Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) (37025 Views)

South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Nine Types Of People You Meet In A Political Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

You see your life@francizy; I read her mind more than you tongue ...To you; softsparky; there's division of labour everywhere...So you continue with reading and liking of comments while I bash francizy with comments here grin

softysparky:

Lol....easy on him though.

Umu azi á egbuto si go'm! SmH..

LoL, OK, I see you're more like a spectator here but a striker at the Romance section @Softy

Whynotthetruth, before I go further in addressing your case, post you name biko.. I don tire to dey type this ya long moniker
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=EUROBOMBER post=32749475][/quote]
I smell feelings of marginalization. Whatever you say, don't include SS.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

The pdp and the Apc should be the only political blocs not regions. All these region things is the lazy man's tool is to play on people's emotions. Politics is about political parties not region. Gej paid dearly for it, same thing happened to jimi agbaje. Don't we ever learn.

Yes because these other people conspired against them...why would Yoruba reject Jimi who's more sound simply because Igbo people supported his candidacy...Is Jimi not pure lagosian as against Ambode/Tinubu/Fashola who aren't lagosians?...Is it about real and good governance or about what principally?... You are simply against this aspiration because you support APC and see this movement as something that will hurt your party intolerance to opposition and undemocratic tendencies...

8 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by kestolove95(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Is that your father's name?
oshinama dats wat igbos are..and if u dnt know d meaning go and ask an ikwerre man..
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
softysparky:

Lol....easy on him though.

Compensate me with a weekend all night crusade in my house cool and I won't bash francizy to stupor on this thread tongue

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Chigold101(m): 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
barcanista:
Very Important:
1. If you are an Igbo Supremacist, Ijaw Supremacist, Urhobo Supremacist, Efik Supremacist, Ikwerre Supremacist, Ibibio Supremacist or any other tribal supremacist, this thread is NOT for you. Though we will be glad to see everyone drop their supremacist ideology.

2. We don't need to be violent to get what we want. If you are a promoter of violence, please drop the idea and embrace strategic and non violent means. The West(Yorubas) is a typical example of pursuing an interest without firing a single bullet. It is not cowardice to be strategic, it is not bravery to be violent.

3. To people of non-eastern origin, this thread is neither an Eastern supremacist thread nor a racist thread. It is a thread that is aimed at promoting the socio-political and economic interests of the "easterners" within the Nigeria State(similar to Afenifere Renewal Group and Northern Groups).

4. The term "easterners" include our brother in the defunct Mid-western region I.e Present day Edo and Delta States. It does not exclude those with "eastern" origin in diaspora.

Chigold101: Being an opinion article by President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, as published in yesterday’s edition of New York Times.

ABUJA— When Boko Haram attacked a school in the town of Chibok, in northeastern Nigeria, kidnapping more than 200 girls, on the night of April 14, 2014, the people of my country were aghast. Across the world, millions of people joined them in asking: How was it possible for this terrorist group to act with such impunity? It took nearly two weeks before the government even commented on the crime.

This lack of reaction was symptomatic of why the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan was swept aside last month – the first time an incumbent president has been successfully voted out of office in the history of our nation. For too long they ruled, not governed, and in doing so had become so focused on their own self-interest and embroiled in corruption that the duty to react to the anguish suffered by their citizens had become alien to them.

My administration, which will take office on May 29, will act differently – indeed it is the very reason we have been elected. This must begin with honesty as to whether the Chibok girls can be rescued. Currently their whereabouts remain unknown. We do not know the state of their health or welfare, or whether they are even still together or alive. As much as I wish to, I cannot promise that we can find them: to do so would be to offer unfounded hope, only to compound the grief if, later, we find we cannot match such expectation. But I say to every parent, family member and friend of the children that my government will do everything in its power to bring them home.

What I can pledge, with absolute certainty, is that from the first day of my administration, Boko Haram will know the strength of our collective will and commitment to rid this nation of terror, and bring back peace and normalcy to all the affected areas. Until now, Nigeria has been wanting in its response to their threat: With our neighbours fighting hard to push the terrorists south and out of their countries, our military was not sufficiently supported or equipped to push north. As a consequence, the outgoing government’s lack of determination was an accidental enabler of the group, allowing them to operate with impunity in Nigerian territory.

