Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Was I Wrong? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was I Wrong? (32818 Views)

I Did This To A Girl And She Never Came To My Place Again.. Am I Wrong?? / She Says I Am A Devil But Was I Wrong To Do It To Her? / Ladies, Was I The Only One Who Prayed For Big Boobs When I Was Little? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong? by freecocoa(f): 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
pak:

Just decided to quote you but my response is actually directed to 75% of the respondent on this thread

I think a short course in psychology should be made available to all students in our school.

Yes, on the surface blame the girl but truth is what is happening to her is called 'trauma bonding' and it is realer than we think.

If a man beats a woman (or God help us,vice versa) and she doesn't leave the first time, reality is that she will never leave again.
At least not by herself, unless an external force comes into play or maybe it becomes critical and she breaks her bone or something of that nature but if it is regular beatings, it will continue forever and she will never be able to stop it on her own. The psychology at play are numerous and simple
1. Is that we desire more to find closure on an issue via the source of the hurt in the first place. If someone hurts you, nothing takes away the pain like an 'heart felt' apology from that person. Hence, the love of the abuser becomes some sort of prize for the abused, odd but true

2. One thing abusers instinctively realize is that beating a woman is less of a physical assault and more of an emotional wound. It's her self esteem you are tearing at. Few things make a woman feel more worthless than being beaten by the man she loves.
That is why, if she doesn't leave the first time, her self esteem will only get progressively weaker until her subconscious begins to justify the beatings

I don't blame the girl, I pity her. She's more of a victim than a fool.

People who grow up in abusive homes are very susceptible to either become abusers or abused in relationship. These guys don't know 'normal'. The pattern of abuse is their default position.

And folks need to grow up. Her case has little or nothing to do with money. Most guys that beat their women are actually poor broke arse. The average successful guy does not have a confidence crisis nor needs to prove his superiority, his confidence speaks for him.

While I understand and agree with what you are saying, this can't be said for all cases of abused persons.
Re: Was I Wrong? by harrysterol(m): 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
chimkaire:
Nna, are you related to this Comedian; Senator sad Stinggy, help me confirm this grin

Don't reduce a grow-ass woman to a snatchable entity, mbok grin sad
mbok shocked wer r u from chi?
Re: Was I Wrong? by NobleG1(m): 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
Edusouls:
u think dudes intentionally beat women, noo some girls behave like chicken,u can tolerate them forever...

For the fact that you support beating women shows how deranged you're!
Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
harrysterol:
mbok shocked wer r u from chi?
Mbaise kiss

You berra run cool

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong? by pak: 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
freecocoa:
While I understand and agree with what you are saying, this can't be said for all cases of abused persons.

99.9% of cases. The reason why you think there are differences is because emotional wounds are a lot like measles. They occur once, and when (or if) you survive it. You tend to develop immunity against it and guard yourself better. Even the lady in question, if she survives this will probably never get herself in this kind of situation again (although other types of abuse still await peopl like her)

Or maybe I don't get your point ? An example might help

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
justified19:
u were not wrong to av dropped her, u were only caring. ur friend must b a beast, I dont knw ow u will help her outa d relationship without being consider a traitor especially if ur frnd finds out.

btw why was d girl crying and pleading? is ur frnd a yahoo boy? cos girls can do anything to stay wit a rich dude.
Re: Was I Wrong? by harrysterol(m): 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
chimkaire:
Mbaise kiss

You berra run cool
I won't mind selling the whole Nigeria for your sake kiss
Re: Was I Wrong? by cococandy(f): 8:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
pak:

Just decided to quote you but my response is actually directed to 75% of the respondents on this thread

I think a short course in psychology should be made available to all students in our schools.

Yes, on the surface, blame the girl but truth is, what's happening to her is called 'trauma bonding' and it is realer than we think.

If a man beats a woman (or God help us,vice versa) and she doesn't leave the first time, reality is that she will never leave again.
At least not by herself, unless an external force comes into play or maybe it becomes critical and she breaks her bone or something of that nature but if it's regular beatings, it will continue forever and she will never be able to stop it on her own. The psychology at play are numerous and simple
1. We desire more to find closure on an issue via the source of the hurt in the first place. If someone hurts you, nothing takes away the pain like an 'heart felt' apology from that person. Hence, love from the abuser becomes some sort of prize for the abused, odd but true

2. One thing abusers instinctively realize is that beating a woman is less of a physical assault and more of an emotional wound. It's her self esteem you are tearing at. Few things make a woman feel more worthless than being beaten by the man she loves.
That is why, if she doesn't leave the first time, her self esteem will only get progressively weaker until her subconscious begins to justify the beatings

I don't blame the girl, I pity her. She's more of a victim than a fool.

