Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice (32067 Views)

Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice / Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by An2elect2(f): 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
Just go ahead and immigrate.

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Babzrockman: 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
May be u should follow through Lagoon

5 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Truckpusher(m): 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:
I have lived in Cameroon all my life and though I like it here I have always admired the potential of big success in a country as populous as Nigeria. At such for some time now I have been looking at the possibility of settling in Nigeria to do business.

At the moment I sell Tokunbo vehicles in Cameroon's economic capital of 3 million people. The business is a little slow considering the high custom duty rate in Cameroon. A vehicle that will otherwise sell in Nigeria for 2 million Naira would sell for 3.5 million Naira in Cameroon.

That said I think a new environment away from home always encourages productivity. Douala has a large Nigerian population doing well in business; and I think the motivation for most of these guys is the away from home syndrome..Lol

I am considering Lagos as the most likely place to move to because of the population and security of some sort.. I know Lagos is not the safest of places but it is safer than Katsina..Lol I plan to move on my Cameroonian passport.

Coincidentally my Surname is Obi which means I could be taken for an Igbo guy.. However I am 100% Cameroonian from the Ejagham tribe...Lol We do have some name similarities with some tribes in Nigeria.

The advice I am looking for is:

How lucrative is the second hand car business in Lagos? I am also open to other lucrative businesses.

As a Cameroonian do I need a residential permit to live in Nigeria? How much does it cost?

How much can I expect to get a clean apartment? I am married with two kids but will not be relocating with them. Hopefully onila can take care of me while I am in Nigeria..Lol

Bia here nwanem....You took my name and you have to pay custom duty first before we even start talking grin

6 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
datguru:
Ok, its quite a good idea but....
but beware of kidnaper
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by manny4life(m): 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hmm.. I thought Nigerians and other West African nations were bitter enemies? Never did I think of a day I will see a thread of someone requesting information about emigrating to Nigeria... God is good... The glory of Nigeria will shine bright like a diamond. grin

13 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by ceejay80s(m): 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
Make he no come o, we are already overpopulated, I no want make heat do me.

12 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
Border closed. U can only be allowed migration to Sambisa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by omonnakoda: 9:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
Interesting.Relationship between Nigeria and Cameroon is not what it should be. Why settle in Nigeria why not trade between both countries.Agricultural products i interesting but with research you should find out what to sell in season.There i a new highway the Bamenda road is that operational now? Agricultural products is probably the most lucrative business in Nigeria but you need capital to enjoy it.It also requires hard work too. Capital is very important and as you know when starting any business you will most likely star with losses.. If your pockets are not deep enough to absorb this you will struggle
Making money from seling cars is no child's play but if there is good market in Camerooun I wish you well however where you need to go is Benin Republic NOT Nigeria cars are much cheaper. Persoally I am wary of car business but trucks might be better or spare parts and tyres for trucks. Also tyres for cars (used tyres) but that is contraband in Niggeria and risky.
I still recommend food because you get your money daily find out what to bring to Nigeria eg beans ,fruits and planatain and what to take back home

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by An2elect2(f): 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2015
ceejay80s:
Make he no come o, we are already overpopulated, I no want make heat do me.

lol eeya sorry. Life is hard in a cave.

5 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Daniel058(m): 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

That is just me.. Suffering and smiling..Lol Catching another man on top of my wife and smiling..Lol Killing them both and smiling..Lol
nawah 4u oooo grin
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by kheart(m): 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2015
Me think say cameroonians na only french dem sabi speak sef

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by creepsyme(f): 9:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
now dat buhari has won election he can come, nigeria will be fine.

5 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by sunnshyn(f): 9:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
See me o...I didn't even know foreigners needed resident permit to live in Nigeria...

When I see a foreign national, i.e from their accent( e.g Ghana) I just wave it off and continue with my business...

It was after I left Nigeria I knew there was something called permanent or temporal resident permit.. Na wa!!

We are truly very accommodating and peace loving people in Nigeria....

I've got many Camerounian friends(Males and Females) here, their men behave like Igbo guys, some even claim Nigeria and even speak pidgin, only their accent give them away.....lolzz...don't mind me jor OP, I hope you get help soon...

