Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) (37037 Views)

South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Nine Types Of People You Meet In A Political Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
joeyfire:

Its not about uniting against the govt its about forming a democratic and lawful front for mutual benefit. Or would u rather we abandoned our dreams and aspirations of a propsperous east just to appear patriotic?

Do you think I want a scenario where my grandkids ask me why the east is not developed and we have to live in Abuja or Lagos to enjoy the best of FG infrastructure? The mistake our fathers made was costly enough
Then consider yourself a southerner or easterner. We don't have to unite to achieve that. We just have to work hard so our voices can be heard. I can't remember the SW uniting with any other region to achieve all they did.

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
PassingShot:

You're not worth my precious time really.

PDP was in control of at least 16 states of the NW/NE/NC at a point and you say they never had there as their stronghold!

You don't know what time is, now park well and stop misrepresenting facts.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 3:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
bayulll01:

U think so,I know this people av been with them,I lived there,they voted for pdp simply because its still one nigeria,take nigeria out of this and see how this tribe will finish themselves,I pray you people realise what you are praying for

Take Nigeria from Nigeria and worst things will happen. Delta state is more peaceful, successful and developed than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
kestolove95:
igbos are not lazy but dix nigaars hia are damn lazy..pls brother open shop for dem let dem stop being like d abokis

I hope you send those Igbos who are indegens of Niger-Delta packing right? Or probably we cut those areas of Niger Delta inhabited by Igbos and leave you with your oil eh?

Stop making a big deal out of your oil bro. You can only threaten lazy people with "the our oil song". What you must know is that Nigeria is a win for us and Biafra is also a win for us whether SS is inclusive or not.

4 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Strongfaze(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
The SS cannot be part of the Equation anymore. Because they will still be the minority in your *barcanista* proposals and they know it. You want to unite when Evans Enwerem was removed by late Okadigbo, when Abia state can sack all the civil servants of IMO origin from its work force? Even MASSOB is presently divided..... The list is endless. Sorry, Your Abracadabra will not work @ OP.

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Remarkable: 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
kestolove95:
oshinama dats wat igbos are..and if u dnt know d meaning go and ask an ikwerre man..

Stop lieing... Its your father's name, you told us its your father's name and now you want to lie and change it because you are ashamed of your father? Why? Why are you ashamed?

(it should be the other way round... father being ashamed of his child making jest of self online... )

and where is the post you were supposed to make where you are to make no-sense?; better hurry before I leave this thread and no one else will pay you attention you are craving...

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
francizy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wetin u wan use do the etilogwu dance? That ya crayon prick? grin grin

Softysparky dearie, no mind this guy oh.. I'm no sabi anything oh.. Na two mins noodles him be... grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Which two minutes noodles tongue

I can stay there for as long as it will take buhari to trek from daura to lion of bourdillion house in Lagos tongue

Maybe a trial will convince softsparky grin
let her give me date and venue cool
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
barcanista:
The issue of "they want our oil" is a ploy to maintain status quo. The Niger Deltans are now realising.

So so true. But some people are still blinded by that shittt.

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by ChikezieU(m): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
joeyfire:
If SE/SS no get sense fast we will have ourselves to blame. APC will not give us a second glance when it comes to developing our regions. The SW, NW and NE will demand settlement for putting Buhari in power and let us consider that oil revenue is not what it used to be. We were marginalised during oil boom how much more now.

Resource control is a must and now!
starting with the issue of Senate presidential slot, it must be given to the south since they have Presidency and Vice otherwise it will now be daylight robbry and certianly the fine line fr conclusion that SS/SE is nt part of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
@ barcanista

ALL ROOMS for SS/SE are allowed. But the funny picture about your campaign that you have failed to factor in the bigger picture by thinking deep about the interest of other SS tribes about this idea of your. The most hilarious of all is thinking the already volatile SS states of Delta and Rivers will not think twice before kicking your campaign into the gutter. However, I hail EUROBOMBER's vision for tactically excluding Edo state out of your discussion.

