Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare (27790 Views)

Aisha Buhari Didn't See Buhari In London; Cabal Forged Buhari's Signature - SR / President Buhari Didn't Die In London, He's Alive – Garba Shehu Reacts To Rumour / Why Buhari Didn't Make Me Attorney-General - Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by Pavarottii(m): 8:50am On Apr 14, 2015
brownlord:
These media houses should respect themselves, If they continue like this I sense that dreaded DECREE 4 in no distant time
Decree 4 ko, Decree 4million ni, wait and see how this man buhari will ba bashed, and my brother nothing will happen, its DEMOCRACY, we enjoyed during GEJ tenure, now its going to be even more! Its like u don't know Nigerians, they will just give him like 1year, if no sign of change, u sef will be surprised the things u will be hearing on public TV, radio and social network.
No one has been insulted like GEJ in the history of Nigeria, and he didn't jail anyone or ban any media, so buhari's own will be X2!
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by Yasher: 8:51am On Apr 14, 2015
I hope lai Mohd becomes the next Presidential spokesman or even ssg
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by millionaireman: 8:52am On Apr 14, 2015
luvmijeje:
PDP propangada machine has less than 40 days to shine.......... They should shine, na their time.

PDP propaganda machine never existed during the last presidential election campaign.

In fact, nearly every body in PDP during the presidential election campaign was inactivated except Fayose and FFK .
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by Nazeeboy(m): 9:30am On Apr 14, 2015
imsuboi:
aaa fee ceee! Change grin

Nigerians are in for a tenure filled with lies, propaganda and more lies.

By the time that illiterate and his crew are done with this country we'd be the laughing stock of the whole international community.

Sit back, relax, enjoy.

The circus just came to town wink
I pitty ur life. U need medical attention (psychiatric).
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by DeRay98(m): 9:33am On Apr 14, 2015
Who was the original source of the information? If APC didn't make the announcement in an official press release, why castigate them...haters will always find excuses to hate even it doesn't exist
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by Bawss1(m): 9:35am On Apr 14, 2015
brownlord:
These media houses should respect themselves, If they continue like this I sense that dreaded DECREE 4 in no distant time

Are you by any means silently praying for a return to dictatorship in Nigeria? Hmmm
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by mikolo80: 9:41am On Apr 14, 2015
imsuboi:

By the time that illiterate and his crew are done with this country we'd be the laughing stock of the whole international community.

Sit back, relax, enjoy.

The way lagos is the "laughing stock" of the world ba
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:57am On Apr 14, 2015
imsuboi:

Sit back, relax, enjoy.

My gee ya head de dia!!
Spread mat waiting for Basira to pass ma doormot make I buy groundnut to watch janjaweeed seasons!!
APC na coded Jihad n Sharia !!
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by assu2013(m): 10:55am On Apr 14, 2015
Skillbobralph:
APC and Lies are like bread and butter. una never start, confusion everywhere
Read again both of them are not aware of it,so how does APC lie?
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by Demmzy15(m): 11:36am On Apr 14, 2015
ZKOSOSO:

My gee ya head de dia!!
Spread mat waiting for Basira to pass ma doormot make I buy groundnut to watch janjaweeed seasons!!
APC na coded Jihad n Sharia !!
*gives him a dirty slap*

Mehn, won ti sape fun e o(you're cursed). I fit sponsor you go yaba left!
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by Peejayybold(f): 11:52am On Apr 14, 2015
This is getting interesting.

Meanwhile, etisalat and mtn data bundle is available. 1gb for as low as 1200. Call WhatsApp 07030127562. Bb pin 2b3d67ed
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by rebranded(m): 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
PDP already showing the confusion they will want to throw the Country