People who grow up in abusive homes are very susceptible to either become abusers or abused in relationship. These guys don't know 'normal'. The pattern of abuse is their default position.

And folks need to grow up. Her case has little or nothing to do with money. Most guys that beat their women are actually poor broke arse. The average successful guy does not have a confidence crisis nor needs to prove his superiority, his confidence speaks for him.

@Yomieluv - You actually did the right thing in that scenario but my problem with you is the kind of friends you keep, is it by force ?
How do you have friends who are so psychotic to the extent of beating a girl until her sandals get torn just because she came to visit him unannounced ?? That is absolutely crazy - I advise you recommend a shrink for the animal you call your friend.
I just hope your friendship with him does not say a thing or two about you or is he doing anything of benefit to you cos I wonder why you choose to maintain such friendship in the first place and you can't tell him pointedly to his face that he was a fool for treating the girl that way (I woud have done that) - I ask is friendship by force ??
Re: Was I Wrong? by boma95(f): 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
Yomieluv:
Lemme make it short.

Went to a friend's place on Tuesday to watch Real-Madrid match. After a while,I heard a knock at the door,my friend went to open,I started hearing noise,on getting to the door,I saw my friend beating his girlfriend. I had to ask,he said the girlfriend came unannounced,and want to force herself in,which resulted to fracas.

I settled them,and went drop the girl in her hostel in unilag,went I came back to my friend's place,he was shouting that why should I go drop the girl off to her hostel,that I should have left her outside,when he locked the door against her. That my loyalty should be to him.

My question is this,was I wrong to have dropped her? I went to drop her because she was crying,bruised,and her sandal was torn.it will be unfair to leave her outside.

How can I help her out of the toxic relationship,without being seen as a traitor,or back-stabber by my friend, because its obvious my friend didn't like her at all,she's the one forcing herself on him.

Imagine after the whole beating,while driving her to school,she was pleading with me to beg my friend for her,I was like WTF in my mind,but didn't say anything,that I will get back to her.

If you try talking her to leave the toxic relationship she'll tell him nd you know what that means.... just leave the dummy... her morning never reach
Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
harrysterol:
I won't mind selling the whole Nigeria for your sake kiss
That sounds good grin

Lemme know when you sell it, eventually cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
I am beginning to respect the creative mind of nairalanders.
Re: Was I Wrong? by freecocoa(f): 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
pak:

99.9% of cases. The reason why you think there are differences is because emotional wounds are a lot like measles. They occur once, and when (or if) you survive it. You tend to develop immunity against it and guard yourself better. Even the lady in question, if she survives this will probably never get herself in this kind of situation again (although other types of abuse still await peopl like her)

Or maybe I don't get your point ? An example might help
Some persons being abused, do not suffer from trauma bonding, they stay and take the abuse for selfish reasons.

I know a lady who gets slapped at the slightest issues by her man but says, the money she gets from him, makes the slap not painful.
Re: Was I Wrong? by pak: 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
freecocoa:
Some persons being abused, do not suffer from trauma bonding, they stay and take the abuse for selfish reasons.

I know a lady who gets slapped at the slightest issues by her man but says, the money she gets from him, makes the slap not painful.

Oh ok, that's very true. Nothing trauma bonding about that.

Infact, I know a woman whose Husband was cheating and she decided to stay in the relationship not out of love or attachment but out of common sense. At her age, she had very little alternative, the husband is rich and she has little professional development.

