Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,525 members, 7,770,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:28 AM

In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership (14459 Views)

MKO Abiola With Shehu Sani In Kaduna (1993 Throwback Photo) / MKO Abiola's Grave 18 Years After / Photo Of MKO Abiola And Dele Alake After 1993 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by makzeze: 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
By the dint of a pleasant historical irony, the campaign jingle of the late Chief M.K.O Abiola during the June 12, 1993 Presidential election was the popular lyric: “On The March Again”; and the high point of which slogan then was the ‘search’ for ‘the People’s Choice’.

And although that free-willing determination of the people to ‘march’ for the actualization of their democratic choice was arbitrarily suppressed by the anti-democratic jackboot of vested military interest, that ‘Peoples Spirit’ was only scorched, but not entirely killed.

Thus 22 years since that historic June 12 annulment, Nigerians, for the first time, went ‘On The March Again’ –and this time incidentally in the month of March— to search for a president that is truly the democratic ‘Choice of the People’.

And it was not by accident that that democratic choice of the people would fall on the All Progressives Congress’s Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, one of Nigeria’s foremost military generals and her former head of state reputed as well for his personal discipline and modesty as for his transparency and incorruptibility.

Thus as ‘ghosts’ are said to be spirits that rise from the dead, it is virtually safe to surmise that the ghost of June 12 has, at last, resurrected in the resounding victory of the APC’s presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

Never since the criminal annulment of June 12 Presidential election has the muffled democratic will of the Nigerian people found such sharp vent nor was suddenly animated by the positive spirit of political change, than by the inevitable advent of the potentially corrective and liberating candidature of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

The general’s persistence and perseverance in his bid for election as Nigeria’s civilian president after three previous failed attempts attest not only to his faith in the democratic process, but is also a veritable proof of the purge in him of the regimentation and impetuosity that the military mind in politics is reputed for.

And just like the Pan Nigerian mandate secured for the first time by the late Chief MKO in 1993, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has re-enacted an electoral feat that is, once again, about to reunite Nigeria just when the country was on the verge of balkanization.

The recent victory of Gen. Buhari (over an arrogantly under-performing incumbent Jonathan) was not only cross-cultural in its diversity, it was in fact secured by a free-willing and free-acting electorate encumbered though by, but stridently resistant to, the canker worm of geo-politics, ethnographic and religious divide.

The incoming administration of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari is not only a child of promise; it is a child of hope. Even before it has taken off, it has brought a lot of healing to a nation only a few days ago was on a snapping point. The combination of a humble, incorruptible man of extreme modesty as president and commander-in-chief and an erudite legal luminary and a man of God and pastor as vice president is a veritable recipe for transparency and accountability in the in-coming APC dispensation.

Nor is the progressive content of this potentially messianic administration – as ably epitomised by the prodigious leadership of our very own Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Asiwaju himself—any less promising of a new evangel of good governance or what a Minna-based colleague of mine described as the Albert Einstein pitch of contemplation which trail was blazed 16 years ago in Lagos by the Jagaban himself.

It is my belief also that the advent of the Buhari-Osinbajo administration should give rest to the spirit of its political alter ego —namely June 12- by finally giving a lasting repose to the soul of the very democratic icon whose supreme sacrifice paid 22 years ago, set the nation on this irreversible path to democracy.

source:http://leadership.ng/opinions/425777/in-buhari-the-spirit-of-mko-may-find-rest

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by wasco24: 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
I hear ooo
Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by LewisO: 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
More success Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by Rahmatuparker: 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
Buhari will b a gud leader by d grace of God!

15 Likes

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by boman2014: 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
Man of many words

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by adorablepepple(f): 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hnmmmmm Oro shunukun
I hope you r right, cool we r all watching n hoping for d the best!
If u agree you can like this comment!

Now I lie on my mouka foam and read funny n reasonable comments cool
Happy viewing to me!

2 Likes

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by Cutiemay(f): 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
Very true
Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by Ilekeh(f): 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
Buhari we know, Buhari we love.

3 Likes

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by Ejovwoke(m): 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
All tenkz to Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by Blurry: 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
All thi irrelevant yarns...

1 Like

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by jimi4us: 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
I heard buhari and lie Mohammed have started denying all their campaign promises. if they take away the promise of feeding our primary school children in Nigeria every school day as they promise, raining season is around the corner, and it comes with a lot of thunders.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by adorablepepple(f): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
I hope you r right, cool we r all watching n hoping for d the best!
Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by nonxo007(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
People change o... Don't get ur hopes high yet..lets watch nd c...

1 Like

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by Seunpaul01(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
Looto?
Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by tobtap: 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
june 12 was an injustice to MKO... buhari victory cant erase that lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by oathman(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
i'm happy to be part of this historic event.... i'm an Assistant Presiding Officer 1 for my polling unit and i can tell you that the cardreader worked fine.

4 Likes

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by mmsen: 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
Maybe this says more about Abiola than it does about Buhari.

Contrary to what many believe Abiola was no saint, he was as close to the crooked political elite as anyone.

5 Likes

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by pontirock(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
The spirit of MKO must pursue and torment and kill Babangida before he go rest
Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by lordsharks(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
Pass waec with ease
Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by eagleeye2: 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
Na like this them take dey deceive those people.......Taa....lekwa ha, ndia choro iri m'

1 Like

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by jamex93(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
yes o

true talk
Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by eagleeye2: 6:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
pontirock:
The spirit of MKO must pursue and torment and kill Babangida before he go rest
forget that thing..... him people do am

1 Like

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by lolu20: 6:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
abiola was fake
Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by egift(m): 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
The masses are now in charge. If you become incompetent, we will kick you out.

Sai Buhari. God bless Nigeria.

RIP MKO.

2 Likes

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by joystickextendr: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
hmmm okay

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
pooooooooooooooooooooooo

God bless Gej

God bless PDP

1 Like

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by scachy(m): 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
Superstitious story.Abiola never rest since. He de wait for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by nerodenero: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
On the match again,
on the Match again,
Looking for Mr President,
MKO is our man o.
Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by sammyj: 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
Just MKO in 1993 was the peoples man applies to GMB who is now the peoples general ready to fight for the peoples mandate that was stolen by then military dictator. I so much believe MKO's spirit will rest in peace looking at our the power has returned back to the good loving hard work people of Nigeria through this election.

SAI MKO

SAI GMB

SAI Nigeria

SAI BABA God !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Buhari, The Spirit Of MKO Abiola May Find Rest- Leadership by hazyfm: 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'All Former Air Force Chiefs Diverted N558.2million Monthly'-Ex-NAF Finance Dir. / Obiano, US Consular General At Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival In Onitsha- PICS / Eight Edo APC Lawmakers Threaten To Defect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.