Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice (32030 Views)

Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice / Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Thanks.. I have lived life as both a wealthy and broke guy, so I know where to draw the line.. I am thinking of making a short trip this month to get first hand information on ground.. I understand I have to shine my eyes well well!
trust me when I say you dont need a residence permit.... If you decide to go to immigrations and get one, be ready to get extorted and be taken advantage of. When you get here, strive to get an international passport which could be used as a mode of identification when needed in places like banks.... About housing....., my sister stays in Lekki Phase1 on the island and pays400k for a self con including a sitting room, bedroom, toilet and bathroom and a kitchen in a spacious tiled compund. As it is, there are just 3 houses in the compound and its worth more than she pays... U should travel down and make a survey for urself..... If you've got upto 10 million, you will own a classy House at Lekki Gardens and never bother with rent ever again. You dont even have to pay the entire 10million outright.. There's a bit by bit payment plan in the estate.. About auto's, i know Nigerians buy tokunbo vehicles alot but I'm not sure what the market is like.... All the best bro...
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Bifwoli: 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Hahaha... Not at all Iniobong..Lol I am from the South West region of Cameroon.. Not very far off from Ekok which shares a boundary with Nigeria..
Gosh,why would you trade the peace,quiet and small but beautiful Cameroon for the chaos,pollution and overpopulation of Nigeria?

Money ain't everything ,you know?

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by blackfase(m): 11:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
I can feel the passion of naija all around your post. I suspect its not just the push for auto biz thats driving this. Back to the matter, a lot of sound posts, comments & reactions has been put up here to guide you to the most profound decision but if you still must carry on, why not. A short sniffy recce trip may not be harmful. Im kinda conversant with d auto biz cos I stay close to d border & cotonou wher the main bulk of cars are sourced. If the appeal is still as strong as you sound, you may wanna get in touch, I can point you in the right direction a bit.

grandlexuz:

Anyhthing oh.. Maybe pick me up at the airport in Lagos!..Lol
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by ayusco85(m): 12:13am On Apr 11, 2015
jennybright:
[quote author=ayusco85 post=

The op is a 419ner Nigerians beware

Hw u take know?
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by EmekaBlue(m): 12:29am On Apr 11, 2015
Cameroonians r humble people...like them compared to our Ghanaians brodas
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 11, 2015
well,i don't have any advice but one important one* don't trust anybody here it include the owner of the forum,just don't allow any helping hand here,better bring your trusted friend there and see things for yourself,mind u don't come here alone,they can attack u on arrival thinking u bring large money*

don't jettison my advice,* am young but am an old soul playing on planet earth.*

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 11, 2015
Bifwoli:

Gosh,why would you trade the peace,quiet and small but beautiful Cameroon for the chaos,pollution and overpopulation of Nigeria?

Money ain't everything ,you know?

i wonder o,some people like trouble areas.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 11, 2015
i guess the op dont like less populated country
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by timunstopable: 1:04am On Apr 11, 2015
duni04:
Resident permit ke? As long as u blend in nothing do you. You fit waka go immigration office collect naija passport sef. As long as you don't misyarn or tell them plainly that you're from Cameroun, you can even get a naija passport. That's how ridiculous Nigeria is

see as you dey spoil your own country
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by lepasharon(f): 1:20am On Apr 11, 2015
pelij18:
How come you are writting English language this perfect, I thought cameroon was colonised by france thereby initiating you guys with french speaking accent.?

There is an english speaking part of Cameroun
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Thomsbuky(m): 1:25am On Apr 11, 2015
360command:
blocage mental!

Who be this mugun? [/b]Blockag mental[b] is your contribution = Arrow mental...
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Spirit1(m): 1:47am On Apr 11, 2015
OP: Actually it is not a coincidence that some of your tribal names are similar to Nigerian names especially Igbo.
The Ekoi dialect which your tribe speaks/is derived are one of several peoples who used the Nsibidi ideographs.
Nsibidi is an ancient method of writing widely used by the Igbos before the arrival of the Europeans. Because your tribe also used this system of writing, there must be a relationship with the Igbo tribe. This writing system is very unique because it was exclusively used by the Igbos or people of Igbo origin in the present day Niger Delta in Nigeria.

Keep in mind that when the Europeans arrived, they drew an imaginary line not based on any real understanding of the people inhabiting the areas and divided them into boarders that separated them.
Igbos were known to travel far and wide in search of business and commerce, much like the present day.
I am not surprised that this relationship exists.

I will not be surprised that without even knowing your name, some Igbos have mistaken you as an Igbo man in Cameron.

You will be welcomed in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Mayor21(m): 2:02am On Apr 11, 2015
grandlexuz:

Thank you very much bros.. However Cameroon does not belong to the ECOWAS zone although we have a long standing relationship with Naija.. Despite my wanting to move to Naija I don't have any friends of relations there. The idea of making a short trip there to see things before hand is good. Thanks!
I'm Ejagham from cross river state in naija... So cameroon has ejagham?
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 3:28am On Apr 11, 2015
Since it's tokunbo cars you want to sell then I'll advice you to forget about Lagos and try places like Benin or Asaba.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by aymondw: 4:23am On Apr 11, 2015
Henix:
Tokunbo cars? How loaded are u? Have u taken into consideration the new auto policy in Nigeria, and the proximity of Cotonou auto mkt to Lagos? Lagos is a big mkt with lots of big time importers competing with one another.

