Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage (3582 Views)

13 Very Important Things Every Guy Observes In A Girl!!! / Don’t Have Sex With Him Till You Consider These 3 Important Things / 21 Embarrassing Things That Happen To Girls With Big Boobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage by Mariojane(f): 3:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
1 LOVE AND COMMITMENT
love is a decision to be committed to another person.
feelings come and go, but a true decision to be committed lasts forever.

2 S3XUAL FAITHFULNESS
sexual faithfulness in marriage includes more than just our bodies. It includes our heart, mind and soul.
guard your sexuality daily and devote it entirely to your spouse and no one else.

3 HUMILITY
An essentially building block of a healthy marriage is the ability to admit that you are not perfect, that u make mistakes and that you will need forgiveness.

4 PATIENCE AND FORGIVENESS
Because no one is perfect, patience and forgiveness will always be required in a marriage relationship.
i personally think patience/forgiveness is the most important for a healthy marriage.

5 TIME
No relationship would work without time investment.
Any successful marriage/relationship requires intentional, quality time. Relationship with your spouse should be the most intimate and deep relationship you have so it requires more time than any other relationship.

6 HONESTY AND TRUST
honesty and trust becomes the foundation for everything healthy in a marriage. But unlike most essentials on the list trust takes time. it may take a month, a year, of being who you say you are and doing what you say you’ll do. it takes time so start now cheesy

7 COMMUNICATION
Successful partners communicate as much as possible.
They communicate hopes, dreams, fears and anxiety. And certainly kids, groceries, cheesy schedules and utility bills. communication cannot be overlooked because it’s an essential key to the foundation of so many things on the list.

8 SELFLESSNESS
More marriages are broken up by selfishness than any other reason. We all blame it on finances, lack of commitment and infidelity but selflessness is the root cause of broken homes. A selfish person is committed only to himself/herself and shows little patience on how to be a successful spouse.

Re: 8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
Nice one op....

I would also add "TOLERANCE" as a prerequisite for sustenance of marriages and relationships
Re: 8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage by agarawu23(m): 3:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
in conclusion MONEY.
Re: 8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage by agarawu23(m): 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
missclasssy:
Nice one op smiley

I would also add "Tolerance"
alws taking my placeundecided
Re: 8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage by Mariojane(f): 3:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
missclasssy:
Nice one op....

I would also add "Tolerance" as a prerequisite for sustenance of marriages and relationships
tanks. i think patience take the place of tolerance

agarawu23:
alws taking my placeundecided
lolz
Re: 8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage by Rexhenrex(m): 3:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
.endurance should be there,most people now our days dy dont wanna face hardship,yes no one wanna suffer in life its not a bad thing to want ur husband to be rich,but always remember,that a stronger storm makes a good mariner.

gold is just a chunk of dirty when its is minned. but after it passes throug a funance, then u see its true beauty...so therefore, marriage is a journey where if u dont have endurance, u will fall off easily.little wonders why divorce rates are high this days. If u have enduarance and trust in God,he will maketh ways where there seems to be no way.
Re: 8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
Mariojane:
tanks. i think patience take the place of tolerance

No, patience does not take the place of tolerance in a relationship.
They are two different concepts.....
Re: 8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage by Mariojane(f): 3:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
missclasssy:

No, patience does not take the place of tolerance in a relationship.
They are two different concepts.....

it takes patience to tolerate. if you are not patience you find it difficult to tolerate
Re: 8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage by Mariopgomery(m): 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2015
unfortunately these qualities are lacking in majority of our men and women of today
Re: 8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage by Princess4eva(f): 11:48pm On Apr 14, 2015
These qualities as listed by the op are essential ingredients for a successful marriage, many times love alone is not enough.

How do u sustain love without commitment? How far can love travel without money? Without patience how do u tolerate the imperfections of ur spouse. Many times when my hubby is acting the goat, I switch to sheep mode. I want to opine that an understanding of urselves too will help keep both partners within boundaries.

Marriage is a big deal that needs a lot of investments -time, finances, emotions. Everything u've got.

God bless our marriages.

(1) (Reply)

I Am 22 And Not In A Serious Relationship / When U Tell A Female Romancelander U Just Met Dat U Are Lalasticlala / Slovakian Bride Wears Over 70M Naira Wedding Gown(£175k).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.