Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here (60856 Views)

Post Your 2016 "By This Time Next Year"expectations With Faith.. / Post Your Favourite Christian Hymns / Is Prophet Muhammed Worthy Of Emulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by 2Mekus: 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
A MUST have application for TRUE Christian believers. This Gotquestion.org application is too rich to be ignored. It contains countless questions that might agitate the minds of believers and each question is answered in most precise and easy to understand manner with Holy Bible quotations to back up their points on any topic. It makes understanding Bible very easy.

I stumbled on this application and I have been thanking God ever after for it. It is available on Apple Store for FREE.

Please try it.

Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by modelee(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2015
The Effects Of Masturbation According To God's Word This is the topic I created it just nw
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by tiripsyloh: 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by oluwatunde1984(m): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2015
GRUDGES NOT GOOD FOR YOU AS CHRISTIAN

Grudges are not acceptable before God. He tells us as early as Leviticus 19:18, “You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord” (emphasis added throughout). As if that were not emphatic enough, the apostle Paul later says in Ephesians 4:26-27, “'Be angry, and do not sin': do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil.” The command to not let the sun go down on our wrath is another way of saying, “Don't hold on to what makes you angry.” But why? What's wrong with stewing over the frustrating things others have done to us? God forbids grudges because they foster nothing but bitterness and eventually destruction. We read in Hebrews 12:14-15, “Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled.” Beside, as Paul said, they can give the devil a foothold ( Ephesians 4:27, New International Version). Grudges destroy relationships. It is impossible to build or repair any relationship when one side will not let go of something the other has done. And beyond that, grudges destroy us from the inside. When we hold onto grudges, they weigh us down and tear us apart—and the sick irony is that grudges only have the power to do that because we give it to them. Instead of holding on to grudges and becoming bitter, frustrated individuals, God has called us to a higher standard—that of forgiveness. We need to forgive those who have wronged us as soon as possible, giving up our right for revenge and to hold a grudge. Jesus tells us, “Whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him” ( Mark 11:25). Why? Well, for the reasons previously mentioned, but Christ continues His admonition to its sobering conclusion: “…that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses” (verses 25-26). Forgiving others and giving up grudges is for our own good!
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 30, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by lalasticlala(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Lionize: 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2771921/six-reasons-why-youths-port

Six Reasons Why Youths Port From Their Parents' Churches

We need to hear from some of these people.
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Syphax(m): 5:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by 2odd(m): 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by CARLOSZ: 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2783266/biafran-soldier-poem

Pls Lalasticlala and seun, checkout my poem
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by kihemeje96(f): 6:09am On Dec 06, 2015
Muslim Parents Murder Own Daughter For Having Sex With A Man THey Disapproved Of: (Photos)
A 19 year-old girl, Lareeb Khan was murdered by her parents of same religion for having sex with a man they disapproved of. Khan's parents, Azadullah, 52 crept into her room while she was sleeping and strangled her while mother Shazia, 42 looked on after which they both dumped her body down an embankment. The victim's father admitted killing her while her mother denied in court but both have been jailed for life for the so-called 'honor killing'. The judge said they had a right to their culture, but not at the expense of life in Germany.

http://www.news-world-update.com/2015/12/muslim-parents-murder-own-daughter-for.html

1 Share

Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by kihemeje96(f): 6:23am On Dec 06, 2015
Woman Choked And Buried Secretly By Fiance Resurrects From Shallow Grave: (Photo)

A woman who was buried by her fiance after he thought he had choked her to death reportedly came back to life. 34 year-old Stacey Gwilym said she was attacked by the groom-to-be, Keith Hughes, 39, after they got into a row during a romantic walk at Caswell Bay, on the Gower Peninsula, South Wales, just days after he proposed. When Hughes saw her fall unconscious, he thought she was dead and tried to hide her body in woodland. Stacey narrated in court that when she woke up from her unconscious state, she found herself in a shallow grave covered with branches and leaves. She managed to crawl out of the grave and called police. Hughes who is a bodybuilder was convicted of attempted murder at Swansea Crown Court and sentenced to life. He will serve a minimum of eight-and-a-half years. Stacey told the court that she was unconscious before she woke up and found herself in a shallow grave covered with branches and leaves. She managed to crawl out of the grave and called police. When Hughes was arrested by the police, unaware that Stacey was safe said: “You’ll never find her body.”
When he learned that she was still alive, he pleaded guilty to the crime in saying he was afraid what will happen if police found out he killed her which made him to bury her in the woods. Hughes said: “I panicked and thought about what I have done. I did not intend to kill her.”
On why he buried the woman in the shallow grave instead of calling for help, he said:

