Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,077 members, 7,957,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:13 AM

President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President (47602 Views)

Buhari Should Make Jonathan’s Mistakes, Says Omokri / 5 Jonathan’s Mistakes Buhari Has Repeated / I Would Have Remained In PDP, If I Knew My Deputy Would Betray Me--gov. Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by ATM606: 5:37am On Apr 15, 2015
Nobody is perfect whn it come to issues.....
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by oluamid(m): 7:04am On Apr 15, 2015
hardbody:

I align myself with your position. I have no love for either the former or the present president but if buhari had said he was going to make Nigeria ungovernable and he lived up to his threat thus unsettling the incumbent for as many years as he was in power i think we should all wait for that lady called nemesis. America hyped security and BH now they are claiming Buhari may not be able to clean the system up. My joy is Goodluck disappointed them all by not creating a theatre of blood as they predicted so that tbey will come and sell their war armaments and steal what is left of our oil. History will later judge Goodluck favourably.

America don't need your oil, as a matter of fact, they don't buy from Nigeria anymore.
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by oluamid(m): 7:09am On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I didn't read all you wrote after the first few lines showed you as a natural hater of Jonathan...

Just two points for you to note;

1)Christians and Moslems has NEVER been friends in Nigeria...

2)Hausa and Igbo has NEVER been friends in Nigeria...

Continue with your other lies and propaganda....thanks

I'll have you know there are Christians and Muslims in my family. Do we hate each other? CAPITAL NO!
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by mindtricks: 7:37am On Apr 15, 2015
Now history! We watch and wait for what it's going to turn out to be with the general the next 4 years! Pray the people's hopes are not dashed.
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:44am On Apr 15, 2015
oluamid:

I'll have you know there are Christians and Muslims in my family. Do we hate each other? CAPITAL NO!

So why are you sheepishly saying that Jonathan turned Muslims against Christians

BTW northern Moslems are no friends to Christians since time immemorial....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by oluamid(m): 8:08am On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

So why are you sheepishly saying that Jonathan turned Muslims against Christians

BTW northern Moslems are no friends to Christians since time immemorial....

I didn't say that anywhere, did I?

However my question to you is: have you lived in the North? There are Northern Christians too but have you heard of a time pre-boko Haram that the Muslims there took up arms against their Christian brothers?

The Northern crisis is more ethnic than religion.
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:40am On Apr 15, 2015
oluamid:

However my question to you is: have you lived in the North? There are Northern Christians too but have you heard of a time pre-boko Haram that the Muslims there took up arms against their Christian brothers?

Bros, try some history books and come back for more discussion... thanks

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by oluamid(m): 8:48am On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bros, try some history books and come back for more discussion... thanks

Why read history when I have lived and experienced what I am talking about?

It is you who needs to stop listening to hearsay and actually go and witness the North for yourself. Can the North be violent? Yes. What is the major cause? Ethnicity and the "fear of domination" by other tribes.

That is the truth right there. Not many people will tell you as they prefer to dramatize it and play the religious card. Tell that however to the many people who were killed just after observing the Friday Juma'at prayers with their killers.
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:01am On Apr 15, 2015
oluamid:

It is you who needs to stop listening to hearsay and actually go and witness the North for yourself. Can the North be violent? Yes. What is the major cause? Ethnicity and the "fear of domination" by other tribes.

That is the truth right there. Not many people will tell you as they prefer to dramatize it and play the religious card. Tell that however to the many people who were killed just after observing the Friday Juma'at prayers with their killers.

Mange this for your breakfast bro...

http://hausanigerian..in/2011/04/are-hausanortherners-more-violent-than.html?m=1
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:05am On Apr 15, 2015
oluamid:

Oh kindly add as an additive plz tongue

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_violence_in_Nigeria
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by nortcentrallord(m): 9:06am On Apr 15, 2015
olamilian:
Too long

Typical black. " if you want to hide anything from most blacks, write it in a book". undecided

Wonderful analysis OP.
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by oluamid(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Mange this for your breakfast bro...

http://hausanigerian..in/2011/04/are-hausanortherners-more-violent-than.html?m=1

I am giving you my personal experience and you are giving me a bloody blog link.