She only threw a storm when he brought one of the girlfriends home !
Re: Was I Wrong? by Strongfaze(m): 9:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hazardd:
if you ask us, who re we going to ask
. Which time Hazard of Chelsea register for Nairaland?.
Re: Was I Wrong? by Besto(m): 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
Yomieluv:
he's doing very well,lives in a well furnished flat,and drives two cars. He's into entertainment,and this isn't the first time of the abuse,that's why I want to help out. I always feel she's out of her senses.

okpari woh

i fit die untop ur mata ehh Bobo ooo

natin trips gals than a comfy flat n a car.

trust me... i knw wat am saying..

future will be brite >>>dem dey endure the beating.
not to talk of future don brite...

just free her... she wud realize hasef at a very latter time... its obvious she got no priority in life now than ur frd.
Re: Was I Wrong? by freecocoa(f): 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
pak:

Oh ok, that's very true. Nothing trauma bonding about that.

Infact, I know a woman whose Husband was cheating and she decided to stay in the relationship not out of love or attachment but out of common sense. At her age, she had very little alternative, the husband is rich and she has little professional development.

She only threw a storm when he brought one of the girlfriends home !
So you see, some abused persons, have no value for themselves.
Re: Was I Wrong? by Crieff(m): 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
jaymichael:
Your loyalty should be to nobody, but to the path of TRUTH, JUSTICE, EQUITY and FAIRNESS. If you ve done the right thing according to the best of your ability and conscience, you need no justification from anyone.

This is worth quoting.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong? by harrysterol(m): 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
chimkaire:
That sounds good grin

Lemme know when you sell it, eventually cheesy grin
no need for that, the account is still full
Re: Was I Wrong? by stinggy(m): 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
chimkaire:
the resemblance though lipsrsealed embarassed
Beht why? Is this "snatch" some kinda Rant 101 undecided

Truss me, i dnt undstnd
#no offieeense
Re: Was I Wrong? by tk4rd: 10:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
Yomieluv:
Lemme make it short.

Went to a friend's place on Tuesday to watch Real-Madrid match. After a while,I heard a knock at the door,my friend went to open,I started hearing noise,on getting to the door,I saw my friend beating his girlfriend. I had to ask,he said the girlfriend came unannounced,and want to force herself in,which resulted to fracas.

I settled them,and went drop the girl in her hostel in unilag,went I came back to my friend's place,he was shouting that why should I go drop the girl off to her hostel,that I should have left her outside,when he locked the door against her. That my loyalty should be to him.

My question is this,was I wrong to have dropped her? I went to drop her because she was crying,bruised,and her sandal was torn.it will be unfair to leave her outside.

How can I help her out of the toxic relationship,without being seen as a traitor,or back-stabber by my friend, because its obvious my friend didn't like her at all,she's the one forcing herself on him.

Imagine after the whole beating,while driving her to school,she was pleading with me to beg my friend for her,I was like WTF in my mind,but didn't say anything,that I will get back to her.
Guy, open up to the babe wen next u see her and tell her that the guy has no likeness at all for her, not to talk of love..
Tell her pump-and-plain that the guy has many girls like her that are forcing themselves on him, and he no send dem, including her herself.. And dat if she continued forcing herself on him, then she may end up being de biggest fool of the century
Re: Was I Wrong? by 50calibre(m): 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
OP c'mon I thought its bros before ho*es what happened loool grin

On a serious note, I think you were wrong and here's why

1 - The girl brought that ill treatment on herself by showing up unannounced & then trying to force her way in like a lunatic instead of simply walking away as any reasonable girl would do

2 - A girl of 18 or above should be old enough to discern right from wrong, and old enough to live with the consequences of her actions/inactions. if for some reason (most likely money when it comes to Nigerian girls) the girl is not able to get out of a toxic relationship, then that's her cross to bear. You can't don't make decisions for an adult who is capable of making decisions for him/her self.

So except there's an immediate threat to her life, I don't see myself stepping in. You went beyond what was necessary, after breaking up the fight (which is where you should have stopped), you went the extra mile by taking the girl home thereby painting a better image of yourself as the good man and your friend the bad man.

You friend was right, you loyalty to him comes first, ignore these folks telling you otherwise, they're talking shi*t. I honestly don't see any chic coming in-between me and my buddy and vice versa, I can't jeopardise friendship of many years over some random chic who would probably run off with another guy someday.

Apologise to your friend, it's his girlfriend, his problem, only step in when absolutely necessary and know when to step out.

