Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo (95466 Views)

Photos From The Osun Oshogbo Festival / Why Do Black People In Africa Tend To Marry People From Their Tribe / Traditional Wedding Custom Of Akuapem People From Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Taeewo(m): 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
Mermaid and not mami
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by eaccyboy(m): 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
Let dem come to sokoto na den dey go kw say dey no b momi water wen hausa men gv dem d bitin of der life
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by morbeta(m): 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
We dont have to calles them names or blame them for anything, thats their office and how they make a living, most of us have seen the ones thats wears masqurade on daily basis just to make ends meet.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by theripper3: 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
I Just see these People as thieves. Notin more notin less
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
If they told you they have super powers,you better believe them and if you want to confirm if they do or not,just try and offend them deeply or do any of their taboo for them,then you will know if they have super powers or not.

A whole lot of the ladies around now have super powers-Some are aware and a lot don't even know that they do.

Obedient is better than sacrifice!

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
Who brought this eery topic to FP at night, mbok sad
You just robbed someone of a smooth shut-eye angry embarassed
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
See what I just found on IG again, guys. Someone said real devotees of the water deities wouldn't call themselves "mami water people" but according to these 3 ladies pictured above, they really are mami water people. They are from Osun but are currently in Lagos to look for 'festival donations'. They also claim they have 'super powers' though "the most powerful one is in Oshogbo".

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/04/photo-meet-mami-water-people-from-osun.html

You mean these people are mermaids and they look like that? Damn!!! This must be the greatest joke of all time.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
Super powers? Wow!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No its SUPERMAN? No wait! Its actually Mami Waters Woman to the rescue, wheeeee!

And the world smiles quietly, shakes its head and moves on!

1 Like

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by fergieboy: 10:05pm On Apr 15, 2015

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sweetlemon:
These are Osun worshipers. Osun is a River goddess. Osun state is named after the river goddess.

Wow, who asked you again? undecided
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
super powers? yea right... and I am BatMan!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Mbediogu(m): 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
See what I just found on IG again, guys. Someone said real devotees of the water deities wouldn't call themselves "mami water people" but according to these 3 ladies pictured above, they really are mami water people. They are from Osun but are currently in Lagos to look for 'festival donations'. They also claim they have 'super powers' though "the most powerful one is in Oshogbo".

Use your super powers to raise money. Why beg when your river god has all the money? 519ers.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
teeowl:
super powers? yea right... and I am BatMan!

Waffi girls have super powers for definite!

They have found that if they get a mirror and breath onto it three times while calling an oyinbo guys name the oyinbo will jiggy them!

(Mind you, the oyinbo's do that anyways even without the mirror)
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Roughfyzay(m): 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
Mami water ko, mami juice ni grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by mike404(m): 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
FlirtyKaren:

SE THE MAMI WATER NA FRESH FISH ABI NA DRY FISH BECAUSE ME WAN ARRANGE FISH PEPPER SOUP
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
folabayo1:
Abeg make una leave my people for me o
Am a bonafide osun babe and am proud to be tongue
Where in osun state?? smiley am from ijesha and you?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by oseiwe(m): 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
na d mami water dey tweet?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
These Na yahoo women looking for some change! They full Lagos well well! U will see them eko idumota market,oyingbo etc..

Powerless people....
in short putting your money for their plate Na involving yourself
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Seyitosino(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
Once d Lord spoke, twice I heard him d@ all power belong to God.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Odems: 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
I grew up having the impression that all mami water were irresistable beauties
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by garriboy(m): 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
I feel say mammy water dem dey fine well well....warris dis?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Phinagold(f): 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
Not every post i see that i comment
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Yasher: 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
Only god kw wetin ogbeni dey use osun money do. Him no pay workers, him no sponsor osun-osogbo witches, him no do any infrastructural work for the state at all.

Shey na TURA soap him dey take the money buy
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lazy yoruba women
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by darnley16(m): 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lala247:

Im hanging in theree thanks ..
aii hun
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Isaac2009(m): 10:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
Me I be papi water den cool cool
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by garriboy(m): 10:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
Phinagold:
And wat do u think u just did?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by dammieco(m): 10:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
These people I'm seeing does not resemble us ooooo. #ProudlyOmoOsun
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Isaac2009(m): 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
Phinagold:
This one na wetin den
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by GIYAZZ(m): 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
FlirtyKaren:

This Tochiphotos is on Nairaland here.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by RaeMystix: 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
I thought Mami water women were beautiful creatures with bodies similar to that of Jessica rabbit's?. grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Phinagold(f): 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
Isaac2009:

This one na wetin den
i dont waste my time commenting on fake stories

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.