranoid; most Nigerians are honest, accomodating and willing to offer assistance. Like most people have suggested, take a short trip, visit the Camerounian community in Lagos (mostly around Surulere and Apapa) and ask questions. Afterwards, go back home and reach a decision. Nigeria is changing, things are looking up, this is the best time to emigrate to Naija, in a few years time, mark my words, people go dey beg to get short visit visa to no avail. I wish you God speed bra.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by africanusvu(m): 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
Oboy see wahala!,shuuu,waiting wan carry all these Bokoharam guy wey run enter cameroon com bak to nigeria,see naaw,him don change name to Obi,I wan com buy used car take bomb Aba,oboy,niger don close border abeg
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Dwillz55(f): 9:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
U can come dats ur businiess is lucrative in evry part of naija but evry were is populated jst borno is vacant so u can cm nd invite sm of ur peeps to help us fill dat place

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by FAJFARM(m): 9:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:
I have lived in Cameroon all my life and though I like it here I have always admired the potential of big success in a country as populous as Nigeria. At such for some time now I have been looking at the possibility of settling in Nigeria to do business.

At the moment I sell Tokunbo vehicles in Cameroon's economic capital of 3 million people. The business is a little slow considering the high custom duty rate in Cameroon. A vehicle that will otherwise sell in Nigeria for 2 million Naira would sell for 3.5 million Naira in Cameroon.

That said I think a new environment away from home always encourages productivity. Douala has a large Nigerian population doing well in business; and I think the motivation for most of these guys is the away from home syndrome..Lol

I am considering Lagos as the most likely place to move to because of the population and security of some sort.. I know Lagos is not the safest of places but it is safer than Katsina..Lol I plan to move on my Cameroonian passport.

Coincidentally my Surname is Obi which means I could be taken for an Igbo guy.. However I am 100% Cameroonian from the Ejagham tribe...Lol We do have some name similarities with some tribes in Nigeria.

The advice I am looking for is:

How lucrative is the second hand car business in Lagos? I am also open to other lucrative businesses.

As a Cameroonian do I need a residential permit to live in Nigeria? How much does it cost?

How much can I expect to get a clean apartment? I am married with two kids but will not be relocating with them. Hopefully onila can take care of me while I am in Nigeria..Lol

Onila will take care of you? No permit to naija pls. you want to come and date naija babe not bizzness. Use anoda method to get access down here. tongue
grandlexuz:
I have lived in Cameroon all my life and though I like it here I have always admired the potential of big success in a country as populous as Nigeria. At such for some time now I have been looking at the possibility of settling in Nigeria to do business.

At the moment I sell Tokunbo vehicles in Cameroon's economic capital of 3 million people. The business is a little slow considering the high custom duty rate in Cameroon. A vehicle that will otherwise sell in Nigeria for 2 million Naira would sell for 3.5 million Naira in Cameroon.

That said I think a new environment away from home always encourages productivity. Douala has a large Nigerian population doing well in business; and I think the motivation for most of these guys is the away from home syndrome..Lol

I am considering Lagos as the most likely place to move to because of the population and security of some sort.. I know Lagos is not the safest of places but it is safer than Katsina..Lol I plan to move on my Cameroonian passport.

Coincidentally my Surname is Obi which means I could be taken for an Igbo guy.. However I am 100% Cameroonian from the Ejagham tribe...Lol We do have some name similarities with some tribes in Nigeria.

How lucrative is the second hand car business in Lagos? I am also open to other lucrative businesses.

As a Cameroonian do I need a residential permit to live in Nigeria? How much does it cost?

How much can I expect to get a clean apartment? I am married with two kids but will not be relocating with them. Hopefully onila can take care of me while I am in Nigeria..Lol

Onila will take care of you? No permit to naija pls. you want to come and date naija babe not bizzness. Use anoda method to get access down here.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by free2ryhme: 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Do your feasibilities studies get service of a consultant, spend some few weeks or months within your choice location to have a personal feel of what it likes and fianlly onila is a yoruba spoilt and lazy child studying abroad forming on nairaland.

If u expect any from of advance gratification from onila trust me she is only hyping her market value just like those before and after her nothing exist there at all

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Ojugunrege(f): 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
@ grandlexus.....u seem like some happy guy.....always lol'ing.....lol (see, it's contagious!)
Anyways welcome to Naija already....we are happy to have u....God bless u.
When u come, beware of Oba Akiolu sha o.....lol

4 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
seedorfg:
you are free like a bird in the sky in nigeria

just make sure Buhari doesn't change that... cry
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by dnative(m): 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
Nna stay where you are, Naija don full unless you wan enter one chance with your money grin
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by FAJFARM(m): 9:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
RickRichards:

Sepaking?!
Don't be surprised bro we are in raining season is hard to see dry weeds. you can be of help by exchanging his wet to dry stuff.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
OP, spare parts is the safest bet in the beginning if you are really interested in car business.
never never never send money to anyone under any circumstance in Nigeria whatsoever
always go there yourself
visit first and often as you can, before deciding to stay.

but once you master naija, you are in real heaven. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
Emigrate at your own risk.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by sethhanks99: 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
Make sure u re making a right decision o
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by blesoh(f): 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
Obi oyama jen ka nigeria?
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by blesoh(f): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
sucreblazing:
o boy forget u be calabar boy

trace your origin well well

guiness no do well ooo.....if not for my auto-correct I swear I no even no the different btw ORIJIN and origin again
lol na my broda,bros come naija u go prosper but no cum calabar cos enjoyment go finish u.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Spike88(f): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
Obi,

why don't you come visit first for a week or so. See the terrain, meet a few people in your line of business. Just come see how it works first. Cameroun is not part of Ecowas so you need to check the visa requirements at the Nigerian HC in Yaounde.
Goodluck
Spike
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Tinyemeka(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
Lalasticala make una try help this guy nah! The boy wan invest for our obodo Naija cheesy

Op, why didn't you put this up in the business section? I wish i had solid advise to give on immigration and co but i don't have any. I got one though, since you are an ECOWAS citizen, this should be pretty easy.

Hi. Good words of advice. Correction though: Cameroon is not an ECOWAS state but a CAR, Central African Region country.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by onyenro(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Op, why didn't you put this up in the business section? I wish i had solid advise to give on immigration and co but i don't have any. I got one though, since you are an ECOWAS citizen, this should be pretty easy. Liaise with friends and colleagues in Lagos, take a visit and move around Lagos for yourself. Ask questions, visit car dealers and see what its like. Good luck
Cameroon is not part of ecowas. don't mislead folks. if u don't know.....ask
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ha, trust me, dont come with the intent of staying yet, visit, chill with guys who do the business, survey the environment first..... Housing in lagos aint cheap.... Abeokut, ibadan might be a simpler option for an amateur hustler who doesnt know all the Naija terrain....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady And Her Friend Unscathed After Their Car Somersaulted Severally (pictures) / Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie / Two Containers Fall On Vehicle In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.