Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? (1348 Views)

Governor Loses $10m Bail Out Funds To Mistress In Texas, US / Obiano Chilling With His Family At Their Texas Residence / Senator Ita-Giwa In Texas, Meets Jemiriye (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by mekaboy(m): 11:13am On Apr 11, 2015
is someone born in Virginia US considered a guest if he or she relocates to texas? Will it be right to say texas pple are hosting him or her?

Do texas people have the right to threaten to throw out everyone from Virginia in texas?
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by temitemi1(m): 11:17am On Apr 11, 2015
That's why no one should see my igbo pple as a foreigners in Lagos! One Nigeria!!
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by MugabeRobert: 11:19am On Apr 11, 2015
US is not Nigeria.

I know thousands of ibos, born and raised in the north but can they contest for any election? The simplicity of tiger is not stupidity.

7 Likes

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by MugabeRobert: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2015
temitemi1:
That's why no one should see my igbo pple as a foreigners in Lagos! One Nigeria!!

Goto Kano with your one Nigeria. Foolish goat with low self esteem claiming to be a Yoruba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by kosovo(m): 11:22am On Apr 11, 2015
That's the pathetic nature of Nigeria. We can only blame Lord Lugard whose bones must be dancing in xterisis for the unholy matrimony.

I was watching a program online, where one of the NNPC female directors was asked to present an award to these young kids after emerging winner a competition. I can't get the details as I was not entirely following, but what got my attention was what I heard..

She said, I am first a "yoruba" woman before being a Nigerian... For me, that's it. There is nothing that can change our misconfiguration. If someone, who has attained such status in life can make such a callous statement. Then, I am afraid, there is no hope for a totally unified Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by mekaboy(m): 11:23am On Apr 11, 2015
MugabeRobert:
US is not Nigeria.

I know thousands of ibos, born and raised in the north but can they contest for any election? The simplicity of tiger not stupidity.

In other words the US is a nation and Nigeria is not abi ?
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by rubii09: 11:24am On Apr 11, 2015
You are comparing the usa with nigeria? You need to go read some history book

2 Likes

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by MugabeRobert: 11:25am On Apr 11, 2015
kosovo:
That's the pathetic nature of Nigeria. We can only blame Lord Lugard whose bones must be dancing in xterisis for the unholy matrimony.

I was watching a program online, where one of the NNPC female directors was asked to present an award to these young kids after emerging winner a competition. I can't get the details as I was not entirely following, but what got my attention was what I heard..

She said, I am first a "yoruba" woman before being a Nigerian... For me, that's it. There is nothing that can change our misconfiguration. If someone, who has attained such status in life can make such a callous statement. Then, I am afraid, there is no hope for a totally unified Nigeria.

What's wrong in what she said? You want her to throwaway her heritage because of some silly contraptions?

3 Likes

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by WisdomFlakes: 11:27am On Apr 11, 2015
mekaboy:
is someone born in Virginia US considered a guest if he or she relocates to texas? Will it be right to say texas pple are hosting him or her?

Do texas people have the right to threaten to throw out everyone from Virginia in texas?

If you were born in Lagos and your father hails from Enugu, do you fill in Lagos as your state of origin in Nigeria? Get yourself a brain. Nigeria ain't America.

5 Likes

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by MugabeRobert: 11:31am On Apr 11, 2015
mekaboy:

In other words the US is a nation and Nigeria is not abi ?

If you want to Nigeria is a nation or not, Tell ibos to start burying their brothers in Lagos.

and,

If you want to know if you US is nation or not, why don't you wear a costume depicting you as a red Indian or Goto to Hawaii and insult the aborigines. Stop deluding yourself, southwest can never be a place for ibos.

5 Likes

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by mekaboy(m): 11:39am On Apr 11, 2015
MugabeRobert:

If you want to Nigeria is a nation or not, Tell ibos to start burying their brothers in Lagos.

and,

If you to know if you US is nation or not, why don't you wear a costume depicting you as a red India or Goto to Hawaii and insult the aborigines. Stop deluding yourself, southwest can never be a place for ibos.

Tell that to those selling the lands to igbos. They know lagos yo be owned by yoruba but when they see igbo money, they sell to them in the name of 1 Nigeria.
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by kosovo(m): 11:43am On Apr 11, 2015
MugabeRobert:

What's wrong in what she said? You want her to throwaway her heritage because of some silly contraptions?

She is a Nigerian before being a yoruba woman.. and not the reverse.. Spot the difference..

We have latinos, hispanic, jews etc in the United States.. You don't hear anyone saying he or she is this or that, but an American
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by KINGTELLER: 11:46am On Apr 11, 2015
MugabeRobert:
US is not Nigeria.

I know thousands of ibos, born and raised in the north but can they contest for any election? The simplicity of tiger not stupidity.
If U.S is not Nigeria, then the blacks in U.S shldnt contest for any post because they were brought in as slaves
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by MugabeRobert: 11:51am On Apr 11, 2015
mekaboy:

Tell that to those selling the lands to igbos. They know lagos yo be owned by yoruba but when they see igbo money, they sell to them in the name of 1 Nigeria.

No one is selling an inch in southwest, we are leasing it bro. Besides, no one forced you to pay for it you can take your money elsewhere.

Nothing like one nigeria, go read what Awo and Sardauna said. The only deluded one was Zik, the greedy one.
Nigeria is a mere geopolitical and geographical expression of different countries fused together by the British.