READ THIS AND TAKE IT WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT,

[b]- A partlySS /SE gang up can only succeed in fighting for an impossible secession, but i bet it will never even near mounting any successful challenge to APC talk less shaking up the confidence of APC.

- Take it or leave, your thread is only borne out of a temporary political grudge against APC, the general perception of majority South-Southerners as regards a SS/SE partnership says otherwise.

- If you want to test how viable your idea is, leave the SW and go preach your gospel in the SS and pray tell what responses you will get. Trying to form an 'already-malicious' SS/SE is nothing but action film in the SW. Go to the creeks in the south and the hills in the east to achieve that first.

-Itsekiris in Delta are South-southerners like you. Go preach your gospel to them first. Why not try from there as a starting point. At least that one will expose how united you people are in the SS. Please endeavor to do so to the Ikwerres in Rivers after your Otuoke champion has ceeded their oil wells to Bayelsa. These are ways of measuring your sucessess.

Unless you all leave Yorubaland to kick off your campaign, no offence meant, all i see are people acting invisible scripts. These also applies to you Easterners in all Yoruba lands.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
francizy:

So so true. But some people are still blinded by that shittt.

March 28th cured whatever blindness, people had. It is not about oil anymore, wait and see the representation coming from the SS in the 8th National assembly.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Which two minutes noodles tongue

I can stay there for as long as it will take buhari to trek from daura to lion of bourdillion house in Lagos tongue

Maybe a trial will convince softsparky grin
let her give me date and venue cool

Softy nwa, inugo nu ya.. Ngwa, kedu ife iwere itinye na okwu a?
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by joeyfire(m): 3:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rennee:

Then consider yourself a southerner or easterner. We don't have to unite to achieve that. We just have to work hard so our voices can be heard. I can't remember the SW uniting with any other region to achieve all they did.

We are saying the same thing. The SW has been in opposition since Obj left office and it wasn't considered enemy action so why should an awakened conciousness of the old east be a problem my sister?
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 3:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
[s]
StBlack1:
@ barcanista

ALL ROOMS for SS/SE are allowed. But the funny picture about your campaign that you have failed to factor in the bigger picture by thinking deep about the interest of other SS tribes about this idea of your. The most hilarious of all is thinking the already volatile SS states of Delta and Rivers will not think twice before kicking your campaign into the gutter. However, I hail EUROBOMBER's vision for tactically excluding Edo state out of your discussion.

READ THIS AND TAKE IT WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT,

[b]- A partlySS /SE gang up can only succeed in fighting for an impossible secession, but i bet it will never even near mounting any successful challenge to APC talk less shaking up the confidence of APC.

- Take it or leave, your thread is only borne out of a temporary political grudge against APC, the general perception of majority South-Southerners as regards a SS/SE partnership says otherwise.

- If you want to test how viable your idea is, leave the SW and go preach your gospel in the SS and pray tell what responses you will get. Trying to form an 'already-malicious' SS/SE is nothing but action film in the SW. Go to the creeks in the south and the hills in the east to achieve that first.

-Itsekiris in Delta are South-southerners like you. Go preach your gospel to them first. Why not try from there as a starting point. At least that one will expose how united you people are in the SS. Please endeavor to do so to the Ikwerres in Rivers after your Otuoke champion has ceeded their oil wells to Bayelsa. These are ways of measuring your sucessess.

Unless you all leave Yorubaland to kick off your campaign, no offence meant, all i see are people acting invisible scripts. These also applies to you Easterners in all Yoruba lands.[/b]
[/s]

People leave comments like this alone. They are playing the usual games, we have gone past this pretentiousness.

5 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
Strongfaze:
The SS cannot be part of the Equation anymore. Because they will still be the minority in your *barcanista* proposals and they know it. You want to unite when Evans Enwerem was removed by late Okadigbo, when Abia state can sack all the civil servants of IMO origin from its work force? Even MASSOB is presently divided..... The list is endless. Sorry, Your Abracadabra will not work @ OP.
Gbam!!