3 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=stonecoldcafe post=32562421]Lalasticala make una try help this guy nah! The boy wan invest for our obodo Naija cheesy

Op, why didn't you put this up in the business section? I wish i had solid advise to give on immigration and co but i don't have any. I got one though, since you are an ECOWAS citizen,

This guy no be ECOWAS citizen. Him country name Central Africa.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by cooljude(m): 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
kheart:
Me think say cameroonians na only french dem sabi speak sef
some part of cameroon speak english, i had alot of them as course mate back in school. Good people

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by duni04(m): 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
Resident permit ke? As long as u blend in nothing do you. You fit waka go immigration office collect naija passport sef. As long as you don't misyarn or tell them plainly that you're from Cameroun, you can even get a naija passport. That's how ridiculous Nigeria is

7 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Abiagirl777(f): 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
sunnshyn:
See me o...I didn't even know foreigners needed resident permit to live in Nigeria...

When I see a foreign national, i.e from their accent( e.g Ghana) I just wave it off and continue with my business...

It was after I left Nigeria I knew there was something called permanent or temporal resident permit.. Na wa!!

We are truly very accommodating and peace loving people in Nigeria....

I've got many Camerounian friends(Males and Females) here, their men behave like Igbo guys...lolzz...don't mind me jor OP, I hope you get help soon...

Can you pls elaborate on behave like igbo guys.how do they behave pls

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Lilboots(m): 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
Guy , wait first o!! Make we see wetin go happen on Saturday cos.....with that Obi surname and u r heading to Lagos.... grin Lagoon tinz cool

15 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2015
Wow! I love the modest life of the cameroonian. I do business in Cameroon too and I'm in cameroon every month.
I do business in Douala, Edea,Sangmélima and Gouara. I lodge in Somatel, Serena or Aqua whenever I'm around. I love your fish.

Are you from Bamenda, Boya or Bafoussam? Those are the regions that speak English.

You only need the lagos spirit to make it here!

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by seedorfg(m): 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2015
you are free like a bird in the sky in nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by airsaylongcon: 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
Interesting write up. And while I know Cameroon is bilingual,your write up is sooooooooo up there devoid of quirks and abbreviations. I've got a very close friend who is 3/4 Cameroonian. Mom full Cameroonian, dad's mum Cameroonian while his paternal grandpa is Nigerian. While it's nice you coming over for business here, understand that Lagos is a jungle where a lion can eats it's relative. Heck the lion will even eat it's offspring if needed. That said I suggest you do a small surveillance trip where you can evaluate the environment. Most Cameroonian I have met find Lagos very fast paced and dare I say, wild. But there's an active Cameroonian community in Lagos and you can always hook up with them. They are around the surulere and apapa axis of Lagos. Easy to tell from their accents. I remember laughing out loud when someone was asked if he was a "myongo man". Business is doable in Lagos you just need to be extra careful. Just learn Ibo with that name cos every 'omo nna' in Lagos will surely speak ibo to you with that name u have. All d best

5 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by godoluwa(m): 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Yeah I have been a regular on nairaland for several years. Started watching Nigerian movies as far as 1997. In fact if I had m PVC I would have voted at the just concluded election..Lol My wife was shocked at how closely I followed the result. I have been curs-ing Orubebe since that election incident. Jega has become my hero since then! I plan to put a picture of him in my office..
i dnt believe u to be a camerounian. look here, if u mean business, Nigeria iz nt advisable for u to set up tokunbo cars business. if u love automobile biz, u can venture into transport company or spare part. one of d best thing u can venture into in 9ja iz agriculture. some peeps will laugh but if u knw ur way, u will smile at d end. many Nigerian prefer buying cars frm cotonou as many of d dealers here in 9ja would av removed ac, car cd player & some other meaningful things b4 selling d car. cost of getting car in cotonou iz cheap & dats y many prefers buying there. gudluck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by sunnshyn(f): 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
Abiagirl777:

I don't owe you any explanation but for the sake of this thread I'll oblige you...

Very street smart, industrious, even built like our Igbo brothers, some are full of wayo too *side eyes*

I'm Igbo by the way...
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by lepasharon(f): 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
I take it you are english speaking camerounian ?
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by airsaylongcon: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
Abiagirl777:

Massive entrepreneurs! And when they look thick like Patrick Mboma they need not say more.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
Nigeria is like survival of the fittest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Raypawer(m): 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
sucreblazing:
o boy forget u be calabar boy

trace your origin well well

guiness no do well ooo.....if not for my auto-correct I swear I no even no the different btw ORIJIN and origin again

so true, cos Ejagham is in Northern Cross River which is close to Cameroon

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by stonecoldcafe: 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=emmajiya post=32572288][/quote]

Yeah tnx he told me already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Here Are Places Around The World Where You Are Not Allowed To Wear Clothes / Lady And Her Friend Unscathed After Their Car Somersaulted Severally (pictures) / Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.