http://www.news-world-update.com/2015/12/woman-choked-and-buried-secretly-by.html
“I felt very bad about what I had done. I thought she was dead so I just left,” he told the court.

1 Share

Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Jetjacky(m): 6:24am On Dec 06, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2783948/how-pray

This is a teaching on how to pray and recieve your answers from God as a Christian
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by gevans(m): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
Politics and christianity : Should a true Christian be involve in Nig politics?
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by yeniajayi(f): 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
ayokanmi3:
When God doesnt make sence www.nairaland.com/2738297/when-god-doesnt-make-sence
Let this make front page now...
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by yeniajayi(f): 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
How Does The White Garment 'dada' Come Into Place In Christendom?

www.nairaland.com/2784651/how-does-white-garment-dada
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
10 things the bible teaches about fornication

www.nairaland.com/2785416/10-things-holy-book-teaches
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Epiphanus20(m): 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by creamyworkz: 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by dhateeboi(m): 9:57am On Dec 10, 2015
See what I bumped into recently going through my brother's shelve

www.nairaland.com/2792456/see-what-pumped-into-brothers
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by lovelyn7777: 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by ProfSamurai(m): 5:54am On Dec 13, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Jetjacky(m): 7:25am On Dec 13, 2015
How you deal with stiff necked people as a christain

https://www.nairaland.com/2798450/what-when-meet-stiffnecked-people
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2015
emusmith:
Hello Friends,

With so many threads created here; some "Front Page Worthy" and others "NOT Front Page Worthy", we would love to really have a more organized and impactful section that will make Front Page more often than it has been.

For example:

TOPIC: Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help

LINK: https://www.nairaland.com/2248983/sex-destroyed-me-took-away

After taking this step, don't bother reminding myself and other moderators/supermods to move it to Front page because if it is Front Page Worthy, it will surely make Frontpage in the Appropriate Time.

Consider this thread a clarion call to sanitizing the Religious Section. In the bid to doing so, the following information needs to be well understood:

1. Do not discriminate any belief you know little or nothing about. If you must contribute, do that with courtesy, respect and maturity.

2. Religion lay emphasis on a Higher Being, be it Christianity, Islam, Buddhaism etc and I believe they all promote good living, kindness, love and respect. Through your help, we'll ensure(the best way we can) all these virtues are being restored to this section.

3. Before creating or quoting any thread, remember the rules of Nairaland. They will be enforced on anyone who breaks them

NB: Only Religious Threads Are Allowed Here!

Questions and Complaints will also be taken.

Thank You.

https://www.nairaland.com/2798555/it-right-women-lead-teach
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Jetjacky(m): 9:41am On Dec 13, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2798511/one-benefits-having-jesus-life#40955406

You shoukd know one of the important advantage a christain has
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by dhateeboi(m): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2015
some important often over-looked verses from the bible

www.nairaland.com/2798715/some-important-often-over-looked-verses
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by teyus: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2015
God Told Me Nigeria Will Be Listed Among World Power Countries - Bishop Oyedepo

https://www.nairaland.com/2799340/god-told-me-nigeria-listed
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Bnladan(m): 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
TOPIC: Jesus not coming back -Roman Catholic Leaders SAID

LINK: https://www.nairaland.com/2799406/jesus-not-coming-roman-catholic
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Bnladan(m): 7:40pm On Dec 13, 2015
TOPIC: Jesus not coming back -Roman Catholic Leaders SAID

LINK: https://www.nairaland.com/2799406/jesus-not-coming-roman-catholic
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 13, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer / She Lured Him Into Sex, And This Finally Happened To Him / Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.