Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets (74891 Views)

Ministers To Lose Perks Of Office / Buhari will not force Ministers, aides to take pay cut –Presidency / BREAKING: President-elect Buhari Speaks With Saharatv, Slams Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Kingkamal(m): 11:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
tit:
this fool talks again!
How is he going to make governors declare assets apart from what is stipulated in the constitution?
Does he think he has power over the governors!

Who. Talk about governors? I think you are the biggest fool. That takes a minister as a governor
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by searider(m): 11:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
Iweala should be held responsible for the economic catastrophe she has landed Nigeria.

Madueke should be jailed in Mexico for lavishing our money on her family.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by iamdsam: 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
But he know book pass your papa and you. Olodo like you
Daniyemi:
Pa Buhari, stop being mendacious.
We know you are not intellectually sound to pursue all these talks you keep talking.
IJustDeyLookYou.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Franzeez(m): 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
Declare your asset, loot money with your brothers name and divert money to your cousins name, build houses with your unborn babies name and when you leave office, declare assets again. Corruption is rooted in Nigeria and the former PDP members now in APC can't stop being corrupt. I hope they are caught.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Kingkamal(m): 11:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
mekaboy:
What does buhari know about economics to blame anybody? He is just saying what he was told. He did not say anything about the governors that shared the money they were advised to save by the same finance minister.

I commend the asset declaration move if he can.
Even your father that pay your school fees, I bet you will never have a qualified and intelligent person like GMB. He. Was a governor, Minister and then head of state and now. You are saying what does he know? Hmmm he. Knows that you can never get councillor in. Your whole family. MUMU

1 Like

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by fistonati(m): 11:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
So buhari is telling us dat Obasanjo wil be untouchable fela has since spoken, dt he is SORRY FOR NIGERIA. Wat a SOOTHSAYER FELA is.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by iamdsam: 11:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
I so much love this asset declaration. This Iweala is a big thief. There're so many thieves holding federal government positions that are from Delta State. Amaju Pinnick of the NFF is an example. That's why our Super Eagles still can't get a coach up till now.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by iamdsam: 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
Is Obasanjo Nigeria's main problems Try to think well abeg #elderstatesman
fistonati:
So buhari is telling us dat Obasanjo wil be untouchable fela has since spoken, dt he is SORRY FOR NIGERIA. Wat a SOOTHSAYER FELA is.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by iamdsam: 11:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
Na papa know Economics
mekaboy:
What does buhari know about economics to blame anybody? He is just saying what he was told. He did not say anything about the governors that shared the money they were advised to save by the same finance minister.

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by iamdsam: 12:02am On Apr 13, 2015
PassingShot:
Buhari is the next best thing to happen to Nigeria after democracy.

His intentions are genuine and he seems to know what he is set out to achieve. With determination and a good team behind him, GMB will surely outperform all his predecessors.

May God help GMB
May God bless APC
May God bless FRN
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Manir9ja: 12:55am On Apr 13, 2015
shigoslim:

what is rubbish in my statement, it's clearly show you lack common basic analysis. I repeat i will take him seriously when he ask his co'members to declare their asset publicly especially the likes of tinubu, Atiku and others.

Moreover what majority of us don't understand is that would buhari be able to fight corruption down to grass root? I doubt that, the fact that each state were been governor by democratic body not military guy who buhari will give decree to carry out is anti-crusade corruption. Tell him that these is democracy where you will be force to act and rule constitutionally.
you guys are desperate to see the downfall of dis great nation, you only hope for the worst. Well, at least we have a leader that is keen to fighting corruption and not encouraging it and God willing he shall succed. Keep watching

1 Like

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by BOBBYLET: 1:05am On Apr 13, 2015
anwo247:

Buhari does not have the intellectual capabilities to develop more than one(1) question:

1. -Are you Quarrraptt or not
2.- See my VP, Prof. Osubande grin

Election of buhari is a national set back...quote me in one year's time.
i laugh in 042 voice oo guy no kill me with laugh ooo!!.you no all this Nigerian politicians with grey hair have no ambition unlike the westernerns.i reasoned with the largest part of my brain and found out all these politicians with grey hairs have nothing to provide,just think of our Governors to know if the best infrastructure is being carried out from the old dudes in power.I don't think if Nigeria will ever be well developed without the youthful mentality.The age of Metusela has nothing to do with de wisdom of Solomon.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 13, 2015
Don4eva:
That woman made Nigerian economy to overtake SA's economy. Moreover, she is better than your mother so shut the f*k up

Iweala made kini? grin

Even if our country didnt have a finance minister, Nigeria's Economy was set to overtake SA. With our huge population & resources, it was inevitable.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by ChildofChukwu(m): 1:46am On Apr 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:
I don't understand?

How did he slam Aunty Ngozi?

Ngozi is the best finance minister Nigeria has ever had for the past 30 years.

Exactly! Still reading to see how he "slammed" her. Propaganda.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Babatundetinubu: 2:09am On Apr 13, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
ONCE A MUMU, always a MUMU! grin
So this na im priority?

ODE!!!

Give us Nigeria ELECTRICITY and WATER!

Old foooooool!!!!!! cheesy

Oya! Nigeria, begin chop CHANGE!!!!! grin
Granmama toto..... grin
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by t2luv1: 2:16am On Apr 13, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Thank God most of those oil bloc owners supported Jonathan openly. It will be easier to retrieve and nationalize those oil blocs in other to empower our stagnant economy.

No one on GMB side owns oil block right? Better ask Tinubu (Oando) before you make comments like that. I wish the new President well, and hope for the best. I wanted change, but while I trust, I will still like to verify. Trust is earn.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Nobody: 2:24am On Apr 13, 2015
Demburrows:
Declaring their assets before and after is a bold step to corruption curtailment, but oga president elect if you really want to proceed well on ur knew found position, adhere to what ever Iweala and ayim pius tells you, else you blindly set the country to self-destruct. . . word
lol.....is Ayim Pius and Iweala d Messiah of Nigeria
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by tit(f): 2:29am On Apr 13, 2015
Kingkamal:

Who. Talk about governors? I think you are the biggest fool. That takes a minister as a governor

you must be illiterate.
either you a Igbo trader
or a fulani malu follower.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 13, 2015
Positiveminds:
naira equal to a dollar.
so its nt possible abi?smh
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by LAX89(m): 2:54am On Apr 13, 2015
chymystique:
I like that asset declaration part.. Maybe there is still hope in having a transparent Govt in Nigeria afterall.

*observing*

Don't be naive, declaration of assets will not stop 'kwarrrruptio'. I can declare my assets, steal from the govt and hide it in a blind trust or with family members, then what! Buhari should start 'pighting kwarrrruptio' with tinubu and saraki, then remove the immunity clause for chief executives, then also institute assets declaration and push back security votes into an open budget. He should also openly disclose how much national assembly members are getting, and for what. These will be a good start. Also allocation of oil field/well should be by open bidding, and that should also be the case for all govt contracts. Reforming the judiciary should be his top priority, justice/prosecution should be swift and open, more prisons should be built as well. A law should be passed making a death sentence for govt officials who are guilty of kwarruptio, and execution should be by open, televised firing squad in the culprits village.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Nobody: 2:54am On Apr 13, 2015
Bollinger:

Being a retired Army General does not equate intelligence, especially in the Nigerian Army. Not saying he is not intelligent, but don't say because he is an Army General automatically make him Intelligent.
do u know wot it takes to b a General in d army
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by buchichukwu69: 4:13am On Apr 13, 2015
Daniyemi:
Pa Buhari, stop being mendacious.
We know you are not intellectually sound to pursue all these talks you keep talking.
IJustDeyLookYou.
Just the way you knew he won't win
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by kenoc: 6:13am On Apr 13, 2015
Our president-elect, I will advise you don't talk much again. Just wait till you assume officer I can see from your speeches that you meant well for the country, but do remember that you must work with people. All these people around you, I am afraid. All of them will be strategizing on how to design new ways of corrupt practice. Note that some of them are more intelligent than you (GMB). For this reason mind your speeches for now if not they may beat your plans. God help Nigeria
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by btoks: 6:20am On Apr 13, 2015
HARDDON:

Go read up history young blood.....