Instead of them taking time off to restructure their party
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by aburordue(m): 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2015
grin
san316:
Guess it is some crazy bloggers or media houses that brought this up. Foolish PDPiggs.
>OR-TIV grin
san316:
Guess it is some crazy bloggers or media houses that brought this up. Foolish PDPiggs.
>OR-TIV
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by Emmaowolabia(m): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
Why is it that some people are yet to understand what is called policy? Certain statement are not to be publicly affirmed until it is officially announced by the right body. More so, the two respondents to the question only tried to avoid making a concrete statement. besides, they are just getting use to answering questions politically. Just watch d list wen it eventually come out.
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by akumada1: 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
If u dnt know den me i knw dat apc is nt d messiah naija is waitin for.
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by ITGOLD(m): 3:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
Transition C’ttee: Buhari Insistson Credible Persons as Bakare Heads Screening
Some panel members likely to be elevated to ministerial posts
President-elect assures defectors of justice in APC
Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja
President-elect Muhammadu Buhari at the weekend said only credible, patriotic and knowledgeable Nigerians would make up the transition committee, as part of the first steps to chart an entirely new path for the country.
Screening of members of the transition committee, which will meet with a similar committee from the presidency on the handover from the Goodluck Jonathan administrationto the incoming Buhari-led government,
THISDAY learnt, is being handled by, among others, Pastor Tunde Bakare, who was Buhari’s running mate in the 2011 presidential election.
After the screening process, Buhari, it was also gathered, would personally interview each of the members of the committee, as there is the major likelihood thata few of them would be elevated to ministerial postsin his federal cabinet when he takes over as president.
Buhari also assured members of the other political parties, who have been defecting to the All Progressives Congress (APC) of justice in the party, regardless of the misgivingsabouttheir former parties.
Speaking with reporters at his country home in Daura, Katsina State, shortlyafter casting his ballot in the governorshipand House of Assembly elections, Buhari said Nigeria’s problem has been one of lack of accountability and a terrible budgetary system, which has resulted in the death of institutions.
Buhari, who is averse to an unduly large transition committee to prevent members from capitalisingon it to influence the choice of ministers either for themselves or those they want to be ministers, maintained that round pegs would be putin round holes.
“My hope as well as my idea is to get knowledgeable and experienced technocrats thatare really patriotic to studythe handover notes by ministries and make recommendations.
“I want them to be completely detached people who are patriotic Nigerians, who are knowledgeable and experienced.
“If we get majority of politicians involved, it will lead to rows and we may end up with inconclusive recommendations, which are not very helpful in our condition.
“When I get it ready and before it is published,I will show it to the leadership of my party and the terms of reference, as well as the time limit and the result of their work.
“We will quickly studythe recommendations before the inaugurationso thatbefore we are swornin, we get into action,” he said.
On the state of the nation, Buhari said: “Itis a difficult time for Nigerians as you all know. I have said it in the pastthatin the last 16 years, Nigeria has never realised the amount of revenue it received. A barrel of crude oil rose to about$140 and has crashed to about $50 now.
“During the 16 years, we knew some big companies thatemployed a lot of Nigerians and gave them training facilities like the Nigeria Airways and the Nigeria Shipping Line.
“Even the Nigerian Railways is managing to be on paper with some refurbished engines moving from Lagos to Ibadan and a few other places. But if you go to their stationsall over the country, you will realise thatthey are in a terrible shape.
“The importantthingin a country with a huge populationof youths, with more than 60 per cent of them under the age of 30 who are unemployed, is thatyou need these institutionsto give jobs and training to Nigerians.
“Itis very disappointingthatthe PDP government virtually failed to use those resources to make sure thatthe economy continues to grow in a sustainableway.
“I think the worst thingis the lack of accountability and the terrible budgetary system. Imagine thatover 90 per cent of Nigeria’s budget is spent on recurrent spending.
“Howcan you sustaindevelopment in a developing country like Nigeria with only about10 per cent of your income going to capital spending? Thingsjusthave to change.”
On the gale of defections in the aftermath of the presidential election, Buhari said: “I think thatthisis mainly a questionmeant for the party. I wish Chief JohnOyegun was here to answer you, because we have a system.
“Justbecause I was the presidential candidate and now president-elect, I don’t think thatthe system has allowed me to usurpthe power of the party executives.
“Butcertainly, in a multi-party democratic system, fundamentally, it is the number that matters for the people. But for the party, what matters is the ability to manage the number so thatthe majority will have its way, so that there will be justice.
“No matter what the remnants from the PDP by May 29, I assure you or I assure them throughyou thatthere will be justice in APC.”
Addressingsome of the issues thatattended the outcome of the justconcluded governorshipand House of Assembly elections, Buhari specifically complained abouta few unsavourydevelopments in some parts of the country like in Rivers State but asked thatthe Independent NationalElectoral Commission (INEC) be allowed to give its comprehensive report first.
“I personally want to be legal aboutthisso thatpeople will appreciate thatwe believe in a system. What we need to do is to modify the system according to the law if we don't like it, and thatno one should come outand do to the system whatever he likes. I have a lot of respect for the governor of Rivers State (Chibuike Amaechi) for his courage.
“Ithas been a long time and as you all know, at a certain time, the former Commissioner of Police virtually hijacked the state and the governor was virtually sentenced to the streets fighting thugs without law enforcement agents to survive as a governor, while the constitutionmade it very clear to all of us thatthe governor is the chief security officer of the state.
“So a lot of unconstitutionaland lawless acts of the PDP are on record and we intend to make the PDP understandit and make sure thataccording to law, those who are responsible for thatare taken to the courts and properly charged.
“We are in thissystem because we believe in it and we want it to be stabilised because it is better for our country,” he said.
Re: Buhari Didn't Appoint Me To Head Transition Committee - Bakare by Orikinla(m): 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
Skillbobralph:
APC and Lies are like bread and butter. una never start, confusion everywhere

[size=28pt]Did GMB and APC mention his name?[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eyitayo Jegede Arrives His Polling Unit To Cast His Vote(pics) / Army Launches "Exercise Python Dance" For South-East / kaduna Urban Renewal hits southern parts(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.