Be diplomatic my man

2 Likes

Re: Was I Wrong? by wiloy2k8(m): 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
Yomieluv:
Lemme make it short.

guy e nor concern u . free dem . if dem wan kill dem sef , make dem do am . nor go fall inlove ooo
Re: Was I Wrong? by wiloy2k8(m): 11:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
50calibre:

1 - The girl brought that ill treatment on herself by showing up unannounced & then trying to force her way in like a lunatic instead of simply walking away as any reasonable girl would do

2 - A girl of 18 or above should be old enough to discern right from wrong, and old enough to live with the consequences of their actions/inactions. if for some reason (most likely money when it comes to Nigerian girls) the girl is not able to get out of a toxic relationship, then that's her cross to bear. You can't don't make decisions for an adult who is capable of making decisions for him/her self.

So except there's an immediate threat to her life, I don't see myself stepping in. You went beyond what was necessary, after breaking up the fight (which is where you could have stopped), you went the extra mile by taking the girl home thereby painting a better image of yourself as the good man and your friend the bad man.

You friend was right, you loyalty to him comes first, ignore these folks telling you otherwise, they're talking shi*t. I honestly don't see any chic coming in-between me and my buddy and vice versa, I can't jeopardise friendship of many years over some random chic who would probably run off with another guy someday.

Apologise to your friend, it's his girlfriend, his problem, only step in when absolutely necessary and know when to step out.

Be diplomatic my man

u said everythin . d op mumu , dis tin dey cause fight btween friends ....
Re: Was I Wrong? by beenaija(m): 1:28am On Apr 17, 2015
jaymichael:
Your loyalty should be to nobody, but to the path of TRUTH, JUSTICE, EQUITY and FAIRNESS. If you ve done the right thing according to the best of your ability and conscience, you need no justification from anyone.
I agree with you. The girl probably has a low self esteem and feels she can't get a better guy.
Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 1:35am On Apr 17, 2015
Dyt:
Yomi
Onpa iro
Haaa
lol,my creative mind can create this,it happened for real.

In my whole life,I haven't seen such. Physical battering of a lady before.

He kicked the lady like a common football,I had to stop him,else it would have been another story entirely.
Re: Was I Wrong? by artade: 3:22am On Apr 17, 2015
Re-evaluate your friends. You mustn't be friends with everybody...

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong? by delishpot: 4:41am On Apr 17, 2015
Next time, leave her outside. Shuo, she went to a mans hiusr, he treated her like shit and locked her out, she still felt compelled to fight with him. Shey she sef no ser say shr no get valur for the guys eyes ni? what eas she confronting him for?
Re: Was I Wrong? by Hazardd(m): 6:50am On Apr 17, 2015
Strongfaze:
. Which time Hazard of Chelsea register for Nairaland?.
oh!
is it now you know?
Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 17, 2015
50calibre:

2 - A girl of 18 or above should be old enough to discern right from wrong, and old enough to live with the consequences of her actions/inactions. if for some reason (most likely money when it comes to Nigerian girls) the girl is not able to get out of a toxic relationship, then that's her cross to bear. You can't don't make decisions for an adult who is capable of making decisions for him/her self.

So except there's an immediate threat to her life, I don't see myself stepping in. You went beyond what was necessary, after breaking up the fight (which is where you should have stopped), you went the extra mile by taking the girl home thereby painting a better image of yourself as the good man and your friend the bad man.

Be diplomatic my man
lol,noted.

Attimes,we do Things involuntarily,I felt for the lady,that's why I went to drop Her. I can NEVER stoop so low to date my friend's babe.
Re: Was I Wrong? by fizzy94(m): 7:37am On Apr 17, 2015
*in j.cole's voice* don't save her, she don't wanna be saved don't save her.
Re: Was I Wrong? by ocelot2006(m): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2015
A piece of advice kiddo: NEVER EVER EVER EVER INVOLVE YOURSELF IN A QUARREL BTW A COUPLE. They will use you to settle later. Ive had a 1st hand experience and it was nasty.
Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 17, 2015
ocelot2006:
A piece of advice kiddo: NEVER EVER EVER EVER INVOLVE YOURSELF IN A QUARREL BTW A COUPLE. They will use you to settle later. Ive had a 1st hand experience and it was nasty.
care to share your experience?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girlfriend Of Man Who Called Out A Lady Over Flight Cries Out (video) / Ten(10) Things Those In A Relationship Can Relate With. / Tired Of This Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.