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Aegon(m): 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

Join the region to what end exactly? Intra region trading or what? If its about politics then its very vile and devilish. Pitching people against others.
I've been following you from page 1 and I'm sorry to say that you have an unfortunate penchant for talking anti Igbo rubbish. Whether you do this in order to gain acceptance from your paymasters or you have a deep seated insecurity complex at being Igbo ( I doubt that) but whatever the case you have certainly attracted attention to yourself. EFULEFU.

3 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
kestolove95:
u d only one dat have said something reasonable...d rest are pain Cox dey are dat lazy igbos dat are eyeing d oil so my comments hurt dem die...

Oil isn't the bone of contention here bro...
BTW there's oil in Imo, Abia and Anambra...
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
joeyfire:

We are saying the same thing. The SW has been in opposition since Obj left office and it wasn't considered enemy action so why should an awakened conciousness of the old east be a problem my sister?
Its not a problem at all. It just wouldn't work.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Rose2014: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
francizy:

I tell you. The Igbos live and die in business. Had it not been for the entrepreneurial mind God gave the Igbos, I bet you that we would have wasted in this country long time ago..

Sometimes it takes a tortured mind to develop an entrepreneurial spirit. A country with millions of jobs will leave people jumping from one job to another. But a country with problem of unemployment will have hundreds of thousands of youths thinking of how to set up their business empires.

There are several countries without oil but they are surviving..
No offense intended but Nigerians will begging for visa to travel to any country formed unitedly by easterners.

If you look at the Igbos in Nigeria, they re not even surviving on Nigeria oil yet successful in their businesses.

If such merger ever happens, SS can keep their oil but let Igbos a have conducive business environment. And watch that region turn to Dubai in a few years

Unfortunately, the beneficiaries of Naija oil at the top will do everything to ensure easterners remain divided into SS SE EE and ES just to make sure they never think of such merger.
While they continue to milk SS oil dry

Some places in SS are unbelievably undeveloped despite the oil they supply to Nigeria and it's very very unfortunate. Personally, it makes me sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
francizy:

Softy nwa, inugo nu ya.. Ngwa, kedu ife iwere itinye na okwu a?

She can only say YES loud and big...I trust softsparky so much to betray me...she knows I taste better than you pomo grin grin
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

People leave comments like this alone. They are playing the usual games, we have gone past this pretentiousness.

Its always hard swallowing TRUTH as a bitter pill, huh? ..... LOL.

TAKE IT ONCE AGAIN,

Barcanista and Easterners are still Alices in Wonderland IF they dont leave SW and every other Nigerian states to preach their hate campaign.

ITS SO SIMPLE. !!!
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
[s]
StBlack1:

Its always swallowing TRUTH as a bitter pill, huh? ..... LOL.

TAKE IT ONCE AGAIN,

Barcanista and Easterners are still Alices in Wonderland IF they dont leave SW and every other Nigerian states to preach their hate campaign.

ITS SO SIMPLE. !!!
[/s]
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
atlwireles:

March 28th cured whatever blindness, people had. It is not about oil anymore, wait and see the representation coming from the SS in the 8th National assembly.

I supported GEJ not because he had oil, not because he was SS, not because he was a Christian but because I saw no good in the gang up of APC in their desperate attempt to take over by force. No good done by GEJ was good enough but any evil done by APC was either shoved aside with the senseless logic "PDP did it in the past" or regarded as irrelevant.

I love Nigeria but I will love a better Nigeria where a minority can rule and be placed at the same level as a majority. A country where a majority was allowed to rule 8 years with one of the worst leadership the world has ever seen wouldn't allow an Ijaw minority rule 8 years even though his leadership was better than that of the majority who has been ruling us since independence.

