Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo (95475 Views)

Photos From The Osun Oshogbo Festival / Why Do Black People In Africa Tend To Marry People From Their Tribe / Traditional Wedding Custom Of Akuapem People From Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by UnknownT: 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
With the super power, they should conjure donation money to appear. I guess Aregbesola folo dey owe dis ones arrears of salary

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Moana(f): 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
Im a mami water too.

Like my post now and someone will give u $100 tomorrow.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Super1759: 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
H
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by kilokeys(m): 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
i actually had a mermaid fantasy... cos of the little mermaid cartoon

but if the real mami water pple wowo like this..

chai.. i wouldnt fvck wit d devil

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by zees(f): 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
hmm

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
undecided nawa ooo#no coment!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by xreal: 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
I attended the Osun Oshogbo festival, year 2008.

These people really have supernatural powers.
I saw wonders that day.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Rilwayne001: 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
cheekilicious:
Lol...awon iya aiye/oshoromonga grin grin

grin grin dayummmn
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Kentrasso(f): 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
Shu? lipsrsealed
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by folabayo1(f): 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
Abeg make una leave my people for me o
Am a bonafide osun babe and am proud to be tongue

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by fireforfire: 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lol....jobless spirits.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Ilekeh(f): 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
How can I join?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by jamillion: 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
Too much love for my country nigeria, interesting cultures and traditions

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Herapal(m): 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
Where the fish tail?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by blackjack21(m): 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
grin

21:33:15
Wed, Apr 15, 2015
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
See what I just found on IG again, guys. Someone said real devotees of the water deities wouldn't call themselves "mami water people" but according to these 3 ladies pictured above, they really are mami water people. They are from Osun but are currently in Lagos to look for 'festival donations'. They also claim they have 'super powers' though "the most powerful one is in Oshogbo".

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/04/photo-meet-mami-water-people-from-osun.html

Why you do me 419 like this naangry

I dey expect to see one beautiful girl
With fair skin,

Bright eyes,

Big front and back,

Tin looking girl etc.

You dey show me people mother.

You must pay my mb

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by angelTI(f): 9:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
The mami water depicted by Nollywood are fair, young and beautiful not these grandmas undecided
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
zees:
hmm

For your chicken mind by?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by netmillionaires(m): 9:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
kilokeys:
i actually had a mermaid fantasy... cos of the little mermaid cartoon

but if the real mami water pple wowo like this..

chai.. i wouldnt fvck wit d devil
they are not mami water. They are mami water worshippers.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by ugoezeik(m): 9:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
jascon1:
Eheeen! Oh k . make Una wait make I go carry dry meat way I forget for market yesterday.
wen dem released u frm quarantine centre
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
Na so mami water dey be again? Y dis ones different?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Sweetlemon(f): 9:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
These are Osun worshipers. Osun is a River goddess. Osun state is named after the river goddess.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by zees(f): 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
Viciyus:

For your chicken mind by?
lol
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by adekennis(m): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
Viciyus:

Why you do me 419 like this naangry

I dey expect to see one beautiful girl
With fair skin,

Bright eyes,

Big front and back,

Tin looking girl etc.

You dey show me people mother.

You must pay my mb
... LOLZZZZZ
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by houstonia(m): 9:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
oh Osun, really? i find regularly at Sabo Market gate in Ikorodu, never really knew they were much of a badasss.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
silverdam:
Talking from experience, Honestly, I used to call all these things superstitions but believe me not all of them are superstitions, some are so real.

Anything is possible, we shouldn't doubt all these things we hear or see, strange things are happening in this world. I guess westernisation, education and religion has eaten up so many youths of these days that they hardly believe in anything supernatural.

What most of us believe in is how to have sex, how to make quick money and all these vanity upon vanity things.

Its an odd world!!!
They are 100% SCAM and so unreal, believe at your own peril

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by andyanders: 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hungry cows looking for money and claiming to me mami water. Nonsense.,
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by NobleAky(m): 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lala247:

Wts up hun
according to ur profile pix, the tissue of ur milk factory is getting weaker and the container pointing seriously at the ground. Why?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by ezeagu(m): 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Is Osun a mami water now?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by gmachine: 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
their is no diffrent btw this woman and one i saw in ojodu berger every day
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by BodePolScience: 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
How ve they used their spiritual powers to better their lots? Coded beggars!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.