I can see this is a hopeless argument. Have a good one.
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 15, 2015
His kingsmen
Instead of them to canvass for support for the President they resorted to issueing threats to the nation if their 'son' is not re-elected.

The media wing of his campaign organisation
Spend so much resources on decampaigning the opposition that they forgot to sell his transformation agenda to the people.
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:19am On Apr 15, 2015
oluamid:

I am giving you my personal experience and you are giving me a bloody blog link.

I can see this is a hopeless argument. Have a good one.

I don't argue on sentiments bro rather I prefer facts to beer parlour gists...thanks

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/30/nigeria-christians-muslims-fighting
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by francizy(m): 9:41am On Apr 15, 2015
oluamid:

The bolded happened over a thousand times even before boko haram came into existence. You ain't the only own who has lived in the north bro. The reason my mum left her business in Kano and ran to Lagos as at 1991 or thereabout was because of crises. When a Danish man drew cartoon to mock Islam all the way in Denmark, a white man for that matter, didn't Muslims take up arms against Christians in Nigeria here? Mind you, BH hasn't existed back then..

Seems you don't know that Muslim dominated Northern Kaduna has always battled Christian dominated Southern Kaduna from long ago?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by EagleEyes001(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2015
Is easy for u to say na, y don't u go n bcom president den u befriend who u wan to befriend n crush who no gree fr u. Jonathan was a democrat he is a cilivian like d simple person walking on d streets of Naija. He kept to that n u call him weak. He sacrifice his ambition jus fr peace to reign.
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by oluamid(m): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2015
francizy:

The bolded happened over a thousand times even before boko haram came into existence. You ain't the only own who has lived in the north bro. The reason my mum left her business in Kano and ran to Lagos as at 1991 or thereabout was because of crises. When a Danish man drew cartoon to mock Islam all the way in Denmark, a white man for that matter, didn't Muslims take up arms against Christians in Nigeria here? Mind you, BH hasn't existed back then..

Seems you don't know that Muslim dominated Northern Kaduna has always battled Christian dominated Southern Kaduna from long ago?

You still haven't addressed my question. I was actually living in Kano during the Danish cartoon ish and I witnessed what happened. I'm not saying there was no violence, my point is the violent is 'ethnitically' motivated as against the popular saying here in the South that it is Muslims targeting Christians (Mind you, I'm not a Muslim).

I know for a fact that most crisis in the North are started as a reprisal to perceived insults on the dominant religion in the region (Islam) anywhere in the world. However, when you look at the victims of such violence you will see that they cut across religious divides. Most times (if not everytime), the victims are non-hausas irrespective of their religion. Your being a Muslim does not matter as long as you are not hausa, your life is endangered.

Most of the Hausa Christians are however immune to the violence. They are the ones who usually help people escape the violence unleashed by their brethren. I have even seen an Hausa Christian kill people in one of the crisis.

My point is, though the excuses given for the violence are religious, the real reasons are very far from that. Take Boko Haram for instance, are they killing only christians even though they say they wish to create a sharia state?
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by enlady(f): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2015
oluamid:

You still haven't addressed my question. I was actually living in Kano during the Danish cartoon ish and I witnessed what happened. I'm not saying there was no violence, my point is the violent is 'ethnitically' motivated as against the popular saying here in the South that it is Muslims targeting Christians (Mind you, I'm not a Muslim).

I know for a fact that most crisis in the North are started as a reprisal to perceived insults on the dominant religion in the region (Islam) anywhere in the world. However, when you look at the victims of such violence you will see that they cut across religious divides. Most times (if not everytime), the victims are non-hausas irrespective of their religion. Your being a Muslim does not matter as long as you are not hausa, your life is endangered.

Most of the Hausa Christians are however immune to the violence. They are the ones who usually help people escape the violence unleashed by their brethren. I have even seen an Hausa Christian kill people in one of the crisis.

My point is, though the excuses given for the violence are religious, the real reasons are very far from that. Take Boko Haram for instance, are they killing only christians even though they say they wish to create a sharia state?
The bolded tells me you don't know a dot about the numerous killings of indigeneous christian northerners. Just keep quiet. Argue about what you know. Its painful to see someone write such ignorant nonsense!
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by oluamid(m): 11:22am On Apr 15, 2015
enlady:
The bolded tells me you don't know a dot about the numerous killings of indigeneous christian northerners. Just keep quiet. Argue about what you know. Its painful to see someone write such ignorant nonsense!