With all these and all that happened back then, the Igbos emerged to fight for this region. A region that fed Nigeria but was also relegated in leadership but yet someone is here screaming "leave our oil". It's so shameful of that guy. I just hope that I was actually discussing with someone above at least, 17 years of age.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

TAKE IT ONCE AGAIN,

ITS SO SIMPLE. !!!
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Rose2014: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
barcanista:
The issue of "they want our oil" is a ploy to maintain status quo. The Niger Deltans are now realising.
Real ploy to maintain the status quo
Afterall Nigeria wants the oil anyway and yet not developing the region at all

Or tell me what else Nigeria wants

If the easterners could sit in unity and draft a good constitution that protects everyone's interest, that will be the biggest blow of the century. Again Igbos care less about oil. Is it not the northerners that have been taking advantage of SS oil?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by joeyfire(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
ChikezieU:
starting with the issue of Senate presidential slot, it must be given to the south since they have Presidency and Vice otherwise it will now be daylight robbry and certianly the fine line fr conclusion that SS/SE is nt part of Nigeria

Bros let the owners of naija have it and give us what will endure for generations. We had Wabara and some others what did we gain

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
[s]
StBlack1:

TAKE IT ONCE AGAIN,

ITS SO SIMPLE. !!!
[/s]
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

TAKE IT ONCE AGAIN,

ITS SO SIMPLE. !!!
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

She can only say YES loud and big...I trust softsparky so much to betray me...she knows I taste better than you pomo grin grin
You guys should get a room biko.

You are distracting me, as for you Whynotthetruth you can build a shopping complex inside the place if you so wish.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by naijaking1: 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
GEJ should urgently use whatever power that is left in his presidency to reverse the Abandoned Property issue for a true healing to begin in the east.

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 4:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rose2014:

No offense intended but Nigerians will begging for visa to travel to any country formed unitedly by easterners.

If you look at the Igbos in Nigeria, they re not even surviving on Nigeria oil yet successful in their businesses.

If such merger ever happens, SS can keep their oil but let Igbos a have conducive business environment. And watch that region turn to Dubai in a few years

Unfortunately, the beneficiaries of Naija oil at the top will do everything to ensure easterners remain divided into SS SE EE and ES just to make sure they never think of such merger.
While they continue to milk SS oil dry

Some places in SS are unbelievably undeveloped despite the oil they supply to Nigeria and it's very very unfortunate. Personally, it makes me sad

If we don't have equal opportunities at national level, then what is ONE about NIGERIA? It's only the wise that will reason pass "it's our oil" and fight for proper development of the masses. I must also say that our leaders are not helping matter. When given an opportunity to make the best out of their state, they embezzle the money.

One major problem we are going to have even if Nigeria splits is leadership. We must start from now to hold our leaders responsible for their failures and avoid sentiments like he's our son, therefore let's free him. I said this because the SS is filled with various tribes and it will be by the grace of the almighty that we will be able to overlook sentiments.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 4:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
francizy:

I supported GEJ not because he had oil, not because he was SS, not because he was a Christian but because I saw no good in the gang up of APC in their desperate attempt to take over by force. No good done by GEJ was good enough but any evil done by APC was either shoved aside with the senseless logic "PDP did it in the past" or regarded as irrelevant.

I love Nigeria but I will love a better Nigeria where a minority can rule and be placed at the same level as a majority. A country where a majority was allowed to rule 8 years with one of the worst leadership the world has ever seen wouldn't allow an Ijaw minority rule 8 years even though his leadership was better than that of the majority who has been ruling us since independence.

With all these and all that happened back then, the Igbos emerged to fight for this region. A region that fed Nigeria but was also relegated in leadership but yet someone is here screaming "leave our oil". It's so shameful of that guy. I just hope that I was actually discussing with someone above at least, 17 years of age.

That's why this election result was great in some ways. Many people from mainly the SS needed a reality check like this. Thank God is a democracy, where civil liberties and civil rights must be respected. AS Bush said on 911, we have heard from them, is now their turn to hear from us. I am so happy with likes of Wike as governor, Akpabio manager as senators etc. God bless Nigeria for the great democratic explosion that's about to happen.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Adamu Abdulhamid’s Degree Is Fake - London Graduate School / Obaseki Calls For Oshiomhole’s Arrest Over Naira Scarcity Violence In Edo / A Vote For Buhari Is A Vote For Tinubu – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.