Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,738 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:51 PM

How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future (17176 Views)

Corporals That Beat Their Superior In Lagos, Demoted / What Do You Tell Your Current Employer If You Want To Go For Interview Elsewhere / She Was Very Rude As My Superior In The Office But Now Tables Have Turned. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by woodboi(m): 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
I doubt if dis is possible, but peradventure something like this happens, he will still be my boss.... I'm just opportune to b in charge of the steering, but his opinion will always b the first before conclusion.
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by peteruuu(m): 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
I doubt if dis is possible, but peradventure something like this happens, he will still be my boss.... I'm just opportune to b in charge of the steering, but his opinion will always b the first before conclusion.

Mehn !

I don't even know how to say this hey! but I'll treat him as WELL AS I CAN... THIS MAN & HIS ENTIRE FAMILY IS JUST TOO NICE TO ME!!!!!!

God Bless my Boss oooo
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by Dannidom(m): 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
emmyrichie:
I will teach him that shouting, throwing insults and nagging will throw employees off balance... and that withholding employees' salary for months is an offense punishable by banishment from one's country.

It kills their zeal to contribute selflessly.

How these Bosses think sometimes make me wonder what kind of trouble or hardship they passed through that made them act so mean lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by maureeoy: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
i teach him not to be tribalistic among the team,
i teach him to love his team equally
i teach him to stop having evil plans towards his pple always insulting them that it is only salary they know how to collect.
i will teach him to carry eveybody alone instead of teaching 3 pple the work and looking at the others as if they dont know anything.
i teach him to stop insulting the staff
( if he was paying our slary he will be cuting it, thank God he is not our salary comes regualry)
a leader who can not carry his team along is not a leader. my boss is not a good leader.
he is like by onely 2 or 3 pple and this are the pple in his good books.
i cant wait for the day i will stand on my own.
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by hrykanu231(m): 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
I wil be so nice to him...Oga no get wahala
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by drake2(m): 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
I will remind him how he lied all the time in so many conferences I have attended with him about the "Principle of bottom to top Approach".

He has so lyingly (i refused to choose another word even if, it may not b correct) extolled this virtue admirably, publicly.

But in truth in the office, with his global scientific clout, My boss is a disaster.

First thing I do? I will tell him, shut up and hear me out please? lol.

If you work with Professors, be prepared!

Good luck!
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by johnwell(m): 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
imoh4king:
i will post him to one of the branch at a very remote area.
exactly one month after his transfer, I will suspend his salary till further notice but still assign more jobs to him.

old boy, this is badt. adiok, ado at a ibak
said Imoh!!!
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by itops(f): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
koligs:
Will make him work as an houseboy..
i will make him get me breakfast and lunch.
I will make him polish my shoes.
I will make him dust my table each day.
I will make him carry my bag to my car.
In short, if possible, I will make him frog-jump.

Fellow nairalanders, u need to see how wicked this man is... thinking of resigning self...

eeeeeeyyyyyaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!.... sorry.o
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by dabossman(m): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Even if I became his superior, maybe in finances or by running a bigger organisation, he would still be my boss. I won't employ him because I don't pray that his business would collapse. He's like a friend and a brother. In truth, we'd most likely be having some major business collaborations.
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by sniper77(m): 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
This is a simple task for me.I use all the principles involved in been a good leader when i relate with my surbodinates.As a team lead i relate with them freely and they see me more as a friend than a boss and we have all worked effectively as a team and achieved the organisations desired objectives.
No one knows what his or her surbodinate will be in the future.It is ideal we treat our surbodinates as human beings and respect them as well because this life is a cycle.Although our Lord says vengeance is mine,I do believe that baba God can be assisted once in a while.

If i have to consider what my colleagues,surbodinates and I have gone through from my line manager and the tables are turned i will simply sack him.I got no time for nonsense.
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
Dannidom:
How these Bosses think sometimes make me wonder what kind of trouble or hardship they passed through that made them act so mean lipsrsealed

I don't really blame them... it's the #Nigeria employment act that is to blame.
Most of these bosses re so wicked and heartless.
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:
I'm the boss of myself - I'll treat me geud! grin

Same thing here...I will put myself on discipline grin
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by iyisco2001(m): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
pinkycute:
Your personal signature got me cracking cheesy cheesy cheesy

That one cheesy, you go fear now. grin or na lie?
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by malonephill(m): 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
Oh well, this thread is actually for me.
My boss just threathen to sack me just now, if I any chance superior to him later in future.

I will deal with him to an extend
He would regret been an educated person, the guy go just dey do as if nah only him
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by vicsoj007(m): 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
my current is one in a million, if I am his superior, I will treat him like a king cus he is very nice to me
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by Kassidy90(m): 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
I won't increase his salary for 2years..tit for tat, aside that he is a cool guy
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by GoodcasHMan: 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
We will become a good friend
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by charles009(m): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
Looking at the responses elicited from this almost harmless question, makes me want to belive there is still a lot of work that needs to be done. A staggering number of nairalanders including myself have one or two issues with our bosses.

My boss is a plain tribalist. Refuses to approve of the talent inherent in me, rather he calls me incompetent.

I have started interviewing for other jobs and I believe the future is bright. ..

So unfortunate how many of us carry around an eroded self worth because we want to stay employed.

It is well

2 Likes

Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by subbieD(f): 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
Better Dan d way he/she treated me.....If e treat me bad, make conscience judge am!!!!! .....

1 Like

Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
I will flex him like mad because Na me be the boss
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by soonest(f): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
I will make the office unbearable for him. As in if i give him heat eeh, e go carry im hand resign

1 Like

Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by abexity04(m): 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
I treat him like he is my father because he took me like a son while I was working with him

1 Like

Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by babeface3: 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
The brief woman that dealt with me should wait for me after gulping some doses of weed grin
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by ebbyneza(m): 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
I will set up a meeting and make him watch the movie "Horrible Bosses"
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by rita25(f): 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
I GET HOW U FEEL BUT REMEMBER AN EYE FOR AN EYE WILL ONLY MAKE THE WORLD GO BLIND. MY BOSS IS TERRIBLE TOO
Dannidom:
Yea that's nice of you. But I tell you, some people are devil incarnate, in that, which ever way you treat them wont change a thing in their mindset

Shaking my head for my boss
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by razqoz: 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thr'll still be an element of respect @least 4 being a boss in d past, irrespective of hweva way he presently treats me... *Razqoz*
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by Taiye4Christ(m): 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
CrazyMan:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

How about three? grin

1 Like

Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by ugwuishi(m): 5:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
my current boss? Na correct pastor! Old man. But for his son and daughter wey dey make us staff suffer, na bathroom attendants dem go be.

1 Like

Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by Daddi: 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
iyisco2001:

you go fear na
bros, this ur siggy seems you are talking from experience
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
Super! She is so kind to me. She is super o and knows her onions...very correct lady!
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by todayguest(m): 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
kponkedenge:

Front page o

I wuld reduce his salary by 80% den still owe him the remaining 20% for 6 months.
wicked!
Re: How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future by todayguest(m): 5:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
Extend a hand of fellowship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Incredible Ways To Handle A Bad Boss At Work Without Getting Burned / Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? / To go or stay in naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.