Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,990 members, 7,825,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo (95486 Views)

Photos From The Osun Oshogbo Festival / Why Do Black People In Africa Tend To Marry People From Their Tribe / Traditional Wedding Custom Of Akuapem People From Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=kinglekan post=32768211]

Aite dear or u cld sleep it off. smiley[/quot

Got things im doing not yet
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lala247:

Lol see ur pic see Op pic which one resemble mermaid lol

~ You are not getting it though...
English language must be a herculean task for O.P and her instagram source..

The women said - We are Mammy water People - meaning they are worshippers of osun(mammy water/River goddess)
they didn't say - We are Mammy water ...

Mammy water they are referring to is the Osun Goddess who Yorubas believed changed to water after Sango's demise ..

get it? They didn't say they were mermaids tongue

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ You are not getting it though...
English language must be a herculean task for O.P and her instagram source..

The women said - We are Mammy water People - meaning they are worshippers of osun(mammy water/River goddess)
they didn't say - We are Mammy water ...

Mammy water they are referring to is the Osun Goddess who Yorubas believed changed to water after Sango's demise ..

get it? They didn't say they were mermaids tongue

Oh so they just worship the memaids ?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lala247:

Oh so they just worship the memaids ?

~ Yes ..they are worshippers of Osun (Mammy water)

Osun is not a mermaid though. She's the river goddess.
European influence had us creating terms like Mammy water(Mermaid)
. There was nothing like that before the whites came..

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 16, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ Yes ..they are worshippers of Osun (Mammy water)

Osun is not a mermaid though. She's the river goddess.
European influence had us creating terms like Mammy water(Mermaid)
. There was nothing like that before the whites came..

Ok i get it but are they real or just some fictional stuff
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by AhmedInusa: 12:12am On Apr 16, 2015
Viva Lavida
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by kinglekan: 12:12am On Apr 16, 2015
[quote author=Lala247 post=32768269][/quote]

Ok swts.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by silverdam(m): 12:12am On Apr 16, 2015
nosike3:
N the gayy idõït has an opinion sad odd world we really have! When a ¶enis containing vessel seeks the comfort of another Pëñis! FÔolísh Boý
Lmao! Your profile picture makes me laugh.... Did you look at yourself before abusing? Some people sef no get common sense..... OMG!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Fatherherokay(m): 12:13am On Apr 16, 2015
Maami water too dey freestyle
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 16, 2015
Lala247:

Ok i get it but are they real or just some fictional stuff

~ Realer than Bible stories my dear .
Even the whites know these things are real.. Or aren't there witches in England? cheesy Of course there are .
Halloween is a proof such exist ...

Its very real..not the mermaid thing this time around but the osun goddess thing.... .
If its not real and doesn't work for perple, I don't think she'd have so many devout worshippers .

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Misternas89(m): 12:16am On Apr 16, 2015
folabayo1:
Abeg make una leave my people for me o
Am a bonafide osun babe and am proud to be tongue
Wow, just checked ur pic and saw the mark of being an osun state indigene lol, BTW u r luking so cute kiss
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 16, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Even the whites know these things are real.. Or aren't there witches in England? cheesy Of course there are .

Its very real..not thebmermaid thing this time around but the osun goddess thing.... .
If its not real and doesn't work for perple, I don't think shed have so many devout worshippers .

Whatever floats their boats smiley
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Misternas89(m): 12:22am On Apr 16, 2015
chimkaire:
Who brought this eery topic to FP at night, mbok sad
You just robbed someone of a smooth shut-eye angry embarassed
Oh common sweetie, take a shower, say ur prayer and av a wonderful nyt rest. kiss
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Misternas89(m): 12:25am On Apr 16, 2015
teeowl:
super powers? yea right... and I am BatMan!
No be only batman, na duckman u be orisirisi
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:34am On Apr 16, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Its very real..not the mermaid thing this time around but the osun goddess thing.... .
If its not real and doesn't work for perple, I don't think she'd have so many devout worshippers .