That is why the answer to defeating Boko Haram begins and ends with Nigeria. That is not to say that allies cannot help us. My administration would welcome the resumption of a military training agreement with the United States, which was halted during the previous administration. We must, of course, have better coordination with the military campaigns our African allies, like Chad and Niger, are waging in the struggle against Boko Haram. But, in the end, the answer to this threat must come from within Nigeria.

We must start by deploying more troops to the front and away from civilian areas in central and southern Nigeria where for too long they have been used by successive governments to quell dissent. We must work closer with our neighbors in coordinating our military efforts so an offensive by one army does not see their country’s lands rid of Boko Haram only to push it across the border onto their neighbors’ territory.

But as our military pushes Boko Haram back, as it will, we must be ready to focus on what else must be done to counter the terrorists. We must address why it is that young people join Boko Haram. There are many reasons why vulnerable young people join militant groups, but among them are poverty and ignorance.

Indeed Boko Haram – which translates in English, roughly, as “Western Education Is Sinful” – preys on the perverted belief that the opportunities that education brings are sinful.

Promise of food

If you are starving and young, and in search of answers as to why your life is so difficult, fundamentalism can be alluring. We know this for a fact because former members of Boko Haram have admitted it: They offer impressionable young people money and the promise of food, while the group’s mentors twist their minds with fanaticism. So we must be ready to offer the parts of our country affected by this group an alternative.

Boosting education will be a direct counterbalance to Boko Haram’s appeal. In particular we must educate more young girls, ensuring they will grow up to be empowered through learning to play their full part as citizens of Nigeria and pull themselves up and out of poverty. Indeed, we owe it to the schoolgirls of Chibok to provide as best an education as possible for their fellow young citizens.

Boko Haram feeds off despair. It feeds off a lack of hope that things can improve. By attacking a site of learning, and kidnapping more than 200 schoolgirls, it sought to strike at the very place where hope for the future is nurtured, and the promise of a better Nigeria. It is our intention to show Boko Haram that it will not succeed. My government will first act to defeat it militarily and then ensure that we provide the very education it despises to help our people help themselves. Boko Haram will soon learn that, as Nelson Mandela said, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/how-we-will-stop-boko-haram-by-muhammadu-buhari/

take note of the bolded part... The war GMB is about to fight against the Southern Nigeria is including none housa/fulani people of middle belt. it is time all of use get together to fight this battle of oneness.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 2:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go back to my comments on this same thread you will realize how wrong you are. Even Eurobomber has recounted.

Stay off this thread, nothing here is addressed to you.

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=Psychedelia post=32749546]

Mpa gi, brown roof thug.
Mma gi, brown hooligan.
Umu gi niile, brown roof riff-raffs. Anuohia nwuru anwu.
Biko, megheriri gi si ebea zuzupu ka'm fugodu nke bu uzo.[/quote

okay hold on there .

I give four years to see if you survive through crumb's ,

racism , tribalism , sectionalism that has been in the dna of our opponent ,

mark my word you will learn later . i'm done with you .

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
kestolove95:
all what am saying is that igbos should stop associating their struggles with the south south..if biafra shud succeed today don't fink we a part of it as we to want our own freedom...igbos are eyeing our oil you think we don't know...no wonder people. Call it Biafra

Bro, I don't think the Igbos need your oils.. Igbos are too business minded and you will always depend on us to survive. At least we make sure cosmetics, spare parts, cloths, jewelries, food stuffs, etc, are there for you to purchase with your oil money.

Keep your oil to yourself...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
francizy:

Umu azi á egbuto si go'm! SmH..

LoL, OK, I see you're more like a spectator here but a striker at the Romance section @Softy

Whynotthetruth, before I go further in addressing your case, post you name biko.. I don tire to dey type this ya long moniker

grin grin grin
keep typing it bro...
I will drop my name secretly for you outside the thread though but not to be used here...No traces to myself here bro...let it all remain faceless forum tongue

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by joeyfire(m): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
If SE/SS no get sense fast we will have ourselves to blame. APC will not give us a second glance when it comes to developing our regions. The SW, NW and NE will demand settlement for putting Buhari in power and let us consider that oil revenue is not what it used to be. We were marginalised during oil boom how much more now.