Usually, when someone at the opposite side of the argument resort to abuse it is not because they have a superior argument, it is usually because they have nothing else to say.

If you noticed, I said MOST not ALL.

I'll leave it at that.
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by Curlieweed: 11:35am On Apr 15, 2015
olalat:

U
You people should reason beyond bigotry now.was it only his tribalmen that made him President in 2011? The man goofed so much by sidelining the southwest region. He was too soft on taken critical decisions. The outburst of people like pa Edwin clerk and asari dokubo did a lot of damage to his image. The man just lack leadership trait sha. My personal opinion.

Next time you want to post some "opinions" you overhead in your favourite beer parlour, stop using big words you clearly don't understand. What is "bigoted" about my comment?
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by francizy(m): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
oluamid:

I get your point now although I will have to disagree to the bolded because the Hausa/Fulani Christian is more in danger of being killed than any other Nigerian.

I think it's more of Ethnic than religious because Muslims are not safe there unless they are Hausa/Fulani too or at least know how to speak. The people over there that live hoping to die any day/anytime, whether there is crises or not, are the converts. If you are Hausa/Fulani and want to convert, the best thing for you is to leave the north, else you are a gonna. I wish Hausa/Fulani people see life and religion the way Yoruba people see it and are less violent. If that was the case, we wouldn't have had excessive bloodshed in this country.

Now, my people don't want to ever hear that their child or relation converted to Islam but they will not go to the extent of killing that person. They can only disown him/her. Although not good enough in terms of the preaching that we all cohabbit and intermarry, but it's still better than killing that person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by Yeboah10(m): 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
This post reminds me of the 'The Prince' by Nicholo Machiavelli.

Every student of politics needs that book.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
MrNiceGuy5:

Why did the southwest vote for a northerner? Was it not because he (GEJ)marginalised the southwest which the op has already stated in his article.

marginalized the southwest ? If that is true, Den GEJ marginalized the SE as well. well we still voted for him
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 16, 2015
MrNiceGuy5:

Why did the southwest vote for a northerner? Was it not because he (GEJ)marginalised the southwest which the op has already stated in his article.

I totally forgot, many southwesterns r Muslims, + Yoruba voted personal interests ...Osinabajo...

They may hope buhari will die as his football age is 73 years old ...

Sabo
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by MrsChima(f): 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
kokoye:

Reason why a lot of people can never be smart: put good ideas in a book.

oko mi!
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by MrsChima(f): 12:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
jaybee3:
How can he be a good man but yet eat and dine with the stained?
That's a very dangerous man IMO!

Many clean people comingles with dirty people. It is a way of the world.

Oyelewo.
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by kokoye(m): 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
MrsChima:

oko mi!

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

how are you?
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by MrsChima(f): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
kokoye:

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

how are you?

Good...had another pikin.

Good luck was trying ooo
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by kokoye(m): 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
MrsChima:

Good...had another pikin.

Good luck was trying ooo

LOL

wow..nice...send me picture now..abeg
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
thefakestan:
Taking notes ,I must admit some valid points were made esp. The "mafian" style approach to the media, but one thing is for sure if he was from the North even with all this he would have gotten enough block votes but unfortunately he's a minority and needed to play ball, upon all what he did for the North, they never saw him as their own and never appreciated him, something he should have reliased and ignored them rather than pampering them, while they were working against him.

Imagine VP- Sambo - North
Senate President - North
Speaker HOR. North.

Shyooo!!! What more do you want!
he did absolutely nothing for us other than presiding over the killing of thousands by the murderous boko haram sect not to mention loosing 14 local governments to them. All these and many more under his watch and you tell us to vote him in again? We dont smoke that brand of weed up here o
Re: President Jonathan's Mistakes And How He Could Have Remained President by MrsChima(f): 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
kokoye:

LOL

wow..nice...send me picture now..abeg

You went home yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oba Elegushi Fixes Oro Ritual On Election Day / Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs / Wike Orders Task Force To Destroy 500 Impounded Commercial Motorcycles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.