Halloween is a fun festival reminding us of primitive and savage beliefs of non existent things like witches etc. Stupid superstitions no longer believed by educated people anywhere in the world.

In fact 'the whites' know these things do not exist at all!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by lozanni(m): 12:40am On Apr 16, 2015
Lala247:
All that super powers and they look like dat lool

Darn !!!
Now am definitely going to have nightmares.
Hurries out............ to search for his bible.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 16, 2015
lozanni:

Darn !!!
Now am definitely going to have nightmares.
Hurries out............ to search for his bible.

Lol
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 16, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Halloween is a fun festival reminding us of primitive and savage beliefs of non existent things like witches etc. Stupid superstitions no longer believed by educated people anywhere in the world.

In fact 'the whites' know these things do not exist at all!

~ You folks painted it as 'a fun festival' . ..
But in reality its a fetish ceremony. On every Halloween, there are those who are still true to the old ways- wearing black robes, surrounding cauldrons and casting spells grin

Stupppid superstition is no longer believed cos you people don't wanna believe ... It exists bro

See what Nas said: People fear what they don't understand ..

I implore you to try visiting any of the renowned Dibias (Spiritualist) in Anambra ..He'd cast a spell and you'd start dancing all over the street grin

Then you'd know that such exist

1 Like

Darkrebel666:

~ See one here ....
looks like Ariel.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 16, 2015
Nneka123:
looks like Ariel.

~ So you've read the Tempest ... ?
Miranda ?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 16, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ So you've read the Tempest ... ?
Miranda ?
A long time ago, can't remember anything in it
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 16, 2015
Nneka123:
A long time ago, can't remember anything in it

~ Okay.. you don't look like a literature student, that's why I asked .
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 16, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ Okay.. you don't look like a literature student, that's why I asked .
I used to be one grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by nwaezeubom: 1:11am On Apr 16, 2015
I live in a culture where people beliefs are respected. we have our culture and it should be respected regardless.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by francizy(m): 1:30am On Apr 16, 2015
temitemi1:
Aregbesola people grin grin grin

I guess Aregdim is the most powerful one they are talking about, the Papi water one of Osun state.. grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:38am On Apr 16, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ You folks painted it as 'a fun festival' . ..
But in reality its a fetish ceremony. On every Halloween, there are those who are still true to the old ways- wearing black robes, surrounding cauldrons and casting spells grin
Stupppid superstition is no longer believed cos you people don't wanna believe ... It exists bro
See what Nas said: People fear what they don't understand ..
I implore you to try visiting any of the renowned Dibias (Spiritualist) in Anambra ..He'd cast a spell and you'd start dancing all over the street grin
Then you'd know that such exist

What arrant nonsense! You are living proof that development needs to start from EDUCATION!

We don't believe in Magic and Juju because they are not real!

Spells on me ... indeed! grin

No civilized person would be affected by such because they only exist in the minds of those too ignorant or sadly too conditioned and brainwashed by their culture to realise it is all rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by ojnnaco(m): 1:55am On Apr 16, 2015
Everything now na front page baa
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by pussyphilia(m): 5:06am On Apr 16, 2015
There's no such thing as mammy water!

They only exist in the minds of those that believe such bullshiit!

If you are reading this and you are mammy water, I beg you to appear before me and prove yourself, then I shall become one of your most devoted worshippers.

Until then, I don't believe!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 5:19am On Apr 16, 2015
RomanceLander:
Disappointed!
Duhh I was expecting to see a supernatural being

CHISOS!!!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by cutepaul(m): 5:31am On Apr 16, 2015
now why would I wanna meet them
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by teejah03(m): 5:34am On Apr 16, 2015
let them keep being fetish.....civilization no dey
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by friedchicken: 5:42am On Apr 16, 2015
I was told that I am an osun priestess, I ve made some enquiries in Lagos, but don't trust them.
I want to go to osun state to perform the rituals, pls I would like to know what it entails.i am ibo btw.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.