Resource control is a must and now!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by TheOtherview: 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
Psychedelia:
This Barcanista fellow has got to be dumbest eediot of the month for this thread, and I feel sorry for anyone indulging him. Really? It's "South East and South South" now?
Mind reminding us who made this post in 2013?

So, pray tell, who is doing the Attachee-by-force today? grin
Did the reality finally dawn on you after the near universal rejection of Jonathan across the country (even among the 'Middle Belt Minorities' you were so banking on) save for the South-East states?
Now, feeling heavily rejected, you're suddenly brothers with the SE, charting some political cause. Awwww! So touching.

But a few things you must get through your cranium, Mr. Izon Commando:

1. There is no such thing as "SE/SS". There is just a geopolitical region known as SE (made up of Ndigbo) and ANOTHER region known as SS (made up of numerous ethnic nations united by crude oil), so cut the bulllshit.

2. A vote for Jonathan is not necessarily an endorsement of the "Izon Nation" or some sort of regional solidarity. People voted Jonathan for various reasons. For some, it could be tribal, for some it could be pecuniary, for some it could be strategic, for some it could be an outright rejection of Buhari as a man and an administrator, and for some others (if you're in my case) an endorsement of a level-playing field and a strong support for economic capitalism. If you support Jonathan for tribal reasons, good for you. Just celebrate your failure alone and stop trying to bundle others under some rubric of "SE/SS" for your dead goal.

And finally,
3. That "Old Eastern Region" of yours ceased to exist in the 60's at the request of many including YOUR "SS" village champions. If the Izons want something, let them stand on their own and agitate for it instead of looking for others to help them fight. Within the last four years, the sole beneficiaries from the so called Niger Delta struggle were still the ijaw ex-militants while the other groups like the Itshekiris were relegated to the waste bin. Rivers State oil wells were ceded to Bayelsa. Even last year, there were talks of Akwa ibom lands belonging to Izons... the juicy oil producing plots too.
Now that the party is over, you suddenly remember "SE/SS". What a joker you are.
Quit the ATTACHEE-BY-FORCE and stand on your own, lazy bum! smiley

Quoted again, for posterity.

It was Samuel Johnson who described 'patriotism' as the last refuge of a scoundrel.
So borrowing from that literary tradition, I declare 'ethnocentrism' as the final place of solace for an unscrupulous @barcanista. cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Compensate me with a weekend all night crusade in my house cool and I won't bash francizy to stupor on this thread tongue

Someone wants his dick cut off! angry
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
atlwireles:

Stay off this thread, nothing here is addressed to you.
You have no point.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
kestolove95:
[s] oshinama dats wat igbos are..and if u dnt know d meaning go and ask an ikwerre man..[/s]

Take a dive in the atlantic already.

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Serex66: 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
Its a good idea, i will relate peacefully with igbo brethren but the moment you bring in the idea of secceding from Nigeria with you people then you lose my friendship. Because i know for a truth that if we and igbos start a country.....we will all kill ourselves....lolzz cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Yes because these other people conspired against them...why would Yoruba reject Jimi who's more sound simply because Igbo people supported his candidacy...Is Jimi not pure lagosian as against Ambode/Tinubu/Fashola who aren't lagosians?...Is it about real and good governance or about what principally?... You are simply against this aspiration because you support APC and see this movement as something that will hurt your party intolerance to opposition and undemocratic tendencies...
it's all about hypocrisy and emotional blackmail. It is okay for a United North to support a common cause, but it is a "taboo" for a United Easterners to support common cause.

5 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You have no point.

Point already made, this thread is not addressing you. You have to be tired of your lies too undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Then bash him to stupor let me compensate him with one month all might crusade grin

we are derailing this wonderful thread.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
atlwireles:

Point already made, this thread is not addressing you. You have to be tired of your lies too undecided
Keep shut if you can not point out where I lied.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Keep shut if you can not point out where I lied.

Even your last comment was a lie. grin grin grin grin
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by kestolove95(m): 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
francizy:

Bro, I don't think the Igbos need your oils.. Igbos are too business minded and you will always depend on us to survive. At least we make sure cosmetics, spare parts, cloths, jewelries, food stuffs, etc, are there for you to purchase with your oil money.

u d only one dat have said something reasonable...d rest are pain Cox dey are dat lazy igbos dat are eyeing d oil so my comments hurt dem die...
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
softysparky:

Then bash him to stupor let me compensate him with one month all might crusade grin

we are derailing this wonderful thread.