Is this the first time he is talking about corruption?

What happened to war against indiscipline n .....?

Why did Babangida chase him outa power?

At best, he wud end up wasting d lil ounch of fura-de-nono in his stale body fighting pseudo , lopesided corruption ghost that is even lining the fabrics of those he surrounds himself with already, leaving any development stride in d dust, b4 he realise, his tenure wud be over. Then Nigerians wud take to d streets again!

A chick that wud grw into a cock is spotted d first day it was hatched! With d bed he"s laid, all his talks are nan sense!

Well aged blood,I suspect you'll rather have the 'business as usual' snail pace so called development with the country mirred in corruption. The country voted to change this and at least GMB is taking a stand against it.He needs to be given a chance without the personal attacks.
Let's see what he does, then you can judge his actions.

"To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing" has been the case of Nigeria for too long - let's change tact, and I think we have started.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by jeweldoyex22(f): 6:32am On Apr 13, 2015
I pray God will help, direct and strengthen our president elect to drive Nigeria into his promise land. Amen

1 Like

Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Themandator: 6:44am On Apr 13, 2015
Demburrows:
Declaring their assets before and after is a bold step to corruption curtailment, but oga president elect if you really want to proceed well on ur knew found position, adhere to what ever Iweala and ayim pius tells you, else you blindly set the country to self-destruct. . . word

Assets declaration will never make a blunt in the fight against corruption... Persons with questionable wealth don't have such directly linked to them.... E. G IBB... Obasanjo investigated him through and through and still could not pin anything tangible to him.

His mansion, in Minna is a gift from his brother in law Odogwu and lives largely on gifts.

I am sure Buhari knows this and is only playing the music that some gullible Nigerians wants to hear... He ran PTF with consultants who made hauls of money. Do you think that if he needs money, any amount, he doesn't know the address of those young turks that are set to return come May?
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by Bollinger(m): 6:57am On Apr 13, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
do u know wot it takes to b a General in d army

Generally, yes, but in Nigeria, it is sometimes man-no-man and luck.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by reyin(m): 7:41am On Apr 13, 2015
This is Nigeria, anybody can declare his asset. Just the same strategy the election was won, same could be adopted to declare ones asset. Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by lordfredrick: 7:44am On Apr 13, 2015
Demburrows:

Why? Because they have done well so far or u r just too blind to see that they have failed
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by labamo07(m): 7:48am On Apr 13, 2015
thefakestan:

Kid is that all u got?
Who bought Tecno for you??

Foolish Minimum wage living bastard!!! Ask your Mum, she wish the Condom didnt break, she was too cheap she could only afford Gold circle, keep searching for ur father, your skin would have been more useful as slippers or leather shoes!
Quit highing on cheap drugs because it makes you sound so retarded. You belong to the planet of freakozoids. Go to the general hospital and tell them you are suffering from juvenile delinquency. That's an adverse effect of drugs on toddlers like you. Mummy is calling to to come and suck the remaining adulterated milk from her bosom.
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by mikolo80: 7:49am On Apr 13, 2015
tit:
this fool talks again!
How is he going to make governors declare assets apart from what is stipulated in the constitution?
Does he think he has power over the governors!
Have you ever heard of efcc or Code of conduct bureau and tribunal

do you realise that governors can be impeached by their houses

are you aware that Assemblymen and commissioners have no immunity

do the math
Re: Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets by mikolo80: 7:53am On Apr 13, 2015
mekaboy:

He knows the that awolowo did not borrow a single kobo to prosecute civil war,same for ajimobi in oyo state. Its called being prudent

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Men Who Can Stop Tinubu's 2023 Presidential Ambition From Fulfilment / Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. / Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.