Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party (36419 Views)

PDP Politicians Spend More Money On Girls Than Media - Adeyanju / Don’t Befriend PDP Politicians Who Defected To APC – CAC Prophet Warns Buhari / PDP Politicians Take Note: Buhari Didn’t Join PDP When He Couldn’t Beat Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party by Bevista: 7:10am On Apr 12, 2015
Reference:

Raise what nonsense bar. Have they not benefitted from defections. Now they will suffer its downside.
You are getting it all wrong man. Then they were the oppositon and needed all the help they could get. Those who defected back then actually helped the party to success, and it was a huge risk leaving the ruling party. Those defecting now are merely gold-diggers who want to enjoy the sweat of others or be shielded from the impending probe.
Re: APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 12, 2015
prospero5:
I don't do politics but atleast I know that Nigeria's politics is stagnant. Almost every 'saint' today in APC was once a PDP 'devil'. I vote for persons, I don't vote parties.

You need a rethink bro. In Nigerian politics, people don't change party ideologies but parties change peoples' ideologies. For those who strongly believe jona is a good man, look what Pdp did to him! Once you cast a political vote, its automatically for the party whose rep you believe you are voting for. Peace.
Re: APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party by Reference(m): 7:20am On Apr 12, 2015
freethinker01:
You should have told the likes of obj, atiku, oyinlola et all so form a strong opposition or stay with their parties. Your party achieved their sole aim(the seat of the presidency), u now know there's no room for defectors. SMDH.
Btw, I don't support any polical party, I support individual.

In evolutionary terms we are just an egg of a democracy so you are right and wrong. Right not to support political parties because all eggs look alike. You don't know which is male and which is female. Both the PDP and APC are alike. But you are wrong in voting candidates in selecting eggs because the rooster you thought might actually be a hen.

A better way is to own the poultry and raise birds. Support the system and let it grow then take ideological positions in the future. Taking sides or candidates at this stage of our nascent democracy in my opinion is futile and will lead only to frustration.

Forget the players and the teams, just love the game and keep your head.
Re: APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party by Reference(m): 7:46am On Apr 12, 2015
Bevista:
You are getting it all wrong man. Then they were the oppositon and needed all the help they could get. Those who defected back then actually helped the party to success, and it was a huge risk leaving the ruling party. Those defecting now are merely gold-diggers who want to enjoy the sweat of others or be shielded from the impending probe.

The fundamental thing that seperates two political parties is ideology. Two fundamental things that causes Nigerian politicians to port. A grudge, a new nest, not ideology.

Tell me if there will not be disagreements in the APC. Tell me if the positions and perks will go round and I will tell you whether an opposition group wouldn't rise up within its ranks.

And by the way the APC has in its entrails all the ingridients for internal heat. Godfatherism and pre-selection, rigid, high-handed leaders and lack of internal democracy.

Real political parties have rules of membership called ideologies. Popular ones are left, right, centre, conservative, liberal. These define who a particular candidate is and is an unremovable stamp on his forehead checking his entire political life. Our democracy has not reached that level.

Though people like me will that balance as quickly as possible (so that I can vote for once in my lifetime) but the reality is that it will take a long time to get that balance right. Without ideology all progress is made on interests and as long as there are disputes there will be defections.

I can virtually tell you when, how and involving whom the next big move out of APC will be. There are no ideological gates or fences. Amaechi is in the APC simply because Rivers oil went to Bayelsa. Period. Rochas is there, same as Atiku because of the Presidency and on and on.

Are you saying there will not be disputes and impossible ambitions in the APC led government?
Re: APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party by efilefun(m): 7:57am On Apr 12, 2015
kollinpowel:
do u notice something about the pdp logo it says forward and the arrow is facing backward.
Yea sure that's why I posted the pic
Re: APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party by businessMODE(m): 8:03am On Apr 12, 2015
guys you are missing the point, APC cant remain in power forever, there will be a time when we will need to remove APC from power too and that will be when all the cabals in PDP have gone to sleep...APC wont stand long because it is more of a regional fusion while PDP is more of a national party ... understand the implications please
Re: APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party by Bevista: 8:15am On Apr 12, 2015
I can virtually tell you when, how and involving whom the next big move out of APC will be.
I'm waiting to hear specifics based on ur above claim. Meanwhile, I agree with most of what u wrote there - great analysis.
Re: APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party by kollinpowel(m): 9:53am On Apr 12, 2015
efilefun:
Yea sure that's why I posted the pic
i love ur observation

1 Like

Re: APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party by jenie10(f): 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
stevewale:
Thats a good decision ... let's not make the nation a one party system ... PDP should go form their opposition party come 2023
2023? What happns to 2019? I dnt trust power of incumbency o, anytn can happn
Re: APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party by DaBullIT(m): 4:37am On Apr 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:

grin grin grin
Bros, You scarce o

CHANGE has been effected, moving on to another chapter miss you too hehehe grin
Re: APC Denounces Defections, Says PDP Politicians Should Stay In Their Party by Coolbite(m): 4:49am On Apr 14, 2015
Politicians should realized that they can't always be in power. Hence, when things turn against them, they stay in their party and re-strategise. It is also incubent on the winning party to bench them till the next poll. With our money politics, such can not be ruled out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Declared Babajide Sanwo-olu Winner – APC Chairman / Sack Abba Kyari Now – Deji Adeyanju, Calls On Interpol To Arrest Him / Obanikoro Reacts To Lagos Governorship Election Result [see Tweets]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.