This one is a welcome development... embarassed wink smiley

Whynotthetruth oya, biko bash the hell out of me... tongue cheesy
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by atlwireles: 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Nice thread so far, please avoid the attempts by the multiple moniker pretenders in derailing this thread.
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
francizy:

bros, you need not respond to him. He's having the misconception of "Igbos want our oil" which has been proven to be a fallacy. For the IYC to "apologise" you should understand what is at stake.

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
Rennee:

I smell feelings of marginalization. Whatever you say, don't include SS.

The person that created this thread is from the SS and not Igbo before you run mad.

4 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by bayulll01(m): 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

We may not be able to win in Nigeria but we can pull out of Nigeria if pushed to the wall. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

It will be welcome if you people and pull out,pathetic people,av u ever being to delta state,do u know how many tribe they got there,incase you don't,they av there urhobo,ijaw,itshekiri,isoko,delta ibo,these people only live together becos of the phrase one nigeria,I know how those people loath one another,they will not survive the day cos I know one tribe will round off the other that's what you people don't know,I really wish we break enough of backward and senseless people
Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by joeyfire(m): 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
I am sorry for any easterner who falls for the same stale 49 year old divide and rule nonsense that kept our fathers where they are today and have left the east starved of FG infrastructure. For crying out loud the PTF did not impact even the SS that was the source of crude, rather Abacha regime finally destroyed the refineries and enriched importers of refined petrol who were mainly from where?

Did anybody notice the APC lawmaker few weeks ago in the NASS who was proposing that the derivation to oil producing communities be reduced? Wake up o!

1 Like

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by francizy(m): 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
kestolove95:
u d only one dat have said something reasonable...d rest are pain Cox dey are dat lazy igbos dat are eyeing d oil so my comments hurt dem die...

Nigger, how many Igbos have you met that are lazy? Majority of the Igbos are hard working that is why even without education, they make something meaningful out of life. The millionaires doing business (import and trading) at Alaba, BBA, Autoparts, Lagos Island, Idumota, Computer Village, Onitsha, Aba, Wuse market, etc are a case study...

You don't have many tribes who can dominate the Nigerian market like that bro..

2 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
bayulll01:

[s]It will be welcome if you people and pull out,pathetic people,av u ever being to delta state,do u know how many tribe they got there,incase you don't,they av there urhobo,ijaw,itshekiri,isoko,delta ibo,these people only live together becos of the phrase one nigeria,I know how those people loath one another,they will not survive the day cos I know one tribe will round off the other that's what you people don't know,I really wish we break enough of backward and senseless people [/s]

3 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by cheruv: 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiagelli:

Unite for what reason exactly? Unite against others?

Why not SE and SW or SE and NE
the highlighted reeks of bigotry!!
Nne, ele mgbe i Jim daruo otu kaa?

3 Likes

Re: A Political Thread For "Old" Eastern Region (south East And South South) by Psychedelia(m): 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
okay hold on there .
I give four years to see if you survive through crumb's ,
racism , tribalism , sectionalism that has been in the dna of our
opponent ,
mark my word you will learn later . i'm done with you

What the hell are you talking about? I VOTED Jonathan. But my vote wasn't an endorsement of some "SE/SS Superfriends" nonsense, but for the prosperity of the private sector industry which I happen to be a part of.
Secondly, my culture, as an Igbo man, does not tolerate laziness; so I honestly find it hilarious that the same set of people who called us names like "attachee-by-force" and "oppressors" simply because of oil, are suddenly on our diiicks with their "SE/SS Unity" claptrap after realizing they've been left in the cold.

There are numerous posts made by this Barcanista fellow in the past where he said his people want nothing to do with the SE; so where is all the fake love coming from all of a sudden?

They should speak for themselves.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Olubodun Tayo Marcus Drinking Beer. Photos Got People Talking / Tinubu Attends Ground Breaking Ceremony Of New US Consulate In Lagos / Photo Of Orderly Fuel Queue In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.