4 Likes

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by olufunmibi(m): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2015
mekaboy:

Ask the Oba of Texas, kabiesi alase ekeji orisa

3 Likes

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by MugabeRobert: 12:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
kosovo:

She is a Nigerian before being a yoruba woman.. and not the reverse.. Spot the difference..

We have latinos, hispanic, jews etc in the United States.. You don't hear anyone saying he or she is this or that, but an American

Bros, America is a nation formed by gun wielding murdering cuntss hence every cat and mouse is shouting. The Red Indians, the real owners of America think otherwise. For justice be made, all lands must be returned to the aborigines. Away from this euphoria, the real owners of America are still nursing their wounds.

Google the apology letter sent to Hawaiians by Bill Clinton.

Secondly, Nigeria is a different ball game all together cos the only group trying to force themselves on others are the ibos to serve their greed. What do you think led to civil war? The ibos in their determination to force and lord themselves on others went on ethnic cleansing killing every other regional leaders but theirs and quickly abrogated the regional system of governance. This led to counter coup and the rest is now past.

Learn from your past or you are doomed to repeat it.
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by Sloan: 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
mekaboy:

You and your fellow ibos are ao deluded! So, buying a land which is really a lease that expire in 99 years means you have bought something you can fold and put in your pocket, right? Yoruba house of assemblies should make laws to prohibit selling (or leasing land for 99 years) to ibos because they can't get it that the ownership expires after their death which will most likely happen in 99 years + their current age. Renting a flat in a house for 10 years or 99 years will never make you a joint owner of the house!

2 Likes

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 11, 2015
Many folks are educated but not many have bright minds.

Comparing Nigeria, a country of nations with ancestral and generational ties to their lands and USA, a country of immigrants is plain folly.

If you want to compare Nigeria in terms of social structure, look towards Europe. A continent of many nations carved along ethno-linguistic lines and or with political structure designed along the same criterion.

The problem Nigeria and many African nations are facing is looking towards UsA for democratic values bordering on politics and social aspects which has done nothing but plunged a number of countries into crises.

Until Nigeria is structured along the Uk confederacy line, we won't know positive peace.

2 Likes

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by omonnakoda: 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2015
Does someone from Virginia have an ethnic identity? Do they speak Virginian? Do they have kings.Do they claim their ancestors own the land?Let us not compare apples with tomatoes.When did they arrive in Virginia compare to the inhabitants of Nigeria.Do they have a federal character clause in their constitution?

1 Like

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by mikolo80: 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
mekaboy:

Can they carry the land to the east when they out stay their welcome

1 Like

Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by mikolo80: 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2015
kosovo:

Because they have leaders who put in place systems that don't deprive citizens by race
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by truefact: 3:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
MugabeRobert:

Goto Kano with your one Nigeria. Foolish goat with low self esteem claiming to be a Yoruba
You don't want one Nigeria.. Yet you don't want biafra... What do you want cowards who can't stand on his feet?
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by truefact: 3:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
MugabeRobert:

No one is selling an inch in southwest, we are leasing it bro. Besides, no one forced you to pay for it you can take your money elsewhere.

Nothing like one nigeria, go read what Awo and Sardauna said. The only deluded one was Zik, the greedy one.
Nigeria is a mere geopolitical and geographical expression of different countries fuse d together by the British.
Then why still keeping biafeans in Nigeria if you know all this Truth?
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by jumobi1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
I think Nigeria should at least split into at least six territories.
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
The US is an immigrant country. Nigeria is not. People are spiritually attached to their land in this part of the world. If Ife and Modakeke can go to war just because of land related issues. How easy would it be then from someone from a completely different tribe
Did Abia state not sack non indigenes in government offices some months ago
Would a Scott call London no mans land or would an English call Edinburgh no man's land
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

If you were born in Lagos and your father hails from Enugu, do you fill in Lagos as your state of origin in Nigeria? Get yourself a brain. Nigeria ain't America.
Even if he fills Lagos as state of origin, that doesn't stop him from being discriminated against cos of his fathers name if it doesn't sound Yoruba. Would be easier for Lagos to accept someone from faraway Togo with a Yoruba name than from someone across the Niger river.
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by ezeagu(m): 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
MugabeRobert:
US is not Nigeria.

I know thousands of ibos, born and raised in the north but can they contest for any election? The simplicity of tiger is not stupidity.

You know there's something wrong when people use Northern Nigeria as a benchmark for civility.
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by mekaboy(m): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
saxywale:
The US is an immigrant country. Nigeria is not. People are spiritually attached to their land in this part of the world. If Ife and Modakeke can go to war just because of land related issues. How easy would it be then from someone from a completely different tribe
Did Abia state not sack non indigenes in government offices some months ago
Would a Scott call London no mans land or would an English call Edinburgh no man's land

spiritually attached to their land and they sell their inheritance to igbos? Why wont the the spirit of mr oluwale who passed on his land to his son oluyeye come and fight the igboman that has acquired it?
Re: Is Someone From Virginia Considered A Guest In Texas? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
KINGTELLER:

If U.S is not Nigeria, then the blacks in U.S shldnt contest for any post because they were brought in as slaves
The whites even are not indigenous. They're protestants from Europe.

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Supporters Will Boycott Threads By The Opposition / I Chose Yar'adua Because Others Were Corrupt - Obasanjo / Photo : Olusegun Obasanjo Coming Back From Congo In 1961

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.