U need a good source of importation for ur automobiles, good contacts, and a good capital, if u must survive in that business in Lagos city. Why not look for another line of business? Importation of auto parts, sounds better for me, if am to venture into auto business.

For house rent, it depends on the area u want to cite ur business in Lagos. If u are to do that around Apapa area, then an apartment at Festac, mazamaza, satellite town, etc, will take u not less than 300k. I stand to be corrected though.
My two cent

Good advise for obi, in addition to this, I'll advice you to look at ur environment for an item that people really craving that you can easily get in nigeria at competitive price and start importing it to you country. This will really help. In area of work permit, I don't think u really need it. For accomodation, source for a room self-contain in area closer to your business hub so you will not end up sending your profile on transportation in Lagos. Best of Luck
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Gboliwe: 4:41am On Apr 11, 2015
While the Americans were predicting a no Nigeria, a war torn Nigeria, a completely off the map Nigeria by 2015, Fela Durotoye kept reminding us about a Nigeria where people from other seemingly better countries will queue up waiting for our visa. The most desirable nation by 2025 will be Nigeria. The OP is already keying into that.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 4:44am On Apr 11, 2015
I also advice the car parts business. It moves like crazy unlike the car itself which could sit in a showroom for years. Import Japanese parts if you want quick sales, American parts (ford etc) if you want more money per item.

Bros Lagos is tough oh though it's also the biggest market! You might wanna try another city like Abuja or Port Harcourt which is not so big but still has enough market to share.

My advice: try starting your business while you are still living in Cameroon. Come to Nigeria like once every 2 or 3 months and go back before moving fully. You can find some hotels that charge like 15 days if you stay a whole month..
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by tsdarkside(m): 5:35am On Apr 11, 2015
we welcome you...i rather have my camerounian-brothers and sisters around me,than stvpid nasty colonialists or indians... wink wink wink

welcome...

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by omooba2019(f): 5:44am On Apr 11, 2015
If you are hard working, you will make it here. Welcome to Nigeria.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Abyzan(m): 6:27am On Apr 11, 2015
Go to Cross River and speak your language with your fellow ejagham descendants
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by jamillion: 6:53am On Apr 11, 2015
[s][/s]wellcome 2 my motherland...mind u o, only d persistence makes it der.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by wildikeman(m): 7:00am On Apr 11, 2015
grandlexuz:
I have lived in Cameroon all my life and though I like it here I have always admired the potential of big success in a country as populous as Nigeria. At such for some time now I have been looking at the possibility of settling in Nigeria to do business.

At the moment I sell Tokunbo vehicles in Cameroon's economic capital of 3 million people. The business is a little slow considering the high custom duty rate in Cameroon. A vehicle that will otherwise sell in Nigeria for 2 million Naira would sell for 3.5 million Naira in Cameroon.

That said I think a new environment away from home always encourages productivity. Douala has a large Nigerian population doing well in business; and I think the motivation for most of these guys is the away from home syndrome..Lol

I am considering Lagos as the most likely place to move to because of the population and security of some sort.. I know Lagos is not the safest of places but it is safer than Katsina..Lol I plan to move on my Cameroonian passport.

Coincidentally my Surname is Obi which means I could be taken for an Igbo guy.. However I am 100% Cameroonian from the Ejagham tribe...Lol We do have some name similarities with some tribes in Nigeria.

The advice I am looking for is:

How lucrative is the second hand car business in Lagos? I am also open to other lucrative businesses.

As a Cameroonian do I need a residential permit to live in Nigeria? How much does it cost?

How much can I expect to get a clean apartment? I am married with two kids but will not be relocating with them. Hopefully onila can take care of me while I am in Nigeria..Lol

YOU are NOT WELCOME! Stay back. We don't need or want CAMERUINIANS here. You guys are wicked. Let me not find you in Nigeria o.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by omonnakoda: 7:05am On Apr 11, 2015
Abiagirl777:

Can you pls elaborate on behave like igbo guys.how do they behave pls
In an Okoro sort of way. Nna tinz
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by oruzuruzu1ofnija(m): 7:22am On Apr 11, 2015
U need to see JEGA FOR JEGAQUIN cus I can not categorically tell u naija is safe buh uncle JEGA at the top will attend to u
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by cutieme(m): 7:22am On Apr 11, 2015
@grandlexuz,it's a good move as well as idea but then u have to come down first on a short visit and see things for yourself, get acquainted with trusted people in the market and from there u can be brushed up on what to do and where to start from.On the other hand bro,I'll still want u to tell me the prospect of living and doing business too in your place duola because am thinking in that light too.if u are on whataapp,u can drop me your number let me chat with u more there,then u can still remove the number once I've it,thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts / Determined Immigrant WE-MOVE / Name Top Ten Countries In Africa With The Most Beautiful Women: Please Rank Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.